The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dear ZoS why did you mess up the Annulment spell so terribly? Why insult us mage players?

raidentenshu_ESO
raidentenshu_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Like the subject says... Why did you mess up Annulment so terribly that it's not even worth investing in skill points on? 6 lousy secs??! Are you (bleeping) kidding me? Do you even play your own games? Time again I am reminded that this isn't Skyrim. In fact this game doesn't even feel like an elder scrolls game to me. Instead of giving us 6 lousy secs to protect ourselves from ongoing attack why not give us the proper 60 seconds and provide another passives to which increases our duration to 90 secs. The morph should give us total of 132 seconds of protection.
  • Orgrimar
    Orgrimar
    ✭✭✭
    It's actually overpowered now. Does spell and physical damage. If skyrim had a move like that the game would be easy mode even though it already is. Think this is a L2P issue IMO.
    AD

High Elf Magic Sorc Dro'Mathra Destroyer

PSN: SuperSaian8
    PS4 NA
  • WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭
    But this isn't Skyrim.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Explain to me how it's overpowered? No it's not a L2P issue.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But this isn't Skyrim.

Yeah no ***. Despite all the bugs and etc... Skyrim is a better game :D
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    60 seconds , 90 seconds , 132 seconds? LOL Dude You have no idea what are You talking about.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    juhasman wrote: »
    60 seconds , 90 seconds , 132 seconds? LOL Dude You have no idea what are You talking about.

I do :)
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the subject says... Why did you mess up Annulment so terribly that it's not even worth investing in skill points on? 6 lousy secs??! Are you (bleeping) kidding me? Do you even play your own games? Time again I am reminded that this isn't Skyrim. In fact this game doesn't even feel like an elder scrolls game to me. Instead of giving us 6 lousy secs to protect ourselves from ongoing attack why not give us the proper 60 seconds and provide another passives to which increases our duration to 90 secs. The morph should give us total of 132 seconds of protection.

Your kidding right. 130 sec????
    One it got buffed to block all damage types.
    Two, in a fight the shield is not ever up more than 6 seconds requiring you to recast it inside of 6 sec anyway.

Ha, 130 sec. That is a good one. :wink:
  • Orgrimar
    Orgrimar
    ✭✭✭
    It's over powered because basically every magic class can survive like a sorc with harness magicka, the morph of annulment.
    AD

High Elf Magic Sorc Dro'Mathra Destroyer

PSN: SuperSaian8
    PS4 NA
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Orgrimar wrote: »
    It's over powered because basically every magic class can survive like a sorc with harness magicka, the morph of annulment.

I'm finally fighting enemies of my own level and so far this spell has been a great deal of disappointment. It doesn't feel OP but UP. The Morph doesn't seem to do much of anything. The cost of using this spell seems to bit high considering the poor duration time.
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS' attempt at removing Shield Stacking... :trollface:
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orgrimar wrote: »

I'm finally fighting enemies of my own level and so far this spell has been a great deal of disappointment. It doesn't feel OP but UP. The Morph doesn't seem to do much of anything. The cost of using this spell seems to bit high considering the poor duration time.

If you're using it for PvE it's really not going to feel much. PvP however it feels great.

I think the confusion here is that you're using in vs trash mobs in PvE which don't really do burst damage and it's been balanced around PvP which is all about burst damage. PvE you're better just slotting a heal and throwing that out from time to time rather than mitigating damage.

Exceptions are looking at harder group content (even then a good healer will outshine the shield) or Maelstrom Arena.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »

Two, in a fight the shield is not ever up more than 6 seconds requiring you to recast it inside of 6 sec anyway.

Salty tears from folks who still get nuked by light armor wearing sorcs. Sorcs are the intelligent players toon, meaning nb's and dk's are primarily the only ones crying tears of rage about sorc shields.
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    l2p
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wards in Skyrim continuously drain your magicka. Would you like that better?

m(
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    l2p

Or even l2mmo.
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But this isn't Skyrim.

Yeah no ***. Despite all the bugs and etc... Skyrim is a better game :D

Skyrim is a single player game where balance isn't a concern at all. Please stop telling yourself that ESO is skyrim online.

As for annulment, giving it physical damage shield as well as magic damage means any class can now get a great shield that also gives you magicka back. I don't love the 6s duration, but I can live with it. In PvE I don't slot a shield at all except for Harness Magicka (annulment morph) in 1 or 2 fights. In PvP shielding yourself while you're not taking damage is a waste of resources.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Salty tears from folks who still get nuked by light armor wearing sorcs. Sorcs are the intelligent players toon, meaning nb's and dk's are primarily the only ones crying tears of rage about sorc shields.

We are not even talking about sorcs.
    Bottom line is that any shield in a fight is down within 6 seconds even before the change. That is simply a practical fact. 6 seconds means nothing because a player refreshes shields inside that amount of time practically speaking.
    So not only did annulment have to be refreshed inside of 6 seconds in a fight previously, but it got a buff.
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Explain to me how it's overpowered? No it's not a L2P issue.

Belive me it's L2P issue. At the moment in PvE none magicka class need that skill to survive. It's ovewpowered because if You know how to play You can for example stack on sorc 50k shield so used in proper moment can give You possibility to survive some mobs enrages even if that's physical dmg ones.But in most fight You dont need that skill because it was not created for trash mobs fights.It's skill reserved to survive short bursts when You use it in proper moment not to brainlesly spam it like I assume You doing. Also You can cover Your healing ward under annulment to gives healing ward 100% shield as healing value when it ends. 6 seconds may be to big nerf but Your 60,90,130 secs are just joke.
    Edited by juhasman on June 30, 2016 12:35PM
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    l2p

Why dont you teach, then? Cancerous three character texts are the reason this forum is toxic. The nerf should have only been PvP related, and the spell duration should have stayed the same for PvE. Am I right? Yes, I am.How about we nerf surprise attack and concealed weapon, too? In fact, lets just get rid of the burst damage that requires light armor wearing folks to have a shield in the first place.
    Edited by Massive_Stain on June 30, 2016 12:38PM
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ahh i forgot to add morphed to harness magicka it recovers more magicka then it cost if You fight against magic enemies.

Edited by juhasman on June 30, 2016 12:38PM
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    l2p

Or even l2mmo.

Where can I go to get my degree in L2P MMO college?
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭

Look at the title of the thread.
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    l2p

Or even l2mmo.

Not in the same place Zenimax headquaters are located for sure.
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    l2p

Or even l2mmo.

A random, dimly lit basement.
  • HuawaSepp
    HuawaSepp
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like you would love the skaling that comes with One Tamriel.
    Try fishing in between and don't break your fingers.
    PTS-EU
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l2p

Why dont you teach, then? Cancerous three character texts are the reason this forum is toxic. The nerf should have only been PvP related, and the spell duration should have stayed the same for PvE. Am I right? Yes, I am.How about we nerf surprise attack and concealed weapon, too? In fact, lets just get rid of the burst damage that requires light armor wearing folks to have a shield in the first place.

O I see. Your right simply because your right.

What requires LA to use shields more often than not is you know that fact they are wearing LA.
    A LA user previously did not have as much worry about defending against a mag user because spell resistance is typically on part with medium armor where physical is lacking. The change to shield gave protection to physical. So previously the attacks you were most vulnerable against were still getting you whereas now they do not.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at the title of the thread.

Ya annulment is LA. Mage user refers to people that use magic or spells.
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    l2p

Because I simply don't bother with people who bring up Skyrim as an argument and have a weird twisted logic like from 60s to 90s and 132s. Wtf man?

I don't give a damn about the nerf (or buff from another perspective) to that shield. And no you are not right for one simple reason: ZoS does not want to separate skills PvE and PvP wise. Which is something incredibly stupid and reason for a lot of rage and rants, but there is nothing we can do about it. We gotta live with that.

Be my guest, nerf the burst damage meta. I'm not much of a fan of it either. I'd much more prefer to get softcaps back and tone the CP system down. But that won't happen, so whatever.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have anulment on my bar for PVE....when im making a new character and it needs leveling! i dont activate it... its just there keeping me company!
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    l2p

Because I simply don't bother with people who bring up Skyrim as an argument and have a weird twisted logic like from 60s to 90s and 132s. Wtf man?

I don't give a damn about the nerf (or buff from another perspective) to that shield. And no you are not right for one simple reason: ZoS does not want to separate skills PvE and PvP wise. Which is something incredibly stupid and reason for a lot of rage and rants, but there is nothing we can do about it. We gotta live with that.

Be my guest, nerf the burst damage meta. I'm not much of a fan of it either. I'd much more prefer to get softcaps back and tone the CP system down. But that won't happen, so whatever.

My response to the l2p crud, is based on my own experience. I have a maxed sorc with all skyshards collected, max undaunted, and max pvp skill lines. Basically all skills unlocked and morphed. I have tried all armors, weapon combinations etc, and it always comes down to mitigation and burst damage. That stinks.