Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dear ZoS why did you mess up the Annulment spell so terribly? Why insult us mage players?

• WolfingHour
    WolfingHour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    l2p

Or even l2mmo.

Where can I go to get my degree in L2P MMO college?

You don't need a degree, just common sense. xD
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    bowmanz607 wrote: »
    Like the subject says... Why did you mess up Annulment so terribly that it's not even worth investing in skill points on? 6 lousy secs??! Are you (bleeping) kidding me? Do you even play your own games? Time again I am reminded that this isn't Skyrim. In fact this game doesn't even feel like an elder scrolls game to me. Instead of giving us 6 lousy secs to protect ourselves from ongoing attack why not give us the proper 60 seconds and provide another passives to which increases our duration to 90 secs. The morph should give us total of 132 seconds of protection.

Your kidding right. 130 sec????
    One it got buffed to block all damage types.
    Two, in a fight the shield is not ever up more than 6 seconds requiring you to recast it inside of 6 sec anyway.

Ha, 130 sec. That is a good one. :wink:

Salty tears from folks who still get nuked by light armor wearing sorcs. Sorcs are the intelligent players toon, meaning nb's and dk's are primarily the only ones crying tears of rage about sorc shields.

We are not even talking about sorcs.
    Look at the title of the thread.

Ya annulment is LA. Mage user refers to people that use magic or spells.

Now you're trying too hard.
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the subject says... Why did you mess up Annulment so terribly that it's not even worth investing in skill points on? 6 lousy secs??! Are you (bleeping) kidding me? Do you even play your own games? Time again I am reminded that this isn't Skyrim. In fact this game doesn't even feel like an elder scrolls game to me. Instead of giving us 6 lousy secs to protect ourselves from ongoing attack why not give us the proper 60 seconds and provide another passives to which increases our duration to 90 secs. The morph should give us total of 132 seconds of protection.

Two, in a fight the shield is not ever up more than 6 seconds requiring you to recast it inside of 6 sec anyway.

Salty tears from folks who still get nuked by light armor wearing sorcs. Sorcs are the intelligent players toon, meaning nb's and dk's are primarily the only ones crying tears of rage about sorc shields.

What are you even talking about? You make no sense. Go troll elsewhere.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's really, really good. Spam it and see what happens when you're getting blasted by Mages.
    PC EU
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭

Mage = sorc. No.
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's really, really good. Spam it and see what happens when you're getting blasted by Mages.

I took harness magicka for that very reason, but honestly I dont need it at all. My mag recovery is 3400. I can cast all day, and I do in pvp. I can be surrounded and survive longer than stam builds, with hardened ward if I want to. Does it mean I do it, as a light armor wearing sorc (mage)? No. I rely on burst damage just like every one else.
    Edited by Massive_Stain on June 30, 2016 1:12PM
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mage = sorc. No.

No. Sorcs =sorc.

Mage=spell users
    Stam= physical user

Saying mage or stam is a way to differentiatend between the two styles.
    Additionally, look at the whole thread. The discussion has discussed the merits of the annulment with mag style gameplay.
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    juhasman wrote: »
    l2p

Or even l2mmo.

Not in the same place Zenimax headquaters are located for sure.

I'm sure they would call the police on me.
    l2p

Or even l2mmo.

You don't need a degree, just common sense. xD

Common sense and this game doesn't mix well together.
    Edited by raidentenshu_ESO on June 30, 2016 1:20PM
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Common sense and the internet don't mix well together.

Fixed :p
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • willymchilybily
    willymchilybily
    ✭✭✭✭

Although i disagree with the OP a lot, your analysis is misleading. one should not imply 6 second shield has no affect, and still argue against the OPs request 60/90/132 second. Your argument is that a 6 second shield is plenty because it wont last 6 seconds during a fight. if this is the case there is no harm in it being longer than 6 seconds whilst in combat. it could last until its HP was gone and have no time basis. i disagree.

6 Seconds is key because it limits the effectiveness of shield stacking out of combat and before combat, or during combat,
    if you manage to make space to breath. Shields are first on first off, which makes shield stacking only as effective as your shortest lasting shield. where as if it was last on first off i could regularly stack my short duration shield on top of a long duration shield. in effect the time frame, and way the shields work are carfully chosen to drive away this multi shield play. effective stackng would come back for sorcs if they could use a second shield with long duration to rotate with their 10 second shield.

this is bad because shields are much more powerfull than heals because they are added onto your health pool, opposed to reactive. Shields WERE TOO STRONG. compared to heals. Someone had to take off the shield and the health to kill you making the burst required to kill much greater than someone just using healing. and to be able to overlap them was ridiculous from the off. poorly thought out balance design imo.
    PSN - WarpPigeon - Guild: TheSyndicate - EU, Ebonheart Pact
    Dragon Knight [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Magicka] - 720 - Flawless Conqueror
    Templar [Magicka] - 720 - Stormproof
    Dragon Knight [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Night Blade [Stamina] - 720 - Stormproof
    Sorcerer [Stamina] - 720
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Healing potions are useless in this game because of the cool down timer.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Although i disagree with the OP a lot, your analysis is misleading. one should not imply 6 second shield has no affect, and still argue against the OPs request 60/90/132 second. Your argument is that a 6 second shield is plenty because it wont last 6 seconds during a fight. if this is the case there is no harm in it being longer than 6 seconds whilst in combat. it could last until its HP was gone and have no time basis. i disagree.

6 Seconds is key because it limits the effectiveness of shield stacking out of combat and before combat, or during combat,
    if you manage to make space to breath. Shields are first on first off, which makes shield stacking only as effective as your shortest lasting shield. where as if it was last on first off i could regularly stack my short duration shield on top of a long duration shield. in effect the time frame, and way the shields work are carfully chosen to drive away this multi shield play. effective stackng would come back for sorcs if they could use a second shield with long duration to rotate with their 10 second shield.

this is bad because shields are much more powerfull than heals because they are added onto your health pool, opposed to reactive. Shields WERE TOO STRONG. compared to heals. Someone had to take off the shield and the health to kill you making the burst required to kill much greater than someone just using healing. and to be able to overlap them was ridiculous from the off. poorly thought out balance design imo.

I was waiting for someone to point that out. I realized I was not clear.

My point is that one 6 sec shield has no effect on the player while fighting because it drops quick. My argument centered around the premise set forth by the OP which was that the duration in combat is not practical.

I agree that it hurts shield stacking. Does not eliminate but certainly helps. Additionally, it also stops a player from riding around being 100% protected from ganks and flanked attacks. It forces you to keep casting if you want this constant protection.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By that logic so are stam and mag potions
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just tested this OP spell out and it took 2 shots from an archer NPC of my rank to completely wipe out this "shield"

How on earth could this be labeled as a "OP" is beyond me.

So much for absorbing 7603 damage.

Either fix this spell or take it out because its useless for mages.

Also it should NOT cost as much mana.
    Edited by raidentenshu_ESO on June 30, 2016 1:38PM
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

By that logic so are stam and mag potions

Yea all potions are useless. Why cant we just have unlimited resources and unlimited shields already?
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just tested this OP spell out and it took 2 shots from an archer NPC of my rank to completely wipe out this "shield"

How on earth could this be labeled as a "OP" is beyond me.

So much for absorbing 7603 damage.

Either fix this spell or take it out because its useless for mages.

Also it should NOT cost as much mana.

What rank are you? What is your max magic? You have reduce cost by wearing LA and champ points? So many more factors to consider. What archer hit you? PVP guard?

The cost end game is not bad. Especially with resource management not being a problem
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭

Mage = sorc. No.

No. Sorcs =sorc.

Mage=spell users
    Stam= physical user

Saying mage or stam is a way to differentiatend between the two styles.
    Additionally, look at the whole thread. The discussion has discussed the merits of the annulment with mag style gameplay.

Mag or stam. Fixed it for ya.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Annulment was not messed up, it was improved. It was useless against melee fighters, especially gap closers in PvP. Now it's general purpose and so is Bone Shield. You're complaining about it dropping to 6 seconds? Well if you need it to last longer than 6 seconds then you don't really need it at all now do you?
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • raidentenshu_ESO
    raidentenshu_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Annulment was not messed up, it was improved. It was useless against melee fighters, especially gap closers in PvP. Now it's general purpose and so is Bone Shield. You're complaining about it dropping to 6 seconds? Well if you need it to last longer than 6 seconds then you don't really need it at all now do you?

Yeah I do need it. I need it because I am a solo player. I don't rely on others when I'm out adventuring and questing. I need the extra armor if I am going to face with a group of combative semi OP NPCS of my level.

Some of the side quest that requires me to do heavy battling most often don't pay me enough to compensate for armor damage. It can cost an abundance to repair... funny thought because I'm maxed out on clothing (every spot has a skill point) yet there's no option for me to self repair my items. If I could do that then I wouldn't be asking for the spell to have a larger duration.
  • Whatzituyah
    Whatzituyah
    ✭✭✭✭
    So if we step inside Skyrim Territory in ESO we are not in Skyrim? :confused: Seriously thats all I got out of this thread when I read the comments. :lol: What can I say about barriers? Maybe that they don't last more than 6 seconds anyway in a fight.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yeah I do need it. I need it because I am a solo player. I don't rely on others when I'm out adventuring and questing. I need the extra armor if I am going to face with a group of combative semi OP NPCS of my level.

Some of the side quest that requires me to do heavy battling most often don't pay me enough to compensate for armor damage. It can cost an abundance to repair... funny thought because I'm maxed out on clothing (every spot has a skill point) yet there's no option for me to self repair my items. If I could do that then I wouldn't be asking for the spell to have a larger duration.

The duration is irrelevant though because if you need it then that means enemies are beating the crap out of it and depleting it entirely in less than 6 seconds. Also you're going to lose durability regardless because it's based on xp gain, not taking damage. Only way damage would wear into your gear is if you die excluding death by pvp.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    l2p

Or even l2mmo.

From this guy...

https://youtu.be/OKnGFuthtFM
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ya bit if your in heavy combat then the shield is not lasting 6 seconds anyway. It wouldn't matter if it 6 seconds or 20 because it is being depleted before then. The shorter sheila duration helps to balance other aspects of the game.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If shield stacking could have been addressed we probably wouldn't have the shield duration nerf.

Although I think 6 sec is fine for non-class shields, Hardened should be 8 or 10 though :/
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    l2p

Why dont you teach, then? Cancerous three character texts are the reason this forum is toxic. The nerf should have only been PvP related, and the spell duration should have stayed the same for PvE. Am I right? Yes, I am.How about we nerf surprise attack and concealed weapon, too? In fact, lets just get rid of the burst damage that requires light armor wearing folks to have a shield in the first place.

Can't teach someone who is unwilling to learn and the OP says it's not an L2P issue.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lets not forget it included cast time, so 4.6s of a shield, its worthless for pve and pvp in general with stam dps being brokenly high it wont last more than 1 shot anyways
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OP NPCs!!!!

Are we even playing the same game?
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    An 6800 damage shield is not over powered. That is gone in one shot.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lets not forget it included cast time, so 4.6s of a shield, its worthless for pve and pvp in general with stam dps being brokenly high it wont last more than 1 shot anyways

It is instant cast
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    An 6800 damage shield is not over powered. That is gone in one shot.

6800 is low. Need to increase your max mag and/or use champion tree.