The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Dear ZoS why did you mess up the Annulment spell so terribly? Why insult us mage players?

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    ZOS' attempt at removing Shield Stacking... :trollface:

a bit like trying to kill a gnat with a sledgehammer.

admittedly, the gnat didn't need killing in the first place and should've been left alone.

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Annulment was not messed up, it was improved. It was useless against melee fighters, especially gap closers in PvP. Now it's general purpose and so is Bone Shield. You're complaining about it dropping to 6 seconds? Well if you need it to last longer than 6 seconds then you don't really need it at all now do you?

Yeah I do need it. I need it because I am a solo player. I don't rely on others when I'm out adventuring and questing. I need the extra armor if I am going to face with a group of combative semi OP NPCS of my level.

Some of the side quest that requires me to do heavy battling most often don't pay me enough to compensate for armor damage. It can cost an abundance to repair... funny thought because I'm maxed out on clothing (every spot has a skill point) yet there's no option for me to self repair my items. If I could do that then I wouldn't be asking for the spell to have a larger duration.

Say WHAT?!? I'm a solo player and with all the various classes and builds I've used I've NEVER needed any type of shield in solo quests and this includes soloing Group Bosses and Public Dungeons. Definitely sounds like a L2P issue... what crafted gear are you running? Are you using Blue food? Enchantments in all armor slots?!? I have yet to come across ANY NPCs of equal level that even stand a chance against me, and that includes those a few levels above. Of course I also have CP, but even before CP I could solo almost all equal or slightly greater quests using just crafted gear, enchantments and blue food... I rarely EVER died especially to any NPC that was equal to my level.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why these threads even get any kind of traction? I don't get it
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am sorry but Annulment is actually much more powerful now than it was before blocking both magical and physical damage and before it lasted for 20 seconds and it was powerful even now at 6 seconds Annulment and most other damage shields are still pretty powerful.

But changing shields to last over 2 minutes thought ? I'm sorry but that is just down right ridiculous.
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    good sorcs shield up every second anyway so the nerf was not even a nerf. As of matter of shields are more OP because now they mitigates PHYSICAL damage too. Good luck taking out a good sorc. They should had just made shields crit so PVE sorcs didnt feel affected by this. The way i see it they should had left the 20 seconds, remove the physical buff and let shields be crit.
    Edited by Kalante on July 2, 2016 12:11AM
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sAnn92 wrote: »
    Why these threads even get any kind of traction? I don't get it

Not a lot of interesting threads imo lately so personally just looking for eso discussion to kill some time :)