The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I WANT THAT BLACK CAT ZOS

• newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So... can I buy the Japanese version?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KriHavok wrote: »
    Aeladiir wrote: »
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    ALL I have ever wanted from Pets is a simple black housecat. Today I actually see someone with one! But it's not in the Crown Store! So I ask the player and they tell me it's a reward for the Japanese purchasers of the game! SERIOUSLY ZOS? The ONLY thing I have ever truly wanted from you and now I can never have it...because I'm not Japanese? The FIVE Imperial Editions I bought at launch....don't rate me a black kitty?

Yeah, yeah, first world problems. But I am actually pretty furious about this! :neutral:

Screenshot, please!

I believe the pet is available if you purchase a copy of the game from amazon.co.jp
    Here's the picture that's used in the description: MawPPPL.png

Yes this is exactly the kitty I saw. ZOS you don't have to give him to me, just put him in the Crown Store and I will gladly buy him! You can even remove the "special" red collar!
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Options
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why am I being punished for supporting the game with an unbroken sub since launch???

The obvious answer? "They don't care".

As with almost any business these days- they've got your money already. The days of "customer loyalty" are long gone- it's all about making a quick buck, offshore accounts and quick retirement. Ever since the dotcoms and getting rich overnight with the stock market, almost every business has turned into a cash-grab model.

Pre-orders, hyped announcements, borderline false advertisement, etc.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
    Options
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And I want a tiger mount but it's not gonna happen so get over it and get on with your daily writs.
    Options
  • MuddledMuppet
    MuddledMuppet
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apparently when ESO launches in China they get a new dog, it'll probably be a pile of Shih Tzu tho
    Options
  • MuddledMuppet
    MuddledMuppet
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why am I being punished for supporting the game with an unbroken sub since launch???

The obvious answer? "They don't care".

As with almost any business these days- they've got your money already. The days of "customer loyalty" are long gone- it's all about making a quick buck, offshore accounts and quick retirement. Ever since the dotcoms and getting rich overnight with the stock market, almost every business has turned into a cash-grab model.

Pre-orders, hyped announcements, borderline false advertisement, etc.

Do you live in Tunbridge Wells?
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »

I might actually do that if the code for the cat were separate and I could add it to my main account. LOL

Options
  • Legoless
    Legoless
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are they seriously doing this again?
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legoless wrote: »
    Are they seriously doing this again?

Yep. SIGH

Options
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vyrusb23 wrote: »
    ALL I have ever wanted from Pets is a simple black housecat. Today I actually see someone with one! But it's not in the Crown Store! So I ask the player and they tell me it's a reward for the Japanese purchasers of the game! SERIOUSLY ZOS? The ONLY thing I have ever truly wanted from you and now I can never have it...because I'm not Japanese? The FIVE Imperial Editions I bought at launch....don't rate me a black kitty?

Yeah, yeah, first world problems. But I am actually pretty furious about this! :neutral:

Don't worrry. It'll be in the Crown Store at some point.

yeah 5k crowns probably.
    Edited by Kalante on June 24, 2016 3:27AM
    Options
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also want a black cat but if its like 5k crowns im not buying it. More like 500 crowns.
    Edited by Kalante on June 24, 2016 3:27AM
    Options
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kammakazi wrote: »
    I want the Dwarven Sphere pet :'(

Engine Guardian?
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
    Options
  • KriHavok
    KriHavok
    ✭✭✭✭

I might actually do that if the code for the cat were separate and I could add it to my main account. LOL

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the code come separately from the game? Just like how the Imperial Edition items and Explorer's Pack were separate codes.
    UESP Staffer & Wiki Editor
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KriHavok wrote: »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the code come separately from the game? Just like how the Imperial Edition items and Explorer's Pack were separate codes.

Well the version of the game on the Japanese version of amazon that includes the cat code is like $85.00 at the current conversion rate. Yes, I actually considered this. But no, my lunacy only goes so far. I REALLY WANT THIS CAT THOUGH!!!!

Options
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morna xD I hope you get a black cat!
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

Options
  • Moatsquirrel
    Moatsquirrel
    Soul Shriven
    Don't worry it'll make it to the store at some point, the wolfhound for the steam game did.Besides zos wants that money so it'll come just be patient.
    Options
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just saw someone with that cat. I came to the forums to see where to get it. Not going to buy it from Japan though.
    Edited by dannymcgr81b14_ESO on June 25, 2016 12:09AM
    Options
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just saw someone with that cat. I came to the forums to see where to get it. Not going to buy it from Japan though.

I did discover you can buy the pig pet on eBay. Maybe the cat will show of there too. Probably before it makes it to the crown store.

Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    As long as the old subscriber loyalty rewards from before ESO 2.0 stay exclusive, I am unruffled. I want people who see my Striped Senche, Dwemer Sphere and Wrothgar Ice Wraith to know I supported the game from the very beginning. :)

I have all those things and would gladly exchange both the Dwemer Sphere and the Ice Wraith as well as my Mask of Cheerful Slaughter for the black cat! Why am I being punished for supporting the game with an unbroken sub since launch???

Why are you using the word punished for a virtual pet?

This kind of drama is why I reckon we're often ignored.

You're not being punished.

You just don't get a perk attached to a certain release.

Not the first time, not the last.

Oh and the pig was given away at whatevercon or won in the Hel Ra Trial competition for same whatevercon I forgot the name, because I didn't go but I got the brown pig for placing in the hel ra thing for that same event.

People are selling the pig code on eBay from the whatevercon.
    Edited by Mureel on June 25, 2016 1:15PM
    Options
  • Khenarthi
    Khenarthi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah well, I'm growing attached to the little Nixad anyway. But I hope a similar black cat (minus the red collar, the other 2 cat pets do not have a collar) does become available at some point in the future.
    PC-EU
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awwwwwww darn! That sucks.

Technically they recoloured the steam dog... so in theory they would need to recolour the cat to stay within the same practice... and then it wouldn't be black!

I really hope you find a way to get that kitty!
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • ikza
    ikza
    ✭✭✭
    I Have a DK Reptile with a Reptile Mount and a Reptile Pet, also i have a NB Cat with a Cat Mount and a Cat Pet.

Also i have a Imperial NB...

Where is my Human Mount and my Human Pet?
    Edited by ikza on June 25, 2016 6:27PM
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khenarthi wrote: »
    Ah well, I'm growing attached to the little Nixad anyway. But I hope a similar black cat (minus the red collar, the other 2 cat pets do not have a collar) does become available at some point in the future.

That's understandable. The Nixad is hands-down the best pet they added to date. It is not only adorable (I mean, have you seen it sneeze?!), but it also have more unique animations than I could identify on any other pet, by far. I hope we get the other two colors soon. I have many characters and not two of them use the same mount/pet/costume/hair style though, it is one of my "rules", so I would still get a black cat if they sold one even if the Nixad is my favourite pet.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just had to come back and say the kitty is adorable. (Even though dogs are better, hah ;))
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • SlayerSyrena
    SlayerSyrena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw these today and was temporarily mind-blown. (So cute and I had no idea where they came from.) Now I know, but still want one!
    PC/NA, Level 50 * Current Champion Points: 1600+
    Cyndril - Bosmer Vampire Nightblade - Dual Wield Blades and Bow

***Member of the closed early beta group, The Psijic Order***
    Guest on first ESO Live
    My ESO fan art and comics
    Options
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh mi God it even has a red ribbon <3<3<3
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
    Options
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

YOU ARE CRAZY:D....
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
    Options
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    As long as the old subscriber loyalty rewards from before ESO 2.0 stay exclusive, I am unruffled. I want people who see my Striped Senche, Dwemer Sphere and Wrothgar Ice Wraith to know I supported the game from the very beginning. :)
    I have all of these and I think the loyalty program should still be in place, allowing everyone who subscribes long enough to earn these rewards regardless of when they joined the game. Exclusive content sucks, even if it's only cosmetic.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MornaBaine : +1 hoping you get your cat! Honestly I'm surprised a popular color like that was made exclusive.
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Exclusive content sucks, even if it's only cosmetic.

+1 this also. It's one thing to choose not to get something--for financial reasons, because you don't like the look of it, because it doesn't 'mesh' well with your character--another to have no choice for circumstances beyond your control.

#proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • NovaShadow
    NovaShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want a baby black kitty so bad.

I'm holding out for the badger in the CS atm but I'd buy a black kitty over it in a heartbeat. Or that simese cat I saw one in Stormhaven I think it was, near the stables.
    PC NA - EPHS
    Options