The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sound Effects not working after recent patch 2.4.8

Iron_Ryan
Iron_Ryan
Soul Shriven
Hi!

I just installed the recent patch and now most of the sound effects in the game are gone. Things like light/ heavy attack, running, sprinting, jumping, sword and board abilities etc are no longer working at all. There are only some abilities that have sound. I have logged out and in, travelled to different zones, restarted the game completely, restarted my computer, tried the repair option on the launcher twice and nothing seems to work.

Could someone please help me out with this? I can't find any solutions to this problem for Mac

Thanks!
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks, @Iron_Ryan, we're passing this along to the Audio team to investigate. You've tried everything I would have suggested in the meantime. We'll take a look.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having the same problems here as well.
  • mistermacintosh
    mistermacintosh
    ✭✭✭
    Iron_Ryan wrote: »
    Hi!

I just installed the recent patch and now most of the sound effects in the game are gone. Things like light/ heavy attack, running, sprinting, jumping, sword and board abilities etc are no longer working at all. There are only some abilities that have sound. I have logged out and in, travelled to different zones, restarted the game completely, restarted my computer, tried the repair option on the launcher twice and nothing seems to work.

Could someone please help me out with this? I can't find any solutions to this problem for Mac

Thanks!

Yep, Epona isn't making her clippity-clops any more (I'm also on a Mac). I checked my headphones and everything, but I guess it's the patch. Hopefully it won't be too distracting until fixed...

Oh well. At least ZOS is fixing things. Hopefully the group-finder get's attention soon. I didn't see it mentioned in today's patch notes, but it should be up there on the list.
    Legalize Nirnroot!

Mac User, NA Server (CP810+, PVE focused):
    Magicka Templar Ra the Everlasting (Level 50 - Main Character)
    Stamina Sorcerer Khazaka-ri (Level 50 - Crafter)
    Dragonknight Tank Skalda Flamewreath (Level 50)
    Pet Sorcerer Hellias Ocume (Level 50)
    Magicka Necromancer Socelon (Level 4)

Templar Healer Mends-Through-Panic (Level 50)
    Stamina Nightblade Adanna-daro (Level 50)
    Stamina Warden Marely Sprigs (Level 50)
    Stamina Dragonknight Ursula Trollcalmer (Level 50)
    Stamina Necromancer Daengeval (Level 4)

Stamina Templar Cornellus Graves (Level 50)
    Warden Healer Pays-For-Luxury (Level 50)
    Magicka Sorcerer Sophia Flash (Level 50)
    Magicka Dragonknight Cinvalo Aloavel (Level 50)
    Magicka Nightblade Esmerelda the Cruel (Level 50)
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mac User here as well and my sound effects of attacks are missing since the patch this morning.

Either this is Mac specific or it could have something to do with me using Poisons on weapons as it doesn't seem to affect everyone.
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same problem. Running, horse running, sword & bow attacks are super quiet or just a static pop. Makes combat extremely hard with no feedback.
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • Iron_Ryan
    Iron_Ryan
    Soul Shriven
    Awesome thank you @ZOS_JessicaFolsom!

@Sporvan Yea I think it's a Mac specific issue because my friends on PC are having no problems. Ah well hopefully it'll get fixed sometime soon!
  • AKSb16_ESO2
    AKSb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it's only the running sound of the characters and horses, but battle sound is gone too. Weird. ^^
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

any update if the bug has been identified?

Just to recap, walking/running footsteps have no sound. Mount sounds are gone, not just movement. Only SOME combat sounds are gone. I still have all my SFX with staves and bows, it seems to be combat sounds regarding metal weapons and armor that are gone.

The only time I can hear footsteps or trotting si when moving through water, not sure if that helps at all. I really hope this is being worked on, it does seem to be a mac specific issue. Which is worrisome because usually mac bug are wholly ignored, and playing this game without SFX is not something I want to have "adjust to".

Please keep us updated as far as this bug goes. It's actually making the game harder to play, but not in a fun way.
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Update: some animal sounds (deer when killed) are now also missing

Edit: I can also now confirm that this is NOT addon related as I disabled them all, reloaded the game, and SFX were still missing.
    Edited by JJBoomer on June 22, 2016 9:08PM
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭
    I'm having the same issue on a fresh install on my iMac. I have zero add ons installed.
    Edited by Niastissa on June 23, 2016 3:38PM
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭
    Iron_Ryan wrote: »
    Awesome thank you @ZOS_JessicaFolsom!

@Sporvan Yea I think it's a Mac specific issue because my friends on PC are having no problems. Ah well hopefully it'll get fixed sometime soon!

I can concur. My PC is not having this issue, only my iMac.
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: I was mistaken, all staff sounds, light and heavy are either missing or extremely quiet/messed up
  • Nor_the_Fallen
    Having same issues.
  • Iron_Ryan
    Iron_Ryan
    Soul Shriven
    JJBoomer wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

any update if the bug has been identified?

Just to recap, walking/running footsteps have no sound. Mount sounds are gone, not just movement. Only SOME combat sounds are gone. I still have all my SFX with staves and bows, it seems to be combat sounds regarding metal weapons and armor that are gone.

The only time I can hear footsteps or trotting si when moving through water, not sure if that helps at all. I really hope this is being worked on, it does seem to be a mac specific issue. Which is worrisome because usually mac bug are wholly ignored, and playing this game without SFX is not something I want to have "adjust to".

Please keep us updated as far as this bug goes. It's actually making the game harder to play, but not in a fun way.

I haven't seen any updates yet but I'm assuming that it will be fixed next week as a hotfix or something. Hopefully we'll find out soon! Haha yea I understand how you feel, the combat is getting kinda annoying it's like your just swinging at air all the time.
  • AKSb16_ESO2
    AKSb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Problem not fixed with 2.4.9... :/
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sincerely hope this gets resolved soon, it's super annoying to play without sounds.
  • rampoob16_ESO
    rampoob16_ESO
    ✭✭
    Why there is no hotfix? please.......
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any updates would be appreciated about this bug.
  • Lord_Draevan
    Lord_Draevan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd, I get no music in my game. When I go into the sound options, the music bar is greyed out and I can't adjust it.
    I'm a man of few words. Any questions?
    NA/PC server
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind -- I'm on PC.
    Edited by Blud on June 30, 2016 11:06AM
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i really hope these rather serious sound problems are being worked on and not just ignored. like this is actually a serious issues when your SFX are broken or straight up gone. I really hope the devs are working on fixing that.
  • AKSb16_ESO2
    AKSb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. Nearly not playable without sound. :/
  • Iron_Ryan
    Iron_Ryan
    Soul Shriven
    Yea hopefully it will be solved in the next hotfix...
  • Iron_Ryan
    Iron_Ryan
    Soul Shriven
    Nevermind haha the sound still isn't working with the new hotfix
  • artorius_veritas
    artorius_veritas
    Soul Shriven
    Yep, I have this problem as well. Seems to be a mac issue. I'm using the late 2015 iMac with 5k screen (also had issues with the launcher but fixed it by changing my resolution to the huge native 5200x2800 or whatever it is).
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue for me as well. Since a couple of patches ago, missing sound effects while using horse mount.
  • Niastissa
    Niastissa
    ✭✭✭
    As @ZOS_GinaBruno has posted in the other thread on the same topic, the fix for the Mac sound problem is already in the current PTS build and will go live with the release of Update 11.

When is that?
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Niastissa wrote: »
    As @ZOS_GinaBruno has posted in the other thread on the same topic, the fix for the Mac sound problem is already in the current PTS build and will go live with the release of Update 11.

When is that?

August 1 release
  • AKSb16_ESO2
    AKSb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Patch 2.4.11 and still no sound... Not funny anymore.