The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Raid 12 PVE content should be in group finder

ArnoTerranova
ArnoTerranova
✭✭✭
Dear all,

all is in the title, I would love to have the possibility to find a random group for 12 PVE content. Unfortunately the group finder tool doesn't even show up this category.
Yeah most people may comlpain and say that without proper group, full gear etc. its useless etc...but I tend to disagree,
as a casual player since the beta I could access the raid 12 of raidlorn when the first wave of TESO player would reach their vet 12 rank. And we succeeded to finish Archives etc.
Since then unfortunately the general chat remains silent, players are dispatched in dlc area, cyrodill and reroll.
I think it could be nice to give the opportunity for many casuals to discover raid 12. Many casuals are now full geared, and craving for action.

Thank you for reading.

Fatty White-Claw (lvl 50+) heal trial pve
Koros Bone-Shield (lvl 50+) tank trial pve
Koros Lust (lvl 50+) dps pve, pvp
Seiri (lvl 50+) dps pve
Wildfire (lvl 50+) dps pvp
EU-PC - Playing since April 2014. (beta)
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its easy to find a pug for those trials that are easy and have some decent loot - nSO and nMoL.
    But vet versions are supposed to be non-puggable, and if theyre added in group finder tool, instant gratification players will demand a nerf on this very basis. Remember all those "Nurf vWGT, I cannot pug it!!!!!111!" threads and what happened because of them?
    So please, leave trials alone.

P.S. There are casual guilds that organize trial runs, and nothing wrong with that. But even AA requires a bit of coordination, which is not possible with group finder where you'll see nb archers queing as tanks etc.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on June 18, 2016 2:12PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Walties99
    Walties99
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that trials should continue to require coordinated groups with dedicated players. The sanctity of everything has been ruined. Flawless conquerer ruined with a glitch, monster sets purchasable without entering a dungeon, nerfs on everything that's too hard for pvp players, it needs to stop. Every mmo needs content that feels rewarding to complete, and being able to queue for this would either result in tons of calls to nerf it or wasted time. I have multiple clears of vet maw and hard mode vet SO and when we replace 1-2 people with inexperienced players it becomes difficult if not impossible. Also the queue system is broken enough and people manipulate it for their own benefit in 4 man content, you'd probably end up with 12 dps queued as tanks and healers.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like this option as well - I just wonder if it would ever actually get formed and have a chance at success. 12 people is a lot to organize. I have only actually completed one trial and it was amazing. I am not sure we could have done it without voicechat and it being an in guild activity. Still - I want to do more of them - the opportunities are rare, for me.
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Normal yes, veteran no.
  • SolarCat02
    SolarCat02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Normal yes, veteran no.

This. I would love to be able to use the battle leveling feature to run our lower level players through the Trials like nMoL. As-is, on our "Mechanics Runs" we level it down to them with the higher level DPS holding back so we can show them a few rotations of the boss mechanics.

It works, but being able to battlescale them would be more fun!

Veteran, though, you need a well-coordinated group who is very familiar with the team and mechanics and their own roles. (Hence our Mechanics Runs! :) ) These should never be in the group finder, as they should be challenging enough to be unpuggable.
    Why be normal when you can be better?

Elissandra Ravenwing, Magicka Dragonknight Healer
    Lady Kalila, Stamina Templar DPS
    Stands-in-Danger, Nightblade Saptank
    Zalarah, Stamina Dragonknight DPS
  • adamt88yep
    Dear all,

all is in the title, I would love to have the possibility to find a random group for 12 PVE content. Unfortunately the group finder tool doesn't even show up this category.
    Yeah most people may comlpain and say that without proper group, full gear etc. its useless etc...but I tend to disagree,
    as a casual player since the beta I could access the raid 12 of raidlorn when the first wave of TESO player would reach their vet 12 rank. And we succeeded to finish Archives etc.
    Since then unfortunately the general chat remains silent, players are dispatched in dlc area, cyrodill and reroll.
    I think it could be nice to give the opportunity for many casuals to discover raid 12. Many casuals are now full geared, and craving for action.

Thank you for reading.

I fully agree, I'm part of 2 fairly active guilds and still come across issues with organising and forming groups to do the trials. Whether it be time constraints or getting everyone organised at the same time - always causes an issue. I would propose even the option to auto-fill for lets say a min group of 6 looking for a group to do trails.
    Xbox One [ EU ]
    Gamertag - Adamt88yep
    Stamina Nightblade - Dark Elf - EP
    Stamina Templar - Argonian - EP
    Magicka Sorcerer - High Elf- EP
    Magicka Templar - Breton - EP
    Magicka Dragon Knight - Dark Elf - EP
    Magicka Nighblade - Breton - EP

PC [EU]
    Adamt88yep
    Magicka Templar - Breton - DC
  • ArnoTerranova
    ArnoTerranova
    ✭✭✭
    Discussion is still open,
    in fact with the arrival of newcomers, we can see now group forming in Raidelorn using pickup people,
    so why not open the access for Trials - in normal difficulty - in the grouping tool ?
    ZOS, if you hear me...

Arno

Seiri (lvl 50+) dps pve
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good idea for normal trials. Helps people discover stuff but I'm afraid that if the majority of the group doesn't know the mechanics, you wouldn't get through most trials.

But vet trials? No.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • ArnoTerranova
    ArnoTerranova
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I agree that Vet trials would not be appropriate.

Seiri (lvl 50+) dps pve
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Normal yes, Veteran go jump off a bridge.
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• pizzaow
    pizzaow
    ✭✭✭
    Just adding my support for normal activity finder groups... it makes it much more accessible and a quick way for a medium sized group to fill the last few spots. I would put the difficultly slightly above the DLC dungeons; an inexperienced group will run into trouble, but if you have one or two people to explain mechanics and people that are decent at their roles then it should be do-able.

The last few times I've tried to join a trial it involved around 20 minutes of waiting around to recruit the last couple spots, which is completely unnecessary.

XBox/NA GT: Pizzaow
  • ArnoTerranova
    ArnoTerranova
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely @pizzaow grouping tool could reduce the waiting time of group already on the go, and usually the group leader is aware of the mechanics.

Seiri (lvl 50+) dps pve
  • Project_Shimel
    Project_Shimel
    Soul Shriven
    I dont understand why they dont put it in with a disclaimer?

"12 man trials are difficult and we recommend microphone blah blah blah"

What would be the big deal?
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think normal trials could easily be done by group tool, but I wouldnt risk a veteran trial :)
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha! Could you imagine VMOL with a group finder? We would need another forum for all the rage posts. Not the worst idea for normal runs, but you couldnt pay me to do this with a vet trial.
  • SuperLarrio
    SuperLarrio
    ✭✭✭
    I could only imagine pug trials with dps queing up as tanks/healers to get in faster...thank god i never pug
    Edited by SuperLarrio on December 9, 2016 12:42AM
    "Scissors is in a good place right now but Paper is way OP"-Rock
    "Rock is in a good place right now but Scissors is way OP"-Paper
    "Paper is in a good place right now but Rock is way OP"-Scissors
  • Zabernat
    Zabernat
    ✭✭✭
    I dont understand why they dont put it in with a disclaimer?

"12 man trials are difficult and we recommend microphone blah blah blah"

What would be the big deal?

I know a lot of people who won't touch the dungeon finder because they have had such bad experiences with groups abusing their assistance, booting them before final boss, toxic players, etc. I can understand the desire for trial group finders but would not recommend them at this point in the game. There are a huge number of guilds that run them regularly as is and there are plenty of things I would rather have the ZoS team working on in-game than a trials finder that will be rarely used and spark tons of complaints and bad experiences.
    Kahjit main in the Aldmeri Dominion.
    Templar of the Knightly Orders
    Herald of Justice to all of Tamriel
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP since you play on PC/EU, try and port to these maps: Craglorn, Rawl Ka, Elden Root, Mournhold and Wayrest. People there search for pugs for normal trials on a daily base.. even late nights.
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think they already said they are working on this for normal trials. Which is good imo, as long as it is not for vet, inb4 nerfs because it can't be pugged.
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Everything should be pugable in theory. In theory, I mean, please, no nerfs. If I want to learn how to play trial I don't want to bother guild or just experienced players. They have things to do instead of teaching me trial basics. I'll better go struggle with PUGs.
  • Amp151
    Amp151
    ✭✭✭
    I agree that normal trials should be in activity finder.
    Vet on the other hand, no go.
    There hard enough with inexperienced preformed groups. I'd like it to remain that way. Gives something to work towards.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too support trials being in group finder. Maybe make max CP a requirement for Vet mode though. Other than that why not? Anyone using Groupfinder knows they might get a good group or one that's not so good. It goes with the convenience of having a group without doing any planning. I generally like this feature and have found it to be worth the trade off.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!