Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magicka Temp Tank need build advice

GCypher87
GCypher87
✭✭✭
So I was thinking about resetting my attributes and making my templar tank using magicka. I was working out the skeleton of the build I was thinking about. I'm going to put it down here for you guys to judge and form opinions of hatred and tell me it sucks. So here it is:

Skill bar 1: Tank bar S&B

Toppling Charge: Run and Stun. I like gap closers.
Restoring Focus: Major Resolve and Ward, Minor Vitality and Protection. You know, tank stuff.
Pierce Armor: Major Breach and Fracture. Taunt.
Radiant Ward: 30% damage absorb shield
Absorb Magic: 4372 Damage absorption from spells 12% of that goes to health. Block 8% additional damage and reduce block cost 8%

Ultimate - Empowering Sweep: Mostly for the reduced damage per enemy hit.

Skill Bar 2: DPS bar (for when I'm not grouped) (Does this matter?) (How many parentheses are too many?) (Hashtag () )

Force Pulse: It does damage.
Puncturing Sweep: Does damage and heals me.
Elemental Blockade: More damage?
Lingering Ritual: This one heals me.
Radiant Glory: Assassination............. that heals me

Ultimate - Solar Prison: Lots of that damage.

Armor: 5 Heavy, 1 Medium, 1 Light

Attributes: 44 Magicka, 20 Health. Willing to negotiate.

Also, I'm a casual. I'm not trying to be super competitive but I would like to be able to pull my weight in a group and perform my role.
PC: @Cyffr
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You need a ranged taunt (Inner Fire), which also has the benefit of having a magicka cost option (when morphed) if you run out of stamina. You also have no CC slotted to help manage mobs.

I suggest that you have a tank build and an open world build, not a tank bar and open world bar. This will allow you to specialized as a tank when you are in your tank gear & setup, but not gimp your damage when you are out and about in the world.
  • GCypher87
    GCypher87
    ✭✭✭
    Tanks for the help guys. I have since played around a little with the setup. I still need undaunted 3 for inner fire. But since then i have improved my setup.
    PC: @Cyffr
  • AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    Blazing shield works well if you are imperial wearing heavy armour. It's a good laugh in pvp. People trying to kill you but end up killing themselves. As long as you can get your health high while maintaining a decent mag pool and great regen you are right. For pve it can work and use inner fire for taunt. I rarely pvp tho so can't help on that front.
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    You need a ranged taunt (Inner Fire), which also has the benefit of having a magicka cost option (when morphed) if you run out of stamina. You also have no CC slotted to help manage mobs.

I suggest that you have a tank build and an open world build, not a tank bar and open world bar. This will allow you to specialized as a tank when you are in your tank gear & setup, but not gimp your damage when you are out and about in the world.

I second this advice.
    You should have two separate roles (tank and dd) that can easily be switched back and forth using the Dressing Room addon. Provided you are on PC ofc.

I tank and dd on all classes, and always allocate all my attributes to either magicka or stamina.
    I gain sufficient health through enchantments when in tanking gear. Always have healthy jewelry for tanking.

Since Templars lack innate Crowd Control skills, I highly recommend Bahraha 5 piece set for tanking. Provides snare, great self healing and free damage that tanks usually cannot match with damaging abilites.
    (Pssst... you should not be focused on casting damaging skills while tanking)
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<