The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Molag Bal quest bugged...fight won't initiate. (WTF?)

• CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have this too. Another member suggested to leave into cyrodill campaign which I did then traveled back to harborage and ran the whole thing again but got stuck again after running the map in front of him. It seems to be something wrong with the pull thing he does. It's not being triggered properly for me.
  • CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    This was reported on the 13th so on the 20th still not workaround from zos? Shameful
  • ForfiniteStories
    ForfiniteStories
    ✭✭✭
    Tipsy wrote: »
    But this evening i've found a way around it & since so many seems to have this issue I thought it was best to stop by on the forum for once and share how to bypass this very annoying bug.
    So here is what I did:
    -Relog when I noticed the floating bug was still present
    -Jump past the point where the effect is supposed to happen (when you hear Molag Ball repeat 'you are less than nothing' you're good)
    - I ran to the left side and jumped on the wall in front of the platform where Molag Bal stands
    Then the animation happened again but it was still very weird and I didn't end up in his hand.
    Yet it triggered the fight ,so I was able to finish it.

When I was stuck in mid-air, I followed the advice given by another member in another topic and teleported to my pvp campaign in order to escape, using the wayshrine there to make my way back to Coldharbor. I then proceed to follow your advice by jumping (walking also seemed to work) past the point in which you'd be suspended. Molag Bal began to speak but he didn't permanently lift me. I took advantage of this and entered the area where we were supposed to fight. The fight didn't start the two times I tried this, and twice I got suspended making my way back to the stairs to try to trigger the fight. The third time I entered the area, I walked around the left side of the fighting area and toward the platform on which he stood. He didn't actually lift me, but all the other mechanics associated with this part of the quest triggered, as if he had lifted me. Perhaps just simply walking straight toward his platform instead of going around the edge of the fighting arena will work as well.

I was then able to fight and defeat him, as well as complete the quest. Thank you for your suggestion. I took a couple of screenshots to show others of my success and to let them know that this may work for them too.

jOk8tgW.jpg
    TIy43KV.jpg

Edited by ForfiniteStories on June 20, 2016 6:21AM
  • Kodger
    Kodger
    ✭✭
    Supposed to be fixed in today's patch. "We shall see" said the blind man as he picked up a hammer and saw.

Quests & Zones
    Coldharbour

Heart’s Grief: God of Schemes: Fixed an issue with this quest that could result in your character not being lifted off the ground, or becoming stuck in Molag Bal’s hand.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/273349/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-4-8#latest

• SaraRose
    SaraRose
    ✭✭
    can anyone confirm it's 100% working now?
  • gobiasthegreat
    gobiasthegreat
    Soul Shriven
    Patch worked for me.. Walked right up and the fight initiated like it should.
  • Kodger
    Kodger
    ✭✭
    SaraRose wrote: »
    can anyone confirm it's 100% working now?
    Patch worked for me.. Walked right up and the fight initiated like it should.

Worked for me as well.
    Finally got it done. Now I can move on to bigger and better things.

Edited by Kodger on June 20, 2016 3:48PM
  • nick59349b14_ESO
    nick59349b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I had a new character make it to level 50 and the GOS quest won't que? I've done it several times with previous characters but after the CP update it's not working. Am I missing something?
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a new character make it to level 50 and the GOS quest won't que? I've done it several times with previous characters but after the CP update it's not working. Am I missing something?
    @nick59349b14_ESO Have you completed The Final Assault in Coldharbour, and The Council of the Five Companions? Both of those are prerequisites to God of Schemes.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • nick59349b14_ESO
    nick59349b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    @nick59349b14_ESO Have you completed The Final Assault in Coldharbour, and The Council of the Five Companions? Both of those are prerequisites to God of Schemes.

Ya I finally figured out I have to do the Cold Harbor quests unfortunately. I hate Cold Harbor, it's dark and depressing! Thanks for the input though.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tipsy wrote: »
    Hello there fellow seekers of adventure.
    This night I had the same issue as described here;floating mid air ,the last bossfight not initiating.

But this evening i've found a way around it & since so many seems to have this issue I thought it was best to stop by on the forum for once and share how to bypass this very annoying bug.
    So here is what I did:
    -Relog when I noticed the floating bug was still present
    -Jump past the point where the effect is supposed to happen (when you hear Molag Ball repeat 'you are less than nothing' you're good)
    - I ran to the left side and jumped on the wall in front of the platform where Molag Bal stands
    Then the animation happened again but it was still very weird and I didn't end up in his hand.
    Yet it triggered the fight ,so I was able to finish it.

this works, but as you say it's very strange and broken.

just letting everyone know this is still a feature in may 2019.

enjoy!
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem happening to me and my bf today. First Molag Bal grabbed us normaly, but then when we used the synergy he dropped us and we died. That made Molag Bal completely dissapear, had to go bit back to make him pop back again, in which case the animation didnt happen, he was just standing doing nothing. Had to go completely left behind pillar to trigger the sequence. Which actually made me just stand on spot doing the animation and Bal holding nothing in his hand. Then the fight triggered, I was taking 0 damage from him, absolutely 0. The animation of executing him with dawnbreaker was bugged also, my character was standing still, couldnt move and there was just dawnbreaker doing animations in the air. Then I got ported without any other animation to Meridia.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • aus_craggle
    aus_craggle
    Soul Shriven
    This bug happened to me for the first time today May 3rd 2020. I have 5 lvl 50 toons and none of them ever had a problem with this...WTF... I get the cut scene of floating up to get snatched and then hit x to shoot Molag Ball to pieces, then stand there in mid air. If I move I fall and die.
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This bugged out for me a couple of weeks ago, too.

@aus_craggle I find if you let yourself die from falling and then run back through the final gate back into the fight zone, it works. Janky work around, but helped me get unstuck!