Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Sell legendary tempers for tel var

LiquidSchwartz
LiquidSchwartz
✭✭✭✭✭
Would make IC a must have dlc for anyone interested in end game and make more use of cyrodiil
May the Schwartz be with you.
EP/XB1/NA

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't think tempers should ever be sold via NPC's. They're one of the few things in the game retaining any real value because there is a level of effort in farming them.

There are plenty of options for turning AP or TVS into gold to then buy tempers from others if a player doesn't want to farm them themselves.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I personally don't think tempers should ever be sold via NPC's. They're one of the few things in the game retaining any real value because there is a level of effort in farming them.

There are plenty of options for turning AP or TVS into gold to then buy tempers from others if a player doesn't want to farm them themselves.

Its stupid that it costs 80k per piece of armor with heavy to make it gold
    Thats rediculous
    EP/XB1/NA

Options
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thats rediculous

There has to be something to work towards, the endgame meta can't be so easy to obtain that anyone can do it with little effort. No support. You want to be geared with the best? Work for it.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on June 13, 2016 4:37PM
    Options
  • Rva_Kun
    Rva_Kun
    ✭✭✭
    I get legendary tempers so easily so it's gg.
    Actions Speak Louder Than Words.
    Fear Over The Internet = Priceless.
    Correcting Ego's Since 03'
    NA > EU

Options
  • cdobratz
    cdobratz
    ✭✭✭
    Makes dlc useful, just make the cost enough to equal out time to farm by other means (gathering 100 mats = 1 gold temper more or less)
    Would give changes 13/10. Let the QQ commence.
    NA-PC
    Calamity Ganon - DC Magic Sorc
    Escape Velocity - DC Stam NB
    Bears Beets Battlestár - DC Stamplar
    Bears Beets Battlestar - DC Stam DK
    Dr. John Dorian - DC Magic DK
    Kojima's Revenge - EP Magic Sorc
    dafack - AD Magic NB
    Options
  • SickDuck
    SickDuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats rediculous

One can always farm... With the exception of v160 weapons the difference between purple and legendary is marginal so if you don't have the mats/money it does not really matter unless going for leaderboard top place or world record trial runs.
    Holdviola - Khira'de Regalo - Lélekvadász - Used To Be An Adventurer - Zetor - Does-Not-Give-A-Duck - Lord Sugar - Tenar Arha - Da'rinka - Violent Moon - Extreme Runner
    Options
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, but the current level of effort is so high, that most people can't effort to equip with golden gear.
    Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Thats rediculous

Well tough luck if you're too lazy to farm and do writs.
    And no, it would ruin IC completely because then the real zerging would start down there. More than now.
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »

Thats rediculous

Well tough luck if you're too lazy to farm and do writs.
    And no, it would ruin IC completely because then the real zerging would start down there. More than now.
    I spend hours in there every day
    The zerging is already there
    I do writs and farm every morning for 2 hours
    Its just greuling
    EP/XB1/NA

Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I understand the cost and time investments can be hard for golden gear but isn't that the point of it. You work towards gaining that perfect gear and because of the ability to sell AP/TVS items you can get the gold needed to upgrade without farming for it yourself.

There are a lot of items PvE players want which they're not willing to go into IC or Cyrodiil for themselves. The Polymorph boxes on PC EU at least are selling for enough gold to buy plenty of tempers. You can also spend times waiting to enter Cyoriil if you play on a heavily populated campaign just running around farming nodes.

I understand why people want better access to the materials but I don't think adding items previously not available from an NPC to their stores is a good idea for the trading aspect of the game or the crafting one.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Rva_Kun
    Rva_Kun
    ✭✭✭
    Making 40-50 dreugh wax per day, 20-30 alloy, etc tis a good lyfe
    NA > EU

Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there's nothing inherently wrong with providing another option to get the upgrade material, or any item in the game. We've recently seen this in the addition of a merchant in Cyrodiil that has various/random dungeon-drop items for sale on a weekend.

I also like the idea of TV Stones having more uses. Of course it's all about balance: one way of getting the upgrade materials should not be clearly easier for the entire population than the other.
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rev Rielle wrote: »
    I think there's nothing inherently wrong with providing another option to get the upgrade material, or any item in the game. We've recently seen this in the addition of a merchant in Cyrodiil that has various/random dungeon-drop items for sale on a weekend.

I also like the idea of TV Stones having more uses. Of course it's all about balance: one way of getting the upgrade materials should not be clearly easier for the entire population than the other.
    Good point
    I just was thinkin of an idea
    EP/XB1/NA

Options
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be fine with it also, as long as the effort/time was somewhat equivalent to the effort/time of doing writs and farming materials.

Getting gold everything is something that is not necessary since the actual difference in stats (aside from weapons) is almost not noticeable. The real purpose of gold tempers is to keep people playing the game and have something to work towards without it being a huge power gap from purple to gold.
    Options
  • TieFighter
    TieFighter
    ✭✭✭
    the whole reason people are buying stacks of raw mats are the chances at gold tempers, please dont sell gold tempers at any npc. this set up allows new players to make some decent money, who dont have max refinement yet.
    Da'Hui DC imperial mage dragonknight(retired but retained)
    Hand Saryn Valor EP dunmer templar(mage/healer)
    Pergan Asuul AD dunmer dragonknight(dps firemage)
    Mi'Mosa EP imperial nightblade(stamina)
    Limu'Kai EP Sahxleel dragonknight(vampire mage)
    Options
  • Zenetrax
    Zenetrax
    ✭✭✭

There has to be something to work towards, the endgame meta can't be so easy to obtain that anyone can do it with little effort. No support. You want to be geared with the best? Work for it.

Farming Telvar or AP is not effortless. We actually WORK for whatever we gain from Cyrodiil, IC, or IC Sewers :P I do believe that this should be an option for people that goes into the PVP zone a lot. Put like 20k AP per Tempering Alloy, 15k per Dreugh Wax, 10k per Rosin but as for Telvar I don't know how to put it maybe like 1k per Alloy, 800 per Wax, and 600 per Rosin. These price ranges seems reasonable I believe. Could increase the prices if you want us to WORK HARDER for it. :smiley:
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OP wants to "work for it" by killing mobs and players in IC. Does your only definition of work mean node farming?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • TieFighter
    TieFighter
    ✭✭✭

OP wants to "work for it" by killing mobs and players in IC. Does your only definition of work mean node farming?

well you would have to have max refinment as well, this should be the only way to get the best tempers in the game imo- dont take jerbs away from new people. all we need is a bunch of gold tempered decked out toons like myself in ICS and have the ones that dont yet cry and complain about how they cant farm any tv because everyone else in making it difficult because now everyone is in ICS trying to farm tempers and a good number of them is already decked out.
    Da'Hui DC imperial mage dragonknight(retired but retained)
    Hand Saryn Valor EP dunmer templar(mage/healer)
    Pergan Asuul AD dunmer dragonknight(dps firemage)
    Mi'Mosa EP imperial nightblade(stamina)
    Limu'Kai EP Sahxleel dragonknight(vampire mage)
    Options
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

OP also stated that the current method cost way too much, which is another way of saying there's too much effort needed. He's not looking for some balanced way to get tempers, which SHOULD be kept out of the TV store imo, he's looking for a shortcut.

Thats rediculous

That one statement shows the whole intent behind the argument, and question.
    Edited by Judas Helviaryn on June 13, 2016 2:07PM
    Options
  • Zenetrax
    Zenetrax
    ✭✭✭

OP also stated that the current method cost way too much, which is another way of saying there's too much effort needed. He's not looking for some balanced way to get tempers, which SHOULD be kept out of the TV store imo, he's looking for a shortcut.

I don't see how putting it available for purchase in the Telvar merchant is a "shortcut" to getting the materials. Nobody just stands there not taking any precautions or being careful and gets all the Telvar he needs.
    Options
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nerf crafting more...and max crafters income and abilities to procure items for others....

No thank you....
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
    Options
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zenetrax wrote: »

I don't see how putting it available for purchase in the Telvar merchant is a "shortcut" to getting the materials. Nobody just stands there not taking any precautions or being careful and gets all the Telvar he needs.

Read my entire post, it will give you the context you need.
    Options
  • Zenetrax
    Zenetrax
    ✭✭✭

Can't seem to get your point.
    Options
  • Rva_Kun
    Rva_Kun
    ✭✭✭
    Troneon wrote: »
    Nerf crafting more...and max crafters income and abilities to procure items for others....

No thank you....
    "and max crafters income and abilities to procure items for others...." but I like making 900k in 2-3 days.
    NA > EU

Options
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the cost for Tempers is a good amount of TV, I think it would be fair. It would definitely bring in a large influx of players into IC, that's for sure.

The price should be set pretty high too, like 20k TV for one temper. Expensive, yes, but worth it.
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
    Options
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Okay, what someone says and what he means can be two very different things. To get a proper bearing on the discussion, you need to understand his words, as well as where he comes from with them. Context. Putting tempers in the TV store at a balanced price alone isn't the issue, even if I am opposed to it. Those are the words. OP went on to complain about tempers being too expensive/ hard to get. That gives you his true motive behind the words. He says one thing, means the other. I prefer to argue the deeper meaning, rather than the superficial words. It cuts to the meat of the problem a lot faster.

The OP, by his own words, is after putting tempers in the TV store for an unspecified price, and by complaining about their availability, leads me to infer he's not looking for balance, he's looking for a shortcut.
    Options
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Options
  • Zenetrax
    Zenetrax
    ✭✭✭

Okay, what someone says and what he means can be two very different things. To get a proper bearing on the discussion, you need to understand his words, as well as where he comes from with them. Context. Putting tempers in the TV store at a balanced price alone isn't the issue, even if I am opposed to it. Those are the words. OP went on to complain about tempers being too expensive/ hard to get. That gives you his true motive behind the words. He says one thing, means the other. I prefer to argue the deeper meaning, rather than the superficial words. It cuts to the meat of the problem a lot faster.

The OP, by his own words, is after putting tempers in the TV store for an unspecified price, and by complaining about their availability, leads me to infer he's not looking for balance, he's looking for a shortcut.

I'll get to it. What I understood is that you're saying that he's lazy so he wants an easier way (for him) to get the tempers so you don't agree with it? If what I understood is correct, he is proposing it through Telvar because in my way of thinking he has already farmed the Telvar stones, well-earned stones, because he actually worked for it.
    Options
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'll get to it. What I understood is that you're saying that he's lazy so he wants an easier way (for him) to get the tempers so you don't agree with it? If what I understood is correct, he is proposing it through Telvar because in my way of thinking he has already farmed the Telvar stones, well-earned stones, because he actually worked for it.

If you believe something is too expensive to justify purchasing in one currency, why would you argue for a balanced equivalent in another currency? Too expensive is too expensive. If the OP had enough TV to purchase it in said balanced changes, why not simply convert the TV to gold through selling TV goods for gold to other players? The option you propose is already there.
    Options
  • Rumba1
    Rumba1
    ✭✭✭
    The major difference between "earning" TV stones and farming mats is that you receive no experience points or skill increase through farming.

Hence if you could farm TV stones and get tempers you would also be getting something that material farmers are forgoing in order to obtain rare materials. This reason alone is sufficient to quash this idea.

If, on the other hand, they made the TV stones obtainable in the PVE zones, so that you could obtain tempers either way then we might be able to talk.

Until then no.
    Options