Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting Writ Enchanting Surveys no longer drop Kuta?

Glory
Glory
Class Representative
Hi all,
I have been hoarding enchanting writ surveys and decided today was the day to finally travel and use them all. What I found was that after collecting 30 or so survey's worth of enchanting nodes, I received NO Kuta. Has anyone else noticed this change? Or am I seriously this unlucky?

Please note that I do not mean the writ bags themselves, but the surveys you receive. Since the only surveys that drop different improvement tiers is enchanting, it is the only one that would experience this change.
mDK will rise again.
Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • YardieGamer
    I would really like to know this as well because I've been hoarding my writs waiting for DB to drop on console.
  • AugustoCP
    AugustoCP
    ✭✭✭
    The drop rate for Kuta from survey nodes is presumably the same as the one from regular nodes. It's not really that hrd to believe you were just unlucky, Kutas are pretty rare. I've been playing for 3 months and only found 7, most of them in Writ Boxes.
  • VodkaVixen1979
    VodkaVixen1979
    ✭✭✭
    I had a kuta drop from an enchanting survey yesterday. It was my first ever from a survey after nine months of doing writs in this game. It happens, just not often...found more randomly in the wild, but I also do a LOT of mat farming.
  • SantaOrc
    SantaOrc
    ✭✭✭
    While you didn't get any Kutas, did you get a potency stones? I didn't get any from surveys so far.
  • Rva_Kun
    Rva_Kun
    ✭✭✭
    Average about 20 or so Kuta a day with good luck. :blush:
    Actions Speak Louder Than Words.
    Fear Over The Internet = Priceless.
    Correcting Ego's Since 03'
    NA > EU

• GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100+ surveys saved for DB release:
    3 Kutas (they no longer drop guaranteed as double Kuta)
    0 potency runes

Plus a hell lot of essence runes and lower aspect runes.

Reported it in game and hope other people report it too.
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I just did about 10 enchanting surveys yesterday and no Kuta for me either.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I got some on my last survey sometime last week, on PS4.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know after 1 year + playing I have received 0 kutas from writs (but I rarely do them so it's not an omg thing)

And 2 from the nodes (this one is an Omg for me as I hit every aspect rune node i ever see)

Kutas are the one resource item I will have no problem buying. I KNOW I can farm enough to get any other end game temper thing, but I cannot do the same with kutas.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    I got two kutas from my level 17 enchant alt (dual aspect node dropped two) who must do her surveys in the rift even though 50 enchant with all enchant skills maxed because she isnt vr level. I feel like this games RNG doesnt really come into effect until after your first couple writs/surveys because I got 3 kutas from my first 10 writ reward boxes and now Im 20-30ish dry so about a month of disciplined daily writs and none.

Also, Ive always done surveys as soon as I get them because I didnt know you could save them up and get more whilst you already have one. Can OP or anyone else confirm this is the case that you can obtain multiple writs on the same character(for the same craft skill ofc)
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have gotten kutas from handing in writs. i dont believe i have ever gotten one from a survey.

but -- typically i get three a week from handing in writs and thats just on one character.

i have only found two out in the wild in the last few months and both were with my low level character.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gil.Galad wrote: »
    100+ surveys saved for DB release:
    3 Kutas (they no longer drop guaranteed as double Kuta)
    0 potency runes

Plus a hell lot of essence runes and lower aspect runes.

Reported it in game and hope other people report it too.

Frankly, I'm more concerned that out of 100+ surveys, you didn't get a single potency rune. I didn't get one either yesterday, but I only had two surveys. But a 100+ with no potency? Makes me suspect that they aren't coded to drop at all from surveys, which is extremely disappointing, as my ratio for potencies from standard nodes last night was much less than "one third of the time." That's likely due to players leaving behind the essences/tas and just taking the potency, which just makes things worse if we can't get them from surveys.

Back on topic, I have very rarely received Kuta from surveys. I more reliably get them from the writ containers and just out in the wild. Doubt I'll see that many in the wild now, since presumably, players will also take any Kutas and leave behind the essence.
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always averaged between 15 - 25 enchanting surveys to 1 kuta and usually on the high side more then the low side.

I have a very small sample size but I find the drop rate for gold anything in the game somewhere between 4.2 and 5.8 %.

The biggest sample size I had was refining 8k of the same material and the gold temper rate was 5.2%.

It's held steady like that across about four tests for me now.

Haven't done test since DB dropped on PS4.
  • Daniel_NZ
    Daniel_NZ
    Just did a single enchanting writ today, first since DB released on PS4, and got a Kuta. Thanks RNGesus

Edit: Just did another one (on my only character) after the writs had reset from earlier, and BAM another Kuta. I had to log back on to the forums just to let you know. I think its just bad luck on your end sorry bud.
    Edited by Daniel_NZ on June 17, 2016 12:18PM
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all,
    I have been hoarding enchanting writ surveys and decided today was the day to finally travel and use them all. What I found was that after collecting 30 or so survey's worth of enchanting nodes, I received NO Kuta. Has anyone else noticed this change? Or am I seriously this unlucky?

Please note that I do not mean the writ bags themselves, but the surveys you receive. Since the only surveys that drop different improvement tiers is enchanting, it is the only one that would experience this change.

before yesterday i hadnt gotten a kuta in a survey since the game first came out. -- i have found two in the wild in the last few months, and yesterday i actually got one in a survey. i almost cried.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Serenityx wrote: »
    Also, Ive always done surveys as soon as I get them because I didnt know you could save them up and get more whilst you already have one. Can OP or anyone else confirm this is the case that you can obtain multiple writs on the same character(for the same craft skill ofc)

@Serenityx

You can't have more than one of the same survey in your inventory at the same time, but you can have duplicate surveys stored in their reward containers. That's normally what happens when you open a container with a survey that you already have in your inventory - it'll tell you that it can't take the survey out, and it'll just sit there in the container until you use the first survey and then take out the second one.

It's relatively convenient to stash surveys (in their containers) until you have a bunch, then go out to the survey spot and cash them all in one after another. You just have to move away a little when you take out the next survey so that the stuff will spawn when you go back.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • leandro.800ub17_ESO
    leandro.800ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Each 20 or so runes that i farm get me a kuta just to farm