The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Should I stop with Sorcerer before I even really begin?

• WhiteNoiseMaker
    WhiteNoiseMaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most of the Sorc complaints are from endgame DPS numbers-chasers. I play a Sorc Healer and she does fine in most dungeon content. There's a few end bosses where her healing pet dies a lot, but that's partially because I haven't quite adjusted for those particular situations yet. PVPers have some legitimacy in their complaints, because the Sorc was previously a god class and now is feeling the pains of being mortal-squishy due to being overly nerfed in that department.

I'd say if you are interested in pew-pew/blasty sorcerors, you might do fine til the very-upper endgame like Trials, where people obsessively crunch numbers. Solo-play will be a cakewalk for you. Most dungeons will be just fine.
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the Sorc complaints are from endgame DPS numbers-chasers. I play a Sorc Healer and she does fine in most dungeon content. There's a few end bosses where her healing pet dies a lot, but that's partially because I haven't quite adjusted for those particular situations yet. PVPers have some legitimacy in their complaints, because the Sorc was previously a god class and now is feeling the pains of being mortal-squishy due to being overly nerfed in that department.

I'd say if you are interested in pew-pew/blasty sorcerors, you might do fine til the very-upper endgame like Trials, where people obsessively crunch numbers. Solo-play will be a cakewalk for you. Most dungeons will be just fine.

The point is, he is just starting leveling a character... Why would anyone recommend he levels a sorcerer when in many late game scenarios they are 'ok' at best?

If he wants to do Magicka DPS or Heal he is far better leveling a Templar.
    If he wants to do Stamina DPS or Tank he is far better leveling a DK
    If he wants to PvP, he is far better leveling a Nightblade.

That is the advise I would want as a new player.
    Options
  • Rev Rielle
    Rev Rielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GawdSB wrote: »
    I've been playing for about 3-4 days now as a Sorcerer, which is currently my first and only class. I've been reading the forum lately and it looks like they class is pretty useless and I rather not waste my time on it if so. Does anybody know if there are plans to change the class at all?

Well what goes around comes around. One thing is certain; sorcerers will have their day where they're the most sort after class again. Just when that happens...

If you're having fun playing them, that's really what's most important.
    Edited by Rev Rielle on June 11, 2016 12:03AM
    If you can be anything, be kind.
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »

The point is, he is just starting leveling a character... Why would anyone recommend he levels a sorcerer when in many late game scenarios they are 'ok' at best?

If he wants to do Magicka DPS or Heal he is far better leveling a Templar.
    If he wants to do Stamina DPS or Tank he is far better leveling a DK
    If he wants to PvP, he is far better leveling a Nightblade.

That is the advise I would want as a new player.

Because in 3 months or less we might see some new changes to the class. If things are soooo bad ZOS wont leave it that way forever.

All of this is over the top and Id be willing to bet my next ESO Plus that by this time next month most of those stomping their feet over the changes will have quieted down.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to play as a Sorc, play as one. I still have great fun on mine.

The doom and gloom around here can get a bit drama queen levels.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been playing for about 3-4 days now as a Sorcerer, which is currently my first and only class. I've been reading the forum lately and it looks like they class is pretty useless and I rather not waste my time on it if so. Does anybody know if there are plans to change the class at all?

Honestly, Sorcs are still one of the most powerful classes in the game. The last round of nerfs hurt their survavibility, but it's still a very strong pick, depending on your playstyle.
    Options
  • Rawst
    Rawst
    ✭✭✭
    Well, pre-DB my (only) sorc was V2, completed the main story with her but her main purpose was to become my master crafter, which she did even before completing the Harborage quests.
    With DB she is max level now, thanks to the CP gained on my main magplar, and I started to actively do dungeons and PVP with her. I actually like the mag sorc, but it could be because I haven't played it that much before.
    Beasts in amber! Wake and remember!
    Options
  • Anzriel
    Anzriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs might need some tweaking, but they aren't useless:

youtube.com/watch?v=gTcprvIFDcI

So if you're enjoying sorcerer, feel free to keep playing it. If you feel the need to min-max then feel free to re-roll depending on what you want to do. Now that vet ranks are gone it's faster to level alts anyway.
    Options
  • GawdSB
    GawdSB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »

Keep on playing with Sorcerer, and if you like it, there is no need to stop. Only switch classes if you'd rather play a different class. Whatever class you find most fun is what you should play!

Currently Sorcerers face certain issues but only in pure endgame and higher level PvP. If you are new to the game, it will be a long time before this ever matters to you.

ZOS is bound to overhaul the Sorcerer class as a whole by the 3rd Quarter DLC, so by the time you get to this point, it will never have effected you anyway. Not guaranteed, but I expect them to based on lots of different reasons :)

As a follow up, do you plan on focusing more on Stamina and weapon abilities, or Magicka and class abilities? It is mostly the Magicka-based Sorcerer changes which have sparked the current forum class balance uproar.

Well right now I'm more magicka abilities, mostly because I'm trying to up the summoning for the daedra armor use. But, I'm also a lot of destruction staff as well, I don't really know what weapons besides staffs are fit for Sorcerers. I've been doing some research on it but the stuff I find isn't really applicable to my character as I'm pretty new and j just reached lvl 16 today.

Edited by GawdSB on June 11, 2016 12:44AM
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doncellius wrote: »

Keep on playing with Sorcerer, and if you like it, there is no need to stop. Only switch classes if you'd rather play a different class. Whatever class you find most fun is what you should play!

Currently Sorcerers face certain issues but only in pure endgame and higher level PvP. If you are new to the game, it will be a long time before this ever matters to you.

ZOS is bound to overhaul the Sorcerer class as a whole by the 3rd Quarter DLC, so by the time you get to this point, it will never have effected you anyway. Not guaranteed, but I expect them to based on lots of different reasons :)

As a follow up, do you plan on focusing more on Stamina and weapon abilities, or Magicka and class abilities? It is mostly the Magicka-based Sorcerer changes which have sparked the current forum class balance uproar.

Well right now I'm more magicka abilities, mostly because I'm trying to up the summoning for the daedra armor use. But, I'm also a lot of destruction staff as well, I don't really know what weapons besides staffs are fit for Sorcerers. I've been doing some research on it but the stuff I find isn't really applicable to my character as I'm pretty new and j just reached lvl 16 today.

Besides Destruction Staff, you can use a Restoration Staff for a bunch of self heals and extra utility.

You can also Dual Wield 2 swords (Swords only) by putting 2 points in the last passive Twin Blade and Blunt. This will boost your Spell Damage by quite a bit. You don't need any Dual Wield skills or any of the other passives, just put a bunch of buffs, shields or your execute on your DW bar for that extra oomph :p

For PvE: go Destruction Staff + Dual Wield Swords
    For PvP or Solo Play: Destruction Staff + Restoration Staff
    Edited by Tryxus on June 11, 2016 12:51AM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GawdSB Long answer no, the class is basically pigeon holed into using shields to survive which have had the duration drastically broken and if you want to function as a DPS you will be forced into a specific build on top of toggles that that have to be on both weapon slots to remain active.

The current DPS rotation for Sorcerer is Overload 1000 where you sit there and press left click over and over only stopping to go back and build ultimate.

It does give you big numbers though, but overall if there is another class you want to play your better off with them because I don't see any positive changes for Sorcerers coming anytime soon with the way these past patches have handled it.

Quite frankly other classes have better customization and fun abilities that are rewarding then the sorcerer class.

One key thing you will find is that you must have clanfear for soloing because you don't have a great class heal and will be tied to the destruction staff and healing staff for actual healing and DPS and remain to remain competitive.

There is just a lack of diversity and boredom when playing sorcerers.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Play the sorc if you like the play style. Personally I love it, so I have no complaints about build diversity - except that it's not attractive to a lot of other people. And I DO want other people to play this class and enjoy it.

If you like staves (destro and restoration)
    If you like using damage shields (empowered ward is still great for PVE)
    If you like pets (The divines help you)
    If you like 5/1/1 light/med/heavy armor.

PVP is the only area we lack, and then you can still have fun if you hide in the middle of a Zerg group, and avoid being focused. Most of us dislike that playstyle because you can't take any of the current 'alpha' classes solo.
    Options
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why people overthink this. You have eight character slots to start out. Just make:

- magplar
    - stamplar
    - magsorc
    - stamsorc
    - mag DK
    - stam DK
    - magblade
    - stamblade

If you're greedy, you can get 4 more character slots from the crown store. But everyone has enough slots that they could have all possible builds and then just switch out to whatever one is the most OP with each new patch. It's not rocket science, friends!
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
    Options
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are not the only builds - mine are none of the above, all 8 are different from that - it just depends on what you want to play. I play, what I like to play, and I give a damn about if that is competitive or not, I want to enjoy the game and have fun, and I would not have this fun with a standard-meta-build like others have it as well. There are plenty of options to customize your character skill and attribute wise - it does not have to be one of the 8 standard-meta-combinations.

So my suggestion to the OP is - play what you feel most comfortable with and what seems to be fun gameplay to you.
    Edited by Lysette on June 11, 2016 2:27AM
    Options
  • WhiteNoiseMaker
    WhiteNoiseMaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Digiman wrote: »
    One key thing you will find is that you must have clanfear for soloing because you don't have a great class heal and will be tied to the destruction staff and healing staff for actual healing and DPS and remain to remain competitive.

There is just a lack of diversity and boredom when playing sorcerers.

I'm going to come right and say the above poster is wrong.

The Clanfear is a suboptimal choice for soloing because its heal isn't even needed. Both summons will 'tank' for you, and the Volatile Familiar morph is a much better choice for solo-play than the Clanfear because it's survivability is on a par with the Clanfear's while it does much more damage and has a damage-pulse/stun that aids in clearing adds rapidly. It's also smaller and tends not to block sight-lines as much as the Clanfear. For added effectiveness, add in the Deadric Prey power (morphed from Curse) and watch your DPS skyrocket. Eventually you can get the Twilight Matriarch out at the same time as your first summons, and that too will contribute higher DPS while healing yourself (and allies). Finally, get Empowered Ward (yes, over Hardened Ward) and that will greatly assist in Dungeon survivability while having a longer duration than most shields.
    Options
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    acw37162 wrote: »
    A whole group of people recently lost the ability;

Wearing 5 - 7 light pieces of armor while tanking better then a player in 7 Heavy.

Do a very nice amount of damage while wearing two to three shields that scaled of max magica which meant sorcs could run around with 12 - 15 K health with an effective health pool 25 - 35 K depending on build, stats, and champion points.

The shield up times were reduced so keeping a six second shield would significantly drain your resources and hamper ability to time burst combos while taking little to no damage.

In short not quite god like but very close and in the hands of a good to great player was next to impossible to kill and could do all sorts of interesting things.

Sorcs are neither worthless nor broken like every class in the game they could prob use a tweetk here or there but are extremely enjoyable if you like the play style.

A rather large amount of people enjoyed the shield stacking, frag out, overload, mines, and streak for the win play style and are extremely upset they can't do exactly what they used to go and get the same result. Because there are so many people yelling one would think it gives weight to an argument that has very little.

In short play a sorc if you want they are not the Demi gods of yesterday but they are not broken either.

No, they are not broken, they are just plain boring with no role in which they are not outshone by the other classes. Don't recommend a new player to keep leveling a class with an uncertain future just because you think the class is fine. Unless you've seriously played a sorcerer you shouldn't be giving your opinion here.

I qualified it with if he likes he it play it. And it's a free country and somewhat free forum, so my opinions are mine to give as I choose and to be refuted by you, if you choose.

At least we do agree they are not broken.
    Valrien wrote: »

Wearing 5 - 7 light pieces of armor while tanking better then a player in 7 Heavy.

Do a very nice amount of damage while wearing two to three shields that scaled of max magica which meant sorcs could run around with 12 - 15 K health with an effective health pool 25 - 35 K depending on build, stats, and champion points.

The shield up times were reduced so keeping a six second shield would significantly drain your resources and hamper ability to time burst combos while taking little to no damage.

In short not quite god like but very close and in the hands of a good to great player was next to impossible to kill and could do all sorts of interesting things.

Sorcs are neither worthless nor broken like every class in the game they could prob use a tweetk here or there but are extremely enjoyable if you like the play style.

A rather large amount of people enjoyed the shield stacking, frag out, overload, mines, and streak for the win play style and are extremely upset they can't do exactly what they used to go and get the same result. Because there are so many people yelling one would think it gives weight to an argument that has very little.

In short play a sorc if you want they are not the Demi gods of yesterday but they are not broken either.

One would think that someone who doesn't play Sorc shouldn't be giving their opinions on a Sorc thread. So what do you play, buddy...Nightblade?

If the one would think is a kajiit play, well done, if it was a attempt at clever, epic fail.

I have 2 of each class since you asked, buddddddyyyyy

If you really have leveled a sorcerer you will know that while leveling the class is fine and is actually fun to play with. The problem starts when you get to late game and you have to shoehorn your character into a rigid build composed by your least fun abilities because most the abilities you came to like on your character are actually useless.

I have leveled 2, and I even specifically said it could use some tweaks like each class could.

I don't pretend to know what the OP enjoys or does not or what you enjoy o do not, I know if you enjoy the play sorcs can be and are quite fun.

Meta builds are cookie cutter on this we again, agree.

No, they are not broken, they are just plain boring with no role in which they are not outshone by the other classes. Don't recommend a new player to keep leveling a class with an uncertain future just because you think the class is fine. Unless you've seriously played a sorcerer you shouldn't be giving your opinion here.

I qualified it with if he likes he it play it. And it's a free country and somewhat free forum, so my opinions are mine to give as I choose and to be refuted by you, if you choose.

At least we do agree they are not broken.

One would think that someone who doesn't play Sorc shouldn't be giving their opinions on a Sorc thread. So what do you play, buddy...Nightblade?

If the one would think is a kajiit play, well done, if it was a attempt at clever, epic fail.

I have 2 of each class since you asked, buddddddyyyyy

For someone who has 2 of each class, you have a rather limited view of Sorcerers. Try playing it for more than 2 hours total.

Did I insult you personally? Or make some great offense against the universe because I my position on sorc play is different then yours?

And in just a basic technical level it's more then 2 hours of gameplay to level just one sorc let alone two, again epic fail.

Options
  • Khajiit_Ri
    Khajiit_Ri
    ✭✭✭
    To the OP, yes the sorcs took a well deserved hit, but anyone with a good set up and able to evolve with the new meta won't have a problem at all. This is comin from someone who runs a sorc build and also runs with a group of sorcs. Anyone saying otherwise are salty plain and simple bc they feel like their build was given the short end of the stick. When in reality it was made more balanced with the other classes. I also play PVE and PVP. as always you win some and lose some, but the one constant that remains true is that if you run with an awesome group of people, you're pretty much unstoppable, there's nothing too difficult in this game with practice and dedication. Have fun with your sorc!
    Options
  • Jack_Handey
    Jack_Handey
    ✭✭✭
    Make one of each class and choose what you like best
    If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.
    Options
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make one of each class and choose what you like best

^ This
    By default you have 8 character slots,
    I strongly suggest creating one of each class, magicka and stamina. Also try to cover all 3 roles of tanking, DD, healing. It will take time but makes you an immensely better player in the long run. You will learn the strengths and weaknesses of each class combo and each role, and therefore be better playing the one you decide is your favourite in the end, as you will be able to complement and compensate for the particular group you are playing with at any given time.
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Excellent point by point analysis and counter argument typical of fine sorcerer theorycrafting.

This is someone to listen to and keep an eye on in the future.
    Edited by STEVIL on June 11, 2016 6:19AM
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes, there are plans to change the class. Its a living MMO, every class will change. At times the changes will be big, other times small but its not uncommon, likely 1-2 per year per class, the changes will alter the existing meta-minmax-best-of-today scheme and upset a prolific posting and loudly doomspeaking group of folks who KNOW their LATEST BEST MINMAX wasn't just a teensy weensy bit abusive (like that other guy's was last time and the other one the time before for those people - they really deserved to be reigned in there).

yes, you should avoid sorcs like the plague now, so that within a few months, when you realize that listen to forum shout-fests right after a patch of the USELESS DEAD NOW NO POINT DELETE THE WHOLE CLASS style is not a good decision making tool That will be a valuable life lesson - to take a little free time and try something out yourself instead of listening to the loudest and letting their agendas determine your choices.

Now, me... my cp160+ first character magica sorc is running well and i have ttried at least three different iterations of her since Db and love the results.
    Also my cp160+ stamsorc is newly revised into a stam sorc from mag sorc and is nice but i am still working out all the particulars there.

Finally my newly birthed 9th char slot Khajiit Stam sorc is at level 12 now and so far its great.

Have 3 sorcs, 3 temps, 3 blades and one new Dk (had 2 others in the past but threw them out after they made vet.)

So, obviously I am biased towards trying everything to see what works for you.

But even IF you listen to these guys and gals, realize this: Changes occur and classes go up some and down some and if you dont start a sorc now bc it is at the bottom you will have the soon-to-be-next LATEST SCREAMERS CALL DEAD DEAD WHY BOTHER class maxed just in time for the tweaks to it to trigger the OMG WHY ITS NOW USELESS fevers.

Play what you want. have fun. but if you think 3-4 days in is the time to start wondering about the end-game balance aspects for trials and pvp... we aren't close in mind set.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • Shogunami
    Shogunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Will have to investigate this "mega nerf" to sorcs. Considering that they were vastly OP for months prior, I suspect sorcs are actually more where they should be but that players are having a hard time dealing with it.
    Edited by Shogunami on June 11, 2016 8:17AM
    -
    "I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.
    Options
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talk about being useless, WB is suitable to kill noobs anymore. Its time to switch something else, but WB whiners got what they wanted it seems, was it really so hard to dodge? I bet it was the wow-generation, thanks alot.
    Edited by Sausage on June 11, 2016 11:42AM
    Options
  • Reykice
    Reykice
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only the god shield duration got nerfed.
    Look up Thelon on youtube, he is soloing the Veteran group dungeons via sorc... the ones that 4 people sometimes fail to do.

That is enough proof people lie or exagerate about sorcs.
    Options
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roll a magiic nb, more fun , more utility more freedom just as much damage. not touched my sorc since I made one.

Did I mention they are more fun , not being being an overload bot to do decent damage..
    Options
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only play a Sorcerer, have no time for alts so my main is my life in ESO.
    The flexibility of the class and the endless ways you can play it was what made me roll a Sorcerer.
    (stamina, sword/board. full plate, solo PVEr).

There's a major rule with MMOs these days:
    As levelling is so easy and reaching top rank takes so little time compared to the gaming experience of old, lots of people have alts that they use as mains depending on which is flavour of the month.

Soon as the PvPer folk cry nerf something happens and PVE gets whacked.
    Or end game players in PVE spot that the chap next to him is doing 0000000000.00001 % dps more and throw their toys out the pram.

In short, classes change/evolve due to nerfs, ignore everyone else if you enjoy the class and have fun.
    The benefit is you will learn your class inside out and learn to adapt.

Be safe
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you plan on doing any endgame content( PVP, Trials, maybe Vet Maelstrom) I would choose another class every other class out preforms Sorcerer. If your just playing casually then go right ahead it can be a fun class but its very limited at the moment build wise but I don't recommend the Sorcerer class to anyone. I would go Templar it seems even more of the spell caster type than the Sorc is and Templars have a wide variety of builds and class skills to fit almost any playstyle.
    Edited by RebornV3x on June 11, 2016 12:39PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only play a Sorcerer, have no time for alts so my main is my life in ESO.
    The flexibility of the class and the endless ways you can play it was what made me roll a Sorcerer.
    (stamina, sword/board. full plate, solo PVEr).

There's a major rule with MMOs these days:
    As levelling is so easy and reaching top rank takes so little time compared to the gaming experience of old, lots of people have alts that they use as mains depending on which is flavour of the month.

Soon as the PvPer folk cry nerf something happens and PVE gets whacked.
    Or end game players in PVE spot that the chap next to him is doing 0000000000.00001 % dps more and throw their toys out the pram.

In short, classes change/evolve due to nerfs, ignore everyone else if you enjoy the class and have fun.
    The benefit is you will learn your class inside out and learn to adapt.

Be safe

Sorc was my main from day 1 console release so I know how to play and it's a 1 trick pony if you want to do end game trials so the play as you want is a myth unless you stick to vet dungeons world bosses and questing.

Everything a sorc can do can be done better by most other classes.But if the op likes sorcs he should play one no use playing something you dont like...
    Options
  • Browiseth
    Browiseth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People like to overreact to small changes in this game I notice. If you're having fun with Sorc, keep playing it.
    I myself main an Argonian stamina sorc (essentially the most anti-meta thing you can do, the last time I checked) and have beaten vet maelstrom, and regularly play what would be classed as endgame content.
    skingrad when zoscharacters:
    • EP - M - Strikes-with-Arcane - Argonian Stamina Sorc - lvl 50 - The Flawless Conqueror/Spirit Slayer
    • EP - F - Melina Elinia - Dunmer Magicka Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Sinnia Lavellan - Altmer Warden Healer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Follows-the-Arcane - Argonian Healer Sorcerer- lvl 50
    • EP - F - Ashes-of-Arcane - Argonian Magicka Necromancer - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Bolgrog the Sinh - Orc Stamina Dragonknight - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Moonlight Maiden - Altmer Magicka Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Maxine Cauline - Breton Magicka Nightblade - lvl 50
    • EP - M - Garrus Loridius - Imperial Stamina Templar - lvl 50
    • EP - F - Jennifer Loridius - Imperial Necromancer tank - lvl 50
    PC/NA but live in EU 150+ ping lyfe
    Options
  • usrevenge
    usrevenge
    ✭✭✭
    i love my sorc but i feel like i have no role and that i wish i was nightblade or templar instead.

the nerfing to shields has been a long and annoying road as they were really what IMO made sorcs feel worth a damn. they did need a nerf, but they are going about it the wrong way imo, nerding duration instead of amount.

we will see if they fix it eventually.

also sorcs were only really OP if because bolt escape and only scrubs used that spell anyway, that nerf was a long time needed. now they need to have sorcs have some survivability and that should be shields, but they nerfed them too.
    Options