Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I hate this new blocking indicator

• Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please make it a toggle, don't remove it just because people want it gone. I, for one, like it.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

• MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expected to hate if from what I read on the forums.

But as many times as I've been stunned, knocked back, or just hit with astounding damage when I was absolutely holding the right button and yelled, "Dammit, I blocked that!" at my screen, it will be nice to have a visual indicator so at least I'll know ahead of time when my character just plain fails to block.

So I guess it'll probably grow on me.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm used to seeing this ugly Insecticon shield thing on NPCs when they block so I get cautious about the attacks I use so as not to stagger myself hitting them. I absolutely hate this floating block indicator. Its easy enough to tell when a person is blocking...you know...when they're holding block. We do not need this garbage.

I also had to disable the ugly health bars over every NPC and group member. Please stop trying to make ESO look like a console fighting game.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build is buggier then the beta build wtf is this.
    :]
  • Stoltverd
    Stoltverd
    ✭✭✭
    Not only is it not toggleable. i also find the texture to be ugly and the indicator to be too damn big.

Please make it toggleable. It only has use in PVP. And also i think that would make PVP easier (I don't think that's a good thing).

I hate it along with the bow power attack indicator.
    Edited by Stoltverd on June 1, 2016 7:30PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm used to seeing this ugly Insecticon shield thing on NPCs when they block so I get cautious about the attacks I use so as not to stagger myself hitting them. I absolutely hate this floating block indicator. Its easy enough to tell when a person is blocking...you know...when they're holding block. We do not need this garbage.

I also had to disable the ugly health bars over every NPC and group member. Please stop trying to make ESO look like a console fighting game.

I agree that the block indicators need to go, but when an opponent is block-casting the animation for block does drop off. They may have added this indicator to make it more clear. On the other hand, nobody anywhere had a problem with not being able to tell when people were blocking because the sound effects made it completely apparent when you hit them. Sooo not really needed either way!!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    k9mouse wrote: »
    Grao wrote: »
    Yngve_Nik wrote: »
    I know when I'm blocking. I don't need an ugly icon popping up in front of me to remind me.

You and pretty much every one else do, including the PTS players...

Well, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, the minority of players that actually come to the Forums have spoken -- the stupid block NEEDS to go! I hate it, everyone (meaning the [again] minority of players that bother to visit the Forums) hates it. MY PERSONAL OPINION IS THAT I H A T E I T ! ! !
    Fixed to bring more accuracy.

:D

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Valen_Byte
    Valen_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed, unwanted, unneeded change. Get rid of it, no toggle, just get rid of it. I don't want to see it on other players either.
    ***Dixon Kay MagDK FORMER EMPEROR***Deca Dix MagDK FORMER EMPORER***Valonious MagPlar FORMER EMPEROR***
    GM of BYTE
    MAY YOUR DEATHS BE SWIFT, AND YOUR LOAD SCREENS LONG.
    And alien tears will fill for him, Pity’s long-broken urn, For his mourners will be outcast men, And outcasts always mourn
  • Llilium
    Llilium
    ✭✭✭
    +1 and this thread will keep coming up until this shield indicator is gone.

the other guys are right lol. NO ONE likes it. get rid of it. just... stop. unneccessary.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expected to hate if from what I read on the forums.

But as many times as I've been stunned, knocked back, or just hit with astounding damage when I was absolutely holding the right button and yelled, "Dammit, I blocked that!" at my screen, it will be nice to have a visual indicator so at least I'll know ahead of time when my character just plain fails to block.

So I guess it'll probably grow on me.

Now it'll be, "wtf I was blocking, I even saw the stupid shield thing animation". broke game is broke
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Uriel_Nocturne
    Uriel_Nocturne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Llilium wrote: »
    +1 and this thread will keep coming up until this shield indicator is gone.

the other guys are right lol. NO ONE likes it. get rid of it. just... stop. unneccessary.
    Not to be too contrary, But i doubt it.

Like most everything on the internet, people will lose their *** for a couple of days or weeks, then the furor will die down and the issue will be largely forgotten.

The days of protest and ire causing actual change have long-since died out.

No one keeps a fire burning long enough to exact any type of change.

So while appreciate the sentiment on Day 2 of the DLC update, it's highly doubtful the this will be a recurring thread that sticks around long enough to cause Zenimax to change anything.

twitch.tv/vampire_nox
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say no to Crown Crates!

• Khamira
    Khamira
    ✭✭✭
    Make it a toggle:
    Do not show
    Show on me
    Show on enemies
    Show all

Problem solved.

It COULD be useful in PvP when knowing that someone is blocking is a good idea. Or if someones mouse is old and pressing it won't make you block and you need to see it. Or something, dunno...

In PvE mobs are not block-casting so I can see what is happening, don't need a floating thingie.

Dis One wants a Toggle...
    Kha'jira's Scribbles - Such Blog, Many Thingies, Very Wow!
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except it's not new. It was already there.
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    Agreed, unwanted, unneeded change. Get rid of it, no toggle, just get rid of it. I don't want to see it on other players either.

Hey @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, your and ZOS claimed to listen to the players of ESO -- now PROVE IT! Get rid of the block icon and at the very least, make it a toggle. I love my min UI!
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that it's there doesn't bother me. What drives me up the wall is that in first-person view, the emblem isn't even centered, whether I'm using a shield or staff. It's off hovering over to the right, doing it's own little thing.

98ae93bd41474ccd9557a68ed745d5ce.png
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Leslannister
    Leslannister
    ✭✭
    I love it, each to their own I guess ...
  • negbert
    negbert
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually quite like it.
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Please, ZOS. Make it toggle-able.
    It would make everyone happier, and it shouldn't be that difficult to add an option like that.

Thank you.
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who stands there blocking 24/7 to notice it enough, to then get annoyed by it? seriously.. :lol:

You barely notice it unless you play in first person mode(?) or something like that.
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke

• AJ_1988
    AJ_1988
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind it. I'm used to it already. I tend not to look at myself when blocking I'm more concerned with what's going on around me
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AJ_1988 wrote: »
    I don't mind it. I'm used to it already. I tend not to look at myself when blocking I'm more concerned with what's going on around me

Exactly... B)
    YoutTube ESO Playlist

• Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it useful to see and know that my block command hasn't been lagged.

It's also not instant - hit the button and it takes a fraction of time to be implemented in game, which also is valuable feedback.

Xbox NA
  • nine9six
    nine9six
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it a Toggle. I for one like it but can understand those who want it gone.
    Wake up, we're here. Why are you shaking? Are you ok? Wake up...
  • jzholloway
    jzholloway
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind it, but honestly it serves no real purpose.
    PC/NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has to be a toggle. I know when I am blocking, I am holding the button to do so.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• chris_tigerb16_ESO
    chris_tigerb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Please make the blocking indicator toggle-able, it's so immersion breaking having a magical floating shield in-front of all my weapons and even bare fists. What's its purpose? I'm sure everyone knows when they are blocking..
    A Khajiit in real life.

1000+ CP EU/PC.
    Subscriber since the beta.
  • Craziux
    Craziux
    ✭✭✭
    Make this toggleable, Zenimax. It's removed from most things, but what bother me mostly is the third person view, the only view you havn't removed it from now it seems. Just make it toggleable.

Thank you for reading.
    Edited by Craziux on January 29, 2018 2:50PM
    [Outfits] Hide More Armor Slots?
    Cast your vote and make it happen!

,<* 1200+ CP EU/PC *>,
    ,<* Explorer of Tamriel since Beta *>,
    Hours spent in-game: 7500+ #NoLife
    AD:
    Valp - Sorc DD
    Valp Stud - DK Tank
    Bad Argonian - Temp Heal

DC:
    Shu-Chi - PvP Warden

EP:
    Craziux - PvP NB
  • CHVINZZ
    CHVINZZ
    ✭✭
    It's just utter garbage.
  • EverHaunted
    EverHaunted
    ✭✭✭
    One of the first things I did when I bought ESO a month ago was to look for a 'turn shield animation off' setting. Was highly disappointed. Now I'm just mildly irritated.
  • bt86bt
    bt86bt
    ✭✭
    Just posting here tp say that we really want this toggle... please!