The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I hate this new blocking indicator

Yngve_Nik
Yngve_Nik
✭✭
I know when I'm blocking. I don't need an ugly icon popping up in front of me to remind me.
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yngve_Nik wrote: »
    I know when I'm blocking. I don't need an ugly icon popping up in front of me to remind me.

You and pretty much every one else do, including the PTS players...
  • k9mouse
    k9mouse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »
    Yngve_Nik wrote: »

You and pretty much every one else do, including the PTS players...

Well, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, the players have spoken -- the stupid block NEEDS to go! I hate it, everyone hates it. H A T E I T ! ! !
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it looks like garbage
  • WeaselGod
    WeaselGod
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe if they actually read the posts. There's a pts thread that's like 6 pages long and half of them have the @ trying to get their attention that no one in the pts liked it but they completely ignored it. At the very least have it so you cab toggle it
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised they didn't make this an option. For example it should have these in gameplay settings. Always show, show on enemies, or never show. Everyone would be happy. With most indicators being optional it made no sense for them to push this on us.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't the PTS community completely universal in saying that this was not needed or wanted? How'd it make it in?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Yngve_Nik
    Yngve_Nik
    ✭✭
    ZOS really loves their floating shields

Screenshot_20160531_203415.png
  • Zeg0ta
    Zeg0ta
    ✭✭✭
    It's the worst thing ever.Just more crap to clutter the screen. We know when someone is blocking by looking at jeez Zos. It's ruined my mursion OMG!!!!!
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People want complain about the block animation.

That's a joke, the block animation exists as it does in this patch b wise if the animation prioritization they attempted last patch. Which was pulled before TG launch for several reasons not the least of which was problems with blocking .

If you hate the animation at least complain about the right thing it's the animation prioritization pass that got you this.

And for those that want a toggle;

It's an in game messaging issue for you and got her players to know what effects are working when as such until they sort it out I would prfer good messaging to poor messaging
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I love it.
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope ZoS will remove it... that blocking indicator is..... horrible...

I blocked just to check if they added it or not but damn.... it looked so horrible on my Nightblade that it embarrassed me.. I find it hard to play my Nightblade now..
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 allow us to toggle it or get rid of it.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    They should change the blocking indicator to an Arcane Ward for Sorcerers and to a Light Barrier for Templars?
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
  • DovresMalven
    DovresMalven
    ✭✭✭
    Same
    Dovres Malven
    - Aldmeri Dominion
  • BlueViolet
    BlueViolet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr.Hmm wrote: »

I blocked just to check if they added it or not but damn.... it looked so horrible on my Nightblade that it embarrassed me.. I find it hard to play my Nightblade now..

Agreed.
    It's dreadful. Why was it implemented? Do they think people need their hands held to make sure they know when they're using block?
    I would like to toggle it off.
    EU / NA / PC
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they keep it. It looks fine.
  • sirrmattus
    sirrmattus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it looks nice
    Ebonheart Pact - North American Server
    - THE MORALES -
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SanSan wrote: »
    I hope they keep it. It looks fine.

That is why we want a toggle, to have options. Though I really hate it, I can see why people may want it while spending time in PvP or trials.
    This also applies to the various buff/debuff VFX, let us toggle them off if we don't want them.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Mordenkainen
      Mordenkainen
      ✭✭✭✭
      You want something that INDICATES someone is blocking?

Add Tower Shields, can't miss seeing those infront of you.

*cough*

But seriously.. that new animation is like.. why? It's not needed, whatever for did you add that? I remember seeing it when enemies block, that seemed to be of a little use at least, gives a larger point of attention to snap to in PvE/PvP to not use Wrecking Blow in thw wrong moment for example.

But having the one who blocks see it.. is just not needed.
    • bedlom
      bedlom
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      What is wrong with ZOS! This a TES game we want less crap on our screen.
      I still after all this time cant even accept all immersion breaking enemy indicators.
      "Sigh"
    • Lokryn
      Lokryn
      ✭✭✭✭
      I don't understand the intent of this change. I'm holding down my right mouse button, I don't need a visual cue. This is a case of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
    • Nestor
      Nestor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I thought the whole idea of reducing lag was to remove the excess graphics on the screen. I would think that in PvP, this would exacerbate the problem. In PvE, does anyone really need an indicator that says, yes, your blocking right now.
      Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
      Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Saltypretzels
      Saltypretzels
      ✭✭✭✭
      It does seem very unnecessary. It would be nice to get some kind of explanation.
    • cote-bmsb16_ESO
      cote-bmsb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭
      Yea the shield visual is very unappealing to the eye. It looks terrible when blocking with a staff or anything really. Its too large, its protruding.

Please ZOS add a toggle, make it way smaller and less intrusive or just take it away. ..Implementing more stuff that no one asked for. Yea lets add a big ugly shield in front of your cool weapons, armor or actual shield.
    • Volkodav
      Volkodav
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I like the shield.I thought it was cool when enemies have it.Now I do too. :)
    • Kildayen
      Kildayen
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      #BlockLivesMatter
    • Miszou
      Miszou
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Nestor wrote: »
      In PvE, does anyone really need an indicator that says, yes, your blocking right now.

Well, it might help people see if/when their tank is blocking...

"WTF. That boss killed me and I was blocking"
      "No you weren't mate".
      "..."
      *kick*

Although, whether this encourages more people to tank or not, remains to be seen...
    • Xylphan
      Xylphan
      ✭✭✭✭
      Mr.Hmm wrote: »

I'll bet you hamsters to handgrenades that in a soon to be released patch you'll be able to either customize or earn different shield indicators/effects.

And if they don't do that, then shame on you ZOS. Now shut up and take my money.

• DannyLV702
      DannyLV702
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      bedlom wrote: »
      What is wrong with ZOS! This a TES game we want less crap on our screen.
      I still after all this time cant even accept all immersion breaking enemy indicators.
      "Sigh"

Not PC players lol. 90% letters and numbers flying across the screen, 10% game animations
    • TheSpaceWhale
      TheSpaceWhale
      ✭✭
      Agreed--we've had several rounds of PTS with negative feedback and still not even one response or acknowledgement, it just goes live. ZOS talks on and on about how this is an "online RPG" and "cinematic experience" and then totally kills that feeling with this stuff.

Give us the toggle.