Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Promoting Constructive Discussion on the Forums, and Adjusting Moderation

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GinaBruno ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Can we have or sign a request for having a Housing section in the forums?
    @eirinnpryderi Gina confirmed this was coming.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4286463/#Comment_4286463
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently it's not allowed to link threads other users have made in the past in an effort to show their author is one of the lesser gifted human beings as far as intellectual capabilities are concerned, even if said person threats to report other users for no reason. This forum is so hilarious. Deafening silence on the game's major issues but the forum police is out on patrol every day.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Apparently it's not allowed to link threads other users have made in the past in an effort to show their author is one of the lesser gifted human beings as far as intellectual capabilities are concerned, even if said person threats to report other users for no reason. This forum is so hilarious. Deafening silence on the game's major issues but the forum police is out on patrol every day.
    I've done this before and not been moderated for it.

If you're simply linking to a thread and making a statement like "You've posted things which others have not agreed with before such as here <link> and I have a feeling this may be the same." I can't see why it would be moderated.

If you're making an attack post to start off with, then linking the posts as ammunition maybe I could see it moderated. Then again I have trolled threads that exact way before and not been moderated.

Likely you just did the later of the two and the OP decided to report you so it was moderated to try and keep the thread more friendly.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having a talk with @ZOS_GregoryV about it. Maybe being a community ambassador gives more leeway ;). Anyway, discussing moderator actions is another one of the seven sins here on the forum (which I don't get at all). I'll stop now or the warning of a ban may come true.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having a talk with ZOS_GregoryV about it. Maybe being a community ambassador gives more leeway ;). Anyway, discussing moderator actions is another one of the seven sins here on the forum (which I don't get at all). I'll stop now or the warning of a ban may come true.
    Had more posts moderated the last week then the last six months. I think it depends which threads you're in and how you're tackling them.

I think calm and rational discussion of moderation in regards to wider inconsistencies and issues is fine, I think what they're trying to avoid is a topic or post calling a mod out for something moderated to begin with.

I'm sure ZOS and the forums mods are interested in feedback about how they work, but just want to avoid people flaming them for deleting their threads.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    I'm having a talk with @ZOS_GregoryV about it. Maybe being a community ambassador gives more leeway ;). Anyway, discussing moderator actions is another one of the seven sins here on the forum (which I don't get at all). I'll stop now or the warning of a ban may come true.

The threads that you linked previously were removed as the provided links were for the purposes of Naming and Shaming. As clearly stated in our rules:
    Naming-and-Shaming: We do not allow posts or threads that are created for the purpose of “naming-and-shaming” other community member(s). “Naming-and-shaming” is the act of creating a post to call out an individual or group by name, and making them the subject of public accusation, ridicule and/or shaming. Generally, naming-and-shaming involves an in-game situation and/or Terms of Service violation, which the ESO Community Team is unable to assist with. A certain amount of rivalry and competitive razzing is healthy for any game community, especially one with PVP elements, but naming-and-shaming goes well beyond that. It typically elevates to a point where the subject feels legitimately harassed. We believe that naming-and-shaming posts and threads can be abused and are very harmful to the community. We also don't feel that publicly calling out or accusing others by name on our forums is in spirit of the game or our community. If you genuinely believe someone has violated our Terms of Service, you should report them in-game via the support interface — do not bring the situation onto the official ESO community forums.

If you may have any further questions, we would like to request that you review the Community Rules. We hope that this helps to clear up any possibly confusion or misunderstanding. If this does not, please do feel free to reach out to any one of the forum moderators for any further clarification.

Thank you for your understanding!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post