The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Limited Dro-m’Athra Senche Available in the Crown Store (All Platforms)

• starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorry, too expensive for a re-skined, copy-CAT version of a horse.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • JinougaX
    JinougaX
    ✭✭
    go to rawl'kha right now and say something about the price to the showponies riding theirs around. watch how defensive they all get xD...................you will be called poor, etc. but its ok, you could be rich for all they know. and not an idiot ;)
  • BloodMagicLord
    BloodMagicLord
    ✭✭✭✭
    The price,,, wow are you taking lessons from Black Desert Online?
    Please don't become as bad as that game for overpriced items
    PC EU | Tank | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart
    STOP CLASS HOMOGENISATION
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *** are u guys smokin up there Zos?
    4K for a reskin mount.... -_-
    greedy corporate ***

fix pvp first, then u might get a couple crowns from me
    but that *** is unplayable for half a year and the year before it was already pretty bad
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Dro-m’Athra Senche is now available in the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time, starting today (May 26th) through the May 31st at 10AM EDT. Look for it in the “Featured” section of the in-game Crown Store! This special and sinister mount is available for 4,000 crowns.

e1a45a5cce7e4ec3f6fc7cd7af5a68fe.jpg
    This special and sinister mount is available for 4,000 crowns.
    4,000 crowns.

image.jpg
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on May 26, 2016 3:32PM
  • JuZ
    JuZ
    ✭✭
    I was looking forward to buying this today thinking it would be 2500 crowns and although I have enough crowns to do so there is no way I'm spending that much on a mount.
  • Bookwyrm
    Bookwyrm
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was all set to buy this for the 2500, and even purchased extra Crowns so I could buy DB in a few days.

Not getting the mount. Not paying almost twice as much for a reskin. Yes, the animations are lovely and most of it is beautiful (I don't know what's wrong with the fur, but it looks wrong), but it is still a reskinned Senche which there have been plenty of on sale.

And 3000 is the most any mount has been so far, and it was the first and last to be that high...until now.

No, I have the Crowns, but I'm not going to pay this much for a mount when I can buy a Collector's Edition DLC for the same price and get the DLC, a mount, a pet, and some experience scrolls. At least then I don't feel like I'm getting cheated. I could spend the money I would spend on this mount on an entire game. No.
    Don't talk to me! I'm a shrub. - Frozen Man
    Bookwyrm - The Thread Killer
  • Fallen_Ray
    Fallen_Ray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fallen_Ray wrote: »
    4000 Crowns for a re-skinned tiger? The F$%&# hell is the matter with you zennimax?! Someone in the marketing department must be hitting the ol' skooma like there's no tomorrow to believe coherent players would actually buy this. Well, some will, a tiny minority.

i think their skooma is white and powdery

Oh my... LOL
    "Dear brother, I do not spread rumors, I create them"- Lucien Lachance
  • Arkvoril
    Arkvoril
    ✭✭✭
    Bookwyrm wrote: »
    I was all set to buy this for the 2500, and even purchased extra Crowns so I could buy DB in a few days.

Not getting the mount. Not paying almost twice as much for a reskin. Yes, the animations are lovely and most of it is beautiful (I don't know what's wrong with the fur, but it looks wrong), but it is still a reskinned Senche which there have been plenty of on sale.

And 3000 is the most any mount has been so far, and it was the first and last to be that high...until now.

No, I have the Crowns, but I'm not going to pay this much for a mount when I can buy a Collector's Edition DLC for the same price and get the DLC, a mount, a pet, and some experience scrolls. At least then I don't feel like I'm getting cheated. I could spend the money I would spend on this mount on an entire game. No.

+1

Called the wife, let her know that a mount I wanted was going to be on the Crown Store and that I wanted to buy it. She asked me how much and I said 30 dollars to be safe(I have a some crowns still left over from ESO+).I got the go ahead and did not draw any wife aggro. :)

Then I seen it's going for 4K. :( ZOS, you had my money.........but not now, this is absolutely a ridiculous price.

I will not be buying this mount, and I would suggest that everyone do the same. In fact when i get home, since this post is asking for pictures on our new mounts, I say everyone post pictures of the mount you will be riding because this one is to expensive.
    NA/PC

Arkvoril
    Level 50 Altmer Sorcerer
    A Vampire with a Werewolf Companion.
    Master Alchemist and Enchanter;
  • dRudE
    dRudE
    ✭✭✭
    Thought this one would have been listed at 5000 crowns, as it's 1000 less I am very happy lmao, and also a very sad man for needing this in my life!
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like a lot of people, I was really hyped about this mount, looking forward to look cool in a mystic senche. Now, if I buy it, I would look like an idiot, instead of cool. No way I'm going to spend 4K crowns on something that will make me look like an idiot.
    I can already hear: "oh you're riding a cow? cause you've just got milked" No thank you.
    And just some simple math: 1000 people buy 4k mount = 400.000 crowns spent. 10.000 people buy 2.5K mount = 2.500.000 crowns spent. At least, be smart at being greedy.
  • x_t7ink_x
    x_t7ink_x
    ✭✭✭
    dRudE wrote: »
    Thought this one would have been listed at 5000 crowns, as it's 1000 less I am very happy lmao, and also a very sad man for needing this in my life!

Can you honestly say you are HAPPY spending $40/£20 on a visual on a game? Something that will entertain you for maybe a few days until the buzz wears off and it's just another mount. I remember the BUZZ for the nightmare horse and the lightening one, the polar bear, the grizzly bear - again all just a distant memory and in a collection of mounts.

If I think just how much money I've spent on eso plus, xp scrolls, costumes and the additional mounts I could of bought this game 10 times over on the limited edition. At least with the scrolls they were useful and not just 'pretty'.

So for someone that is usually 'ok' with handing over their money - £20 for an atheistic change to something that's already available is just greedy and disgraceful.
    Edited by x_t7ink_x on May 26, 2016 3:59PM
    PS4 EU AD

Vet 16 DK High Elf Tank
    Vet 16 Templar High Elf
    Vet 2 Sorc High Elf
    Vet 1 Mageblade Breton
    Baby Stamplar Redguard
    Baby Stamblade R.I.P.

'If your looking for Whit, I'd say you're half way there''

Raiders of the Lost Maw GM - http://raidersofthelostmaw.wix.com/home
    - https://www.facebook.com/groups/253838968292827/
    Community Page owner 1.2k members - https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElderScrollsOnlinePS4EU/
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    cOHAjfW.png
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on May 26, 2016 4:05PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I the only one that doesn't have an issue with this? I won't be buying it, but if people want to give ZOS money for something pretty and no more functional than a brown horse, have at it.
  • x_t7ink_x
    x_t7ink_x
    ✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Am I the only one that doesn't have an issue with this? I won't be buying it, but if people want to give ZOS money for something pretty and no more functional than a brown horse, have at it.

In short.. Yes.
    PS4 EU AD

Vet 16 DK High Elf Tank
    Vet 16 Templar High Elf
    Vet 2 Sorc High Elf
    Vet 1 Mageblade Breton
    Baby Stamplar Redguard
    Baby Stamblade R.I.P.

'If your looking for Whit, I'd say you're half way there''

Raiders of the Lost Maw GM - http://raidersofthelostmaw.wix.com/home
    - https://www.facebook.com/groups/253838968292827/
    Community Page owner 1.2k members - https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElderScrollsOnlinePS4EU/
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because next time you actually want something ZoS might decide theyll charge 6k crowns for it.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Hemaka
    Hemaka
    ✭✭
    Reskinned panther for a price of a collector's edition expansion (dlc + mount + pet + scrolls). Ooooooooooooooooooook.
    Of course some people will buy it, but the question remains - wouldn't it be better for ZOS to price it in normal range (~2500) and sell much more? Naah, clearly it doesn't work that way in America.
    Shameless money grab.

Next time: super sale of new personalities - only 6k crowns each. Because why not? We'll get new moves!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A Super Fan will not only buy the mount in the Crown Store, they will also bring a replica of one to QuakeCon.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like I just got beat up by Bob Barker

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=87R0MZsO2BU
  • thedemiseraphb14_ESO
    High price limits number in game. Makes it more valuable. Makes zos money. And for me I bought my crowns on a sale so im not actually paying full price. Plus I dont pay a monthly sub so dont mind buying a cosmetic here and there. I only need one mount.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    High price limits number in game. Makes it more valuable. Makes zos money.

'Limits number in game' and 'makes money' dont necessarily go together. Sell a few hundred for 2k or a few dozen for 4k?

Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on May 26, 2016 4:30PM
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dudes at ZOS:

Its cool. But it aint THAT cool.

Get real guys. Seriously. 4k for any reskinned mount is absurd and uncalled for.

Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RMeObWYl.jpg
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will be buying this. And no, it's less than $40 for me because I stocked up on crowns during the sale.
    Edited by ManwithBeard9 on May 26, 2016 4:36PM
  • Eoden13
    Eoden13
    I guess these things are selling like hot cakes... I cannot even log into ESO right now.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Wow.
    I really didn't think it would be more than 2500 like other limited time mounts.
    I have passed on all the camels and bears because I don't care for the animation personally. I have tons of crowns to burn. But.. wow. Not even sure now. The bankers have convenience and were not pure cosmetic so I understood high prices. This is just a reskin

Careful @MissBizz , you might lose your Ambassador status if you spit out the Koolaid. zos works hard to keep us from expressing our opinions when they go against the company. >:)

I really wish the game could have stayed subscription based and we never heard of the crown store.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Lheiah
    Lheiah
    ✭✭
    Let the subscriber bleeding commence!
  • Aimora
    Aimora
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While I agree people can do what they like with their own money - the problem is this is setting a precedent, 4k for a single reskinned item is a lot and if ZOS can get away with this then it means that they will keep pushing the envelope with regards to the pricing of items on the store. I loved this mount from the moment they showcased it on PTS, I was so very excited about getting it and I have the crowns to buy it, but I won't do out of principal.
    Aimora Gilidhren - 50 Hybrid Sorcerer
    Aimae Gilihdril - 50Templar Healer
    Aimsae Astasia - 50 Templar Tank
    Aimellie Halfpenny - 50 Nightblade spinning DPS
    Sofae Ethelbur - 50 Dragonknight Tank
    Sha'Mash 50 - Nightblade - Former Empress
    Saelenor Wilihfren 50 - Templar No. 3
    Seliene Harbingerin 50 - DK in training
    Aims For Equanimity 10 - Magicka DK

Circle of the Phoenix - Guild Mistress
    Elysium - Guild 2nd in Command
    Auridon Trading Company - Joint GM

Looking for a friendly, progress focused guild check us out at thecircleofthephoenix.gamerlaunch.com/

Check me out at Anook anook.com/aimora
  • Aleraon
    Aleraon
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was really looking forward to getting this mount but at 4000 crowns they can keep it. As I've said in a previous thread I'll spend those crowns on the DB collectors edition and get my free wolf mount instead.

2500 crowns would have been a more reasonable amount for this Dromathra mount and would have made it available to more of the player base. Its a pity ZOS didn't take that into consideration. Maybe if they'd made it a unique model instead of a basic reskin with a few changes to animation the increased effort might have been more worthy of the price hike.
    (EU/AD) CP501 Razum-dah - Khajiiti Templar Healer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'Kara Silverclaw - Khajiiti Dragonknight tank
    (EU/AD) CP501 Rajhiin - Khajiiti stamina Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Draven Corvillian - Breton magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Sinderian Nightflame - High Elf magicka sorcerer
    (EU/AD) CP501 J'zargo Silverclaw - Khajiit stamina Templar
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ariella Nightshade - High Elf Magicka Nightblade
    (EU/AD) CP501 Ri'shada - Khajiit Stamina Sorcerer
    (EU/AD) LVL29 Valeon Indoril - Dark Elf Magicka Dragonknight
    *The Queen stole this one's moonsugar candies lol*
  • Vendrath
    Vendrath
    ✭✭✭
    Afraid I'm going to pass on this one. I was willing and expecting to pay 2500 for it but not 4000, that is just ridiculous.