The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Extreme Soloing

Rraith
Rraith
✭✭
My character is only level 7 and I do not know much about the content in the game. Is it possible to solo most of the group content available? If so can all classes manage to do it?

I have seen a sorcerer (Thelon) soloing some veteran dungeons. What about other classes?
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if you are good enough you can solo almost anything, accept of group dungeons and vet dungeons and dragonstar arena and some parts of craglorn
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is your class?
  • Rraith
    Rraith
    ✭✭
    Van_0S wrote: »
    What is your class?

I have only played for a few hours yet. I have level 7 sorcerer, 6 dragonknight, 6 templar. Finished the starter isles of each alliance.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its possible but it takes a higher level of skill, magicka builds are probably the most effective for solo content.

After the DB update I think solo play will be more difficult on sorcs because their shield and heal got seriously nerfed.

My pick would be magicka Templar for solo content.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rraith wrote: »
    Van_0S wrote: »
    What is your class?

I have only played for a few hours yet. I have level 7 sorcerer, 6 dragonknight, 6 templar. Finished the starter isles of each alliance.

Then go magicka for soloing.
    Stamina is for PvP burst provided your a tank.

I would recommend Magicka NB/ Magicka Templar for killing X mobs
    They have good AoE skill that kills target and also heals the caster at the same time.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc Pets are probably the best to solo with (for example it's only possible to solo the first boss in WGT with a pet build, as being put into the jail will reset the battle without a pet aggroing)

The update hurts Some builds.

My Solo Pet Sorc build hits ward every 5 seconds to trigger Trinimac's set getting me a nice 3550 - 5400ish AOE attack/heal

That means my ward provides me with a ward AND 1000ish dps and hps.

This change has no effect on my builds.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duoing content can be very fun. Me and bud have duoed bogdan the nightflame and got the gold key, we duoed shadas tear, which at v14 cap was one of the hardest bosses out there. I personally have soloed most of the silver key instances. When I was into PvE soloing content, I played a heal tank. Basically blazing shield, BoL, and mash block...back in the day though...
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno... I say soloing a sorc is still somewhat viable

Last nights run!

7cV9eCR.png

I'm not solo here obviously...but the point is you gotta get some wierd sets to accomplish it in alot of cases and run things normal people wouldn't.

Dodge rolling, blocking, and potion popping have to be second nature... So if you wanna level this way, I suggest you hit world bosses, public dungeons, and pvp otherwise.
    Edited by NativeJoe on May 27, 2016 10:37PM
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NativeJoe wrote: »
    7cV9eCR.png

WTF?!
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Rraith
    Rraith
    ✭✭
    Last night I attempted a solo dungeon with my level 12 sorcerer. Spindleclutch. I had no idea about the mechanics of the fight. Not knowing what will happen and what will I face was a complete thrill and it was so much fun. Something I missed in mmos lately. It really felt like an adventure.

After 2-3 deaths from spider packs at the start I changed my ability bar and managed to take them down. Then successfully killed first boss. After that I managed to get to the second boss. Despite my 2-3 tries, I have only managed to down him to %10 health.

Do you think it is a success for a newbie? Could I do better with a different class?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night I attempted a solo dungeon with my level 12 sorcerer. Spindleclutch. I had no idea about the mechanics of the fight. Not knowing what will happen and what will I face was a complete thrill and it was so much fun. Something I missed in mmos lately. It really felt like an adventure.

After 2-3 deaths from spider packs at the start I changed my ability bar and managed to take them down. Then successfully killed first boss. After that I managed to get to the second boss. Despite my 2-3 tries, I have only managed to down him to %10 health.

Do you think it is a success for a newbie? Could I do better with a different class?

I think it's a success! Now I dunno,about other classes, but it sounded like you had fun and that makes it a success :)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Eas007
    Eas007
    ✭✭✭
    It is possible to solo all but one public dungeons, some Vet dungeons and most of Craglorn.
    United we stand, divided we fall. Shields as one!
  • Kozai
    Kozai
    ✭✭✭
    There are a few normal and vet dungeons which can't be soloed because of mechanics which take out one character (the expectation is that their teammates will rescue them, with no teammates, you just die), but I'm sure all of the others have been soloed. It would be much easier, mind you, to get on a random team with the team finder. If you really want to experience the story, though, soloing is much more immersive.
  • Resipsa131
    Resipsa131
    ✭✭✭

No at level 12 Sorc has the clan fear that can tank and heal it's easily the best at soloing early on.