Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

The amount to craft vr16 gear is ridiculous

WolfWarrior84
WolfWarrior84
✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno why does it take so much materials to craft vr16 gear it makes no since to increase it x10 from vr15 to vr16 especially since when we steal the items do not scale past vr14. is any of this changing in the next update or are we being forced to waste all that time hunting materials or money to buy them? i only wear crafted gear that way i can choose they style of they gear feels like i am being punished for using crafted gear once you hit top level not really fair in my opinion
WolfWarrior84
PS4 na server DC & EP Alliance
Champion point 646
Argonain templar healer, orc dragon knight tank, high elf sorcerer dps, kajiit knightblade dps , Stam Sorc pvp
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typing @ZOS_anything does nothing FYI.

The amount of crafting material for V16 is perfect IMO, one has to make the choice to just settle with V14 stuff or actually work for the BIS (self-made that is). I don't see what the big deal is, so you need 700 leathers instead of 70. Join a trading guild, make money, then buy what you need, or just go out and get some yourself.

If you consider having to gather materials in order to craft your own gear a waste of time, in an MMO then, sir, you are playing the wrong genre of game. And please don't use the word "fair", it is the same for everyone. You chose to buy the game, not liking how it is played is not being unfair to you.

Edited by emily3989 on May 18, 2016 1:03PM
    Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »

Not true. The OP's @Mention will ping Gina. She is swamped obv so don't expect her to swoop in on every beckoning call. the @ZOS mention does nothing however.

Word to the wise OP, don't waste Gina's time with QQ. Discuss this issue with the community, generate enough feedback, and ZOS will not be able to ignore it.
    Edited by Cuyler on May 18, 2016 1:13PM
    Guild: STACK n BURN (gm) PC - NA
    CP 810 18 Maxed Characters:
    "How hard can u guar?" - Rafishul[/spoiler]
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How is it not fair? It cost the same amount of materials for all of us. Now that Wrothgar, Hews Bane and the upcoming Gold Coast drop top tier mats in abundance it is a breeze to get the required mats without having to spend any gold.
    PC/EU DC
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cuyler wrote: »

Not true. The OP's @Mention will ping Gina. She is swamped obv so don't expect her to swoop in on every beckoning call. the @ZOS mention does nothing however.

Word to the wise OP, don't waste Gina's time with QQ. Discuss this issue with the community, generate enough feedback, and ZOS will not be able to ignore it.

What I am saying, pinging her on something like this is only going to sway them to ignore the comment more. This is hardly a topic of issue, maybe someone complains about it once a week, so with everything else looming, I doubt they are going to stop anything and spend any time even considering this.

If it does anything, it slows down the addressing of actual game issues that matter.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What I am saying, pinging her on something like this is only going to sway them to ignore the comment more. This is hardly a topic of issue, maybe someone complains about it once a week, so with everything else looming, I doubt they are going to stop anything and spend any time even considering this.

If it does anything, it slows down the addressing of actual game issues that matter.
    That's cute......to be fair, this topic doesn't matter to YOU. Live and let live.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno why does it take so much materials to craft vr16 gear it makes no since to increase it x10 from vr15 to vr16 especially since when we steal the items do not scale past vr14. is any of this changing in the next update or are we being forced to waste all that time hunting materials or money to buy them? i only wear crafted gear that way i can choose they style of they gear feels like i am being punished for using crafted gear once you hit top level not really fair in my opinion

On crafted/Dropped sets thing. The viable dropped sets take significantly longer to farm than the materials to get a set of v16 crafted gear. So you're definitely not being punished for using crafted. I do agree there is no reason to have such a high material cost. A player should be able to craft gear at v16 as easily as v14.

Legendary is what people are after, and the money/time to get gold mats is a significant enough investment for those who wish to attain it. Simply crafting v16 in green/blue or purple should not be so time consuming.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People cared about this last year. We moved on. You are supposed to be complaining about poisons and shield nerfs now. Catch up.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • WolfWarrior84
    WolfWarrior84
    ✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    People cared about this last year. We moved on. You are supposed to be complaining about poisons and shield nerfs now. Catch up.

i just hit vr 16 so shut it
    WolfWarrior84
    Champion point 646
    Argonain templar healer, orc dragon knight tank, high elf sorcerer dps, kajiit knightblade dps , Stam Sorc pvp
  • WolfWarrior84
    WolfWarrior84
    ✭✭

i jus
    Typhoios wrote: »
    How is it not fair? It cost the same amount of materials for all of us. Now that Wrothgar, Hews Bane and the upcoming Gold Coast drop top tier mats in abundance it is a breeze to get the required mats without having to spend any gold.

I do not care to waste time farming material or money when all i had to do until vr15 was steal my materials and break them down if the loot i steal was my level i would not be on here complaining. i prefer to quest and run dungeons with my time not wasting it searching for materials. i want to know how they justify a X10 increase from vr15 to vr16 that is what is not fair to all of us! just because you accepted it does not make it okay to do.
    WolfWarrior84
    Champion point 646
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you OP..How many mats does it take per v16 item? Im not v16 yet but Ive heard about the ridicoulus amount of mats needed. If it really is as bad as 10x the mats needed... - if the mats can not be obtained from stolen items, I can not imagine the pain heavy armor users must go through if the only way of obtaining raw blacksmithing mats is through nodes/deconning dropped items.

I guess just stick with v14 gear until you know for sure which crafted set it is you like the most.

EDIT: Also OP, I dont know what it is about this community but alot of people on the forums love to shoot posts like these down. Like they get a medal or something for disagreeing with you, just because this is an old/common topic is no reason to disagree...

That being said, does anyone see any balance in requiring the amount of mats for v15-16 gear? Is there some reasoning behind it that I may be missing? The only one I can think of is ZOS wants it to be a "time sink", forcing people to play their game longer to get what they need.
    Edited by Serenityx on May 18, 2016 4:28PM
  • WolfWarrior84
    WolfWarrior84
    ✭✭
    Serenityx wrote: »
    I agree with you OP..How many mats does it take per v16 item? Im not v16 yet but Ive heard about the ridicoulus amount of mats needed. If it really is as bad as 10x the mats needed... - if the mats can not be obtained from stolen items, I can not imagine the pain heavy armor users must go through if the only way of obtaining raw blacksmithing mats is through nodes/deconning dropped items.

I guess just stick with v14 gear until you know for sure which crafted set it is you like the most.

EDIT: Also OP, I dont know what it is about this community but alot of people on the forums love to shoot posts like these down. Like they get a medal or something for disagreeing with you, just because this is an old/common topic is no reason to disagree...

That being said, does anyone see any balance in requiring the amount of mats for v15-16 gear? Is there some reasoning behind it that I may be missing? The only one I can think of is ZOS wants it to be a "time sink", forcing people to play their game longer to get what they need.

i made my first vr16 set for my main but in a few weeks my alts will need the gear as well i know what styles i want to use but at around 750k per suit including upgrading to legendary and enchantments will take some time to get that much gold or hunt down all the materials.
    WolfWarrior84
    Champion point 646
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    When a lot us were getting mats for our VR16 gear only about 25% of nodes were top tier mats in the scaled areas, so the grind was much worse.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• WolfWarrior84
    WolfWarrior84
    ✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    When a lot us were getting mats for our VR16 gear only about 25% of nodes were top tier mats in the scaled areas, so the grind was much worse.

I bet and am glad i did not have to go through that but that does not make it right i will not drop this or the time it takes to research the traits for armor and weapons both are ridiculous for the time spent to get to be able to make or use those things
    WolfWarrior84
    Champion point 646
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not care to waste time farming material or money when all i had to do until vr15 was steal my materials and break them down if the loot i steal was my level i would not be on here complaining. i prefer to quest and run dungeons with my time not wasting it searching for materials. i want to know how they justify a X10 increase from vr15 to vr16 that is what is not fair to all of us! just because you accepted it does not make it okay to do.

It's a game mechanic. Deal with it. Adapt. Not everything in this game can be easily obtained by stealing it. Again, get used to that too.

ZOS has no obligation to make their game "fair" to your personal playstyle preference ...
    shades.gif
  • WolfWarrior84
    WolfWarrior84
    ✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

It's a game mechanic. Deal with it. Adapt. Not everything in this game can be easily obtained by stealing it. Again, get used to that too.

ZOS has no obligation to make their game "fair" to your personal playstyle preference ...
    shades.gif

No I will not i will keep posts like this coming on things that make no since.
    WolfWarrior84
    Champion point 646
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also OP, I dont know what it is about this community but alot of people on the forums love to shoot posts like these down. Like they get a medal or something for disagreeing with you, just because this is an old/common topic is no reason to disagree...
    +1. These topics bring out all the regular/familiar trolls.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

If you do the writs after a few weeks you will have the mats, I didn't have that much patience though. I bought mine when they where 50k a stack and then decided I didn't like them and started over. Now that they are 10 to 15k a stack I really don't get what the problem is. It is top gear kinda think it should be difficult to obtain. You could get drops from daily dungeons and eventually make a set that way instead.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i jus

If I had to guess at a justification it is probably to bring the time required to craft a set in line with how long it takes to get a dropped set in good traits. I know people who have been doing Prison and White Gold since it came out and still don't have spell cure / scathing with all good traits. Now, getting mats is so much easier than farming drops. I don't run around farming mats. I do my writs and I pick up nodes when I see them. You're acting like the mats are really hard to get and they really are not.

How easy should they make it? Maybe you shouldn't need mats at all and can craft whatever, whenever?
    PC/EU DC
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How easy should they make it? Maybe you shouldn't need mats at all and can craft whatever, whenever?

^^^This^^^
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I will not i will keep posts like this coming on things that make no since.
    That word does not mean what you think it means.

Also, what makes no sense to you makes perfect sense to a lot of other people.
    shades.gif
  • WolfWarrior84
    WolfWarrior84
    ✭✭

i jus

If I had to guess at a justification it is probably to bring the time required to craft a set in line with how long it takes to get a dropped set in good traits. I know people who have been doing Prison and White Gold since it came out and still don't have spell cure / scathing with all good traits. Now, getting mats is so much easier than farming drops. I don't run around farming mats. I do my writs and I pick up nodes when I see them. You're acting like the mats are really hard to get and they really are not.

my issue is the huge increase in material needed going from 15 for a vr 15 chest piece to 150 for a vr 16 chest piece is overkill. the best way i would like is to make items you steal to scale to your level past vr 14 or CP140 or lower the cost to make it a X10 increase is not except-able
    WolfWarrior84
    Champion point 646
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...to make it a X10 increase is not except-able

It has been like this forever, yet people have still played the game. Amazing.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

i jus

my issue is the huge increase in material needed going from 15 for a vr 15 chest piece to 150 for a vr 16 chest piece is overkill. the best way i would like is to make items you steal to scale to your level past vr 14 or CP140 or lower the cost to make it a X10 increase is not except-able

If you want the most valuable equipment in the game you will either have to pay for it or farm for it, full stop. It's nowhere near as bad today as it was back when IC released and you had to earn those 150 pieces of material by deconstructing drops and getting one piece of material at a time.

Go to a DLC zone and start farming. Do some writs. Drop some gold at a guild trader. Spend some TV in Imperial City. Whatever you need to do. The material costs for top-tier gear have been this way for almost a year and it's not changing now.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭

i jus

Now, getting mats is so much easier than farming drops. I don't run around farming mats. I do my writs and I pick up nodes when I see them.

Mats probably arent hard to come by, and now I just realized you can also buy some of them in imperial city via tel var stones. Makes me wonder now if maybe this is to influence people to purchase IC content too... And while I still dont know the exact amount of mats needed for v15-16 gear im sure its probably a crazy amount. Your point about picking up mats as you play and doing writs is sort of the issue itself - unless all your doing is writs you have to play the game in gear thats sub par to what you want. Im not saying that everything should made so easy to the point of being instantly obtainable but from what Ive read max level gear could probably (imho) require less mats.
  • Serenityx
    Serenityx
    ✭✭✭

i jus

Now, getting mats is so much easier than farming drops. I don't run around farming mats. I do my writs and I pick up nodes when I see them.

Mats probably arent hard to come by, and now I just realized you can also buy some of them in imperial city via tel var stones. Makes me wonder now if maybe this is to influence people to purchase IC content too... And while I still dont know the exact amount of mats needed for v15-16 gear im sure its probably a crazy amount. Your point about picking up mats as you play and doing writs is sort of the issue itself - unless all your doing is writs you have to play the game in gear thats sub par to what you want. Im not saying that everything should made so easy to the point of being instantly obtainable but from what Ive read max level gear could probably (imho) require less mats.
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^This^^^
    Also, what makes no sense to you makes perfect sense to a lot of other people.

How hard should they make it? a level is a level, v16 will eventually be no different than v14. When the level cap is raised to CP 200 will it still make sense that v16 costs 10x more than v14? It won't. Or maybe you'll be happy when CP 200 gear requires 20x times the mats or CP 300 gear needs 50x the mats. If you can't see the problem here you're just overlooking the larger problem. Grinding....which apparently you think is what constitutes fun in game.

It really is unnecessary that the time/mat sink is level dependent. That is after all, why we have normal, epic, legendary item levels, to separate the good, better, best and was perfectly fine originally as the time sink. I think most of you guys have forget exactly how many ppl protested this change upon it's first inception. I guess after getting it in the rear for so long that pain turned too numb to matter anymore.
    Edited by Cuyler on May 18, 2016 8:25PM
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grinding....which apparently you think is what constitutes fun in game
    And you apparently know nothing about me ...
    rolleyes.gif

End game gear should be hard to get. That still does make sense to me.

And your above post complete misses the point because ZOS can simply move the 10x requirement to the next end game material tier when they increase the CP ceiling.
    shades.gif
  • Cuyler
    Cuyler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    End game gear should be hard to get. That still does make sense to me.

And your above post complete misses the point because ZOS can simply move the 10x requirement to the next end game material tier when they increase the CP ceiling.

Endgame gear was/is hard to get.......because of gold mats. You think crafting a v16 set of anything in purple is "endgame" gear? Lel

I think you've missed the point, when/if they simply move the Xwhatever requirement to the next tier, the v16 stuff will be just like the rest, like it always has been. The gold requirement for the real "endgame" gear is enough of a sink. The Xmat requirement is superfluous grinding put on top of a system that already required gold mats to make endgame gear.

Think of it this way, what's the point of having different mat types at all then? Why not make Jute the only crafting mat and just have CP 140, CP 160, CP 180, CP200 cost 40 jute, 60 jute, 80 jute, and 100 jute respectively.
    And you apparently know nothing about me ...
    I know your real good at trolling forums and your post's tend to belittle everything with little substance other than your feelings, but carry on.
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think you've missed the point, when/if they simply move the Xwhatever requirement to the next tier, the v16 stuff will be just like the rest, like it always has been. The gold requirement for the real "endgame" gear is enough of a sink. The Xmat requirement is superfluous grinding put on top of a system that already required gold mats to make endgame gear.

I think the point is that the "gold requirement" applies to all gear, dropped or crafted. So if I farm vWGT forever to get a nice set, then upgrade that to gold, it should be about the same time commitment as crafting a nice set and upgrading it. If it only cost 16 ruby mats to make a piece of gear I could farm and craft a full set in less time than it takes to do a single run of vWGT.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess you weren't here when IC launched. Same 10x cost. And the only way to get mats was to decon loot drops (only from the bosses in VR15/16-scaled dungeons or from IC) or buy with Tel-Var stones. Typical cost of Ancestor Silk: 600-800g.

Then came Orsinium: The opportunity for loot drops increased dramatically, as you now had an entire PvE zone with easy decon loot, and there were harvestable nodes with a chance of VR15/16 mats, and writs whose survey rewards generally outweighed the writ costs. Typical cost of Ancestor Silk: 200-400g.

Then came Thieves Guild: Now all the nodes in Wrothgar and Hew's Bane are 100% VR15/16 if you have the right passives. Harvesting is easier than ever before. Typical cost of Ancestor Silk: 50-100g.

In comparison to what it was like back then, things are way too easy now. :p
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch