The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

[2.4] Magicka Sorcerer PVE DPS guide by Yolo Wizard (Updated)

• Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have 2 question Yolowizard ^^

- have you try to combine the Finish and the proc of the fragment ? ( use the finish instead the force pulsar , with the same rotation ) becuase i calculate and the frag proc have 1K much damage than the finish .

- did you use Velocius curse In fight WITHOUT add in single targeet ? or did you use him only because this skill did 5K + damage to nearby ennemies while doing "reasonable " damage to the boss ?

- and actually i test a set than i find myself and use myself because this is a good set for sorcerer who NOT use overload .my stat with buff overkill( the 20% more spell damage of the sorcerer * not the Proc of kena ) /boud aegis/inner light/sharpened weapons/storm/ magicka-health food/thief mundu stone .
    2hqa25e.png
    Edited by Apherius on September 24, 2016 5:01PM
  • lLordShadowl
    lLordShadowl
    Soul Shriven
    I have returned to this game after almost a year and I have to say this guide is awesome. Not only it is up to date but also I really appreciate your formatting which makes reading and using this guide super easy. I have checked out more guides recently and ability to condense text into easy to read information is invaluable. It seems some people think that making 500 words single paragraph is helpful...it's not.

I have noticed that this guide doesn't mention enchantments but provided pictures show maximum magicka enchantment. Is this enchantment only decent option worth taking? I know that there is no cap for maximum magicka now so I guess more magicka means more damage which wins against all other otptions?

Thank you for making this guide making lives of others much more easy :)
    Edited by lLordShadowl on September 23, 2016 9:08AM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have returned to this game after almost a year and I have to say this guide is awesome. Not only it is up to date but also I really appreciate your formatting which makes reading and using this guide super easy. I have checked out more guides recently and ability to condense text into easy to read information is invaluable. It seems some people think that making 500 words single paragraph is helpful...it's not.

I have noticed that this guide doesn't mention enchantments but provided pictures show maximum magicka enchantment. Is this enchantment only decent option worth taking? I know that there is no cap for maximum magicka now so I guess more magicka means more damage which wins against all other otptions?

Thank you for making this guide making lives of others much more easy :)

1K magicka = 100 spell damage ;) so ... yes , much magika = much damage .
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    I have 2 question Yolowizard ^^

- have you try to combine the Finish and the proc of the fragment ? ( use the finish instead the force pulsar , with the same rotation ) becuase i calculate and the frag proc have 1K much damage than the finish .

- did you use Velocius curse In fight WITHOUT add in single targeet ? or did you use him only because this skill did 5K + damage to nearby ennemies while doing "reasonable " damage to the boss ?

- and actually i test a set than i find myself and use myself because this is a good set for sorcerer who NOT use overload .my stat with buff overkill/boud aegis/inner light/sharpened weapons/storm/ magicka-health food/thief mundu stone .
    2hqa25e.png

@Apherius Mais non, un autre français! J'en étais sur en plus que t'étais français mais j'ai jamais osé te demander... Bref, toi et ta haine pour Surcharge... C'est assez drôle :lol:. Alright, I'll speak in english so that everyone else can understand wtf we are saying.

Do you mean not using Force Pulse at all, and use Mage's Wrath as a spammable..? (C'est carrément du suicide ce que tu proposes si j'ai bien compris, car Mage's Fury fait vraiment rien comme dégâts.) In the execute phase Mage's Fury does pretty much the exact same damage as a Crystal Frag but in 2 hits, meaning that it can proc Nerien'eth and Scathing Mage more often if you are using those sets.

Velocious Curse can pull around 4k DPS single target. Crystal Frags around 5k, then again it depends on proc chances. So Curse is just as amazing in single target as it is in AoE. Even though you have to constantly reapply it, it makes the rotation a bit cleaner. I also find light attack weaves more responsive and smooth with the lightning staff so I use it for pretty much everything except for vMSA.

One thing I can say is that Kena is basically only playable on a magicka night blade with their insane sustain and even then its pretty damn hard if you miss a light attack or two. (J'ai vu que t'avais activé Overkill. Bref, Molag Kena sur un sorcier c'est de la *****.) If you absolutely want to use a monster set, Streak One uses Scathing mage along with Nerien'eth (and get a 48.5k DPS parse on the Twins without a vMA staff and a Alkosh debut... #nerfStreakOne). Nerien'eth and Molag Kena are comparable in terms of DPS. With One Tamriel, you should definitely use Ilambris. Absolute BiS for Sorcs by miles.
    Both builds are very good, although I prefer using a monster set. Its simply a little more fun.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you mean not using Force Pulse at all, and use Mage's Wrath as a spammable..? (C'est carrément du suicide ce que tu proposes si j'ai bien compris, car Mage's Fury fait vraiment rien comme dégâts.) In the execute phase Mage's Fury does pretty much the exact same damage as a Crystal Frag but in 2 hits, meaning that it can proc Nerien'eth and Scathing Mage more often if you are using those sets.

Salut pote français ! généralement les gens le savent dés qu'ils voient mon niveau d'anglais xD . Bon :

Not , i forgot to precise but ... i wanted to use the finisher instead the force pulse + same rotation AT 20% of the boss . of course xD i don't want use the finisher instead the force pulse at middle or beginning of the fight .
    Velocious Curse can pull around 4k DPS single target. Crystal Frags around 5k, then again it depends on proc chances. So Curse is just as amazing in single target as it is in AoE. Even though you have to constantly reapply it, it makes the rotation a bit cleaner. I also find light attack weaves more responsive and smooth with the lightning staff so I use it for pretty much everything except for vMSA.

Thank man ;) i use this too now ! and i love the lightning staff because the AOE in heavy attack is amazing .
    and for the velocious curse , i started to play with .. and i agree , instead of a force pulse this is very good .
    One thing I can say is that Kena is basically only playable on a magicka night blade with their insane sustain and even then its pretty damn hard if you miss a light attack or two. (J'ai vu que t'avais activé Overkill. Bref, Molag Kena sur un sorcier c'est de la *****.) If you absolutely want to use a monster set, Streak One uses Scathing mage along with Nerien'eth (and get a 48.5k DPS parse on the Twins without a vMA staff and a Alkosh debut... #nerfStreakOne). Nerien'eth and Molag Kena are comparable in terms of DPS. With One Tamriel, you should definitely use Ilambris. Absolute BiS for Sorcs by miles.
    Both builds are very good, although I prefer using a monster set. Its simply a little more fun.

Yes i know , i use it only for my magblade too , was good before ... for burst ... but now this is just a loss .
    ( quand je dit overkill , c'est surpuissance , le skill qui donne 20% + dégats des sorts du sorcier , et , ça va t'étonner mais , là je suis pas en proc kena du tout xD j'ai que 1 piéce .) My setup for these stat is : 5 destruction mastery ( 2 armor , 3 jewerly) - 5 law of julianos(4 armor , 1 main staff ) - 1 maesltrom staff -1 kena .
    But ... for the moment i prefer 3 moondancer - 5 law of julianos ( i hate the twice born star as much as the overload ) - 1 maesltrom staff - 3 willpower .
    I want test the scathing mage but ... in 1 year i drop only 3 divines piece ... . AND thank man for the information about llambris ! i will test this .

Edited by Apherius on September 24, 2016 4:59PM
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

Salut pote français ! généralement les gens le savent dés qu'ils voient mon niveau d'anglais xD . Bon :

Not , i forgot to precise but ... i wanted to use the finisher instead the force pulse + same rotation AT 20% of the boss . of course xD i don't want use the finisher instead the force pulse at middle or beginning of the fight .

Thank man ;) i use this too now ! and i love the lightning staff because the AOE in heavy attack is amazing .
    and for the velocious curse , i started to play with .. and i agree , instead of a force pulse this is very good .

Yes i know , i use it only for my magblade too , was good before ... for burst ... but now this is just a loss .
    ( quand je dit overkill , c'est surpuissance , le skill qui donne 20% + dégats des sorts du sorcier , et , ça va t'étonner mais , là je suis pas en proc kena du tout xD j'ai que 1 piéce .) My setup for these stat is : 5 destruction mastery ( 2 armor , 3 jewerly) - 5 law of julianos(4 armor , 1 main staff ) - 1 maesltrom staff -1 kena .
    But ... for the moment i prefer 3 moondancer - 5 law of julianos ( i hate the twice born star as much as the overload ) - 1 maesltrom staff - 3 willpower .
    I want test the scathing mage but ... in 1 year i drop only 3 divines piece ... . AND thank man for the information about llambris ! i will test this .

Yeah thing is about the execute, you'd have to put it onto your front bar and you'd lose out on Curse. + the damage difference between Fury and Frags is very very small.

Ouais j'utilisais la malédiction bien bien avant que Yolo ou Streak One ont sorti leurs builds. Je pense que c'est le PvP qui m'a inspiré a l'utiliser en PvE.
    Justement ça m'avait étonné que t'avais seulement 3k de dégats de sorts!! Avec Kena je frole les 3.7k! Yeah I was also thinking of using destruction mastery but it offers pretty much the same damage as Julianos except you also get 3% crit with Juli. I also prefer Aether over Moondancer (crit>magicka in my opinion). I fully agree on the TBS thing. I think for NBs and Templars its great cause of their passives, but not for Sorcerers. You can't use Scathing with Willpower at the moment, because you wouldn't get the Undaunted passives, so i'd recommend simply using Julianos. Right now I'm using Julianos, Infallible Aether and Willpower. Stats are fully self buffed with Aegis, Power Surge and Inner Light are 44k Magicka, 3038k spell damage and 71.2% crit (minor prophecy active).
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Shabzilla
    Shabzilla
    Soul Shriven
    Is this build still up to date? I like how this one looks. I'm still leveling up my sorc, so are there any tips for that as well?
  • Malkaran
    Malkaran
    ✭✭
    ^^ I second that question, and if the answer is yes. Then I have a pretty dumb question but was does "LA" and "MA" stand for in the single bar rotation explanation section?
  • EldritchPenguin
    EldritchPenguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malkaran wrote: »
    ^^ I second that question, and if the answer is yes. Then I have a pretty dumb question but was does "LA" and "MA" stand for in the single bar rotation explanation section?

Light attack and medium attack.

A medium attack, in case you don't know, is a heavy attack that isn't fully charged.
    Lilelle Adlis - Dark Elf Dragonknight

Vaynothah Sailenar - Dark Elf Templar

Sherivah Telvanni - Dark Elf Sorcerer

Nephiah Telvanni - Dark Elf Nightblade
  • Malkaran
    Malkaran
    ✭✭
    Malkaran wrote: »

Light attack and medium attack.

A medium attack, in case you don't know, is a heavy attack that isn't fully charged.

Thank you so much. Also feel real dumb, should have known that haha
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @YoloWizard

Is there much dps loss running vma sharp lightning staff on main bar, and sharp vma inferno on back bar, with weaving lightning light attacks?
  • GhostMerK
    GhostMerK
    Soul Shriven
    @YoloWizard

First off, thx for the guide. From what im learning (im very new to the game) its a great guide to follow so far. I do have a question though. When you explain the skill sections, you have 4 bars in total for AoE and Single Target. Do you just swap your skills out for those instances or am i missing something in game that gives me access to more than 2 bars?

Also could you post your passives as well? Im not sure if i should be going specific passives over others or not. Im not 100% sure how many skill points we get as im still learning about the game. But the help would be appreciated. Again, i appreciate the guide. My Sorc is alot of fun to play and its a good baseline for me to use to learn the game before experimenting with classes and what not.
  • Lukums1
    Lukums1
    ✭✭✭✭
    @YoloWizard

Is there much dps loss running vma sharp lightning staff on main bar, and sharp vma inferno on back bar, with weaving lightning light attacks?

Technically no, because lightning ticks through passive of extra lightning damage due to flame weaving being really buggy at the moment ( I call it broken ) I actually prefer to use lightning vma on front bar myself. So I believe you're fine this way.
    GhostMerK wrote: »
    @YoloWizard

First off, thx for the guide. From what im learning (im very new to the game) its a great guide to follow so far. I do have a question though. When you explain the skill sections, you have 4 bars in total for AoE and Single Target. Do you just swap your skills out for those instances or am i missing something in game that gives me access to more than 2 bars?

Also could you post your passives as well? Im not sure if i should be going specific passives over others or not. Im not 100% sure how many skill points we get as im still learning about the game. But the help would be appreciated. Again, i appreciate the guide. My Sorc is alot of fun to play and its a good baseline for me to use to learn the game before experimenting with classes and what not.

You can have 3 bars by using power overload or energy overload on your back bar when activating this skill it allows this mystery "3rd" bar which you can utilize however you wish.

As far as passives are concerned, most passives should be taken in the 3 trees apart from the pet side of things, I don't use it personally and I don't see others running pets as they consuming too many valueable spots on the bars both main and off bar. In this case you should steer clear.

Luke
    PS4 Yellow Scum Dominion
    1600+ vMA runs and counting
    Magicka Sorc - Flawless - 544k Score
    Stam Sorc - Flawless - 559k Score
    Stam DK - FLAWLESS 512k Score
    Stam NB - 492k Score - Work in progress
    Magicka Temp - 482k Score

The Ozmeric Dominion (Oceanic) Australian Based Guild

vMA "guru" - VHRC - vSO - vSOHM - vDSA - vAA - vMOL
    The Maelstrom BIBLE for beginners/Flawless Achieve Below
    https://www.twitch.tv/lukumms/v/111730700
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/181142505

You have vMA questions? Want a guide? Helping hand? PM me!

Returns after 6 months back to back flawless
    https://go.twitch.tv/videos/180384648

• bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    GhostMerK wrote: »
    @YoloWizard

I have 300 skill points and have not gotten them all.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured