Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Heavy armor for a tank?

Pseudolo
Pseudolo
✭✭✭
I'd like to craft myself a set of vet 16 heavy armor, and I'd like your suggestions on which set to pursue and which traits and enchantments would you suggest. I'm a sword and shield tank and I'd like something that can be used mainly for PvE. I'm not very hardcore, so I'd like something balanced.
  • Madness1
    Madness1
    ✭✭✭
    Personally if I was going to be doing group PVE I'd go for the "Shalidor's Curse Set". I like that it gives you extra health, a decent amount of increased heal bonus, and healing from light attacks. I'd then couple that up with a few pieces that increases your max stam/mag depending on what one use most often. For the traits use Precise and Enchant your equipment with max health and max stam/mag (depending on what you use) to help your resources and you should be good to go in PVE.

For a solo experience I'd go for a set that buffs your health and your max main recource (stam/mag), with the same traits, and enchants that increases health, max mag/stam, and mag/stam regen. Something like the "Kagrenac's Hope Set" or the "Morkuldin Set" would do nicely.
    Edited by Madness1 on May 15, 2016 2:03PM
    What is the color of night?
    What is the color of the fox?
    Hail Sithis.
  • Pseudolo
    Pseudolo
    ✭✭✭
    I usually go for elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Vampire's+Kiss+Set that gives the same bonuses as shalidor's but gives you a heal for every kill. Do you know if I have to give the final blow to get the healing of if the group kills count as well? If they don't count then shalidor's is better. Also I put many points in stamina and magicka so I usually go for another health set and then use magicka and stamina glyphs along a couple of health ones. Does it seem viable to you?

Also precise goes on weapons, what about infused for the armor traits?
    Edited by Pseudolo on May 17, 2016 11:29AM
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Reinforced armour master, stack with shuffle and immovable brute and you're pretty god like. I use it with bloodspawn, defending maelstrom mace, heroic slash and I'm a nightblade, consuming darkness reduces damage by 60% heroic slash gives minor maim reducing damage by 15%. I can actually tank anything using this set up. Armour master is the best set though.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Pseudolo
    Pseudolo
    ✭✭✭
    Reinforced armour master, stack with shuffle and immovable brute and you're pretty god like. I use it with bloodspawn, defending maelstrom mace, heroic slash and I'm a nightblade, consuming darkness reduces damage by 60% heroic slash gives minor maim reducing damage by 15%. I can actually tank anything using this set up. Armour master is the best set though.

Quite good, thanks for the suggestion!
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armor Master is a good set, but be careful with it in case you are a templar tank. The 5 piece bonus can be a bit expensive for templars.
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

I mainly play a Tank (PvE): current dungeon/group build=

5pc Tava - gives ultimate when dodge- so slot MA skill "shuffle"
    5pc Bahara's Curse- jewelry and sword/shield (both bars)
    2pc Blood Spawn

Everybody loves to hear the frequent sound of War Horn...

Tava's = gain ultimate when dodge
    Heroic Slash = gain ultimate
    30pts of CP = gain ultimate when activate somebody's synergy
    (the blue floaty bubbles offer lots of chance to synergy)

i think there is a passive (or two) that also give ultimate...
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pseudolo wrote: »
    I usually go for elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Vampire's+Kiss+Set that gives the same bonuses as shalidor's but gives you a heal for every kill. Do you know if I have to give the final blow to get the healing of if the group kills count as well? If they don't count then shalidor's is better. Also I put many points in stamina and magicka so I usually go for another health set and then use magicka and stamina glyphs along a couple of health ones. Does it seem viable to you?

Also precise goes on weapons, what about infused for the armor traits?

If you are taunting the boss while your DPSes burn down the adds, sounds like it will never proc.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DaveMoeDee It doesnt matter wether it procs or not ..the proc is mostly useful in pvp where there is a -50% healing reduction.

..sure you can make it proc in pve mob fights, but the set contributes 0 to the fight, and the 954 healing it can proc on killing enemies is irrellevant, because healers usually cast HoT's around anyways, because they don't only focus on healing the tank but themselves and the 2 Damage Dealers too.
    • The 5th piece bonus gives you 954 health when you kill an enemy.
    • My Rapid Regeneration ticks for minimum 1.2k - 2.4k without spending any Champion Points in Blessed, and they heal before the enemy is dead and is still dealing damage to you.
  • Pseudolo
    Pseudolo
    ✭✭✭
    @DaveMoeDee does proc mean 5 pcs bonus go off? if so I'll go for shalidors, since it's similar and it works on light attacks.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @DaveMoeDee It doesnt matter wether it procs or not ..the proc is mostly useful in pvp where there is a -50% healing reduction.

..sure you can make it proc in pve mob fights, but the set contributes 0 to the fight, and the 954 healing it can proc on killing enemies is irrellevant, because healers usually cast HoT's around anyways, because they don't only focus on healing the tank but themselves and the 2 Damage Dealers too.
    • The 5th piece bonus gives you 954 health when you kill an enemy.
    • My Rapid Regeneration ticks for minimum 1.2k - 2.4k without spending any Champion Points in Blessed, and they heal before the enemy is dead and is still dealing damage to you.

Ah, yeah, that sounds pointless in PvE.