Stamina | Magicka counterbalance suggestion

• Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »
    Have you ever played in high end PvE? Stamina users are usually out of stamina in seconds.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V30st2C8Ulw

resources look fine to me

That's probably why s/he named her/his character 'Infinite DK'!
    Battle roar is a godsend for sustain. NB's siphoning is still okay, but got a real nerf. Though I'm still not sure how this 'end game PvE sustain' idea would support/refute the suggestion that stamina classes should be forced to use magicka for their heals
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you ever played in high end PvE? Stamina users are usually out of stamina in seconds.

That's only for Stam DK and even they have to use gear for sustain instead of maxing out DPS like Magicka builds.
    Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dday3six wrote: »
    Than it's a buff for PVE stampeople.

While it might be a buff, it won't help stamina builds that much as just keeping up mobility and DPS drains the entire stamina pool very fast. But on the other hand, it would limit the emergency buffs and heals of stamina builds.
    I didn't keep in mind that someone plays PvE in stamina where they don't have this advantage that they have in PvP.
    But anyway: vigor and rally aren't benefit from spamming them, keeping them up in predictable pve environment isn't really a big deal

In Maelstrom how is a Stamina build suppose to keep up Vigor pretty much all the time as required if it costs Magicka, while at the same time having enough Stamina to attack, block, and roll? All while having enough damage to actually get through the content?
    Drop 2 stat food, eat 3 stat food, should have in result 14k magicka if you don't have prismatic enchants.
    Vigor cost 2390 and it's 5 seconds duration. With 700 mag regen you will get 1400 magicka in it's duration+700 on top of it after a second which is 2100 magicka, when magicka drops to less than 50% values - eat tristat or magicka pot.

Magicka builds forced to roll-dodge or block on last boss so they do need to watch stamina and i don't see any reason why stamina builds should not save their magicka for something which is necessary.

Magicka has range, that the trade off. It's a massive boon for many areas of the game. Should Surprise Attack have a 22m range? Since otherwise I need to watch my spacing which means more dodging, blocking, sprinting, and gap closing than a Magicka build?

Many Stamina builds run the Orisinum Health + Stamina Regen food, so they'll need to make up that somewhere else likely losing a lot of damage output in the process. Or they could run the HP double regen food. For a loss of max Magicka, and needing a Perfect Roe per 4.

If they did use Tri-stat then most players would need more Magicka regen, since 700 is more than most Stamina builds have. I have 611 on my Reguard NB who has a 15% passive to regen.

Less access to Major Brutality or Savagery from Pots while using tripots to maintain. That'll at the least cost slots to make up.

Using NB as an example. I use Relentless Focus at 2373 Magicka pretty each fall off, and Siphoning Attacks at 2118 Magicka at least every 30s. I would not longer be able to do that if Vigor costs Magicka.

That's a lot to give up. Stamina's trade off is less often use of the utility Magicka provides, but they also have more actions drawing on their main stat pool. The experiences are not equal, and trying to shoehorn equalization of experience on Stamina or Magicka is just going to gimp one or both.

If you think the tradeoff is imbalanced the better answer would be to broaden the utility of Magicka. Rather than gimp Stamina trying to make it play like Magicka.
    So as magicka mele build i must just switch to range and hope that stambuild don't have gap closers at all? How will it help if i met stamblade who will just ambush+surprise attack between roll dodges?

Initial cost of rally and vigor can also be reconsidered to make them have reasonable cost.

Stamina builds are already paying the price by being forced to use one resource for mobility, defence and damage. The stamina builds are forced to choose between mobility and damage dealing, so essentially even stam builds can't do both together. At least Magicka builds get to use both resources for different purposes. Plus magicka builds have their own defences unlike stamina builds.
    What do we have as stamina abilities not class-related:
    Shield
    Heal
    Roll dodge
    Major evasion

What do we have as magicka abilities not class-related:
    Shield
    Heal

You missed something.

It's not "paying", it's making one pool to solve all problems, while magicka pool is mostly for buffs. Only sorc and nightblade can be considered as classes who have option to spend magicka into mobility, magplars and dk's don't have this option, and funny thing, stambuilds still can use and double take and streak, and does use them.

Several Magicka players run major evasion already. And the Bone Shield skill costs thrice of annulment and returns a lower value.
    Dodge roll is not stamina only.
    Roll dodge is stamina-only ability, if you was stupid enough to roll dodge with 9.9k stamina pool, you will have only 2 break-free in close perspective, so while fighting someone who spam knockdown uppercut morph you'll die in something like next 10 seconds. Shuffle is a stamina ability, i do run it but never recast it when i see stam poll is less than 50%, only after break free, which thanks to CP passive reduces next cast stam ability cost by 80% and anyway, since it cost stamina and price isn't small it's not available for 95% of magicka builds.

That's only for Stam DK and even they have to use gear for sustain instead of maxing out DPS like Magicka builds.
    i run in 5xSeducer and have one regen jewelry enchant, it's about sustain, doesn't it?
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on May 10, 2016 9:34PM
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While it might be a buff, it won't help stamina builds that much as just keeping up mobility and DPS drains the entire stamina pool very fast. But on the other hand, it would limit the emergency buffs and heals of stamina builds.
    I didn't keep in mind that someone plays PvE in stamina where they don't have this advantage that they have in PvP.
    But anyway: vigor and rally aren't benefit from spamming them, keeping them up in predictable pve environment isn't really a big deal

In Maelstrom how is a Stamina build suppose to keep up Vigor pretty much all the time as required if it costs Magicka, while at the same time having enough Stamina to attack, block, and roll? All while having enough damage to actually get through the content?
    Drop 2 stat food, eat 3 stat food, should have in result 14k magicka if you don't have prismatic enchants.
    Vigor cost 2390 and it's 5 seconds duration. With 700 mag regen you will get 1400 magicka in it's duration+700 on top of it after a second which is 2100 magicka, when magicka drops to less than 50% values - eat tristat or magicka pot.

Magicka builds forced to roll-dodge or block on last boss so they do need to watch stamina and i don't see any reason why stamina builds should not save their magicka for something which is necessary.

Magicka has range, that the trade off. It's a massive boon for many areas of the game. Should Surprise Attack have a 22m range? Since otherwise I need to watch my spacing which means more dodging, blocking, sprinting, and gap closing than a Magicka build?

Many Stamina builds run the Orisinum Health + Stamina Regen food, so they'll need to make up that somewhere else likely losing a lot of damage output in the process. Or they could run the HP double regen food. For a loss of max Magicka, and needing a Perfect Roe per 4.

If they did use Tri-stat then most players would need more Magicka regen, since 700 is more than most Stamina builds have. I have 611 on my Reguard NB who has a 15% passive to regen.

Less access to Major Brutality or Savagery from Pots while using tripots to maintain. That'll at the least cost slots to make up.

Using NB as an example. I use Relentless Focus at 2373 Magicka pretty each fall off, and Siphoning Attacks at 2118 Magicka at least every 30s. I would not longer be able to do that if Vigor costs Magicka.

That's a lot to give up. Stamina's trade off is less often use of the utility Magicka provides, but they also have more actions drawing on their main stat pool. The experiences are not equal, and trying to shoehorn equalization of experience on Stamina or Magicka is just going to gimp one or both.

If you think the tradeoff is imbalanced the better answer would be to broaden the utility of Magicka. Rather than gimp Stamina trying to make it play like Magicka.
    So as magicka mele build i must just switch to range and hope that stambuild don't have gap closers at all? How will it help if i met stamblade who will just ambush+surprise attack between roll dodges?

Initial cost of rally and vigor can also be reconsidered to make them have reasonable cost.

So are we talking about PVE or PVP. I mentioned Maelstrom, and how you're suggestions would screw Stamina builds there. Why are we switching to PVP rather than addressing directly the same content?

Nevertheless, in PVP Stamina relies heavily on Magicka for utility. Let's use NB again. At the very least they'll use Mass Hysteria, but also potentially Cloak, Double Take/Mirage, Piercing Mark, Relentless Focus, Siphoning Attacks, and Shadow Image. So Magicka is important, and poor management can and will get you killed.

As far as what to do. Well, first if you're a Melee Magicka build you're not focused on ranged. You'll have a gap closer of your own, and any decent build will have CC. The range comment was directed toward PVE. In PVP Stamina pulls from Magicka for limited utility. On the otherside Magicka uses Stamina to block, dodge, and break-free. The balance is that Magicka has access to greater utility more frequently, while Stamina can block, dodge, and break-free more often. Again if the trade isn't balance adjust the utility of Magicka.
    Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So are we talking about PVE or PVP. I mentioned Maelstrom, and how you're suggestions would screw Stamina builds there. Why are we switching to PVP rather than addressing directly the same content?

Nevertheless, in PVP Stamina relies heavily on Magicka for utility. Let's use NB again. At the very least they'll use Mass Hysteria, but also potentially Cloak, Double Take/Mirage, Piercing Mark, Relentless Focus, Siphoning Attacks, and Shadow Image. So Magicka is important, and poor management can and will get you killed.

As far as what to do. Well, first if you're a Melee Magicka build you're not focused on ranged. You'll have a gap closer of your own, and any decent build will have CC. The range comment was directed toward PVE. In PVP Stamina pulls from Magicka for limited utility. On the otherside Magicka uses Stamina to block, dodge, and break-free. The balance is that Magicka has access to greater utility more frequently, while Stamina can block, dodge, and break-free more often. Again if the trade isn't balance adjust the utility of Magicka.
    You've mentioned 7 abilities with magicka cost out of 10, add rally and vigor and we have 1 open slot for something which deals damage, awesome! What about not to locking into one perspective i can't watch for every nickname to differ them.
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on May 10, 2016 9:40PM
    Options
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You've mentioned 7 abilities with magicka cost out of 10, add rally and vigor and we have 1 open slot for something which deals damage, awesome! What about not to locking into one perspective and i can't watch for every nickname to differ this perspectives

When I go on my stamblade for PvP I use:

Cloak
    Fear
    Relentless focus

I can get about 3/4 casts off before I'm pretty much out... and I use them constantly
    Dominion

Covenant

Pact

Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You've mentioned 7 abilities with magicka cost out of 10, add rally and vigor and we have 1 open slot for something which deals damage, awesome! What about not to locking into one perspective and i can't watch for every nickname to differ this perspectives

Clearly a Stamina NB would not run all those skills at once. The point was that in PVP Stamina builds use Magicka skills to fill holes in their kits. They have limited use of those so Magicka management is important. Just like with Magicka builds having limited Stamina, thus making Stamina managament important.

I'm going to be honest. It really seems like you're suffering L2P issues laced with a desire to punish Stamina builds for your own failings. I rarely go to that, but at this point is seems pretty clear in my opinion.
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

this....

Clearly a Stamina NB would not run all those skills at once. The point was that in PVP Stamina builds use Magicka skills to fill holes in their kits. They have limited use of those so Magicka management is important. Just like with Magicka builds having limited Stamina, thus making Stamina managament important.

I'm going to be honest. It really seems like you're suffering L2P issues laced with a desire to punish Stamina builds for your own failings. I rarely go to that, but at this point is seems pretty clear in my opinion.

and this
    Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »

Cloak
    Fear
    Relentless focus

I can get about 3/4 casts off before I'm pretty much out... and I use them constantly
    Add syphoning attack and you can drop a little passive sustain into damage

I didn't seen any skills which required for stam build survivability, that they use it for buffs isn't makes it comparable to stamina from magicka perspective.
    Options
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... are we being trolled?
    Dominion

Covenant

Pact

Options
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... are we being trolled?
    Of course, since you thinking that lost of stamina while spending it only on breakfree is l2p issue.
    Options
  • bowmanz607
    bowmanz607
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cloak
    Fear
    Relentless focus

Add syphoning attack and you can drop a little passive sustain into damage

I didn't seen any skills which required for stam build survivability, that they use it for buffs isn't makes it comparable to stamina from magicka perspective.

some skills directly related to combat survivability whether you like to admit it or not.

cloak, wings, blur, major resistance buffs, crit surge, shadow image, dragon blood, any mag cc im sure there are many more.

trying to regulate survivability simply to dodgeing and blocking is a joke and simple not a practical experience. Perhaps because your running mag builds you do not realise this because you do not have to worry about your resources for that. This is especially true because it is much easier for a mag build t keep their mag pool up than it is for a stam build to keep their stam pool up.
    Options
  • dday3six
    dday3six
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm going to reset on account of long quote was long.

I listed Mass Hysteria, Cloak, Double Take/Mirage, Piercing Mark, Relenteless Focus, Siphoning Attacks, and Shadow Imagine.

You believe none of those are survival tools?

Out numbered a NB uses Mass Hysteria to reset and stablize. That's not a survival tool?

Covered in DOTs, and low on health a NB uses Cloak and pops Vigor + Rally to heal up. That's not a survival tool?

Double Take for the speed boost, Shadow Imagine teleport to reposition while that could be used for offense, it could be also use for breathing room to heal or escape.

Mirage gives Minor Resolves and Ward, increases to armor and spell resistances. It's a defense buff.

Siphon Attacks feeds Magicka to help cast Magicka skills.

Relentless Focus is used for Stamina regen, if you go OOS you're dead.

How do you not see that the utility I've been speaking of is in part survivability. Utility is multipurpose, so many of these skills can be used offensively. However that doesn't make them not be survival skills too.
    Options
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reason because this 'disparity' is that we need to use a lot of utility spells that costs magicka in our bars, A stamina nightbalde needs cloak, relentless focus, mass hysteria, shades, siphoning attacks, double take, reaper mark, how is that 'not caring about magicka pool at all' ?? what skills that cost stamina do you have on your bar?
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
    Options
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uhm...

I dont know what you are on about OP. I play stam builds and I DO care about my mag pool when im on my stam toon. For My dk its wings, igenous etc. Both of those cost like 3k+ magicka. On my NB its all about the cloak....

Vigor and rally are sub par compared to magicka heals + shields but to make up for it we get to dodge roll and use shuffle. All in all, any decent PvP-er regardless of what their main spec is, give due diligence to the other resource (ie mag if your stam, and stam if your mag) for utility and buffs.

You seem to think stam dosent need to care about mag because all our defences are tied to stam. But here's the real kicker;

1. Stam toons share the same resource pool for both offense and defence (mostly).
    2. Block = 0 stam regen
    3. Dodge roll = increasing cost
    4. Therefore, If you block 2 attacks and dodge roll x2 and then break free once for example --> your stam pool is going to be severely smaller (close to 0) leaving you open to that much more damage and what's worse is that now you cant even go on the offence....

Meanwhile my sorc -> dodge roll --> streak + healing + hardened ward = winz. I dont lose any stam regen or mag regen...
    Or my mag blade --> dodge roll -> cloak cloak cloak cloak --> healing ward --> dodge roll --> cloak cloak etc etc and my mag pool is completely fine cos I dont have to worry about 0 mag regen......
    Edited by Vangy on May 11, 2016 6:12AM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
    Options
  • acw37162
    acw37162
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only No, Hell No.
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The person said "High end PvE" this is high end, minmaxed.
    Nightblades and Dragonknights are fine with Stamina, Templars are too, ever Sorcerers are fine with Stamina if they are using their skills right.
    Like you said though in High End PvE Stamina is not going to be an issue, if you're having trouble with your resources something is wrong.
    #MOREORBS
    Options