The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you want the new visual clue for blocking?

• Stoltverd
    Stoltverd
    ✭✭✭
    No, I don't want it. At least make it an optional setting, please!
    Wut??? What do you mean "a bump"????
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's ugly, but I don't know why it's there. Expecially for non-magical melee characters it's unwanted.
  • Stoltverd
    Stoltverd
    ✭✭✭
    Such persistance, so bumpy
  • TheSpaceWhale
    TheSpaceWhale
    ✭✭
    <3 Just want to say thank you ZOS for removing this from first-person. <3 Good enough for me!

Long-term, toggles for all of these glowing feet and bows and shields would still be nice.
  • BenLocoDete
    BenLocoDete
    ✭✭✭
    My wishes have been granted as well, thanks ZOS for the removal of the shield, although a toggle would be welcome, I don't like it for 3rd person either ;)
    [slit]Throat[/slit]
  • Stoltverd
    Stoltverd
    ✭✭✭
    What are you guys talking about? it's still there. In third person AND in first person. You seem to be experiencing a bug... ONE I WANT!!! T-T
  • Stoltverd
    Stoltverd
    ✭✭✭
    i envy you so much...
    Really... You have no idea...
    it's a shame however that both of you seem to be an isolated case and its just for first person (tho i would NEVER leave first person in that case)
  • TheSpaceWhale
    TheSpaceWhale
    ✭✭
    They answered in ESO Live today that they would be removing it from first-person view. Presumably coming in a future patch.
  • Stoltverd
    Stoltverd
    ✭✭✭
    I just don't get why don't they make it a toggle in both views...
  • KochDerDamonen
    KochDerDamonen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toggle!

Just, ugh.
    If you quote someone, and intend for them to see what you have said, be sure to Mention them with @[insert name].
  • Stoltverd
    Stoltverd
    ✭✭✭
    Also... Does that mean that we'll see everyone else using it? D:D:D:
  • Stoltverd
    Stoltverd
    ✭✭✭
    They know that inconsistency kills immersion right?
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They answered in ESO Live today that they would be removing it from first-person view. Presumably coming in a future patch.

They need to make it a toggle for both views. Removing it from one mode and keeping it in the other, is just inconsisent and basically forcing people into 1st person if they don't like the shield.
    Edited by Kendaric on July 9, 2016 8:53AM
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • slumber_sandb16_ESO
      slumber_sandb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      Add a toggle to disable it.
    • Stoltverd
      Stoltverd
      ✭✭✭
      And a toggle for others!!!
      Other people may keep it...
      But seeing it on others is also immersion breaking.
    • TheSpaceWhale
      TheSpaceWhale
      ✭✭
      If I had to guess, they're just disabling it in first-person because it's easy to implement. Having different animations for first & third person view are already coded into the game, and 2.4.0 originally had no indicator in first-person view, so the coding work is done. AFAIK nowhere in the game are combat animations toggleable-by-person; for instance, you can toggle your helmet or mount upgrades off, but those are universal, everyone sees that change. I imagine implement a person-specific toggle for a combat animation would require a good chunk of new coding. All the other toggles in-game are all GUI-based, not combat animations.

So I'm happy with this compromise for now, and it's good to know they're listening, but I still think it would be worthwhile long-term to add options to disable ALL these combat indicator animations. This game has a lot of roleplayers and immersion-focused players, and it would be great if ZOS showed them some love on the UI customization front by redirecting some of the resources that had worked on other UI elements like SCT, nameplates, etc.
    • Stoltverd
      Stoltverd
      ✭✭✭
      I agree this is better than nothing...
      But I won't settle for the scraps!
      If it's oh so hard to make it a toggle... Remove it completely.
      It was already in in PvP. Where its actually useful. In PvE it serves no purpose except when you are doing a dungeon, and then it just allows you to call *** on those that say they are blocking when not...
      A *** totally useless feature that no one asked for and no one wanted!!!! And to add to that... Why call *** on those guys? Probably they really though they were blocking. But OK. Let's say they are all trolls and you are *** so you can't use the report button so the indicator is really needed a n dungeons... Did they have to ruin the rest of the PvE experience because of dungeons????

Also we can't settle for this scrap!!!! As you said, the coding was already done so they don't have to do *** to remove it from first person...
      If we settle for this, we will never see a toggle for the bow heavy attack indicator, or the stamina glow on rolls, or this!!!! They'll go "we listen to the community. We did what you asked. Stop complaining"
      My country is *** up because my people settle for scraps thrown by the government. I won't. This is a halfassed solution, a lazy one and a bad one. If you can't make the toggle everyone is asking for... Remove it completely.
      No one asked for it, no one wanted it. And those few that like it now won't really miss it later because it wasn't needed!!!!
      If it was needed, people would have asked for it in the time the game has been out!!!!
    • Stoltverd
      Stoltverd
      ✭✭✭
      That patch had the potential to be the best... Poison, DB, Kvatch... Etc.
      But they had to ruin it with unnecessary, unwanted and untoggleable "features".
      Bow heavy attack indicator, blocking indicator, account name at the side of character name (why have *** character names at all then?).
      Are you really happy with this " compromise"?
      It's like if you were aa starving peasant, ask for food for 2 months, the king throws you a half eaten chicken leg (while he continues feasting) and you *** worship him.
    • Stoltverd
      Stoltverd
      ✭✭✭
      :(
      @ZOS_JessicaFolsom please. A word?
    • OdinBerserk
      I think it should stay. We should also get a personal AI installed into our armour that says "you are blocking" because lets be honest, we're all too stupid to know when we're blocking.

We should also receive a confirmation in the mail that we are blocking, much like the one that reminds us we are cp160 because we always forget.
    • Niastissa
      Niastissa
      ✭✭✭
      Feynn wrote: »
      If you have played on the PTS you must have seen the new visual clue for blocking. It looks like this:

nUyFOJB.png
      (picture posted by @Aleraon )

Do you want this thing to go live? Or do you also find it terribly ugly and immersion-breaking to have this weird shield thing come up whenever you block, no matter which weapon you are using? Feel free to explain your reasons.

The shield being raised or my swords being crossed is all that is required.
    • Stoltverd
      Stoltverd
      ✭✭✭
      Something I just realized (because I never use shields in any game). What's the point of designing cool shields or using them if you are going to get them covered by this thing?
    • ContraTempo
      ContraTempo
      ✭✭✭✭
      IMO every time they add a new feature or take away an old one they should first stop and think, "Wait...should we make this a toggle?" Assume the answer is always YES unless there is a compelling reason not to.

photodune-2391799-chrome-switch-xs-e1347788913390.jpeg

ContraTempo
      Carpe DM
      Seize the Dungeon Master

• MythicEmperor
      MythicEmperor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I would like if they completely disabled it, making the game more visually appealing and realistic. A toggle would be good at the very least, however.
      With cold regards,
      Mythic

Favorite Characters:
      Kilith Telvayn, Dunmer Telvanni Sorcerer (main)
      Kilith, Dunmer Magblade (old main)
      Vadusa Venim, Dunmer crafter (older main)
      Hir Hlaalu, Dunmer Warden
      Søren Icehelm, N'wah Warden
      Fargoth of Morrowind, Bosmer commoner
    • Stoltverd
      Stoltverd
      ✭✭✭
      See ZOS???
      SEE?????????
      @ZOS_JessicaFolsom please!!! Disabling it only in first person mode is not the answer!
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      @ZOS_GinaBruno: Now that you've removed it from 1st person mode, can we please get a toggle for it and the other "christmas tree" effects (dodge roll, glowing arms/weapons from buffs) in 3rd person mode?
      It's really annoying and immersion-breaking.
        PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      • Stoltverd
        Stoltverd
        ✭✭✭
        @Kendaric it hasn't been removed yet. We were promised that... Ok not even promised.
        but it hasn't happened yet. And tbh... it's a halfassed solution as i stated before.
      • Kendaric
        Kendaric
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Stoltverd wrote: »
        @Kendaric it hasn't been removed yet. We were promised that... Ok not even promised.
        but it hasn't happened yet. And tbh... it's a halfassed solution as i stated before.

Are you sure? The patch notes hint at it, though I've not tested it yet as I refuse to play in 1st person mode.
        • Banana
          Banana
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          So many comments and nothing. Looks like another crap change is here to stay.
        • Stoltverd
          Stoltverd
          ✭✭✭
          @Kendaric seems they DID remove in the latest PTS patch.
          However I think this is a halfassed solution and I find it unacceptable!