The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Traits/Mundus for Law of Julianos set

Scylos
Scylos
Hi guys,

I am V16 magica based sorc. Recently I've crafted myself Law of Julianos set for endgame PvE with all divines traits. Chest and legs are yellow. My mundus stone is thief and crit chance is 70 %. Max magica 34755. Damage with staff 1669 and AOE spell damage with dual wielding daggers with precise trait is 2253. I've red that Thief with full divines is nice for end game PvE so I've crafted set with divines. But also some people say its better to put infused on 3 pieces and divines on rest. Some also say that full infused is better for Law of Julianos. My friend says I should go for The Mage mundus stone with all divines. What is your opinion about it guys ? I hope I did not make some kind of mistake with the crafting traits I've used.

Thank you
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you trying to eek out the last 1% of numbers? If the answer is no, don't worry about, go with Divines all pieces or go Infused on the 3 Large and Divines the 4 small, it will all get you to your goal, which is mowing down the mobs.

Also, there is a huge overhaul to traits coming in DB, so perhaps the Divine/Infused or all Divines gets thrown out the window. Well, for those who are trying to eek out the last 1% of numbers.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Scylos
    Scylos
    Nestor wrote: »
    Are you trying to eek out the last 1% of numbers? If the answer is no, don't worry about, go with Divines all pieces or go Infused on the 3 Large and Divines the 4 small, it will all get you to your goal, which is mowing down the mobs.

Also, there is a huge overhaul to traits coming in DB, so perhaps the Divine/Infused or all Divines gets thrown out the window. Well, for those who are trying to eek out the last 1% of numbers.

Nah I I am not looking for those last 1% of numbers. Just to pull good dps for vet dungeons. Is Mage or Thief better ? I am currently on Thief mundus and I get the job done without problems :) ty for your reply Nestor
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scylos wrote: »

Nah I I am not looking for those last 1% of numbers. Just to pull good dps for vet dungeons. Is Mage or Thief better ? I am currently on Thief mundus and I get the job done without problems :) ty for your reply Nestor

Not really sure, but here is a quick and easy and cheap way to test. Make each set in White (unimproved) at some rank you can get a good supply of mats for. Your not comparing your character before and after, your comparing the two sets on your character. Make the gear in each Trait, well, in this case, make the Legs, Chest and Head in both Infused and divines. Put Magic Glyphs on only the 3 large pieces as those are the only ones that will change.

Then you can swap out the gear and see the differences between the two on your character sheet. I suppose your going for max magic, so that is really all you need to look at. Then once you see which one gives the most bang at the base, make it at the level you need and improve it.

Someone around here did all the math, I think the thread is Combat Tips section.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Mysticman
    Mysticman
    ✭✭✭
    Thief mundus all the way
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The advice to do infused on large and divines on small was valid a year ago. But things have changed since then, most notably the Thief and Shadow stones are much more potent than before. As a result, end-game PvE DPS is all-divines with thief. The trait overhaul in the upcoming DB DLC does not change this formula.
    Edited by code65536 on April 29, 2016 6:47PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe daggers do not affect spell crit only weapon crit so you would be better off dual swords, also divines on all pieces.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Scylos I'm same as you not worried about the 0.1% gains but want to be in the ballpark anyway, @Nestor 's advice up there ^ is sound as ever to test it.The thread he mentioned is the Sorc Arithmatic by the mighty @Asayre which is here

http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/pts-2-1-2-sorcerer-arithmagic/

Off the top of my head if you are running Thief divines make sense if Mage then Infused gives a bigger gain.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Daveheart
    Daveheart
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you already went divines, you're doing great. Divines and Thief will net you the biggest DPS boosts out of your set. As @code65536 mentioned earlier, the small-divines/big-infused setup was the recommendation before the buffs to shadow and thief. Because of those buffs, you're best off never really messing with the Mage or Apprentice stones.

Also, as @Mush55 mentioned, for the dual wield passives, only swords really grant any benefit for magicka damage. The 5% additional tooltip damage is very significant. The only thing daggers will do is make your light/heavy attacks crit slightly more often.
    Daggerfall Covenant (PC-NA)

The Order of Mundus | Nightfighters
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Learnt some stuff there ^ :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • KingWhyteboi
    KingWhyteboi
    ✭✭✭
    Scylos wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I am V16 magica based sorc. Recently I've crafted myself Law of Julianos set for endgame PvE with all divines traits. Chest and legs are yellow. My mundus stone is thief and crit chance is 70 %. Max magica 34755. Damage with staff 1669 and AOE spell damage with dual wielding daggers with precise trait is 2253. I've red that Thief with full divines is nice for end game PvE so I've crafted set with divines. But also some people say its better to put infused on 3 pieces and divines on rest. Some also say that full infused is better for Law of Julianos. My friend says I should go for The Mage mundus stone with all divines. What is your opinion about it guys ? I hope I did not make some kind of mistake with the crafting traits I've used.

Thank you

is that not on food your max mag is really low?
    v16 dark elf temp
    v16 imperial nb
    v16 khajiit nb
    v16 imperial dk
    v16 high elf sorc
    v16 breton temp
    v16 high elf nb
    v16 dark elf dk
  • AtraisMachina
    AtraisMachina
    ✭✭✭
    Ive tested highest in pve running 40k+ magika and 70% crit. Without maelstrom and dependin on ur bar set up id try and get up to around 2.8k spell on destro and around 3.5k spell on ur duel bar buffed. I think how you get there is irrelevent. I personally run thief 1infused 6 divines
    Edited by AtraisMachina on May 3, 2016 4:02AM
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my attacks crit in the combat log with about 60% crit chance using thief. So am wondering if the thief mundus is overkill rather than shadow.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Loads of good advice in here.

Daggers do nothing for magica by the way. It's only swords thay give extra damage.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divines on all 7 items, penetration on single target bar, precise on mob bar, and if your crit is high go with shadow.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still don't understand how a 60% crit chance on the character sheet means "crit all the time". Is this a bug?