The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Surprised more people haven't complained about Poisons

leepalmer95
leepalmer95
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Just looking at some of these psn's.... There 'slightly' OP.

Anyone mind posting a few of them.
Edited by ZOS_AlanG on April 27, 2016 1:16PM
PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Poisons are "Fed-UP" OP. If they go live like this than good by smallscale and ESPECIALLY SOLO. Simply because you can STACK different poisons on 1 person.

This is just one example of how broken they are.
    cc6a507fee4f38b20ddc7e8917e89060.png
    Edited by Alcast on April 26, 2016 10:37PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Hookgrin
    Hookgrin
    ✭✭✭
    KNOWN ISSUES

Poison-Making
    • Poison effects are intended to become weaker (diluted) as the number of effects on the potion increases. This behavior is not yet working as intended, so potions with multiple effects are currently much stronger than they should be.
    • The drain effect on certain poison types is not currently applied correctly.
    • Poisons currently scale their effects with the level of your equipped weapon, instead of correctly scaling with the poison itself.
    • Poison tooltips often have inaccurate damage and healing values.
    • Several poisons currently have names that do not match their effect. 
      • For example, a poison that immobilizes your target may be called a Stun poison.

Much work to be done.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How are the poisons used?
    PS4 Pro NA
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    How are the poisons used?

Basically you get an extra equip slot, the poison will suppress your enchants on your weps, apart from maelstrom which still receive the dmg bonus.
    PS4 EU DC

• ZOS_AlanG
    ZOS_AlanG
    admin
    We've edited the title of this thread, and removed the discussion PSN as an abbreviation for poison since it had driven the thread off topic.

Regarding the original topic, as Hookgrin has pointed out, poisons are currently much stronger than intended, and this is being worked out. However, we still appreciate any feedback on their functionality.
    Edited by ZOS_AlanG on April 27, 2016 3:20PM
    Forum Rules | Promoting Constructive Discussion | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Help Site

I’ve moved to a new position and I am no longer active on this forum. For assistance, please check the resources linked above
    Staff Post
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it adds a really cool dynamic, mixing up the type of damage you can do etc. Right now PvP everyone runs similar builds / traits etc
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_AlanG Thanks for the reply and the clarification.

However I did point some different concerns about poisons on my other thread with my first impressions...

I think that the 3 things I'd think are mostly annoying (for me) are:

1- Perhaps poisons deserved a new passive of their own in the Alchemy skill line? Just an idea ;)

2- Isn't it weird that poisons use the positive effects of plants, just like potions do? Why would the mix that usually heals become a life drain? At least for me it sounds fairly obvious and intuitive that poisons should use the negative effects... Like, you want a life damaging poison? You mix Ravage Health plants. This would not only be more intuitive but would also make some of the currently overlooked plants (that are considered bad for their negative effects) useful! :D

3- I don't think there should be drain effects of any kind for poisons. It's weird that a poison would not only damage my enemy (of course, he was touched by the poisoned weapon) but also heal me? Why would a poison on my weapon heal me?
    I think this make them less unique and just turns them into fancy, temporary enchantments.

Anyway, that's my feedback for poisons :)
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DaniAngione , really good suggestions, I like them all. As poisons stand right now, even if they're toned down a little, there's no reason not to use them instead of the enchants on your weapons. Every one would use poisons and then effectively rendering a skill, (enchanting), that's already difficult to achieve lvl 50 in, more or less useless.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The issue with poisons is that they consume one "bottle" per light or heavy attack... while it's useful for boss fights or speed dungeon runs or pvp duels / ganking.
    Else, unless you're ready to craft thousands of them, and spend all your gold on ingredients, you'd better unequip them and fight with your weapon enchant.
    But overall I love those poison. Outstanding design.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on April 27, 2016 1:47PM
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @DaniAngione , really good suggestions, I like them all. As poisons stand right now, even if they're toned down a little, there's no reason not to use them instead of the enchants on your weapons. Every one would use poisons and then effectively rendering a skill, (enchanting), that's already difficult to achieve lvl 50 in, more or less useless.

Wait tho this is only on a weapon right? So you still have armor enchantments. plus what if you are fighting something that has high resistance to poison? Then youd want to turn it off. or what if you run out of poison? Still lots of use for enchantments.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait tho this is only on a weapon right? So you still have armor enchantments. plus what if you are fighting something that has high resistance to poison? Then youd want to turn it off. or what if you run out of poison? Still lots of use for enchantments.

It's not the actual dmg of poisons that is very strong.

It's the utility of them. Increase stam/magicka costs by 30% is very strong. Increase ult costs by 30%. Remove major sorc/brut, snare, etc... They are very very strong.
    PS4 EU DC

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It's not the actual dmg of poisons that is very strong.

It's the utility of them. Increase stam/magicka costs by 30% is very strong. Increase ult costs by 30%. Remove major sorc/brut, snare, etc... They are very very strong.

There is a post someplace about them being more powerful or appearing more powerful than they will be once it goes live. That being said its not like an enchantment. You will have to buy poison "pots" (I dont know if they are actually pots) which deplete over time. Enchantments you just recharge the weapon. So it doesnt make enchanting useless by any means. They dont go on armor like I said for example and if you run out of poison prob going to want an enchantment on your wep as well.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    cc6a507fee4f38b20ddc7e8917e89060.png

Wow, these seem...excessive.
    Edited by Armitas on April 27, 2016 2:55PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Emperor's and tanky pvp builds are probably gonna get hurt the most by these poisons, anyone that gets zerged down or focused a lot by a number of people will have some very strong debuffs on them which could ruin their build entirely.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on April 27, 2016 3:03PM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    Alcast wrote: »

Wow, these seem...excessive.

In that same thread a developer or mod states that the tooltips are in error and also the values are in error.

• RocDonald
    RocDonald
    ✭✭✭
    I would've like to see poisons used like AoEs, toss a fear bomb, or snare or poison gas or whatever. They could be used in the potion slot ,1 click for circle/targeting, 2nd for execute. These weapon ones seem ok too, but probably just a little over complicated :)
  • oibam
    oibam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy farming :)

Weapon attacks and the weapon abilities will procc poison every 5 sec.

I hope, poison can not stack. Imagine you get affected by several different poisons - raging threads incoming!

ea8d2b-1461675949.jpg

1762a8-1461676231.jpg

Edited by oibam on April 27, 2016 3:17PM
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wish people would read the part where Zeni have stated multi-impact poisons are currently bugged to be stronger than intended.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »
    wish people would read the part where Zeni have stated multi-impact poisons are currently bugged to be stronger than intended.

Ive even said it in this thread but they choose to ignore I guess.
  • ginoboehm
    ginoboehm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »
    We've edited the title of this thread, and removed the discussion PSN as an abbreviation for poison since it had driven the thread off topic.

Regarding the original topic, as Hookgrin has pointed out, poisons are currently much stronger than intended, and this is being worked out. However, we still appreciate any feedback on their functionality.

yeah never let 2 poisons stack on one player. that is just basic logic.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is purgable, right?
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    It is purgable, right?

Good question. I dont know I dont have time to get on PTS but hopefully someone can answer this.
  • genjutsu_kami
    genjutsu_kami
    ✭✭✭
    it is broken and does to much damage it needs to be brought down by a lot
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks interesting. Will effects stack from different characters?
  • mr_wazzabi
    mr_wazzabi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will woodelves and argonians have innate resistance to these "poisons", or is it only "poison damage" that they have resistance to?
    Bosmer Stamina NB
    Altmer Magicka TEMP
    Dunmer DK both stam/mag (depends what I feel like)
    Altmer Magicka NB
    Breton Magicka Sorc
    Redguard Stam Sorc
    Max CP
  • glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

Sure multi effect potions are currently bugged.
    But don't you think a single effect potion with +30% cost to enemy magicka, while restoring 2.8k to yourself is totally friggin over the top??????
    And I really really really don't think the 30% will become less because they fix the bug that poisons are currently effected by weapon power....... Only straight damage will be affected by that.
  • abelsgmx
    abelsgmx
    ✭✭✭
    Why just only remove this crap? This game is turnin
    ZOS_AlanG wrote: »

Why not just remove them?
    Edited by abelsgmx on August 14, 2016 5:31AM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    abelsgmx wrote: »

Because some people (incl. me) just love them ? They offer a much greater variety and flexibility than enchants and are extremely fun to play.
    Why do you want them removed ? If you don't like them, don't use them. Problem solved.

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    abelsgmx wrote: »

Because some people (incl. me) just love them ? They offer a much greater variety and flexibility than enchants and are extremely fun to play.
    Why do you want them removed ? If you don't like them, don't use them. Problem solved.

Because some of them are just obviously op.

60% resource cost increase? Please justify that for me.

I remember when they was 30% people said they was a bit strong then so zos answer was the ignore players opinions like usual and double it.

PS4 EU DC

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because some of them are just obviously op.

60% resource cost increase? Please justify that for me.

I remember when they was 30% people said they was a bit strong then so zos answer was the ignore players opinions like usual and double it.

If poisons were THAT OP everyone would use them. Obviously that's not the case since many players prefer to keep their enchants.
    Here's your demonstration.