Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Wolf Mount

• NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    NovaMarx wrote: »
    I don't see why there can't be larger Alpha wolves out there, that can be tamed and ridden.

A bit of a contradiction there. You can't tame an alpha, otherwise it wouldn't be. In captivity, its owner would be the alpha unless the animal were given a reason to believe otherwise.

The text says they're "bred for size," which means that to get to this particular type, they simply mated the largest animals they could find. There would still be normal sized wolves in the litter, but over time there would be more large wolves produced.

The only problems here is that there came a point where they started mating similar-looking siblings and relatives, severely decreasing the genetic diversity. And these are likely closer to wolfdogs than wild wolves, especially if they were mated with domestic dogs for one or more generations.

This is why explanations can be worse than just saying "Wolf! Neat!"

Ok... I was jusy trying, like others, to find a lore-friendly explanation for giant wolves :smile: But apparently I should apologise for the use of the word "Alpha" (I am not a dog/wolf expert), as it seems to have offended you in some way :tongue: Or do I just smell :trollface:

Have a great day either way :wink:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
    Options
  • waterfairy
    waterfairy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you take a pic next to someone on a bear and horse for comparison? The wolf looks huge.
    Grunim wrote: »
    Mojmir wrote: »
    What does it do when you hit jump while standing still?

It does a wonderfully long howl. I enjoyed making it howl repeatedly when I visited PTS today. It's a very cool mount :)

That's a double edge right there...it's cool on 1 side but then you have to think about how everyone will be parked on their wolf howling in town.
    Edited by waterfairy on April 26, 2016 6:09PM
    Options
  • Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    Got to admit, the white wolf looks great. Still no videos of the wolf mounts yet? :D

No, and it is starting to seriously get on my nerves. >_< I need to see a proper showing off of it, I need to hear its howl! :'(
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2710+
    Options
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This khajiit might enjoy putting the spurs to the flanks of the inferior canine.
    ;)
    Xbox NA
    Options
  • IOUAT
    IOUAT
    ✭✭✭
    my body is ready DX
    Options
  • Nogawd
    Nogawd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    Got to admit, the white wolf looks great. Still no videos of the wolf mounts yet? :D

No, and it is starting to seriously get on my nerves. >_< I need to see a proper showing off of it, I need to hear its howl! :'(

Elloa made one days ago......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMD_upU2BvA
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is it just me or does the mount itself look massive? Could it be the camera angle? Non the less still looks sweet.

Direwolf! You know nothing Jon Snow...

Edit: Bah @Elloa beat me to it with a video of course :p
    Edited by nimander99 on April 29, 2016 9:06PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options