Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The Wolf Mount

• Aerius_Sygale
    Aerius_Sygale
    ✭✭✭✭
    Grunim wrote: »
    Mojmir wrote: »
    What does it do when you hit jump while standing still?

It does a wonderfully long howl. I enjoyed making it howl repeatedly when I visited PTS today. It's a very cool mount :)

Oh damn it does it for a good number of seconds, not like..2, but more? Glorious! Damn it, I need video of it... *attempts to calm down* All in all, Dark Brotherhood patch in itself is bringing so much goodness... I love the stamina changes, and dire wolves for Pack Leader, and Call of the Pack actually becoming a useful passive! The patch is looking very wolfy~ <3
    PS4/PS5, NA | PSN: AeriusSygale | Alliance War Rank 50 (Grand Overlord Grade 2) | CP: 2710+
    Options
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So is the head piece just sitting on the direwolves head or am I blind and dont see a strap to keep it on the direwolf?
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
    Options
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

It does a wonderfully long howl. I enjoyed making it howl repeatedly when I visited PTS today. It's a very cool mount :)

How exactly do you make it howl? My Wolf mount was silent the whole time. :(

Press the jump button while stationary.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
    Options
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seraseth wrote: »
    I really Like the Datamined wolves,

I like the Doom Wolf mount the best

I like the white one. Normally I'd prefer a black one, but that doom one is way too light, more a muddy brown than a deep black.

I think that's because it's standing by a Light source..

Hopefully it's much darker away from it. I'll have to see some other shots of it before I decide on that one.

But I definitely want both the grey and the white!
    Options
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

http://elderscrolls.net/2016/04/26/16849-tes-online-budushhee-kronnogo-magazina-patch-2-4-0/?from=eso-forum

Doom Wolf Mount
    gp_crwn_mounts_wolf2doom_1x1.jpg

Ice Wolf Mount
    gp_crwn_mounts_wolf3ice_1x1.jpg

Red Pit Wolf Mount
    gp_crwn_mounts_wolf4redpit_1x1.jpg

The Ice Wolf (please let it just be a white wolf and not have any magical enhancements) is gorgeous.

Zenimax can take my money right now.

Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anyone wants to check the Red Pit Wolf in the game, there is one at the stables in Kvatch.

White and black dire wolves spawn as hostile mobs, but they are not as big as the mounts and it is hard to take a good look at them while they are mauling my face.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Lord_Chonus
    Lord_Chonus
    ✭✭
    Bit of an ethical dilemma for werewolfs lol.
    Options
  • Rajajshka
    Rajajshka
    ✭✭✭

http://elderscrolls.net/2016/04/26/16849-tes-online-budushhee-kronnogo-magazina-patch-2-4-0/?from=eso-forum

Doom Wolf Mount
    gp_crwn_mounts_wolf2doom_1x1.jpg

Ice Wolf Mount
    gp_crwn_mounts_wolf3ice_1x1.jpg

Red Pit Wolf Mount
    gp_crwn_mounts_wolf4redpit_1x1.jpg

I like the red wolf, and it kind of looks like a giant fox...
    Options
  • Jimbullbee85
    Jimbullbee85
    ✭✭✭✭
    This looks awesome! Why isn't it available on console?
    Jimbullbee, Templar healer battlemage
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This looks awesome! Why isn't it available on console?

It's not even available on PC... there is a 'forest' wolf mount on PTS right now, the images are of data-mined info that 'may or may not' be coming to ESO in the future.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does feel like a senche with a wolf skin over it, but the senche is a solid, balanced running animation.

Probably better than giving it an animation I don't like. Going to pass on basic and go for white and red.
    signing off
    Options
  • Seraseth
    Seraseth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    It does feel like a senche with a wolf skin over it, but the senche is a solid, balanced running animation.

Probably better than giving it an animation I don't like. Going to pass on basic and go for white and red.

Oh good, was hoping the running animation wouldn't be terrible and ruin the lovely wolves.
    Options
  • PuffyTheHamster
    PuffyTheHamster
    Soul Shriven
    Awesome, was wondering what the dire wolves for the ww would look like.
    Just the average nub pvper/rper/pver.
    Options
  • Xundiin
    Xundiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bit of an ethical dilemma for werewolfs lol.

In Vanguard I played a Vulmane (Canine species) that rode a Dreadwolf.
    #SavePlayer1
    Options
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The wolf mount couldn't get any cooler. They did such a great job!!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The same way you get any mount to do its 'thing' - press whatever button you have for jump (on kb+m the default key is the space bar) whilst you are mounted and standing still. Horses rear, Senche roar, Guars also kind of do a roar, the camel spits, and the wolf howls. Don't know what bears do, I don't have a bear yet.
    Edited by Epona222 on April 26, 2016 6:09AM
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a Skeletal Wolf Mount entry in PTS collections - Fetcher, purchased in Crown Store.
    Possibly an October addition, but if it's already dead it can't have its feelings hurt by a werewolf, right?
    signing off
    Options
  • Sausage
    Sausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horse size Wolf is going to look funny.
    Options
  • Mr.Hmm
    Mr.Hmm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Epona222 wrote: »

The same way you get any mount to do its 'thing' - press whatever button you have for jump (on kb+m the default key is the space bar) whilst you are mounted and standing still. Horses rear, Senche roar, Guars also kind of do a roar, the camel spits, and the wolf howls. Don't know what bears do, I don't have a bear yet.

That Camel Spit however is fun as hell.

I do remember when I made my Camel Spit on some random players, their reaction was funny because these players were RPing at the time haha.
    If I die tomorrow I do not want to think of the game I could of played today, therefor I will play whatever I want today while securing a future to play in as well.

A true gamer will think of all the possible outcomes and execute the one that is the hardest to accomplish.
    Options
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it comes to lore, there are many different types of wolves found throughout Tamriel - and lore-wise I don't see why there can't be larger Alpha wolves out there, that can be tamed and ridden.

en.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Wolf

I remember having read a book in Skyrim (ES:V), talking about giant wolves, but can't seem to find it anywhere online.

Edit: BTW I am soooo getting this wolf mount! Perfect for my Bosmer!
    Edited by NovaMarx on April 26, 2016 8:47AM
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PUPPIES!

I will have to restrain myself from buying them all... it will be hard... but... the doom wolf alone ought to suffice...
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xundiin wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Is it just me, or does it look really out-of-place? Like they just blew up an existing wolf and stuck a saddle on it?
    Really? The fur looks more detailed for sure, and look at those paws! It is definitely next level in the quality of texture compared to the random enemy NPC wolves out in the wilderness, if you ask me. :3
    Texture quality sure, but the mesh shape seems exactly the same to me. A traditional "direwolf" (which this must be, since no regular wolf would get that big) should have an overall heftier build than a regular wolf. Also, what is the lore connected to this? Why have we never seen this wolf in the Highlands before?
    There's still a lot of area in Tamriel that has only been mentioned in books. It's possible that these wolves come from an area that the single player games hasn't touched on. Where, I could only guess.
    Sure, and I expect they've come up with some reasonable lore in the short descriptions that go with them (will need to look at those; can anyone post them?). The easiest answer to why we haven't seen them is probably "oh, they went extinct by then" :stuck_out_tongue:
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The thing is, my Senche mount will GROWL randomly, but the Wolf doesn't do anything until you push a button. They need to have more 'random' sounds coming from the mounts... they could have the Wolf pant, huff or something randomly.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
    Options
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The thing is, my Senche mount will GROWL randomly, but the Wolf doesn't do anything until you push a button. They need to have more 'random' sounds coming from the mounts... they could have the Wolf pant, huff or something randomly.

Hes going to pant alright carrying my fat heavy arse around :)

Options
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now if only they'd give us the black werewolf with red eyes skin for the berserker ult to go along with the doom wolf mount. Unfortunately, ZOS don't seem to care unless the skin = crowns so maybe they should just put it in the crown store. I'm sure a lot of people(myself included) would buy it and it's not like they have to make it, it's already in the game.
    Edited by Leogon on April 26, 2016 12:03PM
    Options
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The wolf is gorgeous and nicely animated. Now if they'd only use those anims on dogs instead of the weird 'bunny-run' thing they do currently...
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    Options
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone else noticed that when the Wolf howls, it actually lowers its head and closes its mouth yet the howl sound continues. So the sound is very much out of sync with the animation.
    Options
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice. It looks better in game than I thought it would.

What are those straps on it's legs?

you've never upgraded mount speed have you :wink: ?

Well at least they didn't #!*% up the wolves like they did bears.

I really like the Tundra wolf so will wait for that one. If my impatience gets the better of me I will also get the DOOM wolf.

I like how a Zenimax Bethesda game called DOOM is releasing 2016 and in the same year a Zenimax Zenimax Online micro transaction digital cosmetic item called the DOOM Wolf is releasing 2016 :wink:

@Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NovaMarx wrote: »
    I don't see why there can't be larger Alpha wolves out there, that can be tamed and ridden.

A bit of a contradiction there. You can't tame an alpha, otherwise it wouldn't be. In captivity, its owner would be the alpha unless the animal were given a reason to believe otherwise.

The text says they're "bred for size," which means that to get to this particular type, they simply mated the largest animals they could find. There would still be normal sized wolves in the litter, but over time there would be more large wolves produced.

The only problems here is that there came a point where they started mating similar-looking siblings and relatives, severely decreasing the genetic diversity. And these are likely closer to wolfdogs than wild wolves, especially if they were mated with domestic dogs for one or more generations.

This is why explanations can be worse than just saying "Wolf! Neat!"
    signing off
    Options
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Got to admit, the white wolf looks great. Still no videos of the wolf mounts yet? :D
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
    Options