Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Request: allow writs to pull mats from bank

Caeric
Caeric
✭✭✭
In the same way that we can keep mats in the bank for crafting, please allow writ turn-ins to pull mats from the bank.
  • Acharnor
    Acharnor
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES! YES! YES!
    Celebrate for life is short but sweet for certain.
  • Efaritay
    Efaritay
    ✭✭✭
    Just buy the Mobile Bank Assistant favicon.png
    "Don't tickle the Dragon if you can't take the heat"

EU ¦ EP
    Project Nova

Efaritay ¦ Breton ¦ Sorcerer - Calloniel ¦ Redguard ¦ Templar
    Arrow Rain ¦ Bosmer ¦ Nightblade - Breath of Life ¦ Breton ¦ Templar
    Taunts-with-Spoons ¦ Argonian ¦ Dragonknight - Kipp's Secret Lover ¦ Redguard ¦ Sorcerer
    Vrixaura ¦ Breton ¦ Nightblade - Miss Snuffles ¦ Khajiit ¦ Nightblade - Effy ¦ Dunmer ¦ Dragonknight
    Deadric Lord Slayer ¦ Monster Hunter ¦ Tamriel Hero ¦ Savior of Nirn ¦ Enemy of Coldharbour ¦ Explorer ¦ Hero of Wrothgar ¦ Master Theif
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prior to the banking assistant, this would have been a reasonable request. Now, I don't see them ever making this happen.

With my writs, there are like 4 runes that are asked for, and at least for the level of Alchemy I am doing, one reagent and one water that is asked for. I just keep a small stack of those on my alts doing writs and never have to go to the bank. I also make a stock of foods and drinks so the only thing I have to make each day is one Glyph, maybe a potion and whatever the equipment writs are asking for.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Caeric
    Caeric
    ✭✭✭
    The sheer volume of negative feedback on the banking assistant should indicate that the assistant is not a viable option for most people.

I keep *all* of my mats in my bank because I don't want them taking up space on my characters. Also because when one character picks up something that another character uses for crafting I can just leave it in the bank rather than going through the whole deposit/withdraw for every character. Additionally, this keeps all of my mats 'together' in one stack rather than spread out over all 8 of my characters. When I, a friend, or someone in one of my guilds needs something for crafting I can just go to the bank and get it rather than undergoing the whole log out / log in / get and send item / log out / log in back to my original character.

I try to remember to make the trip by the bank prior to getting to the writ turn-in point, but on occasion I do forget and have to make the trip back to the bank to get what I need. This is frustrating.

As writs are part of the crafting system, and as the crafting system already has a 'pull from the bank' implementation, making this change would fit with the current system and save players some time and frustration.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hmm I can see this work, if they put limits or discriminate certain items from being used in writs.
    • green - yellow glyphs.
    • tristat potions that have the same name as health potions.
    • nirnhoned trait items in the bank, in case you keep any for research - that they won't be used for writs.

If the writs wont discriminate these items, then this system might be worse than what we already have, because we have to bank and relog to withdraw certain items with mules, to be able to fulfill the writs without suffering loss.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can only imagine the outcry if writ turn-ins could pull from the bank and it grabbed someones nirnhoned two handed axe because the material level was what was being asked for. No, I don't leave my research items in the bank specifically because I don't want to even have the possibility of accidentally deconstructing it, but I imagine some people do. There would definitely need to be some checks in place before I'd be OK with this idea. Like the "lock this item/do not decon" suggestion I've seen a few times.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Number_51 I have numerous times had my tristat potions taken instead of the health potion I made for the purpose, because they have the same name and I had them both in my inventory.

..it's a potion that costs me ~152g to make vs a potion that costs ~28g if I buy all the materials needed to craft them. I don't want to think about the loss of nirn armor and weapons x_x
    Edited by failkiwib16_ESO on April 7, 2016 4:35PM
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Number_51 I have numerous times had my tristat potions taken instead of the health potion I made for the purpose, because they have the same name and I had them both in my inventory.

..it's a potion that costs me ~152g to make vs a potion that costs ~28g if I buy all the materials needed to craft them. I don't want to think about the loss of nirn armor and weapons x_x

Yes, this, absolutely great point. I've had the same thing happen to pots. Now imagine that you can't put your pots in the bank while you turn in your writ because the writ now has access to your bank as well as your inventory.
    Edited by Number_51 on April 7, 2016 7:48PM
  • Caeric
    Caeric
    ✭✭✭
    Please understand that in my original post I indicated that this should pull mats from the bank, not crafted items or armor / weapons.

I generally craft the items for writ turn-ins after I get the writ. I don't keep extras or spares on hand because, as with mats, I don't want them taking up space. This 'crafted portion' of the writ will still come from character inventory. Only the additional mats typically necessary for provisioning, enchanting, and alchemy writs will be pulled from bank inventory.

In an expanded scenario where crafted items can be pulled from the bank some sort of locking mechanism (as mentioned by @Number_51 above) should be implemented.
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Caeric wrote: »
    Please understand that in my original post I indicated that this should pull mats from the bank, not crafted items or armor / weapons.

I generally craft the items for writ turn-ins after I get the writ. I don't keep extras or spares on hand because, as with mats, I don't want them taking up space. This 'crafted portion' of the writ will still come from character inventory. Only the additional mats typically necessary for provisioning, enchanting, and alchemy writs will be pulled from bank inventory.

In an expanded scenario where crafted items can be pulled from the bank some sort of locking mechanism (as mentioned by @Number_51 above) should be implemented.

Yup, my apologies @Caeric. I meant to mention that I had assumed you were only talking about mats, but was in a hurry and forgot. I think I did understand what you meant, and on that basis I do like the idea, but my guess is it's an all-or-none proposition (without making changes to the programming). I.e. we have access to our mats at a crafting station as well as the ability to deconstruct items stored in the bank.
    Edited by Number_51 on April 8, 2016 1:57PM