Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

BUFF THE FISHING!

RedRoomGaming
RedRoomGaming
✭✭✭
Anyyyyyway will we ever have double fish again?

I use fishing as my source of gold and it's very tedious as you can imagine doing 100's of fish with no roe.
With double fish it was actually worth while in wrothgar and the drops where higher.

Also the master angler would be easier
PS4 Eu Server
  • Stampler - RedRoomGaming - V16
  • Mageblade - Beard Of Molag - v3
  • High Elf Sorc - Man Of Potato - V16
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I already finished Master Angler, so they need to nerf fishing.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they could do something like this. :)
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3x200 stacks of guts and still no Rainbow Zander in Stonefalls.

Yes, please fix the RNG to keep it from sticking. :)
  • FilteredRiddle
    FilteredRiddle
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please!
    Xbox One NA
    The Sentinels of Padomay
    Obsidian Guard (Social with PvX Events)

Gamers always believe that an epic win is possible and that it's always worth trying, and trying now. Gamers don't sit around.
    - Jane McGonigal
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUFF THE FISH!

Seriously, you should hook some sort of monster fish once in a while that would feed a family of Khajiit for a month.

Or a talking fish that hands out radiant quests.

Or you tame it and get FLYING FISH MOUNT!
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh man I never want to hear the name of that fish again, it took me about 6 fishing trips and countless stacks of bait to get. Good luck!
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »

Oh man I never want to hear the name of that fish again, it took me about 6 fishing trips and countless stacks of bait to get. Good luck!

rainbowxander_catchme.png
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • audrieltheelf
    audrieltheelf
    ✭✭✭
    Where is @Josig.Orgov when you need him.

Edited to say: I spelled his name wrong but when I log in I'll see how it's spelled and get it right.
    Edited by audrieltheelf on April 5, 2016 5:38AM
    PC/NA/AD
    Alaudria - v16 Altmer Sorc
    Teleia Opisthia - v16 Imperial Templar (Tank)
    Fionna Dark-Heart - v16 Imperial DK (Tank)
    Katniss Never Seen - v16 Bosmer NB
    Stilettos and a Lava Whip - v16 Dunmer DK
    Kerasi Moro - v16 Breton Templar
    Kyria Lathraia - v16 Imperial NB
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who has two master angler titles, and spent the first 6 months of this game, as primarily a fishing game, only to slowly learn the other aspects of it and fall in love with it..

I say NO.

You want it? EARN IT. I have earned 20+ titles. Sometimes I want to display some. But I just can't because master angler is the stamp of dedication to an insane grind.

And I want to add I finished both of these before the wrothgar glitch.

Carry on ;)
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Insane grind without a doubt. All for a title and pink duds. Cmon we should at least get a pair of waders and fishing cap costume. ;)
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one would not mind the occasional event - like say at Fishmas - where fishing got a little extra love. Like boosting the rate of roe or being able to fish up something else interesting or something for a week. A festival of fishing lets call it for those who do not celebrate Fishmas.

Yours with fishy paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fishing should give some serious XP, because standing still for hours is wasting time ;)
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday evening I dreamed about a 100% boost for luck (I'm not interested in an XP boost). I was trying to catch the "Midget Salmon" in Alik'r - and this fish just wouldn't want to be caught. It was the only one I was still missing so I traveled between the five foul water spots in the desert back and forth for hours, and fished and fished and fished.... Finally, having bought 1000 crawlers, a lot of determination, patience and endurance and with my luck (= my husband) coming home, I finally got it!!!!! I also caught a lot of Chubs and hundreds of fish I have yet to filet. :)

So, still 17 fishes to go - Bangkorai and five in Cyrodiil - and the achievement will be mine.

I fish alone and that makes it even harder to get the special fish. But I don't want it to be another way. I like having to "work" for it.

And even if I dreamed about the 100% luck boost yesterday, I actually don't want it. Not for fishing anyway.
    Must have been the cake...
    Edited by Myrnhiel on April 5, 2016 10:13AM
  • RaXZon
    RaXZon
    ✭✭
    Its not really realistic, but hey we've got cat and lizard people running around.

So why not.
    Gamertag: RaXZonz
    Server: Xbox one EU

All aboard the post train to whine city!
    Population: too much....

(͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)
  • ThirtySevenCoins
    ThirtySevenCoins
    ✭✭✭
    The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play.
  • ShadowscaleSithis
    ShadowscaleSithis
    ✭✭✭
    I do admire your dedication, but there are some things I believe should be changed with fishing. For one the amount of time to get a bite is to slow in some areas. I have caught fish right away and the next cast takes likes 30 seconds to get something. That should be consistent, to me at least. Also, the filleting of fish should get a buff of each fillet does 10 or more fish.

But, on a different note, is it worth it to get that achievement on more than one character?

N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »
    As someone who has two master angler titles, and spent the first 6 months of this game, as primarily a fishing game, only to slowly learn the other aspects of it and fall in love with it..

I say NO.

You want it? EARN IT. I have earned 20+ titles. Sometimes I want to display some. But I just can't because master angler is the stamp of dedication to an insane grind.

Carry on ;)

• DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just like to see some more interesting rewards come from fishing. Like perhaps a costume or some extra dyes from the DLC fishing achievements. I fish a lot and enjoy it. I dont really see a need for a buff. But some extra incentive would be nice (:
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • heyewe
    heyewe
    ✭✭✭
    I agree @DisgracefulMind and others who suggested a cool memento or costume for achieving such an wild grind. While I am far from getting this achievement, when I see folks sporting that title I'm impressed with their dedication.

Maybe they could even use the happy accident of the one bait/two fish that Wrothgar gave for a moment and have "fishing set pieces" where if used while fishing you get a small buff or pieces of a legendary fishing pole that drop from fishing to allow the fisherman/fisherwoman to have a higher drop on getting two fish...or trophy fish...or gunny sacks..?

• Efaritay
    Efaritay
    ✭✭✭

2148 Insect parts for the Deshaan Blue.. I know the struggle!
    "Don't tickle the Dragon if you can't take the heat"

EU ¦ EP
    Project Nova

Efaritay ¦ Breton ¦ Sorcerer - Calloniel ¦ Redguard ¦ Templar
    Arrow Rain ¦ Bosmer ¦ Nightblade - Breath of Life ¦ Breton ¦ Templar
    Taunts-with-Spoons ¦ Argonian ¦ Dragonknight - Kipp's Secret Lover ¦ Redguard ¦ Sorcerer
    Vrixaura ¦ Breton ¦ Nightblade - Miss Snuffles ¦ Khajiit ¦ Nightblade - Effy ¦ Dunmer ¦ Dragonknight
    Deadric Lord Slayer ¦ Monster Hunter ¦ Tamriel Hero ¦ Savior of Nirn ¦ Enemy of Coldharbour ¦ Explorer ¦ Hero of Wrothgar ¦ Master Theif
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ListerJMC wrote: »

rainbowxander_catchme.png

I nearly spit my drink :D I wish I had that picture when I was trying to catch it!
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double fish was a bug.
  • rotaugen454
    rotaugen454
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The stupid VIper Fish took me over 1,000 tries. Its the only trophy fish that I have kept in my inventory. I bet it smells pretty bad by now.
    I don't know if I would have had the patience to fillet all the fish if I didn't have an add-on that let me fillet the first one and take a break while it just kept going through the fish until they were all done. Picked up a lot of Perfect Row over time and made hundreds of the potions. Even now I catch myself randomly fishing in nice looking spots.
    "Get off my lawn!"
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Efaritay wrote: »

Ouch. I wish there was a way to jiggle the rng to unstick it. :)
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one would not mind the occasional event - like say at Fishmas - where fishing got a little extra love. Like boosting the rate of roe or being able to fish up something else interesting or something for a week. A festival of fishing lets call it for those who do not celebrate Fishmas.

Yours with fishy paws
    Santie Claws

A fishtivus for the furriest of us?
  • N0TPLAYER2
    N0TPLAYER2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do admire your dedication, but there are some things I believe should be changed with fishing. For one the amount of time to get a bite is to slow in some areas. I have caught fish right away and the next cast takes likes 30 seconds to get something. That should be consistent, to me at least. Also, the filleting of fish should get a buff of each fillet does 10 or more fish.

But, on a different note, is it worth it to get that achievement on more than one character?

N0TPLAYER2 wrote: »

I say NO.

Carry on ;)

Yeah it was worth it :) I had one guy (my first "main") that me and a friend fished exclusively with. If he wasn't on fishing I wasn't either.

But then I started a second guy who became my current main, my wife and I fished together on this guy. We both have master angler for a while now.

I realize I have an amazing wife to put up with this achievement twice, plus all my other playtime. Luckily she likes to play (some)

Sling tv helps a lot on the Xbox. Turn on a show and watch it while fishing helps tremendously.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give the master fishers a pirate costume and a white whale pet that flops along behind them. Because they surely have the persistence of Ahab himself.

Make the whale's idle animation a squirting of a fountain of water from the blowhole - but in a way that isn't an aggravating sound to hear for 10 minutes straight when I'm at the bank and someone has that whale there. That echalette noise and the dog digging have been enough to send me to another town to do things in peace.
    Xbox NA
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I think of when I see the Master Angler title is "Wow, what a waste of time/life."
  • Thrasher91604
    Thrasher91604
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, playing games is a waste of time and life. I think we all know this already. :)

And posting on gaming forums is doubly so. ;)

But what makes one happy is what matters. :)
    Edited by Thrasher91604 on April 5, 2016 6:57PM
  • The_Great_Maldini
    The_Great_Maldini
    ✭✭✭

Not it if it involves diddling children.

I bet RL fishing is more beneficial than virtual fishing.

I can't imaging what people are going to do when VR becomes quite mainstream.
  • Myrnhiel
    Myrnhiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing I think of when I see the Master Angler title is "Wow, what a waste of time/life."

Well, that's probably what some players think when they see the title "Stormproof" or "The Flawless Conquerer" - would be a complete waste of time for me. And to do it again and again and again... just to get a special piece of armor... Definitely not my cup of tea. :)

Exactly. Some enjoy fishing, others enjoy, for example, Arena Fights. Each to their own. It's like in RL: wouldn't it be boring if everybody enjoyed the same thing?
    Efaritay wrote: »

Wow, that's mean! :o The one yesterday cost me about - I think - 800-900 crawlers, and I thought that was mean. So I know what to expect with the last fishes.
    Edited by Myrnhiel on April 5, 2016 7:15PM