The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Bank Assistant - No access to Guild bank!!! ZOS please resolve CStore text and resolve dispute

• Arkvoril
    Arkvoril
    ✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    Crown store just says all personal banking services. This is way too vague.
    Too vague? Guild Banks are not personal, they are part of a group with multiple people so it is not vague.

Right or wrong, it has been known for awhile they would not access a guild bank. It is not ZOS's fault you did not research your purchase before buying. Are you going to buy a car, new tv or a cell phone without research on what you are purchasing? Yes the amount of the purchase is not the same as a tv, but come on people. How can you play a game and not keep up on the patch notes, information on new items available, etc ..... All it would of taken was a quick search on google.com to find out what the assistant would and would not do before the puchase.

This is total bull right here. The info in the store don't even come close to pointing out that they are different and for you to take ZOS side is laughable. Support your local community. Tons of us warned ZOS this was going to happen, but they made no effort to correct it.This was planned! A money grab.

Its like if you went to buy that car you are talking about........but you are not allowed to test drive it! But when you buy it, its missing the engine...........?!?!

NA/PC

Arkvoril
    Level 50 Altmer Sorcerer
    A Vampire with a Werewolf Companion.
    Master Alchemist and Enchanter;
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    emily3989 wrote: »
    MacCait wrote: »
    So, I thought the 5,000 for a Bank Assistant was a bit pricy, but what the hell, the convenience is good and I bought crowns in the sale. I was expecting access to both my bank and guild banks... I pulled out the assistant to check what he looked like and have litterally just discovered that he only provides access to your bank, NOT any guild banks. So if you are like me and use a guild bank to store those veteran 16 drops for deconstruction on a crafter, this banker wil not help you. Suffice to say, I am feeling pretty ripped off right now after just paying 5,000. If I could ask for a refund I would!

Is there any chance you will add access to guild banks ZOS?

What does the community feel about this?

For someone that came running to the forums to complain, I find it shocking that you could not already have known this.
    Players aren't obligated to read the forum. All necessary information about crown store purchases should be clearly outlined within the crown store itself. In this case, when a feature is advertised as a mobile banker, we have every reason to believe it works just like regular bankers - only portable. We've gone over this a dozen times before. ZOS was warned such mistakes would happen, I consider it willfull misinformation on their part that they didn't fix the descriptions before assistants went live.
  • Arkvoril
    Arkvoril
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    So, I thought the 5,000 for a Bank Assistant was a bit pricy, but what the hell, the convenience is good and I bought crowns in the sale. I was expecting access to both my bank and guild banks... I pulled out the assistant to check what he looked like and have litterally just discovered that he only provides access to your bank, NOT any guild banks. So if you are like me and use a guild bank to store those veteran 16 drops for deconstruction on a crafter, this banker wil not help you. Suffice to say, I am feeling pretty ripped off right now after just paying 5,000. If I could ask for a refund I would!

For someone that came running to the forums to complain, I find it shocking that you could not already have known this.
    Players aren't obligated to read the forum. All necessary information about crown store purchases should be clearly outlined within the crown store itself. In this case, when a feature is advertised as a mobile banker, we have every reason to believe it works just like regular bankers - only portable. We've gone over this a dozen times before. ZOS was warned such mistakes would happen, I consider it willfull misinformation on their part that they didn't fix the descriptions before assistants went live.

+1
    NA/PC

Arkvoril
    Level 50 Altmer Sorcerer
    A Vampire with a Werewolf Companion.
    Master Alchemist and Enchanter;
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well if you read the post Emily you would notice I said I was new to the forums. But thanks for your compassionate comment
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are tens of threads complaining about the assistants and how useless they are and their insane price
    meanwhile, you must be feeling like this as the hype is over and you're sober
    images.jpg
    advice for the future? review.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2Pissue wrote: »
    there are tens of threads complaining about the assistants and how useless they are and their insane price
    meanwhile, you must be feeling like this as the hype is over and you're sober
    images.jpg
    advice for the future? review.

gotta love the trolls on here
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the trolls on here who have nothing better to do than call people a jackass, a fool, or whatever... you must be very sad in your life with nothing better to do.

For clarification in this post with the aim of adjusting the text so that others are not misled... its not a matter of reviewing everything on the forums... the wording in the crown store is misleading!!! Most people do not review every single thing in the forums. Most people do not even use the forums!! You are of a very very small percentage of players here!

The crown store text states: ..."available for ALL personal banking SERVICES"

The words 'All' and 'service's' are plural, meaning more than one service. A standard npc banker offers multiple services, such as bank, guild banks, guild store. This banking assistant specifically states that he offers ALL personal banking SERVICES. Therefore, a consumer expects the purchase to do what it says. The banking assistant offers ONE service, to access your bank. You can twist it all you want and troll to your black hearts content, it doesn't change the fact that the store info specically says it offers one thing, YET does not fullfil that statement. It is misleading and therefore a con. That is pretty appalling and it should be adjusted and anyone who wants a refund should get one!

The_Elder_Scrolls_Online_Tamriel_Unlimited_2016.jpg
    Edited by MacCait on April 1, 2016 5:48PM
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the trolls on here who have nothing better to do than call people a jackass, a fool, or whatever... you must be very sad in your life with nothing better to do.

For clarification in this post with the aim of adjusting the text so that others are not misled... its not a matter of reviewing everything on the forums... the wording in the crown store is misleading!!! Most people do not review every single thing in the forums. Most people do not even use the forums!! You are of a very very small percentage of players here!

The words 'All' and 'service's' are plural, meaning more than one service. A standard npc banker offers multiple services, such as bank, guild banks, guild store. This banking assistant specifically states that he offers ALL personal banking SERVICES. Therefore, a consumer expects the purchase to do what it says. The banking assistant offers ONE service, to access your bank. You can twist it all you want and troll to your black hearts content, it doesn't change the fact that the store info specically says it offers one thing, YET does not fullfil that statement. It is misleading and therefore a con. That is pretty appalling and it should be adjusted and anyone who wants a refund should get one!

you feel tricked yeah, but its because you did not understand it propeply.
    1) you said: "available for ALL personal banking SERVICES"
    personal banking services are:
    1)deposit/withdraw any item from your personal bank
    2) deposit/withdraw gold
    3) deposit/withdraw tel var.
    these are 3 things which can explain the word "ALL"
    ZOS is legally innocent of any form of tricking players.
    you must know how marketing works.. there is college degrees for this [Snip]
    its tricking more or less.. and you see it everyday on television.. you know what? go check the breakfast cereals advertisement.. it will say 100% natural? go review the $hit those cereals are made of, and you'll probably find GMO corn
    GMO corn is not natural. it doesnt have similar DNA like normal natural corn
    enjoy your life

[Edited to remove profanity masking]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on April 1, 2016 7:19PM
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2) deposit/withdraw gold
    you must know how marketing works.. there is college degrees for this $hit
    its tricking more or less.. and you see it everyday on television.. you know what? go check the breakfast cereals advertisement.. it will say 100% natural? go review the $hit those cereals are made of, and you'll probably find GMO corn
    enjoy your life

In your post you seem to be contradicting yourself. Marketing does employ trickery for sales. You just said it yourself "its tricking more or less".

In certain countries like here in the UK, we have Trading Standards laws that combat such marketing trickery. If this were a company registeered in the UK, the Trading Standards unit would definately get involved in this instance to resolve the situation. Consumers playing online games are more vulverable to trickery as there is not a global body like our UK Trading Standards.

So the question I put to you is, do you feel the crown store text should be changed so that it does not trick a consumer?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

2) deposit/withdraw gold
    you must know how marketing works.. there is college degrees for this $hit
    enjoy your life

In your post you seem to be contradicting yourself. Marketing does employ trickery for sales. You just said it yourself "its tricking more or less".

In certain countries like here in the UK, we have Trading Standards laws that combat such marketing trickery. If this were a company registeered in the UK, the Trading Standards unit would definately get involved in this instance to resolve the situation. Consumers playing online games are more vulverable to trickery as there is not a global body like our UK Trading Standards.

So the question I put to you is, do you feel the crown store text should be changed so that it does not trick a consumer?
    If a product or service is sold in the UK, doesn't it need to comply with UK laws regardless of where the company is headquartered?
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it should be changed to be more clear about banker services - a moral approach from a sale company.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes it should be changed to be more clear about banker services - a moral approach from a sale company.

Thank you!
  • emily3989
    emily3989
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well if you read the post Emily you would notice I said I was new to the forums. But thanks for your compassionate comment

Well, if it was me and I was about to shell out $100 for something, I would at least google it, in 30 seconds you would have seen 10+ posts on the uselessness of these assistants. But hey, that's me. Don't come here and cry about the assumptions you made prior to your purchase.

All that said, yes, I agree, the descriptions should be more descriptive for the items for sale.

Thasi - V16 Magblade Vampire PC/NA
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    If a product or service is sold in the UK, doesn't it need to comply with UK laws regardless of where the company is headquartered?

It does, however looking at the Office for fair Trading here in the UK (Trading Standards), there is sometimes an issue of difficulty with online gaming where the company is registerred abroad.

On the Tading Standards website I did find this: http://www.tradingstandards.uk/extra/news-item.cfm/newsid/1394

I would like to resolve the dispute with ZOS first as I have previously found them to be very reasonable and fair. I put in a ticket asking for a refund but have had no reply as of yet.

I also just found that it may be possible to put in a complaint with a form of trading standards in the US, such as the 'Better Business Bureu (BBB), or the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), or the Consumer protection Agency, or via Econsumer:

www.bbb.org

www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1

www.usa.gov/state-consumer

www.econsumer.gov

These all seem like equivalents of the UK Trading Standards in the US
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, if it was me and I was about to shell out $100 for something, I would at least google it, in 30 seconds you would have seen 10+ posts on the uselessness of these assistants. But hey, that's me. Don't come here and cry about the assumptions you made prior to your purchase.

All that said, yes, I agree, the descriptions should be more descriptive for the items for sale.

Please do not be dramatic orcome here to troll. The post is clearly not about crying but raising a valid issue for discussion. It was placed in the appropriate section of the forums and is a constructive discussion about consumers rights, and whether this should be resolved in one way or another. Your attack is unnesesary. If you read the whole post you would see that I have already stated I wish I had researched it but made the mistake of not doing so, and feel like a fool. If you are not involved I wonder why you are so concerned about 'someone coming here to cry', other thanthe fact you are bored and wish to troll. It seems ill mannered, unhelpful and not at all constructive or adding to the discussion in an intelligent manner. Please go and find another forum to troll as it seems generally unaccepted here.
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Balibe wrote: »
    Crown store just says all personal banking services. This is way too vague.
    Too vague? Guild Banks are not personal, they are part of a group with multiple people so it is not vague.

Right or wrong, it has been known for awhile they would not access a guild bank. It is not ZOS's fault you did not research your purchase before buying. Are you going to buy a car, new tv or a cell phone without research on what you are purchasing? Yes the amount of the purchase is not the same as a tv, but come on people. How can you play a game and not keep up on the patch notes, information on new items available, etc ..... All it would of taken was a quick search on google.com to find out what the assistant would and would not do before the puchase.

I love analogies!

I would absolutely research before buying a new vehicle. The 2016 BMW X-5 is a wonderfully vehicle. Great fuel economy, excellent safety and by all accounts a lovely vehicle to drive.

When I go to the bank in eso, my personal banker offers many services. I'm able to access my guild bank and store as well as my private bank.

If I were to go to the dealer and discovered that this particular vehicle was only certified for use on private property, even though the vast majority of this model is road certified, I would be upset.

Same as I would if my personal banker did not offer all the services that 99% of bankers across Tamriel offered.
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yinmaigao wrote: »
    Moozzie wrote: »
    How can you guys all have your own guild bank. A guild bank requires 10 people to unlock right?

Step 1: Buy 10 ESO accounts on sale.
    Step 2: Create a guild.
    Step 3: Profit

Alternative Step 1: Create Guild with 10 Friends
    Alternative Step 2: 9 Friends quit the game before leaving the Guild
    Alternative Step 3: Lock up the Permissions and turn the Guild into a Personal Side Bank
    Edited by Korah_Eaglecry on April 1, 2016 9:03PM
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just want to say thank you to ZOS for listening.

My unfortunate purchase was refunded and the banker is back in the crown store and no longer on my account.

I would also like to add... that in the future, if you do drop the price of the banker to a more reasonable price for what it does, I may consider buying again, especially if it has use for the guild banks as well.

In the meantime, I do strongly feel that the text in Crown Store needs to be adjusted to clearly indicate to unsuspecting consumers, that the assistant does not provide all services, just access to bank only (not guild banks or guild store). This would be fair to all consumers, especially those that do not use the forums.

I do appreciate the resolution of this problem and faith is restored that ZOS does listen to its consumers :)

Big thanks
  • xboxone1Q
    xboxone1Q
    ✭✭✭
    Bought the banker one cause I had crowns laying around, it's a lot of fun to be able to call the banker anytime you want. For example if your in ad looking for a weapon but you don't have enough coins just call him up. You can get the extra coins you need for the weapon your looking for. :}
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it might be something that worked differently than the usual banker.

Available for all *personal* banking services... I saw the *personal* and to me that implied not guild bank; only personal.

The description should have been more clear regarding what the assistants can and can't do for the people who were interested in getting them.
  • Daisymist
    Daisymist
    Wow, I'm sooo glad I checked this before buying the personal banker. I will NOT be buying a personal banker until it has access to my guild stores. Frankly, there is NO point to the personal banker without this service.
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this thread saved my crowns. I was going to purchase both assistants after I got home today but it looks like there's no point. Thank you.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • TimidGazelle
    TimidGazelle
    ✭✭✭
    I got him so my house would have an NPC so I don't feel alone because I have no friends. I am considering the merchant assistant, but it's a tougher sell. But let's not forget the Double bank space coming soon to ESO+ members. They secretly are promoting the banker assistant.
    Edited by TimidGazelle on April 21, 2017 11:38PM