The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

When will Akaviri hit the crown shop?

• Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dyride wrote: »
    Avidspark wrote: »
    svartorn wrote: »
    Plz not Akaviri. What else will I use my millions of AP on? I love selling those in guild stores.

Plz YES Akaviri!

Spend your AP on sets, and let us crafters have the motifs we deserve!

Sets? There are no sets anyone would reasonably want to buy at this point. Akaviri is one of the only ways for a PvPer to make gold and it isn't even that good of an AP to gold ratio.

Then sell reporas.

No need to make crafters wait because you can't figure out how to convert Ap to GP.
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
    T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Akaviri would be worthless if they released it to crown store. I would be sad if they released it
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Every other motif has been released to crown shop..you'll get over it ;)
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Then sell reporas.

No need to make crafters wait because you can't figure out how to convert Ap to GP.

You can't buy reporas with AP. Only tel-var stones. It is different.

As for the Akaviri, I hope that they wait a while before putting that on the crown store. I understand you wanting to have the motifs. I recently bought all of the motifs with in-game gold, except the Akavari. So as a mostly pvp'r, I paid good money for the pve available motifs. So I only think it's fair to have some motifs only accessable to pvp'rs. This way players who mostly pve can spend in-game gold to purchase those from people who pvp. It keeps the currency and economy flowing two ways. In fact, I hope they offer another style that can only be bought with AP.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    Then sell reporas.

As for the Akaviri, I hope that they wait a while before putting that on the crown store. I understand you wanting to have the motifs. I recently bought all of the motifs with in-game gold, except the Akavari. So as a mostly pvp'r, I paid good money for the pve available motifs. So I only think it's fair to have some motifs only accessable to pvp'rs. This way players who mostly pve can spend in-game gold to purchase those from people who pvp. It keeps the currency and economy flowing two ways. In fact, I hope they offer another style that can only be bought with AP.

With the newer motifs coming in for AP, like the Faction ones, the older motifs should, like all motifs have done, go into the crown shop. It's only fair. You've had months to milk them, now let the Crown shoppers have a shot at them. What else am I supposed to spend my sub crowns on, mounts? Pets? Costumes?

I have no desires for any of those...but I am a craftsmaster, so I want to spend my crowns on motifs. I've subbed since pre-order, and my beta monkey will thank you to get off my motifs now.
    Edited by Avidspark on May 18, 2016 7:31AM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Then sell reporas.

With the newer motifs coming in for AP, like the Faction ones, the older motifs should, like all motifs have done, go into the crown shop. It's only fair. You've had months to milk them, now let the Crown shoppers have a shot at them. What else am I supposed to spend my sub crowns on, mounts? Pets? Costumes?

I have no desires for any of those...but I am a craftsmaster, so I want to spend my crowns on motifs. I've subbed since pre-order, and my beta monkey will thank you to get off my motifs now.

I hear your desire for the motif. And like you, I have lots of crowns. But unless there is a new motif of equal value to replace the Akavari ones, I hope they let pvp'rs milk them a bit more. 250k AP for smaller pieces and 500k AP for larger ones is nothing to sneeze at. It can take 5 to 7 hours to earn 250k AP. They aren't as easy to get as the Faction ones which were dropping from chests left and right.

Anyways, it's very possible that you might get your wish as the Ancient Orcs came to the crown store not so long ago. And crowns means money for ZOS. No need to take your Akavari pants off! Oh, wait...
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akavari should be next unless they skip it and go to Outlaws motif but I doubt it.
    Should be Akavari than prolly Outlaw.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Then sell reporas.

The problem is, you were probably able to buy ALL of those PVE motifs for less gold than the Akaviri motifs are going for. So, for much less effort, you're able to get exactly the same motifs as PVE'ers. The Akaviri pages are just WAY too expensive for me, although I would much rather buy them from players than I would the Crown Store.

I understand that people want to charge a lot of gold for them, since they spent so much of their AP on it. But, with the recent announcement of a bunch of old sets being available to purchase with AP (albeit RNG boxes), PVP'ers will have something else to spend their AP on, and thus, ZOS could potentially release it in the CS.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    The problem is, you were probably able to buy ALL of those PVE motifs for less gold than the Akaviri motifs are going for. So, for much less effort, you're able to get exactly the same motifs as PVE'ers. The Akaviri pages are just WAY too expensive for me, although I would much rather buy them from players than I would the Crown Store.

This is a bit of a misconception. At least the bolded part is. The time and effort it takes to earn enough AP to buy every Akaviri motif is so much more than any of the pve motifs. And not having a way to make gold as easily as someone who pve's makes buying the pve motifs expensive for the pvp'r. I actually do both pvp and pve, and I have a lot of gold. So I am able to compare the price and time of getting motifs.

However, I do agree that the Akaviri pages are way to expensive, both in the cost of AP and the cost of gold. That is the only set I have yet to complete, even though I am sitting at 4 mill AP right now. It's a nightmare..the cost right now.
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I understand that people want to charge a lot of gold for them, since they spent so much of their AP on it. But, with the recent announcement of a bunch of old sets being available to purchase with AP (albeit RNG boxes), PVP'ers will have something else to spend their AP on, and thus, ZOS could potentially release it in the CS.

Again...it's the ratio of how much time it takes to earn AP that determines the price of the Akavari pieces. That and also because there are less people doing pvp, maybe? I guess that I would hope that if zos adds the Akavari to the crown store, then it would be nice if they lower the AP cost to maybe 125k AP for small pieces and 250K for larger pieces. I would be happy with that.
  • 22max5
    22max5
    Soul Shriven
    I would really love to see Akaviri motifs. Akaviri armour looks really great, I'm sure it will make a good addition to the game.

Oh man....
    https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/110/images/17779-3-1338179658.jpg
    http://4thlegion.info/
    V1 Ebonheart Templar
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no word huh? New crown store showcase has no mention :s
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plz not Akaviri. What else will I use my millions of AP on? I love selling those in guild stores.

Plz YES Akaviri!

I'm also a full 9 trait master crafter.

And no, it shouldn't be in the crown store.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvEer's finally, FINALLY, got something cool they could call their own with the mercenary style. Sporting a full set of mercenary let people know you were down for dungeons and likely knew what you were doing.

Are you serious? Merc motifs sold for 1k after they were released.

It helps if you look at the whole comment. ;)

Even ignoring that, you're only proving my point further that the PvEers got shafted while PvPers, yet again, got the special snowflake treatment. So... thanks for agreeing?

False.

PvE has gotten literally *all* the updates the past few DLCs. Hell, the gear you can buy in Cyrodiil with AP is still V14.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvEer's finally, FINALLY, got something cool they could call their own with the mercenary style. Sporting a full set of mercenary let people know you were down for dungeons and likely knew what you were doing.

Are you serious? Merc motifs sold for 1k after they were released.

It helps if you look at the whole comment. ;)

Even ignoring that, you're only proving my point further that the PvEers got shafted while PvPers, yet again, got the special snowflake treatment. So... thanks for agreeing?

False.

PvE has gotten literally *all* the updates the past few DLCs. Hell, the gear you can buy in Cyrodiil with AP is still V14.

DB update it will be VR16
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭

Plz YES Akaviri!

I'm also a full 9 trait master crafter.

And no, it shouldn't be in the crown store.

Sooo...even though EVERY OTHER MOTIF was put into the crown shop, the special snowflakes of pvp should not?

Yah, gonna have to call bullcrap on that bub.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no Akaviri :s
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be something added this month or next
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yah, I'd hoped it would be added along with DB...but apparently not... :o
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay! Never put this motif on the crown store please
  • Daimmyo
    Daimmyo
    ✭✭✭
    There needs to be Akaviri guild following the samurai code and roleplay only.

And we need to stomp all characters from ZOS that come to imperial city, each time they appear on the corner.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay! Never put this motif on the crown store please

Yah, umm, noe. ALL previous motifs went into the shop...why should Akaviri be any different?
  • Flintgold
    Flintgold
    ✭✭
    Noticed that they are available on the cash shop on test server. Really had hopes that they would not appear in the crown store as when everything starts showing up cash shops & there is nothing in game worth working for...the game dies. Zos needs to control their greed, and announce that some things will not be available to the first person to open their wallet. Give some things in the game some value & purpose.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flintgold wrote: »
    Noticed that they are available on the cash shop on test server. Really had hopes that they would not appear in the crown store as when everything starts showing up cash shops & there is nothing in game worth working for...the game dies. Zos needs to control their greed, and announce that some things will not be available to the first person to open their wallet. Give some things in the game some value & purpose.
    Yah, umm, noe. ALL previous motifs went into the shop...why should Akaviri be any different?
    Edited by Avidspark on June 6, 2016 2:14PM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should be the next motif either this month or july
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sure hope so...been too long already.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sure hope so...been too long already.

*sigh*
  • Haydenmango
    Haydenmango
    ✭✭✭
    Don't put akaviri in the crown store please. It is nice to have things that need to be earned in the game instead of purchased. Don't listen to the PvE whiners who refuse to play parts of the game/pay gold to earn the motifs.
    I sure hope Akaviri comes out soon. Have over 5K crowns saved up for it. And I don't want to hear PvP people groaning about it. PvEer's finally, FINALLY, got something cool they could call their own with the mercenary style. Sporting a full set of mercenary let people know you were down for dungeons and likely knew what you were doing. It was a point of pride, if a small one. The motifs may have been tradeable, but the laurels sure weren't. It was just one, tiny, little, minor point of pride for PvEer's after having to deal with ZOS's one-shot-kill boss mechanics and systematic attempts at reducing tanks to damn near useless (including the absolutely fantastic stamina changes for blocking when PvPers were moaning about tanks - gee, thanks PvPers!).

And then they put it on the crown store for thirty bucks and made the laurels tradeable after letting the motif pages flow so freely into the market that now I can't even GIVE them away for FREE!

Given that Akaviri was released at the same time despite the models already being in the game, I think it's ridiculous that it's been so long without it being put up on the crown store. As someone who's had to drool over the Fighters Guild NPC's since BETA, wondering when we might be able to gear up like them, it was disheartening enough to learn that I'd have to grind PvP, something I don't even like much to begin with, just to get one of the medium-sized item pages. And then they go and release the PvE motif that came out alongside it for far cheaper than any other motif, unbind its crafting 'stone,' absolutely flood the game with its pages, and zip their lips when people ask if the PvP motif will get the same treatment.

I don't want to hear it from PvP people about it being on the crown store. If the mercenary motif never made it there, I'd be willing to understand despite my insatiable desire for Akaviri style. But given the way the chips have fallen, I don't much care. Just release it and I'll be free of the 5K crowns burning a hole in my virtual wallet.

LOL

This logic is very immature and quite messed up. So since PvErs get screwed by their motifs being put on the crown store rendering them worthless you think that means that it should happen to PvP motifs too? Wow. Seriously, just because things are going bad for you doesn't mean you have to make things bad for everyone else.

Also I PvE AND PvP so don't come back calling me a PvPer.
    Haydenmango V16 Magicka Dragonknight Ebonheart Pact PC/NA

I PvE AND PvP!

I stream on twitch sometimes - https://www.twitch.tv/haydenmango/profile
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All motifs will most likely be in CS in time because it makes them money, bottom line.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL

This logic is very immature and quite messed up. So since PvErs get screwed by their motifs being put on the crown store rendering them worthless you think that means that it should happen to PvP motifs too? Wow. Seriously, just because things are going bad for you doesn't mean you have to make things bad for everyone else.

Actually? Yes, I do think it should happen to pvp motifs too...it's called FAIRNESS...look it up.

What, are you pvp's so special you should get preferential treatment? The world should revolve around pvp? Any motifs found in pvp are special?

No, they are not special, neither are you.
    Edited by Avidspark on June 11, 2016 4:50AM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL

Actually? Yes, I do think it should happen to pvp motifs too...it's called FAIRNESS...look it up.

What, are you pvp's so special you should get preferential treatment? The world should revolve around pvp? Any motifs found in pvp are special?

No, they are not special, neither are you.

Lol. This thread should die. No one can give an opinion without Avid coming in to attack the person.
This discussion has been closed.