The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

When will Akaviri hit the crown shop?

Avidspark
Avidspark
✭✭✭✭
Mercenary did...and after I spent a ton ingame (both time and gold) to get the Glass and Xivkyn motifs, only to have them dropped into the crown shop a few weeks later, I'm not about to repeat that debacle...

...so when will I be able to spend these 15k crowns I have saved up on the motifs I want?
Edited by Avidspark on May 28, 2016 7:42PM
'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
T. Pratchett, 1948-2015 RIP, you are missed
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I agree I asked a while back, but no one seemed to know or doesn't think it will happen. I hope someday as both of them would be AWESOME to have. Especially the Akaviri since it looks like a fantasy version of Samurai gear, which I would totally buy crowns just to get. You can probably tell by my forum name that I LOVE Samurai & Dragons, the Akaviri would be PERFECT for any of my characters, but I am NOT going to lag my self down trying to do PVP for a year just to get a gear set that could easily be more worthwhile as a Crown Store item. Well maybe someday.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yah, sad that they screwed us over on Xivkyn/glass, then hang us out to dry on Ancient Orc/Akaviri :s
    'Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.'
  • Zyle
    Zyle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they never do personally, not every motif should be a cash grab. Will I most likely be wrong? Yep.

676 CP
    Zyle - LVL50 Stamina Nightblade - Former Emp AS - VMA Clear (Flawless)
    Joven - LVL50 Hybrid Templar
    Adion - LVL50 Stamina DK
    Radac - LVL50 Magicka Sorcerer
    Vanikath - LVL50 Magicka DK
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zyle wrote: »
    I hope they never do personally, not every motif should be a cash grab. Will I most likely be wrong? Yep.

Except, they already did...with Xiv/glass...and now with merc...

...so...yah, that negates your denial ;)
    Edited by Avidspark on March 30, 2016 10:35PM
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they do, the way that others price these when they sell them, is ridiculous. I find a few pieces every now and then. As for Akaviri, since pvp is so unplayable for me with the lag, its very difficult to get the AP needed to acquire them. They are just styles after all and don't give any buffs or advantages for using a certain style, definitely crown store appropriate.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In time they will all be in store, but one at a time. Dark Brotherhood should have one released with it ( fingers crossed ).
  • Korah_Eaglecry
    Korah_Eaglecry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont really care for the Akaviri (although as a Crafter it would be one more nice thing to have access too) but what I really want for my Orc Character is the Ancient Orc Motif...And if I wasnt in the midst of leveling my Blacksmith/Woodworker/Clothier/Enchanter/Alchemist/Provisioner (Recipes from Brewers and Chefs get expensive), buying their Bag Space (38.5k per character) and upgrading each of their Horses (45k per character) as well as paying off the ever increasing price of Bank Slots (768.5k if I remember the last time I did the math?)...I might have bought the pages off a Guild Trader by now. But even with so many characters and so much gold coming in per character. Its not easy. I need to leave each character enough gold to keep them upgrading their mounts daily til I can get back to playing that particular character (I rotate per day). So whatever I made off that character during the playthrough then goes towards the Bank Slots (Currently working on the 42k one).

The one thing I can do occassionally is purchase those expensive Motifs from the Crown Store whenever my ESO + funds jumps to that amount. Luckily been able to get a good portion of the more harder to find Motifs this way. And finally was able to purchase the Mercenary recently.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount - Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry * Enrerion Aedihle * Laerinel Rhaev * Caius Berilius * Seylina Ithvala * H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Tenarei Rhaev * Dazsh Ro Khar * Yynril Rothvani * Bathes-In-Coin * Anaelle Faerniil * Azjani Ma'Les
    Aban Shahid Bakr * Kheshna gra-Gharbuk * Gallisten Bondurant * Etain Maquier * Atsu Kalame * Faulpia Severinus
    What is better, to be born good, or to overcome your evil nature through great effort? - Paarthurnax
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Motifs are not game breaking. They should all be for sale in the Crown Store. That would give players an option to either purchase them with Crowns or if they choose AP or Gold.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zyle wrote: »

I disagree. Motif's are not game breaking and should be offered in the Crown Store. A player should have the choice of either purchasing motif's with crowns or using their AP or gold. In addition, if they do not want to do that then farm for the motif pages.

• Surragard
    Surragard
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think that it's important that there be incentives for certain activities in the game, like PvP. However, the general theme with mounts, costumes, and motifs seems to be to just post them in the crown store so everyone can have access. I would like to see some exclusive content that isn't in the crown store but that's not the business model we're operating under.
    I don't always drink Skooma, but when I do I go to the Southwall Corner Club. May you walk on warm sands my friends.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yay! Got Ancient Orc, finally...now when is Akaviri due?!?!?

I salivate!
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Avidspark wrote: »
    Yay! Got Ancient Orc, finally...now when is Akaviri due?!?!?

I salivate!

Agreed!!
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY FINALLY HAVE IT IN THE CROWN STORE AND I HAVE NO MONEY TO BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry raging here, as my gaming budget is going towards the limited time white Guar mount, since I don't have any white mounts besides the spotted horse and the white imperial horse. Kind of upsetting, but since I am always switching characters it's probably for the best, as I would most likely get rid of it without thinking that I just wasted $40.00 on Crowns to get a crafting book.
    Edited by DragonSamurai360 on April 17, 2016 8:53PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY FINALLY HAVE IT IN THE CROWN STORE AND I HAVE NO MONEY TO BUY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry raging here, as my gaming budget is going towards the limited time white Guar mount, since I don't have any white mounts besides the spotted horse and the white imperial horse. Kind of upsetting, but since I am always switching characters it's probably for the best, as I would most likely get rid of it without thinking that I just wasted $40.00 on Crowns to get a crafting book.

Well, at least it's not limited time, so you can save up for it.
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

True, problem is I use the Crowns I get from subscribing on bank space since Gold is hard for to acquire fully for me, and until I know that they won't be popping out mounts, pets, and costumes that I want that are a limited time only monthly it will be quite difficult to save for it. If the crafting bags prove to be the best thing ever space compression wise, I can start saving my monthly crowns toward the motif since I won't need to buy space every month. I'm hopeful I will be able to at some point either through my monthly Crowns or my own money.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure am hoping to see Akaviri in the crown shop when DB drops :*
    (Hinty Hint McHintface)
    Edited by Avidspark on April 27, 2016 7:19AM
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mmmm.... Akaviri...
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sure am hoping to see Akaviri in the crown shop when DB drops :*
    (Hinty Hint McHintface)
    :D
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

True, problem is I use the Crowns I get from subscribing on bank space since Gold is hard for to acquire fully for me, and until I know that they won't be popping out mounts, pets, and costumes that I want that are a limited time only monthly it will be quite difficult to save for it. If the crafting bags prove to be the best thing ever space compression wise, I can start saving my monthly crowns toward the motif since I won't need to buy space every month. I'm hopeful I will be able to at some point either through my monthly Crowns or my own money.

The crafting bags will definitely save you tons of space. All your crafting mats will go in there, for all your characters. You'll have space galore!
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure hope Akaviri comes out soon. Have over 5K crowns saved up for it. And I don't want to hear PvP people groaning about it. PvEer's finally, FINALLY, got something cool they could call their own with the mercenary style. Sporting a full set of mercenary let people know you were down for dungeons and likely knew what you were doing. It was a point of pride, if a small one. The motifs may have been tradeable, but the laurels sure weren't. It was just one, tiny, little, minor point of pride for PvEer's after having to deal with ZOS's one-shot-kill boss mechanics and systematic attempts at reducing tanks to damn near useless (including the absolutely fantastic stamina changes for blocking when PvPers were moaning about tanks - gee, thanks PvPers!).

And then they put it on the crown store for thirty bucks and made the laurels tradeable after letting the motif pages flow so freely into the market that now I can't even GIVE them away for FREE!

Given that Akaviri was released at the same time despite the models already being in the game, I think it's ridiculous that it's been so long without it being put up on the crown store. As someone who's had to drool over the Fighters Guild NPC's since BETA, wondering when we might be able to gear up like them, it was disheartening enough to learn that I'd have to grind PvP, something I don't even like much to begin with, just to get one of the medium-sized item pages. And then they go and release the PvE motif that came out alongside it for far cheaper than any other motif, unbind its crafting 'stone,' absolutely flood the game with its pages, and zip their lips when people ask if the PvP motif will get the same treatment.

I don't want to hear it from PvP people about it being on the crown store. If the mercenary motif never made it there, I'd be willing to understand despite my insatiable desire for Akaviri style. But given the way the chips have fallen, I don't much care. Just release it and I'll be free of the 5K crowns burning a hole in my virtual wallet.
    Edited by DerAlleinTiger on April 29, 2016 7:37PM
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very well said Tiger.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    will it be...s00n?
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard through the grapevine it may come out on the Crown store sometime after DB launches, if not when DB launches. Whether that's true or not... I wouldn't hold by breath.
  • C0wrex
    C0wrex
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd be willing to spend 10,000 crowns on akaviri. Seriously, that set is badass.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will, to strive, to seek and not to yield."

-Tennyson, Ulysses
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've heard through the grapevine it may come out on the Crown store sometime after DB launches, if not when DB launches. Whether that's true or not... I wouldn't hold by breath.

That would likely be the best we could hope for...hope it occurs =)
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Plz not Akaviri. What else will I use my millions of AP on? I love selling those in guild stores.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvEer's finally, FINALLY, got something cool they could call their own with the mercenary style. Sporting a full set of mercenary let people know you were down for dungeons and likely knew what you were doing.

Are you serious? Merc motifs sold for 1k after they were released.
  • Avidspark
    Avidspark
    ✭✭✭✭
    svartorn wrote: »
    Plz not Akaviri. What else will I use my millions of AP on? I love selling those in guild stores.

Plz YES Akaviri!

Spend your AP on sets, and let us crafters have the motifs we deserve!
  • DerAlleinTiger
    DerAlleinTiger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvEer's finally, FINALLY, got something cool they could call their own with the mercenary style. Sporting a full set of mercenary let people know you were down for dungeons and likely knew what you were doing.

Are you serious? Merc motifs sold for 1k after they were released.

It helps if you look at the whole comment. ;)

Even ignoring that, you're only proving my point further that the PvEers got shafted while PvPers, yet again, got the special snowflake treatment. So... thanks for agreeing?
    Edited by DerAlleinTiger on May 16, 2016 12:20AM
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Plz YES Akaviri!

Yup I'm patient and buy em from the CS, have every motif currently in CS.
    Edited by Krainor1974 on May 16, 2016 12:13AM
  • Dyride
    Dyride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Plz YES Akaviri!

Sets? There are no sets anyone would reasonably want to buy at this point. Akaviri is one of the only ways for a PvPer to make gold and it isn't even that good of an AP to gold ratio.
    V Є H Є M Є И C Є
      Ḍ̼̭͔yride

Revenge of the Bear

ØMNI
      Solongandthanksforallthef
      Revenge of the Hist
      Revenge of the Deer

Remember the Great Burn of of the Blackwater War!

#FreeArgonia
    This discussion has been closed.