Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – June 26, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) – 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Was Vicious Death a good idea?

d3nbark3r
d3nbark3r
✭✭✭
Sweet and simple. Need I explain the reason behind this poll? Any sane person would think not. Discuss.
Edited by d3nbark3r on March 28, 2016 6:20PM
If you like, have been inspired by or agree with the threads I start, please take your time to check an option at the bottom of the post, thanks! :') ;)

Was Vicious Death a good idea? 199 votes

YES: I FEEL IT FIXED ZERGING
24%
Solarikenben_ESO5MJWesslingb14_ESOmyrrrorb14_ESOToast_STSXsorusdylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESOanitajoneb17_ESOStannumTHEDKEXPERIENCEleandro.800ub17_ESOShareekojoujava34nub18_ESOZen_Rageapostate9Dreadhsif1978remilafoolsborgThelon 49 votes
NO: MY SMALL MAN/SOLO GROUPS ARE NOW BEING INSTANTLY WIPED BY ZERGS USING THE SAME TOOL DESIGNED TO PREVENT ZERGING.
75%
DermestesMojmirkadarAntirobBeastnaskendellking_chaosb14_ESOMaserixxslam48xxb14_ESOPhilhypekmpekb16_ESOTankqullgresiacIruil_ESOAshTalmartinhpb16_ESOcarlab87b16_ESORune_RelicRebbyrom101b16_ESOkwisatz 150 votes
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey, sounds like 1.5 is back!



    But not really
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • d3nbark3r
    d3nbark3r
    ✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Hey, sounds like 1.5 is back!



    But not really

    I think most people assumed they had learnt their mistake when they decided to give people God mode before.
    If you like, have been inspired by or agree with the threads I start, please take your time to check an option at the bottom of the post, thanks! :') ;)
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    d3nbark3r wrote: »
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Hey, sounds like 1.5 is back!



    But not really

    I think most people assumed they had learnt their mistake when they decided to give people God mode before.

    It was only god mode if you didn't know how to deal with it.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO: MY SMALL MAN/SOLO GROUPS ARE NOW BEING INSTANTLY WIPED BY ZERGS USING THE SAME TOOL DESIGNED TO PREVENT ZERGING.
    just like proxy det, good idea bad implementation.
    Raising floors and lower ceilings by zos standards has created an iron maiden.
    No matter how well you played,when the game is over,the king and pawn go back in the same box.
    Be careful what you ask for from zo$, you always get punished.
    Call me toxic,your the one being slowly poisoned by greed.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES: I FEEL IT FIXED ZERGING
    @ing the crowns leg was silly to begin with. Now your team is just as potentially scary as the enemy. Those one button steel tornado spammers spammers... Get rekted!
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc.
    RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases.
    Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Beacuse a 6 k shield is f ing useless.
    Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew.
    13 AD 2 DC. CP 1200 plus 15 level 50 toons.
    NA, PC, Vivec.
    #SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • d3nbark3r
    d3nbark3r
    ✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    d3nbark3r wrote: »
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Hey, sounds like 1.5 is back!



    But not really

    I think most people assumed they had learnt their mistake when they decided to give people God mode before.

    It was only god mode if you didn't know how to deal with it.

    Why should someone new to the game have to deal with being jumped on by 1 guy and instantly nuked for 30k+ dmg? :s

    You are only in black water from level 10 - vet 1..... then straight into the big boy league where you will be nuked for insane damage that.... like a friend I got into the game for the first time... will lead you to wish you never purchased the game or the IC DLC you were previously enjoying.

    I know how to deal with it myself, I can't count how many night blade kills I've got. You are missing the point though lol. It gets kind of old seeing 3 or 4 red cloak blemishes in the distance, a red circle appear then a purple flashing light blowing up attempting to nuke you whilst you hold down block... for me to then cast a stun through my block for the 100th time in 1 hour, and instantly kill the guy who clearly can't play his build.

    I'm not just speaking for myself, I'm speaking for the majority of which I have spoken about this subject. It's clearly obvious magika builds are over powered by the simple fact 95% of cyrodiil are now magika builds.
    DHale wrote: »
    @ing the crowns leg was silly to begin with. Now your team is just as potentially scary as the enemy. Those one button steel tornado spammers spammers... Get rekted!

    Steal tornado could never hit 20k+ with 1 button press. But if it makes your small group feel like they're contributing more.... each to their own I guess.
    Edited by d3nbark3r on March 28, 2016 7:24PM
    If you like, have been inspired by or agree with the threads I start, please take your time to check an option at the bottom of the post, thanks! :') ;)
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NO: MY SMALL MAN/SOLO GROUPS ARE NOW BEING INSTANTLY WIPED BY ZERGS USING THE SAME TOOL DESIGNED TO PREVENT ZERGING.
    i say no because it did not solve anything.

    however the problem is with proxi scaling not viscous death. the fact proxi is so effective against 5 or less players is terrible.

    once proxi is fixed and only effective against tons of players this set would be fine.
    PS4 NA DC
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if VD is a good idea or not, but according to this video http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/256253/rofl-dont-know-who-this-is-but-man-the-bomb-i-dream-about#latest it can be funny as hell at times, providing you're not on the recieving end of course. >:)
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES: I FEEL IT FIXED ZERGING
    I don't think anything will "fix" zerging. Attacking something with large numbers will always be an effective strategy.

    It does tend to make groups spread out more though.
    Playing since beta...
  • d3nbark3r
    d3nbark3r
    ✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    d3nbark3r wrote: »
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Hey, sounds like 1.5 is back!



    But not really

    I think most people assumed they had learnt their mistake when they decided to give people God mode before.

    It was only god mode if you didn't know how to deal with it.
    i say no because it did not solve anything.

    however the problem is with proxi scaling not viscous death. the fact proxi is so effective against 5 or less players is terrible.

    once proxi is fixed and only effective against tons of players this set would be fine.

    Heavily agree with the proxy scaling. Definitely the root of the problem.
    Edited by d3nbark3r on March 28, 2016 7:27PM
    If you like, have been inspired by or agree with the threads I start, please take your time to check an option at the bottom of the post, thanks! :') ;)
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO: MY SMALL MAN/SOLO GROUPS ARE NOW BEING INSTANTLY WIPED BY ZERGS USING THE SAME TOOL DESIGNED TO PREVENT ZERGING.
    enjoy the lag... created by tools...to destroy the zergs ...that create the lag.
    If IQ could be bottled and sold.

    Quick everyone, lets all spam the same skills that hit everyone at the same time because lag is SOOOOOOOO MUCH FUN!

    /PUTSONCOATANDWALKSOUTSLAMMINGDOORBEHINDEMOTE
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    NO: MY SMALL MAN/SOLO GROUPS ARE NOW BEING INSTANTLY WIPED BY ZERGS USING THE SAME TOOL DESIGNED TO PREVENT ZERGING.
    No, I feel too many people are abusing the glitch where it blows you up before you actually die and its too strong 1v1 because of that. Maybe if they fix that I will change my mind, but its still really good against small groups.

    They should just make a new siege weapon that scales its damage based on the enemies hit and that would break zergs up super good.
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on March 28, 2016 8:45PM
  • Bulljoker
    Bulljoker
    ✭✭✭
    NO: MY SMALL MAN/SOLO GROUPS ARE NOW BEING INSTANTLY WIPED BY ZERGS USING THE SAME TOOL DESIGNED TO PREVENT ZERGING.
    ADD COOLDOWN FOR VICIOUS DEATH !!!!!!!
    PC EU
    EP - Bull the Ironbreaker - MagDK
    EP - They-renamed-me - MagBlade
    AD - Friendly in Cherno - StamSorc
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO: MY SMALL MAN/SOLO GROUPS ARE NOW BEING INSTANTLY WIPED BY ZERGS USING THE SAME TOOL DESIGNED TO PREVENT ZERGING.
    VD was a horrible idea it doesn't help they gave everyone proxy det too
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • sphane
    sphane
    ✭✭✭
    NO: MY SMALL MAN/SOLO GROUPS ARE NOW BEING INSTANTLY WIPED BY ZERGS USING THE SAME TOOL DESIGNED TO PREVENT ZERGING.
    If not removing, They should at least introduce delay before procing with a clear visible effect and Area or damage.
    Edited by sphane on March 28, 2016 9:58PM
  • croakroach
    croakroach
    ✭✭
    YES: I FEEL IT FIXED ZERGING
    It looks to be working quite well to me. I have been in a number of groups that have been wiping large groups by using a good tactics, splitting our group, and not just running in spamming prox det and steal tornado.

    I have also been solo bombing groups, and the VD is rarely a final blow; more often it was dawn breaker or draw essence which dealt the final blow The glass cannon builds are just silly, they die before the prox goes off dealing nearly no damage to a well prepared group.

    Also in groups, the folks with the VD set have to cause the final blow for the event to proc, so the less people with the set, the less it will proc.

    On average the damage I've seen is 8k, which is not out of the realm of other abilities, and not instant death.

    Lag is definitely an issue but it has been there all along, even before these changes; now we have more people crammed into fewer campaigns.
  • Skyy
    Skyy
    ✭✭✭
    NO: MY SMALL MAN/SOLO GROUPS ARE NOW BEING INSTANTLY WIPED BY ZERGS USING THE SAME TOOL DESIGNED TO PREVENT ZERGING.
    I said no, although I disagree with the reasoning you provided. I'm against it because as I have said in other posts, I think you should actually need skill to beat being outnumbered.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES: I FEEL IT FIXED ZERGING
    No, I feel too many people are abusing the glitch where it blows you up before you actually die and its too strong 1v1 because of that. Maybe if they fix that I will change my mind, but its still really good against small groups.

    They should just make a new siege weapon that scales its damage based on the enemies hit and that would break zergs up super good.

    Its not a glitch..because you're not actually blowing up before ya die.

    For the record i run solo..I've yet to die to VD in this entire patch so far...
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it helps the zergs & they decided to give everyone proxy.
    Ebonheart Pact: Templar - Overlord - Knight Paladin Tiberium Aka The Golden Saint

  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think ZOS needs to realize anything they do to help small man groups or solo players will bite them in the rear and become a zergs greatest weapon instead.
    "A sword wields no strength unless the hand that holds it has courage."
    "It's the warrior not the weapon that decides the battle ."
    #StopOneTamriel
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YES: I FEEL IT FIXED ZERGING
    I have never been killed by VD in a small man group thus far only in larger groups so I think it works.

    People spread out more now and are more cautious...
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

    "Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES: I FEEL IT FIXED ZERGING
    Yes and No. I feel it made zergblobs weaker, wich is always a good thing, but proxy death shouldnt hit so hard vs 1-3 targets, I realise tho that it hasnt anything to do with the set itself, but every magblade out there who uses this set does so in synergy with prox det.
    Altmer Sorceror, magicka
    Bosmer Nightblade, stamina.
    Imperial Templar, stamina
    Redguard Warden, stamina

    Aldmeri Dominion!
    PC EU
    PvP only
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭
    NO: MY SMALL MAN/SOLO GROUPS ARE NOW BEING INSTANTLY WIPED BY ZERGS USING THE SAME TOOL DESIGNED TO PREVENT ZERGING.
    Add a delay to the explosion!
    When you kill a player they violently explodes after 2 secondes for 14894 Flame damages.


    The main issue this patch ain't VD set though, it's the combo:
    Proxy Death + Soul Tether + Vicious Death
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

    Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

    Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • dRudE
    dRudE
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't say it fixed zerging at all, but It's a great set for solo'ers.
    The Dreaded Crow - Necrow - EP Sorc
    Orc Tank - War Grim - EP Dragonknight
    New Toy - Three Eye Raven - EP Nightblade
  • smacx250
    smacx250
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had about 80 deaths since TG. Two of them had "real" VD damage in them, and one of those was a killing blow. 8 others showed my own explosion (which was actually kind of useful to get an idea of how many people were running it). So about 2.5% of my deaths were contributed to by VD, and about 10% of my killers were running it. I run solo, but mainly look to join in the larger fights. BTW - I don't currently run it.
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    YES: I FEEL IT FIXED ZERGING
    small groups still have more capability by using this. the zerg will always have access to the same things. nothing will ever exist that is good only for small groups and not zergs. just get used to it, this helps aginst large unorganized masses. structured organized groups will always be strong unless you are organized and have similar numbers and no move could ever be added to change that. being a raid is the strongest ability in game always will be.
  • DrInsanity666
    DrInsanity666
    ✭✭✭
    What class n skill is that lol*new player obviously* be nice lol
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d3nbark3r wrote: »
    Shunravi wrote: »
    d3nbark3r wrote: »
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Hey, sounds like 1.5 is back!



    But not really

    I think most people assumed they had learnt their mistake when they decided to give people God mode before.

    It was only god mode if you didn't know how to deal with it.
    i say no because it did not solve anything.

    however the problem is with proxi scaling not viscous death. the fact proxi is so effective against 5 or less players is terrible.

    once proxi is fixed and only effective against tons of players this set would be fine.

    Heavily agree with the proxy scaling. Definitely the root of the problem.

    Root of the problem is AOE caps.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Farorin
    Farorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neither? It's not effected me for better or worse, but I have always prefered playing solo, small groups, or PUGs. I notice when I play in more organized groups I am more likely to end up being hit with it though, due to more zerging type tactics.
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    YES: I FEEL IT FIXED ZERGING
    WTB V16 VD amulet
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
Sign In or Register to comment.