The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Leftover Skill Points

joker0137
joker0137
✭✭✭
So I've just started researching the last 3 traits for woodworking, I spent the skill points to reduce the amount of research time. But in 25 days from now I'll have all 9 traits, leaving the reduce research time in woodworking pointless.
I'm I right in thinking that I should re-spec my skill points to free those ones up as I want be using or needing them again?
Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server

Best Answer

• Mcwoods55
    Mcwoods55
    ✭✭✭
    Yes and if they were to introduce new re-searchable traits (which I think they will do down the road) you can always re-spec
    Answer ✓
  • joker0137
    joker0137
    ✭✭✭
    Mcwoods55 wrote: »
    Yes and if they were to introduce new re-searchable traits (which I think they will do down the road) you can always re-spec

Sweet, thank you x
    Just A White Line Nightmare

PS4 EU server
  • Mcwoods55
    Mcwoods55
    ✭✭✭
    joker0137 wrote: »
    Mcwoods55 wrote: »

Sweet, thank you x

no problem
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make sure you don't do the respec until after you finished, or you will lose the time discount you have and you will have to wait the base time, less any days it is has already been researched.

I was in the middle of respec where I had about 10 days left on some items, then it jumped up to 32 days or something like that, but when I put the points back the time left went back to what it should be.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor I actually respecced once and got my research prolonged, after I had finished my research Q.Q I didn't bother testing how this bug happened, so the information I can provide regarding this is limited.
    • It happened 1-2 months after Imperial City DLC launched.
    • I finished my last trait in medium armor belt with nirn trait.
    • I waited 2-3 days and went to respec in Elden Root.
    • Ported to Imperial City sewers base because I like the place.
    • My friend requested me to craft him some traits, among those the item that I had just finished researching, so I rushed to crafting station and found out I had 27 days of research left.
    • I spent 3 skillpoints and could instantly craft the belt.

I don't know if this has happened to anyone els, wether it is a common or uncommon bug, account bound or not :/