Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafters: Making a non-set item by accident

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, so many crafting sob stories! :'( Wish I could say it's never happened to me, but of course, it has! @wayfarerx has got it right. Crafting high level gear takes a long time, not because it's hard, but because it's soooo easy to make mistakes.

attention-to-detail.jpg
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did that exact thing making my first crafted set piece. I was getting so frustrated as to why it wasn't coming out as part of a set. Then I finally noticed what pressing 'RB' did in the creation menu...
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The crafting tables have a bug that they silently change level when you scroll the items. Set to vr15, make chest, scroll to feet and it makes them to vr16.

Before TG i kept less than 100 vr16 in bank for writs - now few hundred. I still have bulk vr16 mats, Potent nirncruxes, Hakeijos and goldens on mule to prevent accidental use. The mules are on different account, so i can log in on second computer and i can trade at crafting station or bank.

I accept non-trivial orders only through email. I switch to TS Idle channel, copy the order to notepad addon which stays open at station. I log expensive material amounts to notepad and then take attached mats to inventory. I check and recheck vr15 and vr16 crafts. Below-max-level gear i make more carelessly. I keep the notepad pages few days before recycling. I send back crafted items as mail reply.

And i still **** up them! I think i have made wrong vr16 items maybe half a dozen times.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • vicius1981
    vicius1981
    ✭✭✭
    Sad but true...you are not alone :/
    Ps4 EU-
    660 CP Magplar Vamp DC(main)
    660 CP Magblade Vamp EP(Master crafter)
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once made a hunding rage piece instead of a julianos piece by accident. I was wondering why I wasn't getting my set bonus for a while until it struck me like a sack full of bricks.
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ve never accidentally made a plain item at a special crafting station, since it defaults to the set crafting and I’ve only occasionally made regular items to try out a style at one of those. But I’ve certainly made plenty of other errors, especially doing the wrong level when forgetting to make adjustments between large and small armor pieces. Sometimes the wrong trait or style, and I have even headed to the wrong crafting station, somehow, and failed to notice that I was making the wrong set till I was partway through. I usually do lots of double checking though.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on March 18, 2016 1:36AM
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Shortly after IC I was deconstructing glyphs on my enchanter. I noticed that I had an essence rune I had not learned. "That's strange," I thought "I've been at enchanting 50 for quite awhile, I thought I knew all the runes!" So I promptly created a level 10 white prismatic weapon glyph :(

I laughed WAAAY more than I should have :mrgreen: ty for the lulz
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Duiwel wrote: »
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Shortly after IC I was deconstructing glyphs on my enchanter. I noticed that I had an essence rune I had not learned. "That's strange," I thought "I've been at enchanting 50 for quite awhile, I thought I knew all the runes!" So I promptly created a level 10 white prismatic weapon glyph :(

I laughed WAAAY more than I should have :mrgreen: ty for the lulz
    Me too it killed me
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel ya. There are a few spots in the game that could do with at least a single level Undo option.
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never had problems doing "non-set" items but I hate it that when you move between the armor pieces (chest, legs, gauntlets, armlets ect.) it is not the lvl that stays same but the amount of materials used. You try to make vet3 armour for your friend but you end up with vet3 chest and vet4 rest of the pieces. Then you have to deconstruct the tiems he cant use and you notice you don't have enough materials to create new ones.