Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Why level of resources doesn't correspond to level of crafter's skills everywhere ?

StrangerTelvani
My сharacter is crafter. I carry out story-quests in a zone where the level of resources corresponds to the 8th level of skills. I collect resources and I carry out daily craft-tasks. But sometimes friends ask me to create something vet16 lvl. To make that I am forced to reset skills, then increase skill till 10, then create belongings, then reset skills again.
I offer the following formula for the lvl of resourses:

Res_lvl = max (Zone_lvl, Skill_lvl)

where Res_lvl - the lvl of resourses, Zone_lvl - current lvl of resourses in that zone, Skill_lvl - lvl of resoures corresponding for this skill lvl
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, right now we can just go to the zone where those mats are lying around. Otherwise how would you find mats to craft lower levels of gear?
  • StrangerTelvani
    NBrookus wrote: »
    No, right now we can just go to the zone where those mats are lying around. Otherwise how would you find mats to craft lower levels of gear?
    First, the going to another zone for materials is a waste of time. While in that zone where I play a lot of useless materials directly under legs. Secondly, why I should craft lower lvl gear? The only reason - for lower lvl character. But the character of lower level can collect raw materials by himself.
    Edited by StrangerTelvani on March 14, 2016 2:40PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    First, the going to another zone for materials is a waste of time. While in that zone where I play a lot of useless materials directly under legs. Secondly, why I should craft lower lvl gear? The only reason - for lower lvl character. But the character of lower level can collect raw materials by himself.

Why not make the people who want VR15/16 gear get it themselves?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• StrangerTelvani
    Danksta wrote: »

My character knows all traits, they aren't knows.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I hope they implement writs everywhere, and let us do them all if we like to. If a player wants to spend his whole day farming and doing writs in every region, it will be at the cost of his own dungeoning. Writs are profitable, however so are doing dungeons and other content.

I don't do writs anymore, but I used to do them in Craglorn, and if I ever pick up writs again, I'd prefer to do them in Craglorn over other areas. Simply because I know where the survey locations are, so I don't have to search for them like crazy before I find them..... but the writs I'll be given will be located in Orsinium, because I have maxed my skillpoints in crafting >.<

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »

My character knows all traits, they aren't knows.

I think what they meant was, ask the requester to provide you with the correct level of mats and then you craft the gear.

Also, I prefer that the old zones stay the way they are, as I play with alts who don't necessarily have the correct skillpoints to harvest higher level materials. So, basically, if all zones provided mats to your skill point level, my alts would find nothing but iron ore everywhere they went.

The new zones offer the option to collect the mats appropriate to your skill point level, and the older zones are a way to reliably find the appropriate zone level mats when needed/desired.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want mats to scale to crafter level everywhere. As a crafter, I often in situations where I need to make equipment for lower level guildies or alts. I do not want to lose the ability to port to the appropriate zone to pick up the mats I need. You say this is a waste of your time, but it wastes less time than having to switch to a toon with the crafting level of the mats you need, then swap back to your crafter.

Also, top level writs require two types of mats to complete. According to your request, I should have to farm for the mats on two different toons, with different levels of crafting passives. Talk about a waste of time.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • StrangerTelvani
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Also, I prefer that the old zones stay the way they are, as I play with alts who don't necessarily have the correct skillpoints to harvest higher level materials. So, basically, if all zones provided mats to your skill point level, my alts would find nothing but iron ore everywhere they went.

See the formula:

where Res_lvl - the lvl of resourses, Zone_lvl - current lvl of resourses in that zone, Skill_lvl - lvl of resoures corresponding for this skill lvl.

The keyword is max! If you are in zone where mats have lvl larger than your skill, you will find mats which you can find right now, but if your skills lvl larger than zone lvl, you will find beter mats.
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

See the formula:

where Res_lvl - the lvl of resourses, Zone_lvl - current lvl of resourses in that zone, Skill_lvl - lvl of resoures corresponding for this skill lvl.

The keyword is max! If you are in zone where mats have lvl larger than your skill, you will find mats which you can find right now, but if your skills lvl larger than zone lvl, you will find beter mats.
    All the materials have to be available. How does maxed crafter get them with your formula?
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I craft a lot of low level gear for guildies and new online chums. A lot more than I craft for V16s. Granted I usually make them collect their own raws mats at least so they work for their gear some, but hopping to a specific zone to collect a few mats is faster and cheaper than respec'ing.

And the V16s usually have enough gold to purchase their mats from me or guild stores or in Imperial City even if they don't have a max level crafter to see the ruby mats.
  • DDemon
    DDemon
    ✭✭✭✭
    This idea is silly, there are enough ways available to get mats your level. When you level up another alt, or help guildies with some cheap gear, there needs to be a way for you to get the lower level mats. Imo it's fine as it is.
  • StrangerTelvani
    DDemon wrote: »
    Imo it's fine as it is.
    It isn't fine at all!
    The problem is that the character grows up more faster than changing of level of regions in game. And it concerns not only to crafting.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If it a waste of time for you, than don't collect it.

I was level 50 is gear crafting while I was around level 20. If I wanted to make gear for myself, I needed to be able to get mats from the zone at my level.

Now that DLC zones have nodes based on your crafting level, you can get mats for any level at any point in time once you unlock Cadwell's Gold. That is far superior than only being able to get for your crafting level. No need to revise current system.

Likewise, someone who doesn't level crafting should be able to get higher level mats from other zones to give to crafters to make requested gear.

I am interested in seeing how they handle zone levels when they remove VR. Then again, when they remove VR, people will skill a lot of gear tiers, making those mats useless to all but new players.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not agree with the original poster entirely, however I do think that the higher level your crafting skill is over the resources in the zone should provide a return on investment bonus. This would reflect your improved knowledge of the materials and how to best harvest them.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP if you don't like the low level mats, don't harvest resources in low lvl zones like the other 95% of us who don't
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm not farming skill points to get my crafting up on all my toons. No thanks.