The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Health regen tank builds OP?

Horker
Horker
✭✭✭✭
Hey everyone,
according to the current META, the current status of BwB with CP removal, i have to say, health recovery tanks are very, very hard to kill if u dont know how to fight them.

I wanted to share my build abit with everyone, this is very easy to play for beginning DKs to be honest, hard to kill and very well sustainable in 1vX. only gear is a matter of crafting/farming for endurance.

My level 31 nord DK regen stats on one h/shield (Tank) bar:
(with green dragon blood up all times)
4562 health regen
2067 stamina regen
1358 magick aregen
* these stats are a bit lower on aggresive 2H bar
(2K weapon damage on 2h bar)

i have 30K health, 20K stamina, 10k magicka, i use stamina to maintain blocking/wreckingblowing for cc-ing and knocking ppl out my house.
i also have momentum and vigor for heals (not needed at all since my health regen dominates the healing numbers).
gear: 5x willows, 3x oblivions foe, 3x endurance(all yewelry) 1x lord warden shield from ICP.
(u can use 5x orgums instead of willows if u want more health, but this drops your overal stam/mag regen alot!!)

i use tripple drinks btw.

my skill bars are:
2H:
Wreckingblow, Stampede, Momentum(rally), Ignious shield, Vigor, take flight.

Shield/tankbar:
Heroic slash, Volatile armor, Defensive stance, Flap Flap (fire scales), Green dragonblood, take flight(again because elder dragon regen passive)

thats it for the build,

i wanted to share this with you, wanna hear some opinions, i basicly made this build to troll ppl so they start crying like: "what the *** my WB is doing 3K every time but his health dousnt drop omg plz nerb, plz balance dis wrobel!"

basicly, in 1v1-5 situations this tank is unkillable if u know how to fight/counter them. and i mean non vet BwB campaign, not truelagg or any CP campaign.

so let me hear your toughts, and if u wanna try it out, i higly reccomend it, its very fun to play, still decent damage, very usefull in smallscale groups!
ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE, TRINIMAC IS DEAD, MALACATH IS TRUE
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone is hard to kill in non-vet PVP, Im not sure how such a build would perform in vet campaigns vs high burst dmg and heal debuffs (=health regen debuff).
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone is hard to kill in non-vet PVP, Im not sure how such a build would perform in vet campaigns vs high burst dmg and heal debuffs (=health regen debuff).

health regen cant be debuffed by any skill, only by meatbag catapults.

now with CP removal in BwB pvp, all the 501CP used to play, players are now balanced with all other players, they arent hard to kill anymore, i wanted to tell, that this build is, without relying on CP, and as i said, this is pure BwB, not vet/CP campaign,

thx for your toughts!
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think I read this wrong, you have lvl 31 endurance and warden shield?
    PC EU
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Youre a tank, the whole POINT of a tank is that they are supposed to be difficult to kill. Now tanks might actually be a little more useful.
    Options
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I read this wrong, you have lvl 31 endurance and warden shield?

aye, i went on level 25 into IC, opened boxes, and got all andurance yewelry, and i did the imperial city prison dungeon for the lord warden shield!
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In vet areas right now your damage would be pathetic... you would have serious issues taking down a compatent player... my WB hits like a wet noodle atm and I'm dps build. Your bread and butter ultimate has been crushed .. While you are hard to take out good luck killing someone ...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Add your gear traits and mundus used you unkillable scum! :p

Your build get my approval, and a "can't possibly be killed 1v1" award. Everytime I see you on my magblade when you run this build, I'm like "Ok, I'll find someone else to slaughter".

3x Endurance and 1x Lord Warden for newbies... Hope you got some alternatives for them, because ICP is not what I'd call newb friendly :D
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Options
  • remilafo
    remilafo
    ✭✭✭✭
    wow some of these responses are hella toxic..

good post OP... I like it..

non-CP pvp is the best !!
    Options
  • mcurley
    mcurley
    ✭✭✭
    Unkillable vs up to 5?!?

Even with full gold armor and your low lvl Endurance I doubt that.

Very cool idea though, I might lvl my orc blacksmith up and try this out at some point.

Have you tried out vampirism with this build? Seems like the passives would mesh well with a build like this.
    For the Covenant!
    Svvord - magicka NB
    Lavv - magicka DK
    Povver - stamina NB
    Psylint - stamina NB
    Yelruc - magicka Sorc
    Options
  • leem1988
    leem1988
    ✭✭✭
    I tried a build like this with my Orc a few weeks ago, didn't do so well. What armor, mundus, and traits are you using? And do you have an alternative for endurance, and lord warden?
    Options
  • JubJub
    JubJub
    ✭✭✭
    Love it bro never thought about using willows for regen :D
    Options
  • Bdawwg
    Bdawwg
    ✭✭✭
    I would have thought that given bwb will be a non cp campaign now builds will require more regen sets as there won't be any cost reduction or regen increase from the cp stars and the ability costs have remained the same.
    Options
  • myrrrorb14_ESO
    myrrrorb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting build. I never thought health regen tanking to be viable. Good to see someone thinking outside the box.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought u would be a healthplar. A dk version seems cool. I wanna hear some war stories!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting build. I never thought health regen tanking to be viable. Good to see someone thinking outside the box.

It was semi-viable before in PvP, but this would really be a niche, no-CP build.
    Durham wrote: »
    In vet areas right now your damage would be pathetic... you would have serious issues taking down a compatent player... my WB hits like a wet noodle atm and I'm dps build. Your bread and butter ultimate has been crushed .. While you are hard to take out good luck killing someone ...

Melee damage is still pretty good although definitely down when someone is spec'd into physical damage reduction. Heal debuffs are pretty key, probably why they added the set.
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It was semi-viable before in PvP, but this would really be a niche, no-CP build.
    Durham wrote: »

Melee damage is still pretty good although definitely down when someone is spec'd into physical damage reduction. Heal debuffs are pretty key, probably why they added the set.

My damage is not good atm... to much of a nerf .... wrecking blow is hitting like a wetnoodle.... Dragon leap is hitting much less as well....
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Add your gear traits and mundus used you unkillable scum! :p

Your build get my approval, and a "can't possibly be killed 1v1" award. Everytime I see you on my magblade when you run this build, I'm like "Ok, I'll find someone else to slaughter".

3x Endurance and 1x Lord Warden for newbies... Hope you got some alternatives for them, because ICP is not what I'd call newb friendly :D

leem1988 wrote: »
    I tried a build like this with my Orc a few weeks ago, didn't do so well. What armor, mundus, and traits are you using? And do you have an alternative for endurance, and lord warden?

Traits: All impenetratble, makes enemy WB and Cfrags and snipes do max 4k wich is lol against 4,6k regen!!

Munus: Steed, obviously, health regen and run speed for lols.

alternative for ENdurance and lord warden, are;

all 3 yewelry, with standart max health trait on them, and then get blue/purple health regen enchants and put it on them, endurance gives only a bit more stam regen.

for shield, get another oblivions foe shield, sometimes i swap my lord warden for oblivions foe if i want a bit more magicka sustain, with oblivions foe shield i get around 1450 magicka regen instead of 1300.

- Asmael, sup bro :D thx xddd yes man yesterday i had *** tons of fun at allesia bridge, parcouring arround, in upside, survived AD zerk for 5 minutes lel, so fun to see the trihards doing their best to kill me and fail, muhaha.

have fun xd
    Options
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    OH, sorry i forgot, Lord warden shield i only shield with 158 heatlh regen enchant, thats why i like it, scaled it adds arround 400-500 wich is alot..

u can get it very very easy, just get a high level/vet player to help u with the dungeon, my vet stamsorc friend (thx @burnsy xd) helped me when i was level 15, so we zerged trough the imperial city prison and, tadaaah done.

if u want higher level lord warden shield, just repeat above with higher toon, but a different toon, u can get this shield only ONCE per character!!!

have fun, and btw if u have any ingame questions or need help or whatever, ask me;
    EU: @alexandrutenhove
    or ask for a big fat orc in weddingdress and im sure u will find me in cyrodill
    Options
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    update on build skill bars,

i now replaced stampede with unstable flame, so i can keep pressure on enemies in smallscale situations.. this seems very usefull, it lacks damage, dous only 500-1K ticks, but *its something meme*

and i use shielded assault, (the shield gap-closer+stun) ability instead of heroic slash, maybe drop defensive stance instead of heroic slash for ult gains and dmg redux.

have fun
    Options
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what armors are you running? Are you running orgnum scales and willow's path? I've thought of making a massive health regen build with orgnum scales and permafrost (increase health recovery by 850 when you have a damage shield) together.
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
    Options
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    what armors are you running? Are you running orgnum scales and willow's path? I've thought of making a massive health regen build with orgnum scales and permafrost (increase health recovery by 850 when you have a damage shield) together.

No ETA.

joking,

i run 5x willows path, 3x oblivions foe, 1x Lord warden shield from imperial city prison and 3x endurance yewelry, all max health regen enchants.

never heard of permafrost, seems interesting, but are there yewelry? because i think its not worth it dropping 5x willows path for it, the mag and stam sustain u get from willows is also very awesome, i used to run with orgnum scaled but i dont like the lack of stam/magicka sustain u get with orgnums,
    if the permafrost is a yewerlry set to, then u could combine it with 5x willows, use green dragon blood and spam ignous shield for lols.
    Options
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    *gear update*

for veterans who wanna try this in CP vet campaign, this is the gear u want to get:

5x orgnums and 5x permafrost (permafrost yewelry inc)

thats it.

u can go between 7-9K health regen with this setup, while below 60% health, if u cast ur ignious + dragonblood below 60%!!

u can craft 5x orgnums scales, permafrost needs to be farmed from Maelstrom arena! its obtainable in normal mode, i dont know about vet mode, but it hard to get!
    Edited by Horker on March 30, 2016 9:22AM
    Options
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haha... I read your post, and my mind went immediately to one specific crazy tank i met the other day in BwB. Which seems to be you - Not-Enough-Holes-For-Zerg - at least i see the name in your signature? He was running around with one other DK trolling everything. Both had 50k HP. I do not assume this is the same build, which also has 4,5k Health Regen?

In BwB i have also myself considered making the "unkillable" tank, which i do believe is possible. Your build listed here, will be unkillable in a 1v1 in BwB. No doubt about that. 4,5k Regen will outheal any DPS/Burst anyone can do in that campaign. Although i doubt it will be so against 3-5 competent players. Against 3-5 random BwB players - that is a different matter though. I personally saw at least 5-6 people trying to bring down the two Argonian DK's.

But the real question here is; Can you kill anything when on your own? I have seen you (or whoever Not-Enough-Holes-For-Zerg is) kill some people when partnered. You could focus one person down, and completely ignore everyone else.

Have you tried this kind of build on a Magicka DK ? Or is that too susceptible to stamina drain?
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
    Options
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem with these high defensive builds is that you cant kill anything fast enough because of very very low damage output. But i guess if you like running around just trying to stay alive and not caring about taking anyone down then ya its great.
    Options
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Haha... I read your post, and my mind went immediately to one specific crazy tank i met the other day in BwB. Which seems to be you - Not-Enough-Holes-For-Zerg - at least i see the name in your signature? He was running around with one other DK trolling everything. Both had 50k HP. I do not assume this is the same build, which also has 4,5k Health Regen?

In BwB i have also myself considered making the "unkillable" tank, which i do believe is possible. Your build listed here, will be unkillable in a 1v1 in BwB. No doubt about that. 4,5k Regen will outheal any DPS/Burst anyone can do in that campaign. Although i doubt it will be so against 3-5 competent players. Against 3-5 random BwB players - that is a different matter though. I personally saw at least 5-6 people trying to bring down the two Argonian DK's.

But the real question here is; Can you kill anything when on your own? I have seen you (or whoever Not-Enough-Holes-For-Zerg is) kill some people when partnered. You could focus one person down, and completely ignore everyone else.

Have you tried this kind of build on a Magicka DK ? Or is that too susceptible to stamina drain?

I am one of these two argonians (check my sig').
    Reevster wrote: »
    Problem with these high defensive builds is that you cant kill anything fast enough because of very very low damage output. But i guess if you like running around just trying to stay alive and not caring about taking anyone down then ya its great.

Fire ballista says hello.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
    Options
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »

I am one of these two argonians (check my sig').
    Reevster wrote: »

Fire ballista says hello.

Ok.... lol ^^
    Options
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "yewelry"... Lmao.
    Options
  • Astrotaz
    Astrotaz
    Can you provide a CP allocation which would compliment the vet build.
    Options
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I did this as a khajiit tank on BWB, but it got REALLY boring so I reduced my health regen a bit and added some more magicka and magicka regen. Now I can at least kill somethng slowly. Before I could not kill ANYTHING without siege.
    Options
  • Horker
    Horker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrotaz wrote: »
    Can you provide a CP allocation which would compliment the vet build.

First: CP

Put 100 points into healthy (for extra health regen), put 100 points into resistant (for critical mitigation, its damn OP)
    and i would put 100 points into mighty for now, to have atleast some decent damage, i managed 9k leaps.

other points, put in whatever feels comfortable, i would go for some damage reduction and sustaining things.
    since i only have arround 120 total CP atm i cant provide full guide, once i farmed small loan of 501 CP ill update this.

Haha... I read your post, and my mind went immediately to one specific crazy tank i met the other day in BwB. Which seems to be you - Not-Enough-Holes-For-Zerg - ..........................................................Have you tried this kind of build on a Magicka DK ? Or is that too susceptible to stamina drain?

Not-Enough-Holes-For-Zerg is Eximzy, im "Gets-Violated-By-Zerg, havent played him much, because im damn busy with my magicka templar doing all regular farming/grinding *** in sewers, or i will never become a V16 XDD

well we use a very high health with "survival based" skill setups, i cant share this build because its not mine, and i dont want tbh because if everyone walked arround with it there would be nothing to kill.

if u want the build, try asking one of the other argonians, they are the creators.

about your magicka question with health regen, yes! i tried, but it sucks to hard, the damage is ***, and u are spamming to often and run out of magicka, and u cant do *** anymore, stamina is much better for health regen since u only have to keep ur buffs up, dragon blood and volatile armor, so u can use ur stamina pool to control people arround you.
    Options