The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

ESO64.exe Cannot Start

yotanut
yotanut
✭✭✭
Anyone else not able to launch the ESO64.exe? When I click on it I get an error stating the following:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). Click OK to close the application".

Windows 10
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even 32bit client isn't working for me :/ Getting errors 200 - 201 etc when trying to login haha.

Couldn't even find the 64bit exe >.<
    Edited by Shader_Shibes on March 7, 2016 4:53PM
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine starts but after entering my login credential it either times out or gives me an error code (e.g. 301).
  • Sirvandal
    Sirvandal
    ✭✭✭
    This will be fun, I am still downloading. :s
  • Gothlander
    Gothlander
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have to manually launch it. Look for the exe in your folders .
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

TESO needs a wardrobe system badly. Something similar to WoW's tmog system would make this game one of the best mmorpg out there!
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gothlander wrote: »

did you even read the topic ???
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hang tight guys, we think we have a solution. Just getting all the details pulled together now...
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • yotanut
    yotanut
    ✭✭✭
    Gothlander wrote: »

I did. I navigated to \The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\ESO64.exe and get this error. The 32bit client works just fine.
    Edited by yotanut on March 7, 2016 4:58PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't this that Microsoft runtime library issue from PTS?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hang tight guys, we think we have a solution. Just getting all the details pulled together now...

If it helps its working for me on win 10.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even have the 64 bit .exe in my file :(
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And I'm in! My troubles seemed to be login-related, using the 64-bit client and I'm logged in on my main character.
  • lavenderkae
    lavenderkae
    ✭✭
    I was able to get in via ESO64.exe on mine. Windows 10, NA PC
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Ok, if you're running into the 0xc000007b error, please download this update from Microsoft (the new Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package), then manually launch ESO64.exe.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=14632
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Iyas
    Iyas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, if you're running into the 0xc000007b error, please download this update from Microsoft (the new Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package), then manually launch ESO64.exe.

Sry Gina, it's error 108 and error 301 for me
    Noricum/ Kitesquad/ PC/EU

Kitesquad Vol. 1

https://youtube.com/watch?v=6tGxK9KRrEI
  • Moods
    Moods
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah i can launch the 64bit client fine, but cant connect ingame and announcements says "could not retrieve announcements"
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same errors for me as above. And on the launcher announcement bit it says "could not retrieve announcements"

64 bit and 32 bit i've tried.
  • frethopper
    frethopper
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I have both 32 and 64 bit clients immediately crashing on startup, post update. Will try your fix now Gina.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Are you guys on NA or EU? We're still troubleshooting some remaining issues with the European megaserver.

If you're on NA, can you try launching the 32-bit client (just the one that opens automatically when you launch the game) and see if that works?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frethopper wrote: »
    Yeah I have both 32 and 64 bit clients immediately crashing on startup, post update. Will try your fix now Gina.

I went to dl that, but says i got a newer version of it xD
  • frethopper
    frethopper
    ✭✭✭
    Can't install the Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package. Newer version already on this machine. I'd welcome any suggestions at this point :'(
  • yotanut
    yotanut
    ✭✭✭

Fixed. Thank you @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • rosy_ariete
    rosy_ariete
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on EU server and I'm unable to start the game in both executable files (32bit and 64bit). Error 201
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You need DX11 now for both clients. If you want to check whether you have it, press Start then type "dxdiag" and Enter. You should get a window with several tabs. On the second tab (display) look on the left side for "Feature Levels". You need to have 11.0 listed here. Some older cards may only have DX9/DX10 feature levels and they won't work with ESO any more.
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

You need DX11 now for both clients. If you want to check whether you have it, press Start then type "dxdiag" and Enter. You should get a window with several tabs. On the second tab (display) look on the left side for "Feature Levels". You need to have 11.0 listed here. Some older cards may only have DX9/DX10 feature levels and they won't work with ESO any more.

Says mine is dx12 lol, wtf.
  • Praeficere
    Praeficere
    ✭✭✭✭
    Launched the 64-Bit version (EU), had the 108 error on my first attempt at logging in, however I now have and am loading into character select hopefully.

Edit: Reached Character selection, loading into Cyrodiil now.

Stuck on requesting character load for a while now

Kicked out, can't connect to server now.
    Edited by Praeficere on March 7, 2016 5:45PM
    Though the shadow has moved not,
    A thousand miles I’ve passed –
    Ageless as the mountains but forgetting not the past.

Are you Resolute?
    PC EU Progression Guild
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then that shouldn't be your issue :) Some people had issues on PTS because while their GPU was allegedly recent enough, they only had DX10 feature level available.
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then that shouldn't be your issue :) Some people had issues on PTS because while their GPU was allegedly recent enough, they only had DX10 feature level available.

Phew, ok, thanks.
  • frethopper
    frethopper
    ✭✭✭
    Well this is starting to look like a very expensive update for me. I already know my (not as old as all that) graphics card won't run Star Wars Battlefront, and now it looks like it won't run ESO either. Loving the update guys :D
  • frethopper
    frethopper
    ✭✭✭
    One thing that's a little confusing about this. Where did the reliance on DX11 come from? I've been testing ESO on this very machine on the PTS. Suddenly we go live and my graphics card won't run ESO. There has to be more to this surely?
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well this is starting to look like a very expensive update for me. I already know my (not as old as all that) graphics card won't run Star Wars Battlefront, and now it looks like it won't run ESO either. Loving the update guys :D

I bought a new video card last month. 4 gig r7 370 was $150. Best money I ever spent. My computer runs like new now.