Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

If it was grief-proof, would you like to see Justice System phase 2 - PvP?

Dubhliam
Dubhliam
✭✭✭✭✭
First of all:
flogging_dead_horse_what.jpg
There, now that we have that covered...

People assume all kinds of thing. Like grieving. Sure, it can happen, if this gets implemented badly.

BUT!
If there was no possible way you could "accidentally" steal something, or whatnot...

ASSUME YOU COULD NOT BE GRIEVED.
...would you want Justice PvP?

Details in my link if anyone is interested.
EDIT:
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2594543/#Comment_2594543
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2603609/#Comment_2603609
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2752271/#Comment_2752271
http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/2752707/#Comment_2752707

Because...
Edited by Dubhliam on March 7, 2016 4:33PM
>>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<

If it was grief-proof, would you like to see Justice System phase 2 - PvP? 234 votes

Yes
65%
FlaeorColoursYouHavejnjdun_ESOWhitePawPrintsderuddb14_ESOArobainForestd16b14_ESOAnimal_MotherHoyleguJimmyMessy1Lefty_LucyDominoidBeowulf_McCallumKaynehuskyRedTalonKalikiKendaricDschiPeuntTaonnor 153 votes
No
34%
TabbycatElloaSolarikenKallistaBlackheartvailjohn_ESOItsMeTooagabahmeatshieldb14_ESOAcrolasDiviniusDaveMoeDeeMercyKillingBrambleAnnraMoonshadow66GrileenorWodwoAimoracosmic_niklas_93b16_ESOBlackEarEdenprime 81 votes
  • Humatiel
    Humatiel
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like this game, let me try.

If it was grief proof would you like to see shared Data in teams (dps/hps/mit amount etc).
    Edited by Humatiel on March 6, 2016 8:43PM
    VMA | vHRC-HM | vAA-HM | vSO-HM | vMOL-HM
    700+ CP
    GM of Luxury Raids
    Options
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Yes it would be a nice add-on to the game and would make things different . But is extremely hard to do and ZOS has more important thing to do. Such as make Meteor reflectable again and buffing stamina users and tanks.
    Options
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    People complain all the time about getting their Tel Var stones jacked can you imagine if you could take their armor and gold lol. I like the idea but would never fly, people are too whinny.
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    llSRRll wrote: »
    People complain all the time about getting their Tel Var stones jacked can you imagine if you could take their armor and gold lol. I like the idea but would never fly, people are too whinny.

Where did you get an idea you could snatch somebody's armor or gold?

When the police arrest a criminal, do they get to keep the stolen money and/or drugs?
    Edited by Dubhliam on March 6, 2016 9:47PM
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, for one it should be toggle on and off as optional for taking part in justice pvp.
    Then I would be fine with it.
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    It's already grief-proof. Just log out. No PVE guards. No PVP Righteous Neckbeard breathing down your neck. It's an entirely avoidable penalty system if you think things through.

The only way Justice would ever actually work is if you only had one character and had to face lasting consequences for negative actions. Which is, of course, called a single-player game.

signing off
    Options
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Given the OP's conditions, yes. I wouldn't mind being able to hunt down criminals.
    Hoping some people will come up with well thought out ideas here for how to do that.
    Maybe something ZOS didn't think of.

Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    ASSUME

I assume... that the horse is still dead

Even without all the griefing and accidental thefts, it's literally impossible to make Justice PvP fair for all players. Hence it got dumped
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Honestly, I would want it in even if people could grief me.

I trained a lot to kill npcs without getting a bounty on my "evil alt" because of the PvP part of the justice system. I wanted the added risk of being caught and killed by a player.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Even though I hate PvP under normal circumstances, I want it to be part of the justice system. Without it there's a lack of consequences and risk for being a criminal.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      Options
    • timidobserver
      timidobserver
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      No
      I am in favor of scrapping any resources on Justice 2 and just put them on building a arena/battleground like PvP system.
      V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
      V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
      V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
      V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
      V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
    • Lysette
      Lysette
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No
      I think that those wanting to become law enforcer are the least qualified to do that, due to their pvp mentality.
      Options
    • Lylith
      Lylith
      ✭✭✭✭✭

When the police arrest a criminal, do they get to keep the stolen money and/or drugs?

depends on the jurisdiction and just who those 'police' happen to be, doesn't it?

Options
    • KhajiitiLizard
      KhajiitiLizard
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I think they should have made a Tamriel's Most Wanted list... I'd go after that guy with the 25 million+ bounty LOL take a whole raid even.
      Options
    • Tryxus
      Tryxus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Lylith wrote: »

depends on the jurisdiction and just who those 'police' happen to be, doesn't it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rlSjdnAKY4
      "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
      Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
      Options
    • RAGUNAnoOne
      RAGUNAnoOne
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No
      There is no possible way to make grief proof PvP it should be seperate from PvE at least in this game.
      PS4 NA
      Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
      http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
      Options
    • RedTalon
      RedTalon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Yes

deadhorse3.jpg
      Options
    • Tandor
      Tandor
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No
      PvPers know they're getting the dueling and small scale PvP they've asked for, I really don't know why they can't just accept that ZOS have realised - not least on the evidence of these forums - that PvP and PvE shouldn't be mixed together in future, and move on. All they're doing is creating additional topics that underline the reason for the decision.
      Edited by Tandor on March 6, 2016 11:21PM
      Options
    • Animal_Mother
      Animal_Mother
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Yes it would be a nice add-on to the game and would make things different . But is extremely hard to do and ZOS has more important thing to do. Such as make Meteor reflectable again and buffing stamina users and tanks.

I thought they were going to be working on a new senche mount, two new lamb pets, an evening dress with more sparkle, an ogre transformation, and a potion to reflect Meteor coming to a Crown store near you.
      Options
    • deruddb14_ESO
      deruddb14_ESO
      ✭✭
      Yes
      I would like to see a system similar to the way Anarchy Online does it:

anarchyonline.wikia.com/wiki/PvP
      Options
    • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
      jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      No
      No such thing as grief proof. Waste of time bothering with it. Move on.
      Options
    • Zorrashi
      Zorrashi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      The only reason I was against the PvP portion of the justice system was because I was dubious as to if they could handle the immanent griefing and harassment that would occur from the mingling of two playstyles. Mixing the two usually doesn't end well.
      Options
    • helediron
      helediron
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No
      After IC failure of mixing PvP and PvE, no. But there is one exception: Implement it in Cyro or in revised IC.
      On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
      Options
    • NeillMcAttack
      NeillMcAttack
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      I am genuinely surprised at peoples reactions to this system.

A system that could turn all those beautiful area's into a more exciting, more eventful place to play and people are saying no.

I just can't see the reasoning........ someone help me out here!!
      PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
      Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
      Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
      Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
      The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
      Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
      @ McAttack in game
      Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
      Options
    • Emma_Overload
      Emma_Overload
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      NO.

The last thing ZOS needs to do is give anything more to gankers. I wouldn't even think of supporting this until there was a separate PvE-only campaign for the Imperial City and all of Cyrodiil.
      #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
      Options
    • Wolfenbelle
      Wolfenbelle
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No
      Absolutely NO!!!! If ZOS ever implemented some kind of game-wide PvP, I would quit the game. After the experiences I've had in IC, there is NO WAY whatsoever that I'd want to see anything even remotely similar implemented game wide. It would not be exciting to me. It would not be fun. It would totally ruin the game for me.
      Options
    • Zorrashi
      Zorrashi
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Absolutely NO!!!! If ZOS ever implemented some kind of game-wide PvP, I would quit the game. After the experiences I've had in IC, there is NO WAY whatsoever that I'd want to see anything even remotely similar implemented game wide. It would not be exciting to me. It would not be fun. It would totally ruin the game for me.

See, this is what I mean. PvP and PvE don't mix well where there is already an established audience that identify as "pure" PvEers and "pure" PvPers who want nothing to do with each other. Add onto the fact that the justice system will be innately tied into the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood--two of the most popular TES guilds--the PvP portion of the Justice System would have caused more problems than anything else.

...Unless if they could opt out of the PvP portion entirely. But even that will not go over smoothly.
      Options
    • RedTalon
      RedTalon
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Well if people don't get caught stealing the bandit and guard system wouldn't effect them but yeah [people want o steal and get away from a bunch of milk drinking guards which is easy enough.
      Edited by RedTalon on March 7, 2016 3:21AM
      Options
    • newtinmpls
      newtinmpls
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      helediron wrote: »
      After IC failure of mixing PvP and PvE, no. But there is one exception: Implement it in Cyro or in revised IC.

Ooooohhhh

I think you are onto something here.
      Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
      Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
      Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
      Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
      Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
      House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
      Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
      Options
    • MercyKilling
      MercyKilling
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No
      Umm............lemme think.......no. Leave PvP where it is. Out of sight, out of mind.
      I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
      1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
      2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
      3) Difficulty slider.
      4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
      Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
      Options
    This discussion has been closed.