Maintenance for the week of May 27:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 27

If it was grief-proof, would you like to see Justice System phase 2 - PvP?

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    How is this so hard to implement. Whenever this is discussed it's like there is rocket science behind it. Can someone please tell me why it is so difficult to opt out of the PvP portion by having something simple as a flag in the UI to enable yourself or not? I do not see what is so complicated about implementing this and separate PvE PvP. It's almost like ZoS developers never played any other MMO before.

And it hasn't always worked well on other games. I've seen players cause others to become flagged by stepping into their aoe or a heal hitting someone flagged.

The last part would prove the most challenging with the game design we have here. Especially where it comes to the lack of control of heals.

I don't see a way it would work here and no one has explained otherwise. All the support says they should cause I want it. We don't always get what we want.

Well you must be taking a mechanic from another game and not thinking outside of that. You can simply have a checkbox on your UI that you can FLAG YOURSELF for PVP with a timer and Decay on it for unflagging it. It would have nothing to do with another pvp player jumping in front of you or AoE or anything like that. You can code whatever rules you want to with software and this is far from a difficult problem.

Some things are easier to say than to actually code. Maybe you are of the oppinion the devs at ESO are really that good. I've played since before launch so I know better.
    Options
  • tonemd
    tonemd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yet they have already said they are not going to because it is too difficult to implement. So ya have to use the entire gigantic map of cyrodill and an entire DLC of imperial city to do your pvp in. I just have to wonder what is the motive here. When there are so many opportunities for pvp why do you want to add even more areas?

[snip] Do you want to run the same trials in the same locations forever?

If they deem it cool to put PVE in PVP areas, why not the other way around?

Opt-In Toggle switch. Easy enough. Blade and Soul does it by the player equipping a certain uniform signifying an allegiance. Opposing team can attack you. How easy is that?

DC Universe does it by command or a switch in your character sheet. When you are in the PVE instance of the open world you can flag yourself for PVP.

I understand why people don't want ZOS to invest resources into creating this system that they say is too hard. My question is why is it so hard to implement?

(I say this ignoring the bugfest that is the Thieves Guild DLC)

[Edited for baiting comment]
    Edited by ZOS_CoriJ on March 8, 2016 9:48PM
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    jkemmery wrote: »
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Jaronking wrote: »
    I been reading this thread twice and trying to understand all the posters who voted no and I have came to the conclusion that the majority of you guys are [snip] only thinking about yourself and not other players and the health of the game for most players who voted no...
    [edited to remove bait]

Did you read the actual question the OP posted?

"If it was grief-proof, would you like to see Justice System phase 2 - PvP?"

No, I don't want to "see it" as in I don't want to take part in it. I want to to continue with the current Justice system. That answer is not selfish and it has nothing to do with those who want it. I am not opposed to them having it. I just want to continue with the PvE justice system. If other people want to also get killed by other players, good for them. Just don't involve me.

Your problem isn't that I am selfish. Your problem is that you aren't listening to people who have different opinions to you.

I understand 100% why certain people want more PvP conflict in the game. That is not the game I am interested in. I have no objections to more PvP in the game for those who want it. Just don't turn my stealing into forced entry into PvP. If I want PvP, I'll go to Cyrodiil.

One thing I would in fact find entertaining in PvP in PvE zones is fights getting split up by people ending up in different instances. That would be hilarious.

@DaveMoeDee

If it was an "Opt in/Opt out" system, where someone could upon logging in, or by accessing the main menu, opt in or out of the system, would you still be opposed to it?

I think I have already stated that I have no problem with other people being able to kill one another if they like. If I can continue to steal and accumulate bounty without being forced into PvP, I have no reason to object. I am fine with seeing people kill each other.

Just curious. If someone next to a Justice PvP battle with the toggle on casts rapid maneuvers, does anyone in the fight get buffed?
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    How is this so hard to implement. Whenever this is discussed it's like there is rocket science behind it. Can someone please tell me why it is so difficult to opt out of the PvP portion by having something simple as a flag in the UI to enable yourself or not? I do not see what is so complicated about implementing this and separate PvE PvP. It's almost like ZoS developers never played any other MMO before.

And it hasn't always worked well on other games. I've seen players cause others to become flagged by stepping into their aoe or a heal hitting someone flagged.

The last part would prove the most challenging with the game design we have here. Especially where it comes to the lack of control of heals.

I don't see a way it would work here and no one has explained otherwise. All the support says they should cause I want it. We don't always get what we want.

Well you must be taking a mechanic from another game and not thinking outside of that. You can simply have a checkbox on your UI that you can FLAG YOURSELF for PVP with a timer and Decay on it for unflagging it. It would have nothing to do with another pvp player jumping in front of you or AoE or anything like that. You can code whatever rules you want to with software and this is far from a difficult problem.

Some things are easier to say than to actually code. Maybe you are of the oppinion the devs at ESO are really that good. I've played since before launch so I know better.

The toggle is easy to code. They already have a toggle for killing NPCs.

Adding a PvP Justice system in current PvE zones is extremely hard to code. The possibility for large scale battles in PvE zones would require them to revisit all their servers. What happens to zone instancing?
    Options
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While this discussion hasn't escalated, there's still some targeting of perspectives and baiting for response from participants. The debate and topic itself is good. But the conversation is failing to get constructive footing as it continues to be more about personal defense and attack on opinions.

Since we've warned this thread before we are closing this thread. This is being done rather than removing it in respect for what constructive commentary that has been made on both sides of the debate.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.