Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Extraction Yeilds

0311shane
0311shane
I was wondering, If I got Blacksmithing 10 and Im in a Quicksilver zone, will the yields I get from refining Quicksilver as as Tempers and trait gems go?

Best Answer

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's your Extraction Passive that sets how much you get back from refining, not your material level. In fact, it is a waste to invest in material levels unless you can use them (or need to farm for VR15/16 mats in Wrothgar/Cyrodiil).

So, if you have the extraction passives you will get tempers from any material. I have pulled Golds from Jute and Iron and Maple.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • 0311shane
    0311shane
    Nestor wrote: »
    It's your Extraction Passive that sets how much you get back from refining, not your material level. In fact, it is a waste to invest in material levels unless you can use them (or need to farm for VR15/16 mats in Wrothgar/Cyrodiil).

So, if you have the extraction passives you will get tempers from any material. I have pulled Golds from Jute and Iron and Maple.

Thank you. I just didnt want to lose out on valueable tempers jumping to 10
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    What about breaking down weapons, armor, and woodworking? Does it matter to have your extraction up for that?
  • 0311shane
    0311shane
    llSRRll wrote: »
    What about breaking down weapons, armor, and woodworking? Does it matter to have your extraction up for that?

Not sure, but I do know if you break something down occasionally you make get a " you dont have the skill to recover resourses"
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    0311shane wrote: »
    llSRRll wrote: »

Not sure, but I do know if you break something down occasionally you make get a " you dont have the skill to recover resourses"

That matters only when your char is below the level of the items it's deconstructing.

But to answer @llSRRll yes it does have an effect. If you haven't spent skillpoints in that passive, you will not gain as many blues and purples from deconstruction, as you would with those skillpoints used.