Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Final straw.

NoS_smoke
NoS_smoke
✭✭✭
Age old tale I know but this is ridiculous. I'm coming up on my 120th VMA run and still no 2h. Not from weekly rewards and not one in any of my runs. I have lost so much time and my life doing content that was initially fun but now just feels like a never ending time suck. I did the same thing for Engine guardian shoulders and never got those. There has to be some other way...I have friends who got both the needed Maelstrom weapons in 10 runs. Yet I'm well over 100. So yeah man, I just don't get it. I feel like if you do the work you should get rewarded. I can no longer obtain cps and I don't need 20 staffs and 1h+s maelstrom weapons so am I missing something here. Or is this just how the game is suppose to work...I no this is on deaf ears I just had to vent man. So upset right now.
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RnG is a cruel mistress...or dude. Whatever you prefer
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is a game man, if you don't enjoy it, why are you doing it? Treating a game like a job will kill your drive to play, and your capacity to enjoy it.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NoS_smoke wrote: »
    I don't need 20 staffs

WTT a staff for 2 hander :|
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Alabyn
    Alabyn
    ✭✭✭
    It's a problem with best-in-slot vertical progression designs. Best thing to do is just turn to a different part of the game for a while.
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardest content in the game. Reward does not match for the rng and difficulty.

'The malestrom arena instead of rewarding you. It will PUNISH YOU! love zos.
  • NoS_smoke
    NoS_smoke
    ✭✭✭
    This is a game man, if you don't enjoy it, why are you doing it? Treating a game like a job will kill your drive to play, and your capacity to enjoy it.

Game would be fun if it rewarded me..
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Judas Helviaryn

Dude you are 100% not wrong... still we all want something n want to enjoy reward we want... not feel punished for it :( as min maxer n just someone who wants a 2 hander i dont wanna go in maledeppersion arena again
  • nordickittyhawk
    nordickittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Game would be fun if it rewarded me..

The feels.
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bind on Pickup = Cancer of ESO
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is only an issue because it's solo content. You're playing alone and not sharing any fun with others.

If it were group (4-man) then it's worth doing cause others need gear too.

Again...not ignoring any other concerns, this game should not have any solo-only content. No issues with things being solo-able but why in the world is this solo only.

No logic in this
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 29, 2016 12:57AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Function
    Function
    ✭✭✭
    Ill give you 5 sharpened 2H axes for 1 sharpened inferno. Oh wait.. >.<
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bind on Pickup is just the worst thing ever.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bop is the problem. Not only does it cost gold and time to do this. The reward is useless and a real gold and time sink with no rewards if you get weapon not suitable. I am not even gonna bother trying vMA until make it so progress is saved
    Edited by aLi3nZ on February 29, 2016 1:06AM
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »
    Bop is the problem. Not only does it cost gold and time to do this. The reward is useless and a real gold and time sink with no rewards if you get weapon not suitable. I am not even gonna bother trying vMA until make it so progress is saved

Next patch I believe :)
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Age old tale I know but this is ridiculous. I'm coming up on my 120th VMA run and still no 2h. Not from weekly rewards and not one in any of my runs. I have lost so much time and my life doing content that was initially fun but now just feels like a never ending time suck. I did the same thing for Engine guardian shoulders and never got those. There has to be some other way...I have friends who got both the needed Maelstrom weapons in 10 runs. Yet I'm well over 100. So yeah man, I just don't get it. I feel like if you do the work you should get rewarded. I can no longer obtain cps and I don't need 20 staffs and 1h+s maelstrom weapons so am I missing something here. Or is this just how the game is suppose to work...I no this is on deaf ears I just had to vent man. So upset right now.

If it makes you feel any better, I've completed Dragonstar too many times to count (including 2 manning it 2 nights ago which I'm pretty chuffed about) and don't have a single master weapon to show for it....
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Khamira
    Khamira
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe RNG should look on what weapon you are actually using. Because, you know, if you're a Stamblade DW/Bow you wouldn't want a resto staff, right? So instead of just trowing junk at you they should check "Oh, so you probably want a replacement for your lame bow, right? Here's your Maelstrom one"

Simple as checking weapon slots before rewarding player.
    Kha'jira's Scribbles - Such Blog, Many Thingies, Very Wow!
  • hydrocynus
    hydrocynus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP Simple honest question: you are doing it in veteran mode right?

If so count yourself lucky. You are one of the few that can actually finish it. I can't even get past round 3 so I don't even get a shot at opening the chest.
    Edited by hydrocynus on February 29, 2016 10:19AM
    My internet is invalid
  • themdogesbite
    themdogesbite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still dont understand why there isn't any token system in place for the loot, its silly haveing to run the same thing hundreds of times in order to get what you need..
    :]
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hydrocynus wrote: »

If so count yourself lucky. You are one of the few that can actually finish it. I can't even get past round 3 so I don't even get a shot at opening the chest.

Well, clearing vMA is not about luck...
    Getting weapons is another story.
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on February 29, 2016 11:02AM

PC/EU
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random rewards (or no rewards) is a thing of the past, there should be a token system where you could eventually buy or trade for the item you wanted.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • NoS_smoke
    NoS_smoke
    ✭✭✭
    They say they cater towards the casual players yet I was one of the first stamblades to beat it on Xbox when it came out and I have consistently beat it over 10 Times a week and not achieved a reward. I only have 1 character and have no need for all these other weapons. Its like I love aspects of this game but the devs keep trying to ruin it. WOW used to be eng when I played it but if my guild cleared the content then I got the gear. Feels like this game went backwards.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lucky enough to be both good enough to clear it and have friends (or at least guildmates) who are also good enough to clear it.

I've certainly gotten screwed out of endgame progression in games on the second part, and, unfortunately, that is luck based.
  • mtwiggz
    mtwiggz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bind on Pickup = Cancer of ESO

This. This right here.
  • iamnotweakrwb17_ESO
    iamnotweakrwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game needs tokens to compensate for fail RNG.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bind on Pickup = Cancer of ESO MMOs

Fixed that for you...

But, you know, seriously, it's kinda true. BoP problems go way beyond just ESO. On top of that Bind to Character are the worst. At which point, we can just be thankful that this stuff isn't BtC. But, if they're insisting on sticking with a BoP system, at least make it token based.
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fixed that for you...

But, you know, seriously, it's kinda true. BoP problems go way beyond just ESO. On top of that Bind to Character are the worst. At which point, we can just be thankful that this stuff isn't BtC. But, if they're insisting on sticking with a BoP system, at least make it token based.
    X_X
    Trophy achievements in eso used to be bound-on-pickup, now they are all bound-on-character. Since you can't really get loot other than leather/hide from animals way below your level, many veteran characters can't get collectibles achievements that they want, because those animals/creatures don't exist or there are too few of them in other parts of the game.

I have deconstructed a ton of engine guardian shoulders and helmets, and many other things such as vDSA master weapons - and I still miss my damn v16 divine spell power cure shoes - meanwhile my friends got v16 divine spell power cure shoes, but they want essense thief and jolting...so they deconstruct those Q.Q we can't trade, we can't sell, we don't get what we want = the system feels unrewarding and annoying.

I'm getting more and more angry while I type this... I really hate RNG and unrewarding BoP/BoC poop.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lucky enough to be both good enough to clear it and have friends (or at least guildmates) who are also good enough to clear it.

I've certainly gotten screwed out of endgame progression in games on the second part, and, unfortunately, that is luck based.

Well... I have extremely bad luck with vMA. Im getting terrible lag and random fps drops, Im getting kicked to login screen, I'm getting mobs stuck with 0% hp and still alive... But still, Im able to beat it.
    Getting weapons with this rng is another story. But just clearing it is quite possible for a decent player.

PC/EU
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fixed that for you...

X_X
    Trophy achievements in eso used to be bound-on-pickup, now they are all bound-on-character. Since you can't really get loot other than leather/hide from animals way below your level, many veteran characters can't get collectibles achievements that they want, because those animals/creatures don't exist or there are too few of them in other parts of the game.

I have deconstructed a ton of engine guardian shoulders and helmets, and many other things such as vDSA master weapons - and I still miss my damn v16 divine spell power cure shoes - meanwhile my friends got v16 divine spell power cure shoes, but they want essense thief and jolting...so they deconstruct those Q.Q we can't trade, we can't sell, we don't get what we want = the system feels unrewarding and annoying.

I'm getting more and more angry while I type this... I really hate RNG and unrewarding BoP/BoC poop.

You're preaching to the choir here. I spent about five hours farming up a damn nix hound eye before the switch over happened, for my V15 pact character on a Dominion NB.

The trophy drops really should be account wide. I don't mean account bound, just, you unlock it on one, ALL of them get it. Same with Fish. Those achievements are such a pain. Especially since the only place you can get some of the Cyrodiil fish are down next to one of the Dominion gates.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... I have extremely bad luck with vMA. Im getting terrible lag and random fps drops, Im getting kicked to login screen, I'm getting mobs stuck with 0% hp and still alive... But still, Im able to beat it.
    Getting weapons with this rng is another story. But just clearing it is quite possible for a decent player.

Yeah, I've been in runs, (not in ESO, mind you), where the entire team ground our faces off on a boss because one or two players couldn't carry their weight. I've had a few bad Vet Dungeon runs, but most of those boiled down to all of us being a little off our feed. It happens. It's still luck, though.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A token system - like suggested many times already on the forum - would solve this. You would get a token and can exchange it for the item in the set which you need. This would remove all the frustration coming with RNG.