The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Soul-Shriven motif and Katanas!

• Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    I'm so gonna be roleplaying as a reaper with that massive scythe :lol:

Would go well with the scarecrow costume!
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Darkeus
    Darkeus
    ✭✭✭
    arent these katanas a bit to slim?
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    latest?cb=20110927225512

Nope they are fine.
    Some of my favorite screenshots
    My opinions and posts are mostly on a PvE setting.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ra'Shtar wrote: »
    Rejoice Tamriel we now have craft-able Katanas, yes actual Katanas and they come from the Soul Shriven Motif very easy to obtain. Where do you obtain the style stones you ask? Very straight forward answer they come from doing dolmens, yes something as easy as those lovely death traps but i will no longer delay your eyes from basking in the greatness of such weapons below you will find pictures of Voidstone Katanas and the style book if you care to read it.

The Katanas.
    MwfdasW.png
    KJP0T4N.png
    2X9C415.png
    tsmCK5e.png
    sD4I1d3.png
    Uedfhq1.png

The other Soul-Shriven Weapons in Rubedite (dagger is bugged can't properly show it).
    D2YhI4D.png
    1qNUimA.png
    5Mo6dX7.png
    muxW1yb.png
    Si1d4K6.png
    7Ma070N.png
    57zuxiq.png
    dsWxrvq.png
    KOEmYXm.png
    TantAgL.png
    7NZHvJk.png
    hO9Ckgg.png

Soul-Shriven light armor and dye samples.
    TMwBuSO.png
    3mTJTuC.png
    JNWzKk9.png
    3JHWKvb.png
    pxoUOXD.png
    lAjbIiG.png

Soul-Shriven medium armor and dye samples.
    TKv6D8M.png
    LgnSNVs.png
    baT9oJv.png
    CAU6cJ2.png

Soul-Shriven heavy armor and dye samples.
    LlcgbJB.png
    jpn31wX.png
    VLWfUID.png
    1FAj2UP.png

This is going to be the best...day....ever......
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    damnit now I have to sacrifice my build for aesthetics even more!

As will I.
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rejoice Tamriel we now have craft-able Katanas, yes actual Katanas and they come from the Soul Shriven Motif very easy to obtain. Where do you obtain the style stones you ask? Very straight forward answer they come from doing dolmens, yes something as easy as those lovely death traps but i will no longer delay your eyes from basking in the greatness of such weapons below you will find pictures of Voidstone Katanas and the style book if you care to read it.

The Katanas.
    MwfdasW.png
    KJP0T4N.png
    2X9C415.png
    tsmCK5e.png
    sD4I1d3.png
    Uedfhq1.png

The other Soul-Shriven Weapons in Rubedite (dagger is bugged can't properly show it).
    D2YhI4D.png
    1qNUimA.png
    5Mo6dX7.png
    muxW1yb.png
    Si1d4K6.png
    7Ma070N.png
    57zuxiq.png
    dsWxrvq.png
    KOEmYXm.png
    TantAgL.png
    7NZHvJk.png
    hO9Ckgg.png

TMwBuSO.png
    3mTJTuC.png
    JNWzKk9.png
    3JHWKvb.png
    pxoUOXD.png
    lAjbIiG.png

TKv6D8M.png
    LgnSNVs.png
    baT9oJv.png
    CAU6cJ2.png

LlcgbJB.png
    jpn31wX.png
    VLWfUID.png
    1FAj2UP.png

I'm glad people are enjoying this it took me 6 hours to get everything done lol.
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, they add this after I just spent all my rubidium making VR16 Torugs swords????
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really, they add this after I just spent all my rubidium making VR16 Torugs swords????

If they are not gold yet then don't upgrade them, Rubedite its going to be easy to come by next patch all the nodes in wrothgar and the new zone are VR16.
  • NateAssassin
    NateAssassin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they are not gold yet then don't upgrade them, Rubedite its going to be easy to come by next patch all the nodes in wrothgar and the new zone are VR16.
    They are purple and nirn, I've been using them since, but these katanas would match my gear much better than Bosmer swords.

ZOS said this motif came from completing Cadwell's Silver, but this guy is saying it drops from Dolmens, if it actually does come from Cadwell's Silver, do you get it if you already completed it, I competed it on 2 characters.
    AD | Malaya the Mystic ─ VR16 Khajiit Sorc | Shal'ina the Swift ─ VR16 Khajiit NB | Jòhn Cena ─ VR1 Khajiit NB | Priestess Shaari ─ VR1 Temp
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They are purple and nirn, I've been using them since, but these katanas would match my gear much better than Bosmer swords.

ZOS said this motif came from completing Cadwell's Silver, but this guy is saying it drops from Dolmens, if it actually does come from Cadwell's Silver, do you get it if you already completed it, I competed it on 2 characters.

You do get the motif from the silver quest (if you have completed the quest already it will be mailed or added to your library i imagine), you get the style stone from doing dolmens the drop rate its fairly high.
    Edited by Ra'Shtar on February 15, 2016 2:20PM
  • Dark_Aether
    Dark_Aether
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everyone was already a NB in Cyrodiil, now everyone will a be a ninja too.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Everyone was already a NB in Cyrodiil, now everyone will a be a ninja too.

Somebody doesn't go to Cyrodiil often lol
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭

The Katanas.
    MwfdasW.png
    KJP0T4N.png
    2X9C415.png
    tsmCK5e.png
    sD4I1d3.png
    Uedfhq1.png

D2YhI4D.png
    1qNUimA.png
    5Mo6dX7.png
    muxW1yb.png
    Si1d4K6.png
    7Ma070N.png
    57zuxiq.png
    dsWxrvq.png
    KOEmYXm.png
    TantAgL.png
    7NZHvJk.png
    hO9Ckgg.png

TMwBuSO.png
    3mTJTuC.png
    JNWzKk9.png
    3JHWKvb.png
    pxoUOXD.png
    lAjbIiG.png

TKv6D8M.png
    LgnSNVs.png
    baT9oJv.png
    CAU6cJ2.png

LlcgbJB.png
    jpn31wX.png
    VLWfUID.png
    1FAj2UP.png

I'm glad people are enjoying this it took me 6 hours to get everything done lol.

Thank you!!! Very excited about those weapons!
  • Mivryna
    Mivryna
    ✭✭✭
    They went a bit overboard with the curve, didn't they? Oh well, I'll use it anyway.
  • eventide03b14a_ESO
    eventide03b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The Katanas.
    MwfdasW.png
    KJP0T4N.png
    2X9C415.png
    tsmCK5e.png
    sD4I1d3.png
    Uedfhq1.png

D2YhI4D.png
    1qNUimA.png
    5Mo6dX7.png
    muxW1yb.png
    Si1d4K6.png
    7Ma070N.png
    57zuxiq.png
    dsWxrvq.png
    KOEmYXm.png
    TantAgL.png
    7NZHvJk.png
    hO9Ckgg.png

TMwBuSO.png
    3mTJTuC.png
    JNWzKk9.png
    3JHWKvb.png
    pxoUOXD.png
    lAjbIiG.png

TKv6D8M.png
    LgnSNVs.png
    baT9oJv.png
    CAU6cJ2.png

LlcgbJB.png
    jpn31wX.png
    VLWfUID.png
    1FAj2UP.png

Am I the only one who thinks the armor looks awful?
    :trollin:
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Katanas.
    MwfdasW.png
    KJP0T4N.png
    2X9C415.png
    tsmCK5e.png
    sD4I1d3.png
    Uedfhq1.png

D2YhI4D.png
    1qNUimA.png
    5Mo6dX7.png
    muxW1yb.png
    Si1d4K6.png
    7Ma070N.png
    57zuxiq.png
    dsWxrvq.png
    KOEmYXm.png
    TantAgL.png
    7NZHvJk.png
    hO9Ckgg.png

TMwBuSO.png
    3mTJTuC.png
    JNWzKk9.png
    3JHWKvb.png
    pxoUOXD.png
    lAjbIiG.png

TKv6D8M.png
    LgnSNVs.png
    baT9oJv.png
    CAU6cJ2.png

LlcgbJB.png
    jpn31wX.png
    VLWfUID.png
    1FAj2UP.png

Am I the only one who thinks the armor looks awful?

Nope the armor looks like its used by a lvl 1.
  • JoshenReborn
    JoshenReborn
    ✭✭✭
    That scythe is legit and it's in axe form.......Nice.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the next patch Im gonna wear heavy soul shriven helmet, medium boots, rest light (with jerkin) + ancient orc staff. oh yeah B)
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Contraptions
    Contraptions
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weapon all look awesome, except for maybe the staff, which kinda looks like a stick. (kinda like the Prophet's staff actually)

Nice job ZOS.
    Patroller and Editor at UESP
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The weapon all look awesome, except for maybe the staff, which kinda looks like a stick. (kinda like the Prophet's staff actually)

Nice job ZOS.

I actually love how simple the staff looks, i think i might change my glass staff for those ones.
  • djyrb
    djyrb
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing and these weapons look cool for the most part, but they don't really match the armor theme IMO. I was kind of hoping that they would be more like rundown piecemeal throwaways like the armor appears to be, as opposed to these streamlined elegant katanas and such.
  • Ra'Shtar
    Ra'Shtar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the theory that the axes took their design after farmers who used their scythes to defend themselves from the daedra after they where pulled to Coldharbour.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmm, I've seen that mace on a PTS template armor set before. I thought it was from a Yokudan motif set.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    the weapons look sweet, the armor not so much...but the light armor looks OK i guess
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • I55UE5
    I55UE5
    ✭✭✭
    Dat Axe. :o
  • gen_reynard2050
    gen_reynard2050
    ✭✭✭
    Wiki_million_1.png

red-fox-emoticon-13.gif?1292871603red-fox-emoticon-13.gif?1292871603......another 1 million gold for new set styles...
    "What the lion cannot manage to do, the fox can".
  • whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    whiteshadow711jppreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kotaro finally gets his Katana's, its about time, thank you so much for the Info OP.
    Signed, Kotaro Atani.PS5 NA
    VR16/ CP 160 Khajiit Nightblade of the Aldmeri Dominion, Guildmaster and Assassin of the Queen's Hand guild on NA PC. PvP Officer in the WOLF guild on NA PS5, and of course Master Thief. Currently 3120 CP out of 3600 CP on NA PS5. Currently 810 CP on NA PC (used for PTS testing purposes only). On PS5 I am also a Master Crafter, all traits done and learned, Jewelry crafting done. all Motifs learned on PS5 except for maybe two-three Motifs. Both Companions are Max level as are their Skills.Warrior, Lover, Thief.... Nightblade. Aldmeri Dominion For Life! For the Queen!! Go Dominion or go home ! "I have no hatred for the races of Man, but they are young. Like all children, they are driven by emotion. They lack the wisdom that comes with age. I would sooner place an Altmer infant on the Ruby Throne than surrender Tamriel to their capricious whims. The Altmer, the Bosmer and the Khajiit share the common traits of intelligence, patience and reason. We do not seek riches or plunder. Domination is not our goal, nor is the acclamation of power for its own sake. Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." ―Your Queen Commands, Ayrenn Arana Aldmeri.(All 18 characters are AD only! This one is a AD Loyalist)Member of ESO Since January 29, 2014, started early Access 3/30/14 on PC, currently subbed on NA PS5 and on NA PC. Note- I only use PC for PTS testing purposes, the PS5 is my dedicated Game Platform.Note- for those that don't know how to say Kotaro Atani it's "Ko tar row Ah ta ni" (Ko with a Oh sound, tar which sounds like the sticky black tar stuff, row like rowing a boat, Ah with a AHHHH sound, Ta with a Tahhh sound, Neeee which sounds like knee)"The blowing sands of time wipe clean the footprints of the past...""Moonsugar may be the key to paradise, but it is through a false door...""A perfect society is always elsewhere..."- Unknown book of Khajiiti proverbs.
  • LaRoseNoire
    LaRoseNoire
    ✭✭✭
    OH MY GOD!!! i don't know what is better, the katanas, or the Two-Handed scythe.
    Amo la caricia de la noche y el susurro del viento sobre mi cuchilla helada.
    J'aime la caresse de la nuit et le frémissemet du vent sur ma dague froide.
    I love the touch of the night and the whisper of the wind on my cold dagger.
    La Rose Noire (Khajit Stamblade): Melee DPS PvE, Ganker PvP.
    La Rose Rouge (Dunmer MagDK): Melee DPS PvE, OffTank PvP, Duelist PvP.
    La Rose de Sang (Breton Magblade): Healer PvE, Healer PvP.
    La Rose Sacreé (Argonian Magplar): Healer PvE, OffTank PvP.
    La Rose Toxique (Redguard StamDK): Melee DPS PvE, Tank PvE, OffTank PvP, Duelist PvP.
    La Rose en Glace (Breton MagWarden): Tank PvE, CCTank PvP.
    Everyrone AD, SAVE THE QUEEN!
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice job ZOS.

I actually love how simple the staff looks, i think i might change my glass staff for those ones.

My thoughts exactly. I might change my glass staff for a soul-shriven one too.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    That scythe looks awful and I love scythes .__. i get it that it's more of a two handed axe. Or worse the traditional depiction of what a scythe actually kinda is (a farming tool).

I would rather they didn't make a derped up scythe out of a two handed axe. How about a polearm skill tree and new spears and fantastical scythes.