Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Have you ever have had hard time finding a good lore friendly character name?

• Vyperia
    Vyperia
    ✭✭✭
    No, I have a lore freindly name that was easy to come up with.
    Not once. I think you can guess what my mains called :D
    PC EU - CP 810+ - @Vyperia

Vyperia - Stamsorc EP
    Aela Of Rorikstead - Stamdk EP
    Fireya at-Rusa - Stamden DC

XB NA - CP 500+ - GT Vyperia

Aleri Telvanni - Magsorc AD
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Okay my Main is usually my main through all my Elder Scrolls games... When I first started with Morrowind, I needed a name, but was, as the introduction kind of implies, ignorant of the culture of the Dunmer. So I made him Delvis Pendrillion.

I also have a Argonian Sorcerer: Strides-Through-Ash

A Khajiit Nighblade that goes by the name of Sirrvar

An Imperial Templar: Trentius Adoria

And a Altmer Pet Sorc: Named Alionthil

And an Orc DK: Bograth gro Kash
  • KhajiitiLizard
    KhajiitiLizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zorrashi wrote: »
    I wouldn't exactly call it lore friendly since my khajiiti name was never explicitly used nor has any honorifics/suffices.....
    But it sounds khajiiti enough. I basically looked at the language, started mashing some syllables together, found one I liked and stuck with it.

Ranmai Srii'ka sounds decent enough. But it is distinct and mine and that's what I care for.

It does have one... sometimes it's actually in the name itself. In this case the Ra or the S honorific. My sorc is named Rakjo (no space) but it could also be Rak-jo or Jo'Rak. A hyphen or apostrophe is not required in the name, but most names use them.
  • ThatGuyCameron
    ThatGuyCameron
    ✭✭✭
    For my Templar I went with Xanlight because Xan sounds mystical and Templars use a lot of light-based powers. And he's a High Elf with white hair.

I have the creativity of a 12 year old.
    Ebonheart EU Xbox One
  • ankhor8
    ankhor8
    ✭✭✭
    @runagate
    Black Root(Hist) Blood
    My first hist suckle after hatching resulted in my veins glowing a blackish green for a period. The same effect on my naming day. This effect also happened to my brother, yet he was abducting at 8 and only returned years later and is called Ankhor MSF Tree-blood because of his time training with some Ra-Gada that helped free him from captivity.
    http://truean-xileel.guildlaunch.com//forums/viewtopic.php?t=11049839&gid=496119
    Kota-Sax-Blood of True An-Xileel
    TrueAn-Xileel.guildlaunch.com
    Psn community page: An-Xileel
    Seth Salute
  • Tabbycat
    Tabbycat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    OK so Tabbycat isn't exactly lore friendly but it is my Thief's nickname and not her real name.

My mage is Elberta Edwinn.
    Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
    0.016%
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zash'Do
    Baal'Ri
    Relethyl
    Andronicar

Check sig ect.

Everything but Vindictive & Likkewaan is lore friendly ( 24 chars - 2 non lore friendly names )
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Ghanima_Atreides
    Ghanima_Atreides
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All my characters have lore-friendly names. Being as familiar as I am with the TES universe, and with the help of various online sources, it wasn't difficult finding them. :)
    [The Beauty of Tamriel] My collection of ESO screenshots

Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock.
  • Ceridwynne
    Ceridwynne
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I have had a hard time finding a good lore appropriate name.
    My problem is that I "have" to make all my names similar to my gamertag. So all of my names start with Ceri or Cer.
  • Bananko
    Bananko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bananko wrote: »
    I was told that I named my Imperial Nightblade wrong, that I should've ended his last name with an -us rather than with an -elli. :(

And now I've been told by someone else that how I named my Imperial Nightblade is just fine lore-wise.

So which one is it? :o