The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Authorize (access code not received)

• malicel
    malicel
    @mikaelmrwb17_ESO and @malicel are you still being asked for an access code at this time?

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Yes. I am playing from a new device so it's prompting me for an access code. Is there a work around?
    Edited by malicel on July 6, 2016 1:40AM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    malicel wrote: »
    Yes. I am playing from a new device so it's prompting me for an access code. Is there a work around?

Checking. What's your UserID?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • malicel
    malicel

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom, my user id is malicel.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom, my user id is malicel.

Got it, thank you. We've got an email out checking on this specific case (being in a new location and/or using a new device.)
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • KaylaJean
    KaylaJean
    Soul Shriven
    Hi - I have been having the same issue all day. Is there a fix yet? =[
    (I am on a new device also - bad timing for a new computer!)
  • Dreamo84
    Dreamo84
    ✭✭✭
    I am having this same issue. Not actually a new device, but I haven't played in a while so it's asking for a code to login to my account page.

Username is "Dreamo84"

Thanks
    Dream it, wish it, do it... or something...
  • michaelTH
    michaelTH
    Good too see its not ignored :) Keep up the good work
  • Grimmoric
    Grimmoric
    Soul Shriven
    UserID: Acclimate

I'm having the same problem too and I am trying to give you guys my money on the Crown Store. I'm receiving no emails. Can I get some help?
  • jemartim87
    jemartim87
    Soul Shriven
    I am also haveing the same issue. I actually have an old access code email in my inbox but I cant recieve one an email either. Im able to login to the game but not on a web browser (to buy crowns). My username is jemartim87.
  • jemartim87
    jemartim87
    Soul Shriven
    And I got the "first comment" email from the forum lol.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    We're still working on resolving the outage with our mail system that sends out the access code emails, as well as billing and account emails. There is no ETA at this time. Most of our players are currently able to log into the game, but will not be able to log into their account or Support page on the site until this issue is fully resolved. We are also looking into the few reports we've received that involve being asked for an access code when attempting to log into the game from a new location, new device, and/or due to not logging in for an extended period of time.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Grimmoric
    Grimmoric
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the reply and your efforts. Appreciate the customer service. I look forward to buying the Dark Brotherhood DLC and throwing money your way when it's fixed!
  • tritony
    tritony
    I can log into account management page now, and no check for access code.

Thank you.
  • raggadust
    raggadust
    Yes. I am playing from a new device so it's prompting me for an access code. Is there a work around?

Checking. What's your UserID?

Same here.. ive tried now ( new device, yesterday i was testing it with mine) and asks for the code again.. user id is Booig

thanks
  • mikaelmrwb17_ESO
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

...and I'm back to square one.

I upgraded to Windows 10 (on my otherwise unchanged device, from which I was able to log in just fine before), and was subsequently asked for an Access Code that I didn't get.

I was then able to log in as if nothing ever happened last night, while you were looking into the issue.

Meanwhile, I have received the access code, and I am now asked to enter it when logging into the game, but I'm told my "previous attempt to enter access code failed". The code simply won't work.

I can log into my account page on the website just fine, though.

EDIT: Received a new access code now, and it seems to work, sorry.
    Edited by mikaelmrwb17_ESO on July 6, 2016 10:05AM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

I upgraded to Windows 10 (on my otherwise unchanged device, from which I was able to log in just fine before), and was subsequently asked for an Access Code that I didn't get.

I was then able to log in as if nothing ever happened last night, while you were looking into the issue.

Meanwhile, I have received the access code, and I am now asked to enter it when logging into the game, but I'm told my "previous attempt to enter access code failed". The code simply won't work.

Glad to hear you're working now!

Everyone, the issue impacting outgoing emails for account, billing, and game was resolved around 11:55PM EDT last night (7/5.) If you are still encountering issues receiving these mails, especially access code emails, please let us know.

If you are not receiving an access code email and are unable to log in to contact Support through the normal channels, you can contact our Support team using these steps: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31973
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • raggadust
    raggadust
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Glad to hear you're working now!

Everyone, the issue impacting outgoing emails for account, billing, and game was resolved around 11:55PM EDT last night (7/5.) If you are still encountering issues receiving these mails, especially access code emails, please let us know.

If you are not receiving an access code email and are unable to log in to contact Support through the normal channels, you can contact our Support team using these steps: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/31973

Hi @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, Ive tried now and it asks for the code again, and (by the moment) is not arriving..

(when i say i've, I mean my friend with id "booig")
    Edited by raggadust on July 6, 2016 2:36PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    raggadust wrote: »
    Hi @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, Ive tried now and it asks for the code again, and (by the moment) is not arriving..

Could you please have them contact our Support team via the instructions in the link we posted above?

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • raggadust
    raggadust
    raggadust wrote: »

Could you please have them contact our Support team via the instructions in the link we posted above?

Done, ticket id #x (edited) but in the link you gave us it says:

"3. Fill out the form to the best of your ability. If you are currently using a different e-mail than the one that is associated with your ESO game account, please enter that in the Your Email Address form."

The form it doesnt have a box to insert text next to "your email adress" so ive write it all in "describe your problem in detail"

Thank you

EDIT: i couldnt enter the email because i didnt realize i was logged in the support page with my account, now ive log out and done it the proper way, new ticket id is 160706-002011

Thanks again
    Edited by raggadust on July 6, 2016 6:11PM
  • Zaronski
    Zaronski
    Soul Shriven
    I am not getting the code to authorize my computer. I was trying it at 2:00 pm yesterday and finally got an email at 10:00. Of course, because I had given up on receiving an email, when I oppened the client, it said it sent me another email and the other code is not valid.
  • raggadust
    raggadust
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom i know its a very old post, but the same issue has come again... my friend is not recieving the access code and also he can't log in to the forums, so i have to write this for him. His ID is 'booig'

thx
  • Pechii
    Pechii
    ✭✭
    Same issue here
    ID: Pechii
    No access to my account

thx
  • GeraintAmbrosia
    GeraintAmbrosia
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Sorry to revive this thread again but I recently also got this problem.
    I can log into the game just fine but can't access my account page with the browser as I don't get the email code => can't buy crowns.

ID: GeraintAmbrosia

I also opened a ticket 5 days ago

Incident: 170107-000641

but I only got an automatic email back to contact support which I can't as I can't log in with my account using the browser.
  • GeraintAmbrosia
    GeraintAmbrosia
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Sorry to revive this thread again but I recently also got this problem.
    I can log into the game just fine but can't access my account page with the browser as I don't get the email code => can't buy crowns.

ID: GeraintAmbrosia

I also opened a ticket 5 days ago

Incident: 170107-000641

but I only got an automatic email back to contact support which I can't as I can't log in with my account using the browser.

update:
    I contacted support, they changed my email and now it works again, ty!
  • nathan-wolfpub19_ESO
    nathan-wolfpub19_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Same issue here, except
    Steps I have taken:
    1) Confirmed the e-mail address to the account is one I have access to
    2) Set noreply@mail.blahblah (the real e-mail copy-pasted into the thing) as a safe sender
    3) Disabled ALL anti-virus/firewall, removed all blacklisted/blocked senders
    4) Requested multiple Access Codes over a period of 2 days
    5) Attempted to change emails, but none of the new ones receive an access code either
    6) Repeated steps 2-4 for 8 different emails ranging from outlook.com, gmail.com, school accounts such as oregonstate.edu etc

I cannot get an access code to log in to the game, I don't seem to need one for the website unless I'm anywhere but home, but I don't receive those either. So I can't get to the support forums or anything unless I'm at my house.
  • nathan-wolfpub19_ESO
    nathan-wolfpub19_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    How about putting a "THIS IS A TRUSTED COMPUTER" option under security settings in the accounts tab on the website? Huh? That way the stupid game won't ASK for it if you're using the trusted computer.....
  • raggadust
    raggadust
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Im still waiting for zenimax to help me.. Its really really annoying, im tired of making tickets one after another.. And no body in the support team helps, it seems they are not even reading what im saying, always auto-responses, its frustrating!

170124-000617 this is the ticket id, hope posting again in here could fix something
  • Lilth
    Lilth
    ✭✭✭
    Having this same problem. I was able to get my email changed thinking it was an issue with Yahoo Email but I am not receiving the Access Code at my other email provider either =((

Now clue what the problem is but I would like to play the game I paid for.

Ticket-170206-001350

I don't know why you can't have the option of sending the code via text or something.
    This is just a test........ if this was an actual sig, you would have been mildly amused..........

• Swampfox1954
    Swampfox1954
    Soul Shriven
    ZOS_CoriJ wrote: »
    If you are having issues with your one-time access code:

1.Disable any email security temporarily if you have any browser extensions and anti-virus software with these settings
    2.Add noreply@mail.elderscrollsonline.com to your list of approved e-mail senders.
    3.Check your spam or junk mail folders.◦If you are using Gmail with the Inbox categories feature, also check your Social folder.
    4.If you are using a firewall or anti-virus, temporarily disable them before requesting a new code.

If you are still having issues, reply to this thread and we will have an customer support ticket started on behalf of this issue. (The Customer Support page is currently down.)

Every time I need to LOGIN to my Account this happens and I need a code sent to me so your statement of ONE TIME ACCESS CODE is confusing as its different EVERY TIME

I have been trying for DAYS and I have not received ANY code via email yet

It has worked fine in the past but from my experience the word I would use is SOMETIMES

Asking Support is a waste of time and it seems to not gotten any better since launch

At least I can still play the game but to pre order Morrowwind which you already emailed me the info (so its not MY EMAIL that's the problem) is not possible until I can access my account

here is hoping it gets fixed

• damtorpb14_ESO
    this must be a recurring issue as it is now happening to me I travel alot so i log in from different IPs and now i cant get into my account at all cause i cant ger the access code