The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Average dps per class on single target

aLi3nZ
aLi3nZ
✭✭✭✭
What is the average Sustained dps on single target boss for 30 seconds or more for each class -Without any ultimates? I am especially curious as to the dps of nightblades as everyone says they are the best dps.

As a sourc mine is around 13k. I last checked on AA trial Mage boss fight. It only jumps to 20k with overload. Even though each overload hit is around 30k. The cast time is 1.5seconds.
Edited by aLi3nZ on January 31, 2016 1:47PM
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Think they killed the dmg meter addon.
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    aLi3nZ wrote: »
    What is the average Sustained dps on single target boss for 30 seconds or more for each class -Without any ultimates? I am especially curious as to the dps of nightblades as everyone says they are the best dps.

As a sourc mine is around 13k. I last checked on AA trial Mage boss fight. It only jumps to 20k with overload. Even though each overload hit is around 30k. The cast time is 1.5seconds.

It all depends on your abilities. I have 22k on my dk and there is a guy who can make 24k on stamblade. Can't say anything about other classes.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Xendyn
    Xendyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Think they killed the dmg meter addon.

Just the one that shows it to the entire group.
    There's plenty of individual damage meters.
    Lag is ruinin' my 'mershun!
    A society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in.
    There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance - Socrates
    Member of the Old Guard, keepers of the game's history

PC/NA
  • Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sth in between 10k on a sorc without ulti, to 30k on a DK up to 42k on a sorc only using its ulti while having a crit streak.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• asneakybanana
    asneakybanana
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In a high end group on mantikora which is a good benchmark for dps has sorcs on top at around 40k, DKs pull 35k, nbs are around 32k, and templars are about 28-30k. All of them being magicka dps. The only stam build pulling close dps to magicka is stamina dk and that's around 32k or so.
    Asneakybanana AD DK Former emperor of Chrysamere and Chillrend. World first hardmode Hel'ra and Quake con winner (Alliance rank 25)
    Asneakyhabenero EP DK Former emperor of Thornblade, Haderus. World first vMA Dk clear (Alliance rank 39)
    Asneakycucumber EP Sorc Former empress of Blackwater Bay and Trueflame (Alliance rank 32)
    Asneakypineapple EP Temp Former empress of Azuras Star and Haderus (Alliance rank 22)
    Asneakypickle EP NB Former empress of Trueflame (Alliance rank 47)
    Sweat Squad
    Crowned 27x on 12 different campaign cycles | 200M+ AP earned
    Fastest AA clear ever: 5:42 | Fastest HRC clear ever: 5:27 | NA first HM MoL
    609k Mag Sorc vMA
    NA first Tick Tock Tormentor
    NA first trinity (All No Death/HM/Speed run trials titles)
    2x Tick Tock Tormentor
  • Lenikus
    Lenikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPS is very situational.
    I'm fairly average, with my vr15 purple items with healthy jewelry, but I get some nice 10~15k with a stamblade. Sometimes I get as much as 20k, and sometimes when i have to dodge roll or ress someone, my FTC says 8k.

I would search youtube for trial runs and luk at their dps guys posting their stuff.
    ... Mai cave. >:3
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well without any ultimates, as a mag sorc I'd say 13-15k is about right. I do ~15-17k when I'm perfect with my weaving(which I'm usually not) and target is superstationary. I am using v16 gold gear and stuff but using 2 Mag Regen enchants on my jewelry(the 3rd one is spellpower).
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem with trial and any group content is that your dps will rely on your group's dps as well.

If you do 7k dps on a boss, but have done a total amount of 90% of a boss's hp, then you are a good damage dealer and your group sucks usually xD
  • Flaminir
    Flaminir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If I'm perfect on my weaving my sorc can get close to 20k without an ultimate. This is wearing Nerien'eth.

But I'm usually too sloppy on my weaving so it drops to about 17k'ish with no ultimate and no other group buffs of any kind.
    Edited by Flaminir on January 31, 2016 5:09PM
    GM of the Unholy Legacy
    EU/EP
    Sorcerer Flaminir (Magicka) / Staminir (Stamina)
    Templar Elixiia (Magicka/Healer) / Lotti Velooni (Magicka)
    DragonKnight Xalora Flaminar (Tank) / Unholy-Dragon-Toad (Tank)
    Nightblade Aimee Owlious (Magicka) / Myttens (Stamina)
    Warden: Frosti-Tute (Magicka/Healer) Boops-Many-Snoots (Stamina/Tank)
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    Stamina DK
    Magicka DK
    Stamina NB
    Magicka NB
    Magicka Templar
    Stamina Templar
    Stamina Sorc

This is a somewhat accurat ranking of the builds potential DPS according to what I have seen and heard in Hodor.
    If anyone else is in a top tier raiding guild and have a different view on the ranking feel free to "correct" me.
    In regards to specific numbers I can't give those, but I know there is somewhat of a jump between the three at the bottom, the two in the middle, and then the three at the top.
  • Swen_von_Walhallion
    Well with my stamplar can reach around 22k on sigl target bos if i am forced to moving when must novin or dodging i am happy for 10k :(
    Adraria Argentum Draco - imperial Stamplar
    Bevdyen Tus Ntxhuav - Orc Stamplar
    Celestun Ira Dei- Imperial Tankplar
    Halldis Rautt Höfuð- Nord Tankplar
    Misawa Yoshike - Breton Healplar
    Lae'ozhael - Dunmer Magplar
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »

It all depends on your abilities. I have 22k on my dk and there is a guy who can make 24k on stamblade. Can't say anything about other classes.

Also depends on what you're counting as sustained and whether or not you have support/buffs cast for you.

I wish people would use their OWN UNBUFFED OVER 30 sec AND ALSO OVER 60 sec parses.

No ele drain, no orbs, no shards, no repentance, no nothing you didn't do yourself.

These big parses in group events where the healer does all the things they should do are literally NOT the norm.

I've seen healers refuse to ele drain, don't minor sorcery, don't even have Combat Prayer unlocked, just staff and BOL heal spam and that's it.

So: What can you do on your own?

Also: I see people in guild chat always posting ONE SECOND of DPS as IF that 1 second is even parsed right.

Go to non vet but V16 Wayrest, get a tank to ONLY tank the crocodile, and kill it.

That's your own DPS.
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    Magicka Sorc
    Stamina DK
    Magicka DK
    Stamina NB
    Magicka NB
    Magicka Templar
    Stamina Templar
    Stamina Sorc

This is a somewhat accurat ranking of the builds potential DPS according to what I have seen and heard in Hodor.
    If anyone else is in a top tier raiding guild and have a different view on the ranking feel free to "correct" me.
    In regards to specific numbers I can't give those, but I know there is somewhat of a jump between the three at the bottom, the two in the middle, and then the three at the top.

All with proper buffs applied etc.

Solo on their own DPS with nothing else I would bet that's not exactly accurate, especially Magicka DK, I'd send that way down the list and put Magicka NB higher up.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My Templar 9-19k, depends on the boss!
    PC EU
  • Grisemn
    Grisemn
    ✭✭

In a high end group on mantikora which is a good benchmark for dps has sorcs on top at around 40k, DKs pull 35k, nbs are around 32k, and templars are about 28-30k. All of them being magicka dps. The only stam build pulling close dps to magicka is stamina dk and that's around 32k or so.

stamina DKs can do that much dps? you have any idea on the build they use? i would realy like to know
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im only getting 16-18k single target dps on my sorc without ulti's.

With overload Im pulling 25-28k dps without group buffs.
    With group buffs (pushing my spell dmg to 4.8k) Im getting 28-32k single target dps with overload.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was wondering why I saw my spell damage 4.8k with destro staff for a short time. I guess it depends so much on the situation. Half the time I needing to switch target to adds. Dodge roll or stack shields etc
  • Samphaa
    Samphaa
    ✭✭✭
    Im only getting 16-18k single target dps on my sorc without ulti's.

With overload Im pulling 25-28k dps without group buffs.
    With group buffs (pushing my spell dmg to 4.8k) Im getting 28-32k single target dps with overload.

If you're using torugs pact its actually higher than that. Torugs pact values are bugged on the character sheet, if you're like me and using all legendary, 2 kena, 5 julianos, 2 torugs and 3 willpower, you can, in theory hit 5012 spell damage, maybe more.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    Magicka Sorc
    Stamina DK
    Magicka DK
    Stamina NB
    Magicka NB
    Magicka Templar
    Stamina Templar
    Stamina Sorc

Solo on their own DPS with nothing else I would bet that's not exactly accurate, especially Magicka DK, I'd send that way down the list and put Magicka NB higher up.

That is definately not true. :)
    Magicka DKs have some of the best sustained DPS in this game no matter the group size or solo. I think you're confusing DPS with burst. In which case I agree.
  • Instant
    Instant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magicka Sorc
    Stamina DK
    Magicka DK
    Stamina NB
    Magicka NB
    Magicka Templar
    Stamina Templar
    Stamina Sorc

Magicka DKs have some of the best sustained DPS in this game no matter the group size or solo. I think you're confusing DPS with burst. In which case I agree.

Nbs have Grim Focus which gives them Minor Berserk even when they are doing dps without any group buffs. Maybe that doesn't change your ranking but it's still something to consider.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Grisemn wrote: »

stamina DKs can do that much dps? you have any idea on the build they use? i would realy like to know
    Maelstrom daggers / axes + a lot of dots
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instant wrote: »
    Magicka Sorc
    Stamina DK
    Magicka DK
    Stamina NB
    Magicka NB
    Magicka Templar
    Stamina Templar
    Stamina Sorc

Nbs have Grim Focus which gives them Minor Berserk even when they are doing dps without any group buffs. Maybe that doesn't change your ranking but it's still something to consider.

Yes and DKs have a lot of class buffs and the best ultimate for DPS in the game; Banner.
    They both have stuff working for them, but in the end when it comes to sustained DPS the DK class comes out on the top.
    Just going by experience and the general concensus in the raiding community here. Tomorrow someone could make a NB build that totally rekked all DK DPS, but being this late into the patch I doubt it. Maybe next patch with new class balancing. ZOS tends to flip everything upside down then they "balance" stuff.
    Maybe that means Templars will be on top for once! *continues dreaming*
  • Teflondon75
    Teflondon75
    ✭✭
    Stam sorc at the very bottom ehh? :( I love my stam sorc lol. Figured it would be terrible for group PvE haha.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pull around 18-20k in a magicka NB hybrid build, which could be boosted more if I wanted to be exclusively DPS.

A friend of mine is a bow stamblade and averages about 25k, though it varies from pull to pull (I've seen it go waaay higher, but a sustained test like blood spawn, about 25k).

I have a stamplar friend who usually maintains between 18-20k as well, and magicka dk friends who can do anywhere between 20-25k.

I have a couple of sorc friends who can pull 25-30k pretty easily as well, but I'm not certain what their numbers look like without the use of any ultimate. I know a couple of them see 45k crits for Overload.
  • FeaR Turbo
    FeaR Turbo
    Class Representative
    Grisemn wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nFq9m5RNA4

Not the best but its up there.
  • Grisemn
    Grisemn
    ✭✭
    seeing the dps most seem to do makes me even more ashamed of my horrible 9k dps, i just cant get the hang on weaving on my sorc :(
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FeaR Turbo Nice work on your DK build! I like what you're doing with it. Keep up the good work!
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Every class can pull decent dps.
    Now what is decent dps? Decent DPS is anything between 15-20k.

Can any class do more? Yes they can...
    Will you reach the same maximum dps with any class? No you will not, but does it matter?
    No, unless you go for leaderboards.
    Edited by Alcast on February 3, 2016 5:15PM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without ultimates, every class can pull 20K or more. Its easier on some than others. If you are pulling 20k single target without ulitmates, you are in the top few percent of DPS.
  • Ilterendi
    Ilterendi
    ✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    I pull around 18-20k in a magicka NB hybrid build, which could be boosted more if I wanted to be exclusively DPS.

A friend of mine is a bow stamblade and averages about 25k, though it varies from pull to pull (I've seen it go waaay higher, but a sustained test like blood spawn, about 25k).

I have a stamplar friend who usually maintains between 18-20k as well, and magicka dk friends who can do anywhere between 20-25k.

I have a couple of sorc friends who can pull 25-30k pretty easily as well, but I'm not certain what their numbers look like without the use of any ultimate. I know a couple of them see 45k crits for Overload.

I would be very interested in what his bow build looks like. Bow and DD is extremely appealing for me. I can manage some great spikes but with my crappy gear sustained nets me the 9-12k range.