The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

How much do you value a good healer?

Thorn416
Thorn416
✭✭✭
I had someone offer to pay me to be on call for healing after I helped his group with Valkyn Skoria. I obviously accepted and got 10k for my time to start.

This made me get to thinking, how many people are lacking a grade A healer for their team? I know before I made my healer, I was struggling with group content because I couldnt find a healer.

Is finding a good healer just a console problem? or do PC people have trouble with this too?
Edited by Thorn416 on January 31, 2016 10:22AM
  • Iove
    Iove
    ✭✭✭✭
    I play healer on PC, EU. Sometimes when I start something with a group I get a lot of comments like finally, we have been waiting / looking for a healer for an hour etc.
    Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem is usually blamed on the healer even when it's a fail tank issue, or dps who like to get themselves killed.

It's hard being a healer. Lots of people would rather not take on that role because of all the above, and being dps is so easy assuming the bad ones have people to carry them through their mistakes (good healer/good tank).
    Edited by babylon on January 31, 2016 10:26AM
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    must be hard to press your breath of life button, if only i knew it was worth 10k to do that
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Thorn416
    Thorn416
    ✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    must be hard to press your breath of life button, if only i knew it was worth 10k to do that

LOL you just showed everyone you have no idea what we're talking about, poor you!
    Options
  • Iove
    Iove
    ✭✭✭✭

What an attitude... Hope I never have to play with you.

Edited by Iove on January 31, 2016 10:31AM
    Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You must be that dps guy who loves to get himself killed.
    Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's hard to find healers, especially good healers, on PC aswell. If you only want someone who spams healing springs/BoL on you, you will find someone rly fast. But a good healer does more:
    - helping with resourcemanagement (ele-drain, spearsshards, orbs, repentance, siphon spirit)
    - Buffing your group (combat prayer, aggressive warhorn, maybe spellpower cure, minor sorcery)
    - doing some damage inbetween

and of course, keeps his group alive ;-)

I know it's a lot of work for the healer, but it's possible and makes dungeonruns a lot easier.
    Noobplar
    Options
  • MrDerrikk
    MrDerrikk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I treasure it more now that Ive started pugging dungeons with my own. Being a good healer is way, way harder than a DD.
    I have departed into the great unknown that is outside the game and the forums, and wish you well in your Tamriel adventures!

DC - PC - EU - Australian
    VR11 Mrderrikk: Breton Stam Sorc (Vamp) | VR16 Derrikkinblack: Dunmer Mage DK | VR3 Cuts-Until-It-Dies: Argonian Magicka NB

Oh look, Anook.
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thorn416 wrote: »

LOL you just showed everyone you have no idea what we're talking about, poor you!

babylon wrote: »

I really hope you 3 are not serious
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You just got /booted
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You just got /booted
    Realise I've been playing Templar for almost 2 years + the extra months I've had healing on my Sorcerer before I got into it
    Purify + Breath of Life is all you need to do, please tell me how that is hard to do

In PvE, healing is so easy it's fool proof, PvP healing raids/zergs/medium groups is a bit harder to do since you actually need to spec for survival and a lot of regen but PvE? No way.
    Edited by Nifty2g on January 31, 2016 10:38AM
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Realise I've been playing Templar for almost 2 years + the extra months I've had healing on my Sorcerer before I got into it
    Purify + Breath of Life is all you need to do, please tell me how that is hard to do

If that's all you do, then you are a terrible healer.
    Options
  • Iove
    Iove
    ✭✭✭✭
    Destruent wrote: »
    It's hard to find healers, especially good healers, on PC aswell. If you only want someone who spams healing springs/BoL on you, you will find someone rly fast. But a good healer does more:
    - helping with resourcemanagement (ele-drain, spearsshards, orbs, repentance, siphon spirit)
    - Buffing your group (combat prayer, aggressive warhorn, maybe spellpower cure, minor sorcery)

I know it's a lot of work for the healer, but it's possible and makes dungeonruns a lot easier.

Don't forget crowd control, a big part of doing healing role also. Stuns via Nova. And interrupting healers and spellcasters/archers to help group.
    Dealing damage when it's crucial because usually my DDs don't know that they have to kill the adds/orbs or whatever boss mechanic when some of them will heal the boss but my DDs still stay on boss... Sigh. So I do their job too and no one even notices.
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I mean, I use Repentance for my self in my normal rotation which is the easiest way to time it instead of having people tell you, and I use shards for damage so I didn't include those.

(you should probably check the links in my signature and watch some of my videos)
    Edited by Nifty2g on January 31, 2016 10:41AM
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Alorier
    Alorier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would also put repetance on your bar , having played both healer and tank as I have no real dps and been blamed for the fail because the tank or dps don't really know where to stand , all I would say is all these peeps that moan build a healer or tank and give it a go , I actually tell randoms that ask if I'm a healer that I'm not as I don't want the hassle

Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Don't forget crowd control, a big part of doing healing role also. Stuns via Nova. And interrupting healers and spellcasters/archers to help group.
    Dealing damage when it's crucial because usually my DDs don't know that they have to kill the adds/orbs or whatever boss mechanic when some of them will heal the boss but my DDs still stay on boss... Sigh. So I do their job too and no one even notices.

I only use Nova on big groups when the tank has his warhorn up. If not, you will use warhorn.
    Regarding DPSing...what else should i do if all buffs are up and group is at full health? Overhealing??
    Btw...bossmechanics??
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Iove
    Iove
    ✭✭✭✭

I only use Nova on big groups when the tank has his warhorn up. If not, you will use warhorn.
    Regarding DPSing...what else should i do if all buffs are up and group is at full health? Overhealing??
    Btw...bossmechanics??

Oh I'm not disagreeing with you, I'm just adding some more :)

I pretty much have Nova on my bar all the time though <3
    Options
  • Fuzzybrick
    Fuzzybrick
    ✭✭✭
    There are a lot of good healers out there, it's the tanking and dps that make a difference. If you can't kill the boss the healer can't keep you alive forever. And stay outta red and block. Can't heal through 30,000 damage.
    "A TROLL, HUH? WELL, THERE'S ONLY ONE SOLUTION FOR THAT, DESTROY ALL THE BRIDGES IN THE WORLD!"-- Uncle Grandpa

VR 16 Stamina Templar
    VR 16 Magicka Templar
    VR 16 Magicka NB
    VR 16 Stamina DK
    VR 16 Magicka DK
    VR 16 Stamina Sorc
    VR 16 Magicka Sorc

Options
  • Destruent
    Destruent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Btw...bossmechanics??

I'd rather slot meteor for the extra magicka/regen. You won't use those ultimates usually, so it's better to look at the passives.
    Noobplar
    Options
  • Iove
    Iove
    ✭✭✭✭

Btw...bossmechanics??

I'd rather slot meteor for the extra magicka/regen. You won't use those ultimates usually, so it's better to look at the passives.

1. This is off-topic now.
    2. I didn't say I never change my ultimates, I do. I was using Nova as an example of the massive CC we can do.
    3. Stop attacking people who are supporting your point.
    Options
  • reclaimervii.sierra117ub17_ESO
    Wow

No u R
    Options
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a lot harder to find a tank, objectively speaking. Both in guilds and zones.

On my derp tank I get groups instantly. On my perfectly created BiS everywhere Spellpower Cure healer with every single skill available, I'm no way near as popular lol.

No clue why, because all classes can tank dungeons successfully. So there should be more tanks with 4/4 classes available. But all classes cant keep total pug rejects alive, only templar healers can carry disaster groups. Pugs knows this, so they want a templar. Should logically be harder to find healer because of class restrictions. But it's not.

So there's basically more templar healers around in PvE than overall amount of tanks any class :astonished:
    Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow

No u R

zzz
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the healers I know DPS in between ;)
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

the healers I know DPS in between ;)
    Oh I didn't know that ;)
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • GilGalad
    GilGalad
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I mean, I use Repentance for my self in my normal rotation which is the easiest way to time it instead of having people tell you, and I use shards for damage so I didn't include those.

(you should probably check the links in my signature and watch some of my videos)

I'm totally on Nifty's side. All dungeons can be healed with breath of life only. The rest of the time can be used to support and do dmg. Good healers will run elemental drain, shards (AOE dmg and stun), repentance (AOE heal), aggressive war horn (best group ultimate), purifying light (single target dmg, hot) /reflective light one of those for the 5% spell dmg, maybe magicka orbs if the tank doesn't use them.
    In my opinion there are two kinds of bad healers: the ones that let people die to dmg that could have been healed and the ones that do nothing but healing. Only for trials you need a pure healer using a resto staff. All the dungeons everyone will have an easier time if the healer also knows how to do good DPS. A good healer knows when he/she has to heal and when there is time to do dmg.

Fun fact: if you have one good magicka NB with funnel health and sap essence in your group you won't need a healer at all for most of the vet dungeons (except ICP, there could a healer be useful).
    Animals Unchained | PC EU
    Homestead Theorycrafting
    Math of RNG
    Options
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Playing such a dumb "healing bot" won't get a group through veteran dungeons like CoA.

I often find it absurd how DDs talk about healers and tanks.
    Some seem to perceive healers and tanks as dumb bots to serve them.
    These are usually the people where I have problems keeping them alive.

Edited by BalticBlues on January 31, 2016 11:14AM
    Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gil.Galad wrote: »

I'm totally on Nifty's side. All dungeons can be healed with breath of life only. The rest of the time can be used to support and do dmg.

I think you got it round wrong way, Nifty's side is saying to only use heal, everyone else is saying to dps/buff and whatnot inbetween.
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm totally on Nifty's side. All dungeons can be healed with breath of life only. The rest of the time can be used to support and do dmg.

I think you got it round wrong way, Nifty's side is saying to only use heal, everyone else is saying to dps/buff and whatnot inbetween.
    Are you kidding me? I'm totally against people who just heal, unless its pvp then sure but pve is so easy,
    you should read my signature and check out my videos, this is dumb
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • babylon
    babylon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Are you kidding me? I'm totally against people who just heal, unless its pvp then sure but pve is so easy,
    you should read my signature and check out my videos, this is dumb

Maybe you should learn to use your words better to explain what you mean then, all I got from you is you're a two button spam healbot, who'll probably get his group killed and otherwise doesn't contribute to the group much at all.
    Options