The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Put a minimum range on Ambus/Lotus Fan in the next incremental patch

• Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    I don't think ambush needs a minimum range. they just need to undo the *** they did to gap closers. they undo those changes and someone tries to spam ambush on you, all the power to 'em. it will be punishable.

i am not however, in favor of a nerf to ambush which doesn't even come close to treating to root problem with gap closers.

Please explain how adding a minor minimum range like every other gap closer is a nerf? Honestly please explain. I've yet to see a real explanation.

Adding a minimum range to ambush would make the skill less effective then it previously was, so it is in fact a nerf.

it's irrelevant tho as Ambush isn't even the problem. it's the mini-stun on gap closers. giving ambush a minimum range is simply trying to sweep the main issue under the rug.
    Edited by Lucky28 on February 2, 2016 5:51AM
    Invictus
  • Erynyes
    Erynyes
    ✭✭✭
    i play magicka and stam NB since just after beta, i have no problem with putting a minimum range on it, spamming bush right on top of someone is dumb, it's just taking advantage of a poor mechanic (mini stun/snare effect), but also a lot of people complain about gap closer when they run orc stamsorc or other insane mobility build ( me and my guildies even tried sanctum of ophidia set on a stam orc 2 weeks ago for the 75% increased speed, can't believe this trial/gear gonna scale to v16 soon, it's gonna be ridiculous in pvp) and then cry for spambush exploiter, while their own build/playstyle is the more likely culprit, of course people gonna gap close you if you kiting most of the time, the snare thing is bad, but you can't just run around expecting to kite everyone just because you choose to take advantage of mobility, eveything needs a counter, snare/delay on ambush need to go agreed, but i want my gap closer to work on mobile target, i'll give you minimum range np, if it still work i'm ok with it

PS BTW i find it kinda cool that lotus fan and toppling charge goes through dodge, and roll dodging is my main damage mitigation just sayin, i understand they remove that effect from dk flame lash when they nerf dodge roll, but now i would not have a problem with the whip work on dodge, give magicka dk a bone, they need it
    Edited by Erynyes on February 2, 2016 6:06AM
    PC NA
    Sword Lhasa magplar
    Dinin Freth magDk
    Shri'Neerune magblade
  • JDar
    JDar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think ambush needs a minimum range. they just need to undo the *** they did to gap closers. they undo those changes and someone tries to spam ambush on you, all the power to 'em. it will be punishable.

i am not however, in favor of a nerf to ambush which doesn't even come close to treating to root problem with gap closers.

Please explain how adding a minor minimum range like every other gap closer is a nerf? Honestly please explain. I've yet to see a real explanation.

Adding a minimum range to ambush would make the skill less effective then it previously was, so it is in fact a nerf.

it's irrelevant tho as Ambush isn't even the problem. it's the mini-stun on gap closers. giving ambush a minimum range is simply trying to sweep the main issue under the rug.

Well as I understand they are going to fix it so that the mini-stun is much shorter, no?
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This man understands what's going on. Give this man a cookie.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JDar wrote: »

Well as I understand they are going to fix it so that the mini-stun is much shorter, no?

so they say. we'll have to see how that plays out. the thing that irritates me with it is this is a rather serious issues that has a major impact on the enjoyment factor in PvP. if the changes they implement to gap closers are too little or god forbid make it worse, we'll have to wait another four months for another attempt at fixing the issue.

hopefully they actually put it in the PTS this time and take feedback.
    Invictus
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquanova wrote: »
    Takllin wrote: »
    Here we go again with another sissy nerf thread!

Why do you guys who ask for this stuff still even play the game?.....huh?

Why does anyone still play this game?.....huh?

You tell me!

Rhetorical question is it not? People like the game and the friends that they play with.

Why is it you think that people who ask for balance changes shouldn't be playing the game?

Your not asking for balance, your asking for nerfs. Does every player die to ambush spam??????
    I dont! So what your asking for is a nerf based on your personal inability to deal with that skill. So what does that mean? Huh? L2P!!!!!!
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    Why is it you think that people who ask for balance changes shouldn't be playing the game?

Because he likes spamming ambush?

:)

I don't spam ambush! I personally have had it spammed on me though and ive died from it sometimes and sometimes I kill who ever is spamming it. There's 2 points I'm trying to make here.

1. Everything in this game (currently) has a counter offer some sort.
    2. Just because you die or are annoyed by a certain skill doesn't mean it's OP, and should be nerfed!

IE, L2P!

Spaming it right into someones face doing 8k dmg + (even got hit with 11k at 18k armor) with 1 ability that cant even be dodged on the magickamorph. Id love to know where the counter is. Enlighten me pls.
    A gapcloser is never meant to be ur #1 dmg source anywhere, that would be such a stupid design u cant disagree with that neither should u be able to kill someone with it by spaming it like a maniac but yet you are.

This is poorly designed and needs a fix asap.

U simply cant push it again when u just landed into someones face. Were u really asking for this?

Even if i slightly move i get stuck again by being spammed by it. So this ability entirely disables ur movement when being spammed. Other gapclosers need a range for that and it still is stupid.
    Edited by Mumyo on February 2, 2016 7:16AM