The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Put a minimum range on Ambus/Lotus Fan in the next incremental patch

FMonk
FMonk
✭✭✭✭
There's absolutely no reason not to do this. It would take seconds to implement, and solve the majority of the problems with gap closers in Cyrodiil. The change from a root to a snare can still happen in the next major update, but most of the problems stem from this one skill being the ONLY gap closer without a minimum range, we don't need to wait to fix such an obvious issue.

@Wrobel @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BrianWheeler
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    agreed
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    The range for Ambush (1sec root)/Lotus Fan (6 second snare) is 22 Meters which falls short of most ranged abilities in the game. Bolt Escape/Streak has a smaller area of effect but also does not have a minimum range to use. Both skills are similar in the fact that the animation is "similar." These skills are also very expensive to spam, even though it's routinely spammed by players. I'm not sure why this makes people rage so hard... it's no different from any other skill being spammed in game. Find a counter.

Toppling/Explosive Charge both have a minimum range as well as the 1H skill Shield Charge. These skills are also similar in the way they perform.

As it is, I don't think anything needs to change IMO.
    Server: PC - North America - Daggerfall/Ebonheart

Guilds: Order of the Bear | From The Dust

Blaze | Sorcerer | DC | Former Empress
    Ulterior Motive | Templar | DC
    Detka's Tank | Dragon Knight | DC
    Tëmpëst | Sorceror | EP | Former Emperor
    Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
    Ashléy Olsén| Dragon Knight | EP
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we also make sure no gap closer does damage or knockdown when you're in a dodge roll. Defeats the entire purpose for rolling in the first place.

Edited by hammayolettuce on January 31, 2016 9:41PM
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    rokrdt05 wrote: »
    The range for Ambush (1sec root)/Lotus Fan (6 second snare) is 22 Meters which falls short of most ranged abilities in the game. Bolt Escape/Streak has a smaller area of effect but also does not have a minimum range to use. Both skills are similar in the fact that the animation is "similar." These skills are also very expensive to spam, even though it's routinely spammed by players. I'm not sure why this makes people rage so hard... it's no different from any other skill being spammed in game. Find a counter.

Toppling/Explosive Charge both have a minimum range as well as the 1H skill Shield Charge. These skills are also similar in the way they perform.

It either need to have a minimum range or the miny stun you get when getting gap closed needs to go. Some NBs will just spam it so it locks your abilities while someone else canes you.

They know what they're doing and do it on purpose.

So either one needs to be changed. Not bothered which.
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 30, 2016 11:17PM
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

All gap closers have the same 22m range save for leap (ultimate) and chains. Bolt escape is not a gap closer, only has 15m range and requires no target. All gap closers, except for leap, the ww pounce lock the target in place to prevent them from moving out of range. How is it so hard to realize that a gap closer, teleport or not, that denies your target from fighting back, that also has no minimum range and can therefore be spammed happily isn't a problem?
  • ksimpscnub18_ESO
    ksimpscnub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    From a NB there should be a minimum range on ambush like crit rush. Let's close gaps with ambush not spam it like that's the only dmg on our bar
    Tikijim DC NB
    Wakka Flame DC DK
    Nearcyde DC Templar

• rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »

All gap closers have the same 22m range save for leap (ultimate) and chains. Bolt escape is not a gap closer, only has 15m range and requires no target. All gap closers, except for leap, the ww pounce lock the target in place to prevent them from moving out of range. How is it so hard to realize that a gap closer, teleport or not, that denies your target from fighting back, that also has no minimum range and can therefore be spammed happily isn't a problem?

Bolt escape can work as a gap closer or an escape. If you use that logic, then you can consider leap just a damage ultimate and not a gap closer as it cannot be spammed. Neither of the abilities I mentioned "stun" you unless it was done from stealth from a NB. They merely root or snare you. You either need to return a CC in favor or find another means of escape. The point of a gap closer is to hone in on targets that prefer to stay ranged.. or to keep up with targets who attempt to flee.

I personally have not experienced being unable to use skills while being "spambushed" as others say.

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree. And remove snare/stun/root/silence from every gapcloser. Most annoying thing besides lag imo.

Edit: Some people seems to be mistaken tough. If you are trying to bolt/roll/run away, you can bet people will gapclosespam you. But spamming ambush/lotusfan at point blank range is stupid xD
    Edited by Master_Kas on January 31, 2016 2:42AM
    EU | PC
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bolt escape can work as a gap closer or an escape. If you use that logic, then you can consider leap just a damage ultimate and not a gap closer as it cannot be spammed. Neither of the abilities I mentioned "stun" you unless it was done from stealth from a NB. They merely root or snare you. You either need to return a CC in favor or find another means of escape. The point of a gap closer is to hone in on targets that prefer to stay ranged.. or to keep up with targets who attempt to flee.

I personally have not experienced being unable to use skills while being "spambushed" as others say.

Being locked in place and unable to use skills while being repeatedly ambushed/lotus is a daily common occurance. I can only assume you don't pvp often or don't play during prime time on various servers. If the skill had a minimum range it wouldn't affect its use as a gap closer like it should and will remove the issue of being locked in place.

Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭

Being locked in place and unable to use skills while being repeatedly ambushed/lotus is a daily common occurance. I can only assume you don't pvp often or don't play during prime time on various servers. If the skill had a minimum range it wouldn't affect its use as a gap closer like it should and will remove the issue of being locked in place.

Your assumption would be wrong. I've been on the receiving end of these skills multiple times, but I can still use abilities. The only times I have issues is when multiple people are doing it. As it happens, I primarily play on Azuras and Haderus (most recently) the 2 most populated servers NA-PC. I think what people may find happening is server lag coupled with this ability, especially when there are many people nearby.

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your assumption would be wrong. I've been on the receiving end of these skills multiple times, but I can still use abilities. The only times I have issues is when multiple people are doing it. As it happens, I primarily play on Azuras and Haderus (most recently) the 2 most populated servers NA-PC. I think what people may find happening is server lag coupled with this ability, especially when there are many people nearby.

It is certainly not server lag and doesn't even need multiple nightblades for it to happen either. Just because you are one person who hasn't experienced it doesn't mean it's something doesn't occur every day in Cyrodiil. It's become so wide spread and bad that nightblades now try to solely use ambush or lotus to stun lock you in place and keep you from using skills.

DARFAL COVANT
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is an issue that has been acknowledged by the Devs. They said they intend to fix it in Thieves Guild. This thread is simply a request in the meantime to change Ambush to remove the most common source of abuse.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • FMonk
    FMonk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »

It is an issue that has been acknowledged by the Devs. They said they intend to fix it in Thieves Guild. This thread is simply a request in the meantime to change Ambush to remove the most common source of abuse.

Exactly. The gap closer root/silence exists, it's been confirmed by the devs, I don't understand how anyone is arguing otherwise. Even when it's "fixed" with the Thieves Guild update, Ambush should still have a minimum range like every other gap closer. If they put that minimum range on now, multiple players spamming gap closers could still be a problem, but the large majority of issues players are having immediately go away.
  • ColoursYouHave
    ColoursYouHave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As somebody who has been playing Magicka NB almost exclusively the past month or so, I couldn't agree more. Ambush/Lotus Fan is already a very powerful skill regardless of any minimum range, there is no need to give it another major advantage over all the other gap closers. With all the talk about NBs being OP, I don't think the class really needs a ton of changes, but rather they need to go through and remove all these additional advantages that are given to an already powerful class. Really, being able to just stand there and spam Ambush and "lock out" an enemy standing right next to you is kind of cheesy, and Ambush should be used for something more practical, like spamming it on a fleeing NB to break him out of cloak ;).
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

2ai3l0z.gif
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭
    FMonk wrote: »
    Talcyndl wrote: »

Exactly. The gap closer root/silence exists, it's been confirmed by the devs, I don't understand how anyone is arguing otherwise. Even when it's "fixed" with the Thieves Guild update, Ambush should still have a minimum range like every other gap closer. If they put that minimum range on now, multiple players spamming gap closers could still be a problem, but the large majority of issues players are having immediately go away.

I'm just stating my experiences and what I think of it currently. I never said that others were not experiencing the issues they were describing. Sure any bugs should be fixed, but I don't think the skill needs to change.

Come to forums: State your opinion.
    Forums: You're wrong.
    Me: *le sigh*

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

it does when gap closers now stun/snare on impact.
    Edited by Cody on January 31, 2016 6:16AM
  • MormondPayne_EP
    MormondPayne_EP
    ✭✭✭✭

You are totally clueless aren't you?

When you are sitting on top of your opponent and your spambush the mini-stun inherent to the *** design by the Devs causes you to not be able to move...

Including a minimum range on Ambush will stop this perma-stun that is not an actual game mechanic.

So really, just stop talking because you just sound like a scrub who has spambush on all 5 ability slots and the ultimate slot as well.

• MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree, not bad nerf for nightblades, Skill is still good for mobility.
  • rokrdt05
    rokrdt05
    ✭✭✭✭

When you are sitting on top of your opponent and your spambush the mini-stun inherent to the *** design by the Devs causes you to not be able to move...

Including a minimum range on Ambush will stop this perma-stun that is not an actual game mechanic.

So really, just stop talking because you just sound like a scrub who has spambush on all 5 ability slots and the ultimate slot as well.

lol insults? You must be so good...

Fíre | Nightblade | EP
    'Fire| Nightblade | DC
    Spëctrë | Templar | DC
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "rokrdt05 wrote:
    I'm just stating my experiences and what I think of it currently. I never said that others were not experiencing the issues they were describing. Sure any bugs should be fixed, but I don't think the skill needs to change.

Come to forums: State your opinion.
    Forums: You're wrong.
    Me: *le sigh*

So you an say people are wrong and give them an incorrect fact, that when it turns out is actually incorrect it's just an opinion and people shouldn't correct you?

If you don't think it exists you are blind. You can physically feel and see you're rooted. You can see other players around you getting rooted. Watch any streamer like Fengrush or lefty and you can see exactly when someone is going to ambush or crit rush them. Hell, go to IC and gap close a moving mob and you can see. I was chasing a banner boss the other day by crit rushing him and even he was getting rooted.

It 100% exists.

I also don't know why anyone would object to spambush having a minimum range. If you're using it for it's intended purpose, what honestly is the problem? I use it to start a fight or when someone is running away. Suprise atrack is so much better to spam. Apart from it doesn't root, our that's what you're going for (which it probably is).
    Edited by Brrrofski on January 31, 2016 9:43AM
  • Cody
    Cody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

lol insults? You must be so good...

the insults were unnecessary. but in the end he/she is correct. You are either in denial because you want to take advantage of the current stun/heavy snare that is now in all gap closers, including ambush, or you have not been paying attention. Pay attention the next time you are gap closed, you will see it.
    Edited by Cody on January 31, 2016 3:35PM
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can Spampede you or Spamvasion just as easily as I can Spambush you. Get over it already. I honestly have zero problem with adding a minimum distance to Ambush, as a Nightblade main, because it literally won't change A N Y T H I N G.

You're completely missing the problem here.

The problem is that in lag, gap closers are the only reliable way for melee characters to land damage on a target.

Also the little snare thing is a problem when multiple people spam gap closers on you, but honestly, I recognize that much more often with the 2h and snb gap closers than I do with Ambush...

Fix those two issues, and this jabber about Ambush needing nerfs will end.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • ksimpscnub18_ESO
    ksimpscnub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well I disagree completely about it not changing anything since it won't be spamable at 1 meter range or right on top of you. It's just a simple fact that it needs to be changed. Also lotus fan is non dodgeable so it can be spammed on someone that just rolled dodged and tried to cloak, still brought out.
    Tikijim DC NB
    Wakka Flame DC DK
    Nearcyde DC Templar

• Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree that it should get a minimum range like other gap closers, but in that case it should also be an instant cast as other gap closers.
    It happens often enough that I "cast" Ambush and it completely bugs out; ending in it no doing anything at all.
    The Skill description was even changed a while ago from 0.8sec to instant.. so make it at least truly instant.

Would rather see a change to this immobilize/silence on gap closer tho
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Manoekin
    Manoekin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »
    Agree that it should get a minimum range like other gap closers, but in that case it should also be an instant cast as other gap closers.
    It happens often enough that I "cast" Ambush and it completely bugs out; ending in it no doing anything at all.
    The Skill description was even changed a while ago from 0.8sec to instant.. so make it at least truly instant.

The life of a Templar.
  • ksimpscnub18_ESO
    ksimpscnub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Soulac wrote: »

It is instant cast but still has the same cast animation so instant but still seems like it has to "arm"
    Tikijim DC NB
    Wakka Flame DC DK
    Nearcyde DC Templar

• Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    I can Spampede you or Spamvasion just as easily as I can Spambush you. Get over it already. I honestly have zero problem with adding a minimum distance to Ambush, as a Nightblade main, because it literally won't change A N Y T H I N G.

You're completely missing the problem here.

The problem is that in lag, gap closers are the only reliable way for melee characters to land damage on a target.

Also the little snare thing is a problem when multiple people spam gap closers on you, but honestly, I recognize that much more often with the 2h and snb gap closers than I do with Ambush...

Fix those two issues, and this jabber about Ambush needing nerfs will end.

Yeah if someone is running away from you, or you run away from them to create enough space to use every other gap closer. The problem is with Ambush spam when people are 1m from you like Tiki said.

If it won't change anything then you aren't a Nightblade that is being talked about here. Like I said in your other thread too, gap closers are not an efficient way of dealing damage at all in lag, and it is spammed whether there is lag or not.

They are adding snares to all gap closers instead of the root, so get used to it. I'd much rather take a root than not being able to use my character.
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)
  • Aquanova
    Aquanova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here we go again with another sissy nerf thread!

Why do you guys who ask for this stuff still even play the game?.....huh?
    Edited by Aquanova on January 31, 2016 5:12PM
    NA/PC
  • Takllin
    Takllin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aquanova wrote: »
    Here we go again with another sissy nerf thread!

Why do you guys who ask for this stuff still even play the game?.....huh?

Why does anyone still play this game?.....huh?
    Jadokis - AD Redguard DK v16 AR 18
    Jàsènn - AD Orc Templar 47 AR 10
    Jessèn - AD Dunmer DK v16 AR 9 - Former Empress of Blackwater Blade

Tekllin - AD Altmer Sorcerer v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Tekklin - AD Bosmer Nightblade v16 AR 12 (Ret.)
    Jasenn - DC Imperial Templar v16 AR 18 (Ret.)
    Jasènn - DC Orc Sorcerer v16 AR 15 (Ret.)