Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Hesitating to buy the Nord Hero Costume? - Check this video!

• bedlom
    bedlom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All 3 heroes have a cape! And the nord doesn't come with hes so don't expect the breton to have his either.
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I really hope Zenimax paid you to do that for them.
    JD2013 wrote: »
    So, someone who wants to show off the costume in a video to show people what it looks like, and who enjoys the game must work for Zenimax?

Gj, community.
    UrQuan wrote: »
    .... I'd be willing to bet that this video convinced some people who were on the fence that they should buy the costume, and that it convinced some other people who were on the fence that they shouldn't buy the costume.

It wasn't clear to me if this was directed at me. If so, then my statement was taken out of context.

Elloa, your video is wonderful. If anything could have convinced me to buy that costume, it would have been your video. I think it does a much better job of showing off the costume than anything Zenimax produced, and so, wow, do I hope Zenimax paid you (even if it was just in crowns) for what you did for them. Your video gives a better representation of their product than anything they did.

At the very least, your video should be featured on ESO Live.

Elloa wrote: »
    Cazzy wrote: »
    I love your videos, Elloa. I just can't justify the price.

.... I'm suscriber, I almost never purchase crowns. But I save them for special stuff so I can make videos about it. I think it's okay to charge a lot for those costume. Beside, Blizzard would charge the same prise if not more. Tera Online would be cheaper, but you could only keep the costume for one month.

We need to face the truth. Cash shop are made so the players can support the game while purchasing for themselves something fancy or usefull. And as long as it's not P2W items or unfair trade, I don't mind it to be expensive. Better to have a costume overpriced than a DLC.

This is the truth. But I still agree with Cazzy. I can't justify the price because (1) it's just a costume and (2) because it won't be unique. One day I'll go to Bank of Daggerfall and there will be four other people in the same costume. And unlike the subscription rewards, which acknowledges our continued support for the game (and, yes, I have every pet AND the Senche tiger - two full years uninterrupted subbing in May), this costume can be purchased by anyone with a credit card. Meh. It just doesn't feel special.

Maybe I'll feel differently if a certain elf's costume becomes available. In that case, I will look forward to seeing your video then.

Edited by IrishGirlGamer on January 31, 2016 5:29AM
    Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @IrishGirlGamer - the video is fantastic as a product presentation video - you, @Elloa did a much better job in presenting the costume than ZOS did. They could actually learn from you how to do such videos.
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow how can you even sell this costume ZOS looks so ugly and nothing special...
  • Chaquinho89
    Chaquinho89
    ✭✭✭
    I had to re-watch the cinematic trailers to see if that nord guy armor looked that bad... It's shameful to see such a poorly looking costume being sold for 2k Crowns...
    A set of crafted heavy imperial armors look better than this... :(

This is worth 2000 Crowns:
    60dad55f-30db-467b-9402-a3030e901f6a.jpg

This should be given as a laughable quest reward tops...
    iZsJyEJ.jpg

Edited by Chaquinho89 on February 1, 2016 3:56AM
    PC / NA.

"Each event is preceded by Prophecy. but without the Hero, there is no Event." -- Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
  • pirate3
    pirate3
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they could hire Hothtrooper to design stuff like his Immersive Armours mod for Skyrim?

19733-1-1348522448.jpg
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 3k Crowns yesterday, I didn't want to buy this... However I also didn't want to see someone in 3 months running with this and not be able to have it if I decided I wanted it, so I bit the bullet and watched the Cinematic to decide. I ended up buying it.

I don't even like it all I wanted was the helmet, now I can't even wear my tabard on that character. It does look awesome though so meh I can live with that. I do hope in the future we can hide "outfits" so that only the headgear shows.

Manimarco & this Nord Hero head gear would look sweet on some combinations I have.
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Wizzo91
    Wizzo91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ich still can't and probably never will understand people that purchase ingame costumes with real money. It makes me cringe and laugh at the same time.

The game offers such a great diversity with all the motifs and armour types. And you can dye them.

Just stop dumping your money into cosmetics and the devs will maybe put more effort and time into creating new content.

I don't think buying cosmetics actually supports the game. In the long run it is rather the opposite.
    [EU]

Wizzo - Stamina DK - 50 - DC
    Wizzox - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Vilest Wizz - Magicka Sorc - 50 - DC
    Wiser Wizz - Magicka NB - 50 - DC
    Wizzo X - Magicka NB - 50 - AD
    In Rainbows - Stam Sorc - 50 - AD
    Fake Plastic Tree - Stamplar - 50 - EP

6XX CP

• Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wizzo91 wrote: »
    Ich still can't and probably never will understand people that purchase ingame costumes with real money. It makes me cringe and laugh at the same time.

The game offers such a great diversity with all the motifs and armour types. And you can dye them.

Just stop dumping your money into cosmetics and the devs will maybe put more effort and time into creating new content.

I don't think buying cosmetics actually supports the game. In the long run it is rather the opposite.
    We can't craft clothes, costumes are our only option here.
  • Chaquinho89
    Chaquinho89
    ✭✭✭
    pirate3 wrote: »
    Maybe they could hire Hothtrooper to design stuff like his Immersive Armours mod for Skyrim?

19733-1-1348522448.jpg

Indeed... Or they could also get Newermind43, who actually made a better job into putting these characters armors into Skyrim...

68530-3-1439112968.jpg
    PC / NA.

"Each event is preceded by Prophecy. but without the Hero, there is no Event." -- Zurin Arctus, the Underking.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still laughing at the people here whining about this and about 'how it costs the same as a DLC', yet we've had mounts selling for 2500 Crown yet nobody mentions how a reskin for a mount is more expensive than an ICONIC costume. This isn't just any ordinary costume, it's an iconic one and clearly ZOS feels that it deserves limited availability- both in pricing and timeframe. They are clearly expecting only those who are hardcore fans of ESO to jump at the chance to purchase it- if not- they would have priced it lower and offered a longer availability time. Thus, this costume isn't about racking up sales, but about offering something extraordinary for a few willing to pay for it.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Grabmoore
    Grabmoore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo the Nord costume looks average at best. I wouldn't wear it, if it was free.
    Seriously, normal nord looks more epic than these clunky horns and these childish red scars...
    EU - PC - Ebonheart Pact
    Iggy Grabmoore - Argonian Magicka Templar | Nyctasha - Redguard Stamina Nightblade
    Do-Ra'Zhar - Khajiit Stamina DK | Ashmedi - Dunmer Magicka DK
    Vanya Darchow - AD Altmer Magicka Sorc | Malek gro'Kash - Orc Stam Sorc
    GM of "Handelshaus von Riften" - Trading & PvX Community
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

19733-1-1348522448.jpg

True, i just loved the Bosmer armor set, with those amazing looking short blades as well - this would be a really cool set for the TG DLC. But I guess, guys like Hothtrooper have a well paid job, his stuff is too professional for just a hobby. I am not sure though, if the Bosmer set was made by him or just included in his collection.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

19733-1-1348522448.jpg

Dont ever expect to see the amount of detail on armor in an MMO that you see in single player games (especially hi-res Skyrim mods).

Except Korean MMOs. Koreans are insanely good at making armor (Im not talking style, Im talking quality).
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on February 1, 2016 5:49PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    garbage costume for 1500 more crowns than its worth
    A+ zos
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

• Hope499
    Hope499
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like regular iron armor, but for the cost of a DLC....

oh helllllllla no
    Tripped over my friends bra.....
    ..she is always setting booby traps!
  • Frawr
    Frawr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its a nice video Elloa.

It just isn't worth spending 2k crowns on any costume ever. It is over 1 months crowns to look like 10000 other people and at the same cost as an entire DLC. They're taking the mick with this - and it feels like it. I would genuinely feel like a mug for spending so much on a costume.

I wonder whether they actually consider this... cut the margin in half and make 3x the sales....

By subbing, we are already supporting. buying this stuff adds nothing unless you bought crowns to do so.
    Edited by Frawr on February 1, 2016 8:32PM
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - 1000 points to @Elloa now you are doing advertising for the Zenimax... we have already the crappy BUY STUFF FROM OUR STORE pop up when we log in...
    Signature

• Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    - 1000 points to @Elloa now you are doing advertising for the Zenimax... we have already the crappy BUY STUFF FROM OUR STORE pop up when we log in...

Except that IF you are not interested, you can CHOOSE to NOT watch my video. ;) Amazing, isn't it!
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well to be honest, the price is absurd and it looks really bland.
  • Lysette
    Lysette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except that IF you are not interested, you can CHOOSE to NOT watch my video. ;) Amazing, isn't it!

Keep making your videos, @Elloa , they are informative, easy on the eyes and presented with your special charm. I wonder how long it takes you to make, edit and upload a video like this one?
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Over here a haircut costs about the same, or a case of beer. Haircut will last about a month, case of beer about 2-3 days... The costume will probably last me longer than that, it outlived the case of beer already. :)
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • me_ming
    me_ming
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samsayia wrote: »
    I just......

if there's ever a day they release the Breton assassin's armor, that will be the day. I don't even care if it becomes a matter of walking into the mall with everyone wearing the same shirt. I would STILL do it. It would be a shut up and take my money. No armor in the game even mildly touches the badass level of badassitude of the Breton assassin's armor.

I mean *** no armors in the game have trench coats. It's all like...either robes or short jackets.
    I know everyone is gonna pull out Edna Mode and say "No capes -A-"

But I want capes D':

imagine if you could have a cape with your guild symbol on it. Or imperial symbol. Or faction symbol. or some sort of race design. >___>;; It could be cool!!

BATMAN HAS A CAPE. It's automatically cool.

I feel you. Capes would be awesome. But yeah, realistically speaking, I doubt that will ever happen.

If they are able to pull it off without issues, I will be ZoS's *** forever! lol
    "We're heroes, my boon companion, and heroes always win! Let that be a lesson to you."
    -Caldwell, "The Final Assault"

"There is always a choice. But you don't get to choose what is true, you only get to choose what you will do about it..."

-Abnur Tharn, "God of Schemes"]
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except that usually i like to watch every video you do... and i liked you for your "Neutral" point of view even if you are a little of a fangirl...
    Signature

• Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Except that usually i like to watch every video you do... and i liked you for your "Neutral" point of view even if you are a little of a fangirl...

Yes, but this is not a promotion-video. It's a showcase video. That's very different! My goal is to show off limited edition mount / costume, that I purchase with my own crowns, (or possibly use a guildie if I really don't want the mount/costume in question). I'm not gaining anything of this!
    Obviously I try to make the video nice and pretty, choosing the right landscape, and the right music than just showing a character wearing the armor. I want to have fun while working. Those videos that are short and with a easy theme are very fun to edit from a creative point of view. Have you see the zombie horse video? I think it's my best one. You will easily see in that particular video that I'm not promoting a mount, but rather have fun with the movie edition.

@Lysette It take me between 1 and 2 h to record and edit this kind of videos. Thanks for your encouragement.
  • Iove
    Iove
    ✭✭✭✭

19733-1-1348522448.jpg

Indeed... Or they could also get Newermind43, who actually made a better job into putting these characters armors into Skyrim...

68530-3-1439112968.jpg

x(

I miss modders. This game needs them. BADLY
  • UrQuan
    UrQuan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So somehow in your mind a video where she does nothing but show it from way more viewpoints than you could see it from in the preview without any commentary at all about whether she even likes it herself is somehow not a "neutral" point of view? How dare she show something without any commentary at all! Clearly if someone shows something in a video it must mean that they're strongly in favour of it! That means that anyone who shows a video of a bug or an exploit must be saying that they love and support bugs and exploits! I'm sorry, but your irrational and unreasoning bias is showing.
    Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
    Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
    Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
    Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
    J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
    Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
    Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
    Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
    Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
    Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
    Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
    Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
    Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
    Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
    Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
    Someone stole my sweetroll
  • Shogunami
    Shogunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've personally never gotten the whole "spend money to look the same as others who spend money".

Looks kind of cool, I guess. Would rather like a "transmog" system or costume customisation thing.
    -
    "I think Orcs first turned a bear head into food because it looks amazing." -Orzorga.
  • bertenburnyb16_ESO
    bertenburnyb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Planned to but it
    then saw mehh it looked ingame
    then saw thé rediculous price tag they slapped onto it

.... Ow zos, u do know how to dissapoint
    Haze Ramoran Dunmer Dragonknight Tank/Dps – Smoked-Da-Herb Saxheel Templar Tank/Healer

Red Diamond, Protect us 'til the end (EU EP Thorn)
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    UrQuan wrote: »

So somehow in your mind a video where she does nothing but show it from way more viewpoints than you could see it from in the preview without any commentary at all about whether she even likes it herself is somehow not a "neutral" point of view? How dare she show something without any commentary at all! Clearly if someone shows something in a video it must mean that they're strongly in favour of it! That means that anyone who shows a video of a bug or an exploit must be saying that they love and support bugs and exploits! I'm sorry, but your irrational and unreasoning bias is showing.

Nah it was more about THIS video related to THIS forum thread and his title.
    She has clarified her point of view and i'm fine with it.

Move along i'm not a hater... XD
    Signature