Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Hesitating to buy the Nord Hero Costume? - Check this video!

• munkt0r
    munkt0r
    ✭✭✭
    The hilarity of cosmetic DLC marketing strategy kills me.

No offense to anyone that does buy some of this stuff, your money, spend it how you will. I just find it funny. I really do.

• Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks great! Would totally buy it if it were a motif. :neutral:
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • MikeB
    MikeB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, no matter how much you shine it, a turds still a turd.
  • Pangnirtung
    Pangnirtung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all a matter of opinion and taste.

Even if it was free I wouldn't have it.
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The video doesnt show it very well but that belt/corset makes almost every character's midriff look awkward/bloated when looked at from behind (which is how youll be looking at your char most of the time).
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on January 28, 2016 11:19PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's the price that's making me not wanting to buy it. 2k crowns is utter ripoff.
    and the female one is ugly
    Edited by Artjuh90 on January 28, 2016 11:15PM
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FB_IMG_1454021752859_zpskmjko6bz.jpg
    Don't forget that awesome clipping
    Edited by Mojmir on January 28, 2016 11:17PM
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

Lmao :D
  • IrishGirlGamer
    IrishGirlGamer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, I really hope Zenimax paid you to do that for them.

Valar Morghulis.

Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull. Arya Stark

You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well. Sansa Stark

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. Desmond Tutu
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    I just......

if there's ever a day they release the Breton assassin's armor, that will be the day. I don't even care if it becomes a matter of walking into the mall with everyone wearing the same shirt. I would STILL do it. It would be a shut up and take my money. No armor in the game even mildly touches the badass level of badassitude of the Breton assassin's armor.

I mean *** no armors in the game have trench coats. It's all like...either robes or short jackets.
    I know everyone is gonna pull out Edna Mode and say "No capes -A-"

But I want capes D':

imagine if you could have a cape with your guild symbol on it. Or imperial symbol. Or faction symbol. or some sort of race design. >___>;; It could be cool!!

BATMAN HAS A CAPE. It's automatically cool.
    Edited by Samsayia on January 28, 2016 11:42PM
  • mrdaveqc
    mrdaveqc
    ✭✭✭
    Samsayia wrote: »
    I just......

if there's ever a day they release the Breton assassin's armor, that will be the day. I don't even care if it becomes a matter of walking into the mall with everyone wearing the same shirt. I would STILL do it. It would be a shut up and take my money. No armor in the game even mildly touches the badass level of badassitude of the Breton assassin's armor.

I mean *** no armors in the game have trench coats. It's all like...either robes or short jackets.
    I know everyone is gonna pull out Edna Mode and say "No capes -A-"

But I want capes D':

imagine if you could have a cape with your guild symbol on it. Or imperial symbol. Or faction symbol. or some sort of race design. >___>;; It could be cool!!

Forget about the cape. They will never do it :(
    Ps4 NA DC
    Sorcerer vampire v16
    Templar v11
    Flawless Conqueror
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gonna pass and wait for the Breton Hero costume.

It CANNOT disappoint
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love your videos, Elloa. I just can't justify the price.
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mojmir wrote: »

so you are going to post this in every thread?
  • Artjuh90
    Artjuh90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vox wrote: »

It CANNOT disappoint

wanna bet?
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope the DC one isn't as low res and plain as this one. Especially for 2k crowns.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • Samsayia
    Samsayia
    ✭✭✭
    Artjuh90 wrote: »
    Vox wrote: »

It CANNOT disappoint

wanna bet?

Errybody wanna look like breton batman. They'd be losing out on so much easy money if they eff it up.

If they release the breton assassin they have to release capes. He has a cape. CAPES >___>;; It could be a thing!
    I wouldn't even care if you had to BUY a cape from the crown store and it didn't add stats or anything and was purely cosmetic.
    mrdaveqc wrote: »

Forget about the cape. They will never do it :(

D: Can't give up! Never surrender!

• DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    DELETED!
  • Elloa
    Elloa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »

It's something cosmetic, useless, but quite cool and rare. The occasion for Zenimax to make some money. I'm fine with that.

I'm suscriber, I almost never purchase crowns. But I save them for special stuff so I can make videos about it. I think it's okay to charge a lot for those costume. Beside, Blizzard would charge the same prise if not more. Tera Online would be cheaper, but you could only keep the costume for one month.
    We need to face the truth. Cash shop are made so the players can support the game while purchasing for themselves something fancy or usefull. And as long as it's not P2W items or unfair trade, I don't mind it to be expensive. Better to have a costume overpriced than a DLC.
  • Xantaria
    Xantaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you work for Zenimax?
    Xantaria - Lead of Chimaira
    Hardcore Progress PvE Player - Livestream - Youtube

World First Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    World First Tick-Tock Tormentor

Proud Member of the Council of Exploiters.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elloa wrote: »

It's something cosmetic, useless, but quite cool and rare. The occasion for Zenimax to make some money. I'm fine with that.

I'm suscriber, I almost never purchase crowns. But I save them for special stuff so I can make videos about it. I think it's okay to charge a lot for those costume. Beside, Blizzard would charge the same prise if not more. Tera Online would be cheaper, but you could only keep the costume for one month.
    We need to face the truth. Cash shop are made so the players can support the game while purchasing for themselves something fancy or usefull. And as long as it's not P2W items or unfair trade, I don't mind it to be expensive. Better to have a costume overpriced than a DLC.

As someone who is playing SWTOR right now I can support these costumes and prices on ESO. At least we know what we're getting for the money spent rather than RNG boxes where you might if you're lucky get something good.

As Elloa said, end of the day they need to make money for the game to survive and even with the complaints received every time a new item is released (we literally get threads with every new item) people buy them. The only way ZOS will ever change their price scheme is if something bombs out fully and doesn't sell.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • khele23eb17_ESO
    khele23eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    munkt0r wrote: »
    The hilarity of cosmetic DLC marketing strategy kills me.

No offense to anyone that does buy some of this stuff, your money, spend it how you will. I just find it funny. I really do.
    Elloa wrote: »

Pay to win is a no-no. But theres one more deal breaker for me when it comes to cash shops - when devs deliberately make earning rewards in game unneccessarily annoying/time consuming just to make people buy them from the CS. It is not the case with the costume but ZoS is guilty of this with a few items.

As for the video its pretty cool as promotional material. Wish you didnt avoid shots from the back which show how awkward/chubby the belt makes most characters look.
    Edited by khele23eb17_ESO on January 29, 2016 1:57PM
    P2P offered you 'hell yeah!' moments. F2P offers you 'thank god its over' moments.
  • Chelos
    Chelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You may say what you like about the costumes, they still cost the same as the new DLC.
    That's just wrong
    • Ich bin nicht merkwürdig ich bin eine limitierte Auflage!
    • I'm not weird I'm limited edition!
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope ZOS is paying you well for posting this.......
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG lol I lost it in the beginning of the video when it zoomed up on his face. 10/10 for comedy value
  • Ravereth
    Ravereth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not interested in any shopping and renewing subscription until ZOS cope with the servers issues and many bugs in the game that players reported many times.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nicely edited video, as always.

• Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, I wish I had have watched Elloa's version before basing my decision on Jeff the Nord's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RqBykCFD7Q
  • sadownik
    sadownik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can someone of those people that like the costume explain to me whats so good about? To me it seems another T-shirt amour.
  • BreacaT
    BreacaT
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's perfectly priced.

Hopefully, that will help make it a little bit more unique in the world, and so it should be. I think there should be more premium items like this.

After purchasing a new pet/outfit or whatever, the last thing I really want to see is every other player sporting the same pet/outfit. IRL not everybody likes the same things or can afford the same things, so why should this be any different, and then there are those haters who just hate for the sake of it or because their 'pockets aren't so deep'.

Ultimately, it doesn't suit my templar character, but I might get it for a future alt using the ESO plus crowns I've accumulated.

Oh, and nice video.

Remember red = dead and a dead dd deals no dps.