Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

old kalgon's keep

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
i've been trying to do the old kalgon's keep boss at rivenspire for a while, but somehow i'm stuck with this one. it's a V3 boss and i'm V16 and i'm still unable to do it. the last time i tried i used all V14 legendary armor and weapons with all sets correctly paired, but still i always get killed at the first hit, one single hit that i can't avoid and i'm dead. is this normal? i never had this problem with any boss before.
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ha is this the one with like the three necromancers in it?
    N64 NA EP
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ha is this the one with like the three necromancers in it?

yep... exactly that. it's insane :')
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, this is a boss that is most difficult to solo.

I have had luck kiting out one of the Bosses and burning them down when I was at lower levels. I would accept my death, then rez and take out the next one. But to be in the tower with them? Forget about it. Even at higher ranks that is not a good idea, their AoE covers the whole tower.

Which is why you have to stand outside and use Ranged. Just be careful as if they get too far away they reset.

If your on this evening look me up in game, I will come help you. PC/NA
    Edited by Nestor on January 27, 2016 11:54PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hah yea thats probably the most rough one.. but you should be able to beat them at V16

What class are you?
    N64 NA EP
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial Nightblade all medium armor, dual weld and bow.

well... i lost a lot of gems, more than ever before, but it's done :')

thank you for the tips :)
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh nice, congrats!
    N64 NA EP
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The easier way is to use the secret words... "CKalgon, take me away..." :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNgZFxAnKtA

Congrats on getting through it, though!
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little bit of a necro but I recalled how difficult this could be and was about to log after just getting a skyshard on my stamsorc nearby and say "Ah what the hell." Had a couple close calls where I let my heals fall off buy I soloed it relatively easily compared to what this was like back when my templar ran into it. Stayed inside the tower the entire time.

Power creep is a ***.

I can remember when Cadwells felt as hard.
    Edited by technohic on October 6, 2018 5:25AM